CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
limonene questions, southern ontario Options

treetop
#1 Posted : 7/16/2011 1:07:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hello everyone,

i have a question about some d limonene that i acquired some time ago... i recieved some limo from a gentleman who was making silicon masks and was using the limo to clean brushes of silicon... so my first question is this. would it still be safe and advisable to use the limo if there was some silicon residue floating around in it somewhere... not sure if there is any actual silicone in it but since he was working with it there is always the possibility. secondly the limo is a touch on the aged side. i am not sure if using old limo effects yeilds and if it is even worth it....

also i was at the local home depot here and i came across "ZEP" commercial professional strength heavy duty degreaser... has anyone ever heard of this or used it.. the bottle said that it contained D-limo and Monoethanolamine.... obviosly i would like pure limo but was wondering if this was still good/safe to use... i am in canada and have been having a hard time acquiring pure limo.. if these products are not good to use can anyone make any suggestions as to where one might be able to find some in southern ontario....

recess peaces
treetop
- dont travel to space travel to the space between spaces..[/color]
-the ultimate mystery of being is beyond all categories of thought..-joseph campbell

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 7/16/2011 2:30:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

limonene is becomming harder to get ahold of. I have seen that zep stuff as well but I dont think you would want to be using it, I am not 100% sure though. I think old limonene is fine becasue I have used the same limo over and over for extractions and just keep in in a jar to reuse so I dont use up the whole bottle of limo, because again it is getting hard to aquire. I have no idea about the silicon though.

I think that in canada we can order "orange oil" to a residential adress..but limonene is something that requires a business adress. You can use orange oil it is basically the same thing.
Long live the unwoke.

treetop
#3 Posted : 7/16/2011 4:23:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

if i were to use orange oil would i go about it all the same way? is there any modifications i would have to make... should i expect a drop in yield or would it be more or less comparable to what i would be getting with limo???
- dont travel to space travel to the space between spaces..[/color]
-the ultimate mystery of being is beyond all categories of thought..-joseph campbell

jamie
#4 Posted : 7/16/2011 4:58:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

you can use it the same way..orange oil is like 98% limonene or something like that..it is just the pure oil from the orange peel. Just make sure it is pure orange oil and not something watered down with other cleaning agents. I dont think there is a drop in yield..I think that the stuff we have here is orange oil.
Long live the unwoke.