CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
meditation-trip Options

polytrip
#1 Posted : 2/13/2011 9:18:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
A few days ago i had an incredible experience while meditating.
I was lying down, wich i often do when i meditate since it allows me to relax my muscles more easily. Halfway, i fell asleep though. My meditation gradually faded into sleep and eventually back again into the normal meditative state. In between i was still meditating, but it was more like i was still meditating in a dream. The funny thing is that the transition in and out of sleep went all very fluidly, so you can say that i more or less meditated into dreamland.
It was very spectacular though. I would say almost as spectacular as vaporised DMT.
My experience was: i lay down, start to meditate and get in a normal meditative trance, than while i'm there, suddenly i'm flying through space with quite a speed, surrounded by warm coloured light all around me. Eventually i wake-up still in the same position, breathing calmly and rhytmically, eyes upward while closed...fully back to normal. Good way to start the new day

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

actualfactual
#2 Posted : 2/13/2011 10:50:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nice

zubidlo
#3 Posted : 2/13/2011 11:22:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

Yes, that is the best way to induce lucid dreaming. Amazing experience indeed.
Straight to dreaming from awake state. Experiences I never forget. What was the dream about? Did story started you lying in your bed? Did you experienced false awakening? That is bomb tooVery happy

Regards,
'Life is an illusion designed to keep your mind occupied while you are digested by God.'

jamie
#4 Posted : 2/14/2011 12:32:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I do this often and drift into spaces that can be like caapi dreams... also when laying down in the daytime I often find myslef suddenly absorbed in DMT like visuals behind my eyes..it is very distinct..its not like bufotenine..its not like mescaline..it is very very very much like DMT.

I am convinved that I experience mild endogenous psychedelic states on a regular basis..

Il be darkrooming sometime in the next year and exploring all this farther.
Long live the unwoke.

universecannon
#5 Posted : 2/14/2011 1:01:23 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

polytrip, that sounds lovely. I was lucid dreaming just last night and thought it would be cool if i started meditating for a little in the dream, so i sat and closed my eyes while trying to slow my heart-rate (so i didn't get excited and wake up). It felt amazing.. and after opening my eyes everything had tryptamine patterns flowing over them

fractal enchantment wrote:
I do this often and drift into spaces that can be like caapi dreams... also when laying down in the daytime I often find myslef suddenly absorbed in DMT like visuals behind my eyes..it is very distinct..its not like bufotenine..its not like mescaline..it is very very very much like DMT.

I am convinved that I experience mild endogenous psychedelic states on a regular basis..

Il be darkrooming sometime in the next year and exploring all this farther.

Fractal, did this caapi-like thing start occurring prior to the dmt visuals becoming apparent?

I to drift into places that can be very caapi-esque when laying down or just sitting for a few minutes and relaxing my mind..i didn't realize it was similar to harmalas until i started taking them.. Sometimes its actually salvia and dmt like at the same time, which is always very intense but usually only happens when i'm almost fully asleep.. At first this stuff weirded me out, but now it happens often and is quite enjoyable.

It seems certain that altered states can be imprinted...but to what extent-i have no idea

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Rising Spirit
#6 Posted : 2/14/2011 2:46:42 AM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

Wow... I have been also going through something quite similar. For the last few months I have increased my exploration of the sleeping state. While I always end my day in meditation, also flat out on my back, I have only recently been able to successfully will myself to some semblance of conscious awareness, within the dreaming state. So far, no DMT-like visuals or anything like that... as when I get to the point of concentration, within my dream of meditating, I usually wake up.

Brother Fwaggle ignited an inquisitive fire within me, centered through the potentiality of dreaming, refracted through the lens of self empowerment. Essentially, to remember the calling of my youth. What self is contingent throughout any shift of attention or subjective parameter? Verily, the awakened self is dreaming this mirrored reality, as it is a dimension of the sequential substance and predictable, definitive logic.

I have also been working myself towards the point of being able to actually meditate in this realm, without allowing myself to fall into a thought dialog, which is the primary cause for our eventual return to ordinary, collective wakefulness. Why is this? Just the assertion of a cognitive, logical thought? We might call it a recall towards rationalization? Hence a re-entry into reality as we know it.

I've given a considerable amount of thought for over 34 years now. Ever since I began a methodical exploration of dreaming and the interior worlds which reside deep within our unconscious minds. Carlos Castaneda was the literary icon of my adolescence and I took this sort of thing quite seriously. Decades later, I have begun to scratch at the surface of this magical domain. I suspect that when we are generating our dreamscapes, we are fully experiencing the opposite of daily reality? :idea:

A parallel but mirrored shadow of the world of our rational 'waking state'. In this regard, we find substanciality from the right hemisphere of our brains. Ironically, while we sleep, we are capable of only gleaning an extreme fragment of what actually happens during our dreaming existence. As we all know, on this side of the looking glass, everything has a definite order to it. On the other side of the mountain? An open ended question mark, which calls our eager souls to fancies of weightless soul flight.
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

polytrip
#7 Posted : 2/14/2011 8:30:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

zubidlo wrote:
Hi,

Yes, that is the best way to induce lucid dreaming. Amazing experience indeed.
Straight to dreaming from awake state. Experiences I never forget. What was the dream about? Did story started you lying in your bed? Did you experienced false awakening? That is bomb tooVery happy

Regards,

No, it was just one smooth meditation session. I was meditating and just started flying realy fast through a space filled with warm coloured light. At some moment i suddenly realised that i was becoming awake again, or else i maybe wouldn't even have noticed i had been asleep....when you dream, the strangest things can happen, but it all seems so completely 'normal' during the dream itself.

joedirt
#8 Posted : 2/14/2011 11:27:01 PM

Not I

polytrip wrote:
A few days ago i had an incredible experience while meditating.
I was lying down, wich i often do when i meditate since it allows me to relax my muscles more easily. Halfway, i fell asleep though. My meditation gradually faded into sleep and eventually back again into the normal meditative state. In between i was still meditating, but it was more like i was still meditating in a dream. The funny thing is that the transition in and out of sleep went all very fluidly, so you can say that i more or less meditated into dreamland.
It was very spectacular though. I would say almost as spectacular as vaporised DMT.
My experience was: i lay down, start to meditate and get in a normal meditative trance, than while i'm there, suddenly i'm flying through space with quite a speed, surrounded by warm coloured light all around me. Eventually i wake-up still in the same position, breathing calmly and rhytmically, eyes upward while closed...fully back to normal. Good way to start the new day

Welcome to Pratyahara. Once you can maintain awareness into the sleep state you will realize that you have cut of your sense physical senses. This is actually th elast stage before true meditation begins!

Cheers
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Rising Spirit
#9 Posted : 2/15/2011 3:59:36 AM

joedirt wrote:
Welcome to Pratyahara. Once you can maintain awareness into the sleep state you will realize that you have cut of your sense physical senses. This is actually the last stage before true meditation begins!

Shades of Patanjali's Ashtanga Yoga Sutras and the complex science which it encoded within the soul of Indian humankind! There, I said Patanjali and Science in one sentence... and did not get struck by lightning. Imagine that? Burnt, benzyme and ۩ will no doubt appear and challenge any claim that Yoga is a legitimate scientific field of research. But hey, this is pertaining to dreaming, visualization, astral projection and other mysterious, non-rational, right-brained human activities.

Or is this something much, much more transpiring in dreaming states, than any hemispheric mechanism at work? Wink

Patanjali wrote:
Yogas chitta-vritti nirodha (Yoga is the restraint of the thought-waves of the mind.) When the five senses and the mind are still, and the reasoning intellect rests in silence, then begins the highest path. This calm steadiness of the senses is called Yoga. So, when one experiences, through meditation, that one's true, constant identity is above and beyond thought, beyond the individual body and soul, one ceases to identify with these ephemera, and begins to identify with the witnessing Consciousness, and to view one's own thoughts, feelings, and daily activities from a vantage point that is detached and supremely secure.

Shankaracharya wrote:
The fool thinks, "I am the just the body"; the intelligent man thinks, "I am an individual soul united within the body, as Atman." But the wise man, in the greatness of his knowledge and depth of spiritual discrimination, sees the Self as the only reality and thinks, "I am Brahman." The universe is truly Brahman, ... for that which is superimposed (the universe) has no separate existence from its substratum (Brahman).

BTW, I'm delighted that it was you who integrated the Yogic cosmology into our Nexian dialog. I have been hesitant for a number of reasons, given the seeming need for contemporary psychonauts to find new terminologies and methodologies to express and communicate about these states of mind.

Nice to know that brilliantly pragmatic individuals can also gravitate to the metaphysical, as well as residing within the company of mathematicians, erudite logicians and clinical researchers. The voodoo that you do? You are a most unique soul, joedirt. You're a pretty cool scientist. Actually, we are all pretty cool in this Nexian community, each soul a most unique character. Cool

You remind me of my dear friend who is a quantum physicist. He confided to me, that after getting tied-up with his rationalizations and theoretical hypothesis' for decades, he simply gave up and surrendered to the realm of the metaphysical. He is convinced that Einstein was indeed correct, one could live a thousand lifetimes in unbroken succession and still never be able to logically prove the existence of a unified filed of energy/ The Godhead, or deduce any equation, by which we might contain the workings of the mysterious nature of the unmanifested state of Brahman. I wholly agree.

He's got this crazy wisdom and childlike enthusiasm about him, a sparkle-eyed expression, when he gets to this point in the dialog.

Alan wrote:
Sometimes, you just have to leave the rational mind behind, and just jump right in to the emptiness of the Void, trusting intuition alone, to carry your awareness into the white light. You've gotta have faith or it's just mere speculation and the revolving mind-game of the human intellect.

I am intrigued by the idea that you feel that within lucid dream states, when we are withdrawn from the physical senses, we have the unique opportunity to interphase with, as BoyPony labels it, God Mode? In such lucid dreaming, I seem to be able to notice my sensory receptors but not be as concretely bound by the limitations and restrictions, by which they control my definition of reality (while awake).

I just have one question for you. Please, can you elucidate further? I am certain that Patanjali as well as Shankara, taught that The Vivekachudamani or Crest Jewel of Discrimination is a consciousness expanding process, not an unconsciousness expanding process. Let me clarify, as I do not disagree with anything you suggest, speculate about or imply. OK? I am curious about how your semantics resonate with mine and our other 'white light junkies', within the hallowed halls of the Nexian community.

I have been exploring these Indian cosmologies for some 30+ years now and have come to believe that there is a distinct differentiation between the waking, sleeping and mystical states of spiritual consciousness. Basically, mind is mind, the vast sea of thought forms and ideas... but mind manifests itself in myriad ways, with an infinity of alternate variations and minute degrees.

As I stated, I do not challenge you in any way, I sincerely want your perspective in relation to these areas of mind. Your words imply a fusion of an almost Carlos Castaneda-like, Native American Shamanism and classical East Indian Yogic theology. I've been inclined to explore this complicated symbiosis of ideologies, myself.

As I was saying, in the acquisition of Advaita (non dualism), Atman purposefully shuts off the temporal fixations of the senses and re-enters the unbound state of Brahman (indivisible consciousness). It has been described by the Rishis as "The Awakened State". :idea:

In every description, sleep and dreaming are dismissed as elements of Maya (duality) and therefore, technically... not exactly heralded as the most direct path towards enlightenment. According to the illuminated Yogis, of course. For they label the non-dreaming self, as the 'awakened self'. Essentially, this is what I refer to as The Awakening of the Omniself.

As you well know, within the Kriya Yogic terminology of Sri Swami Yukteswar and Swami Paramahansa Yogananda (in direct transmission of the illuminated teachings of Sri Mahavatar Babaji Maharaj), Sahaja Nirvikalpa Samadhi translates into super-consciousness. The Sages emphatically state that this greatest Samadhi shines above both, the unconscious and conscious divisions within the human mind. This link has a clearly defined and somewhat traditional brake-down of the varied states of consciousness within the human mind (no... it's not the Self Realization Fellowship).

http://www.perception9.c...usness&item=00000151

While there is no physical hemisphere for this 'third attention', by the very definition of the word, is decidedly not a hemi-sphere it is essentially a uni-sphere of mind. Or an Omnisphere? Exactly! But does it have a physical location in the human brain or does it exist purely in the auric body? Much to ponder, eh mates?

Do you folks find it more accessible to grasp Sahaja Nirvikalpa Samadhi from a vantage point of dreaming deep meditation? Or is it the very same realization as non-dreaming deep meditation? Just from a less constricting dimensional space, like within an astral plane, so to speak?

Sahaja Nirvikalpa Samadhi, in the classic sense, is a level of non-dual 'supra-consciousness'. Not the domain of the right hemisphere nor the left hemisphere, rather, a transcendent state above Maya (duality), in the indivisible awareness of Advaita. So they do stress that the dreaming self is based on illusory misconceptions, thus, exist as a component of imagination; itself a potential tangent in the trajectory of our dawning awakening. So too, the rational world of sentient mind, is also referred to as a veritable 'mirage' and therefore, also a dream within a dream.

Lord Buddha made reference to Bodhi and Nirvana. He is reputed to have placed an emphasis on peraonl enlightenment and the attainment of 'wakefulness' and so, inspired countless billions of human beings to dive deeply into the regular practice of meditation and the responsibility of their own salvation, through said wakefulness. One of the names assocoatyed with Lord Buddha is, 'The Awakened One'.

Sri Ramana Maharshi wrote:
In sleep the mind is alive but merged in oblivion. In Kevala Nirvikalpa Samadhi, the mind is alive but merged in light, like a bucket with rope lowered into a well, that can be drawn out again. - In Sahaja Nirvikalpa Samadhi, the mind is dead , resolved into the Self, like a river discharged into the ocean - its identity lost - and which can never be re-directed from the ocean, once discharged into it.

Where I find this exploration gets quite fascinating, is here in the now. As we have but two halves to our paradoxical nature and but the two hemispheres to our brain activities (decidedly not three)... how do you use lucid dreaming to access the undifferentiated plane of Advaita? Do you feel that the absence of concrete laws and the immense gravity of the set parameters of 'reality', are less of a barrier to immersion within the light of lights?

BTW folks, I had one more partial-awakening with my lucid dreaming, last night. I became consciously aware that I was within a dream and willed myself to enter a meditative state of mind. I was careful not to allow myself to think about what I was doing, lest I awaken into normal waking existence. So in an empty stillness, I waited to see what I might witness or perhaps, realize about deep meditation on the other side of the looking glass.

I felt my internal energy moving upwards through my spinal column, onwards into my head. the anti-gravity of soul flight. Yes, I accessed the doorway, the Mind's Eye and entered into the breathless state and expanded perceptually, as my crown chakra blossomed open into the Indivisibility of the Grid. Just shy of an actual whiteout. Shocked

Too bad I slipped back into thinking about the experience. Unfortunately... as I realized that the fringes of the supra-consciousness of Samadhi can be accessed form BOTH hemispheres of the brain... I was drawn back into wakefulness. I was laying on my back in the dark, once more. What time is it, I wondered?

So do you feel that working within what Sigmund Freud labeled the subconscious mind and Carl Jung labeled the unconscious mind, the realm of dreams and their plasticity of potentiality... is particularly useful for the Yogin? From my vantage point, I believe we should seek the Light if Advaita in all states. Awake or dreaming, high on psychedelics or sober, centered and grounded on two feet.

I would expect that the slightly less than 1/3 of our lifetime spent sleeping, is a lot of potentiality to embrace. I think we all know that the REM phase is where we process the dimensionality of these dreamscapes. How does this impact our assessment of waking reality? It sure seems to be the mirrored opposite of the nine-to-five, work-a-day mirage we create in our daily conscious lives.

What should I look for next, when I attempt to meditate in Dreamland again? I know not to exclaim, "Aha, I have found my center while dreaming!" Only to have ruined the whole unfoldment with mental dialog. What stance is best to have when meditating within The Dreamscape? Should I look for the clear light of Spirit? I usually do... Wink

Thanks in advance, for any insights, perspectives or comments. I am psyched to move forward with this dreaming practice! Aum Mani Padme Hum

Peace, love & light

Rising Spirit
#10 Posted : 2/16/2011 4:26:36 PM

polytrip wrote:
The funny thing is that the transition in and out of sleep went all very fluidly, so you can say that i more or less meditated into dreamland.
My experience was: i lay down, start to meditate and get in a normal meditative trance, than while i'm there, suddenly i'm flying through space with quite a speed, surrounded by warm coloured light all around me. Eventually i wake-up still in the same position, breathing calmly and rhytmically, eyes upward while closed...fully back to normal.

Please forgive me for my lengthy and overly-emphatic tangent into the theology of East Indian Advaita and how it interphases within the transcendental experience of the Dreamer (Atman). I would like you to continue to share your impressions of this unique type of meditation. With what proximity to your last blast off with vaporized DMT, were these wonderful experiences? How have the flow of this Dream-meditation progressed or perhaps even changed, with more investigation and exploration? Also, I was wondering if your experience happened in the REM stages of your sleep cycle or if you have bypassed the 'normal' state of sleeping and in so doing, emerged into a 'super-consciousness' awareness (by which you were in a DMT-like realm)? :idea:

This morning when I awoke, I was lingering in the REM phase and I somewhat heard the oscillation of the Carrier Wave and felt my consciousness shifting into another frequency of awareness. The feeling and sensation was like moving at an incredible speed through a current of energy, linearly (like a light bubble within a tube of rushing force). Almost like flying but in an atmosphere of air (gases), rather, a fluid and clearly raw current of liquid thoughtfulness. Hard to describe but easy to feel, when it's happening. I did actually see some subtle fractal patterning inside my head but by observing them, I seemed to break the trance and return to 'normal' dreaming state and then, wakefulness. Then I popped back into 3-dimensional reality and earthly wakefulness... and the begging of my re-entry into the sequential realm of human collectivity.

And yourself? Do you ease into a fluid mental-shift or does this happen in stages? Transitioning from one level of consciousness to the other gradually... or is there a non-definitive sequencing, whereby you suddenly shift back into wakefulness, naturally? Please do keep us in-the-loop about your new discoveries of Dreaming-meditation awareness and your further out-of-body experiences.

Peace, love & light

actualfactual
#11 Posted : 2/16/2011 5:20:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rising Spirit you are one of my favorite posters on the nexus.. I often find myself fascinated when reading your posts..

Quote:
You remind me of my dear friend who is a quantum physicist. He confided to me, that after getting tied-up with his rationalizations and theoretical hypothesis' for decades, he simply gave up and surrendered to the realm of the metaphysical. He is convinced that Einstein was indeed correct, one could live a thousand lifetimes in unbroken succession and still never be able to logically prove the existence of a unified filed of energy/ The Godhead, or deduce any equation, by which we might contain the workings of the mysterious nature of the unmanifested state of Brahman. I wholly agree.

Not sure I agree with this.. I think one day it is very possible science will be able to show the unified nature of everything. In my experience the Godhead is a very real thing, possibly more real then "reality" and I see no reason why one day we can't have the technology/knowledge to prove it.

Rising Spirit
#12 Posted : 2/16/2011 6:11:53 PM

aloneits wrote:
Rising Spirit you are one of my favorite posters on the nexus.. I often find myself fascinated when reading your posts..

Quote:

Not sure I agree with this.. I think one day it is very possible science will be able to show the unified nature of everything. In my experience the Godhead is a very real thing, possibly more real then "reality" and I see no reason why one day we can't have the technology/knowledge to prove it.

Thank you for such kinds words. Wink

Well, I can see how you might not agree to such an absolute decree and finality, regarding potential scientific breakthroughs into the mystery of God. My written words never really come out the way I intend for them to, since something pertinent always seems to get lost in the translation. Words like 'prove' are so subject to semantically derived modalities of interpretation.

I do share your enthusiasm about Science reaching a point in it's capacity to perceive the innate building blocks of this universe and find the footprints leading to the Indivisibility of Spirit. That realization, whereby what you and I (and many other sympathetic human souls) know and directly experience through our awareness, a reality which is 'more real' than any previously presumed state of reality.

What I was aiming at expressing, is that no matter how much we develop, intellectually, we could never contain the Divine in a limiting structural formulation or sequential equation. Were this possible, as an observable mechanism, we still face the improbability of our attempts. Think about gibran2's Marble Theory, and you know what I mean.

My question is how we can realistically compress the realm of the Eternal Godhead into a testable format? I believe we can intuitively attune to this force and discover much of it's essence reflected throughout nature. But not using the same approach and usual logical reasoning or deductive computations. By it's very unbound nature, God or Brahman, transcends all form or perceivable substance.

Meanwhile, while residing within a central core/ unified principle within all that exists, it remains imminently present to our soul awareness, despite it's emptiness (outside of the time and space continuum). Free of form, within an unmanifested, empty vacuum, The Void... yet, simultaneously everything that exists. Hence, the extreme paradox.

Now, if you imply a Science of the Spirit, unto itself... I'm definitely on board. We do need to conjoin the part of our minds which objectively analyzes the evidence of the manifestation of the phenomena (emanating from within the source field of undifferentiated being/Brahman/God), with the part of ourselves which by losing a line of cognitive separation, thus merges into a symbiosis with the unmanifested Indivisible.

I was referencing the futility of utilizing previously employed modes of perception, by which Science currently approaches the study of the tangible and the not so tangible nature of existence. Kudos to you, for your positive affirmations, aloneits.

Still, I propose that without shifting the manner in which we discover new views into reality, we will never break through the predominant paradox of trying to grasp, that which cannot be caught by will power or redoubled determination. IMO, only through direct immersion with the force of Spirit, can any progress be realistically attained. For, without a duality in subject-to-object interrelationship, how can we reference such data pertaining to a Unified Field of Energy? How do we rationally measure the parameters of the Infinite, when our sensibilities are fixed within the duality of polarities? :idea:

I an curious to see how the unified human mind emerges into this conceptual dynamic. Reason alone, cannot access the Divine state. Intuition alone, cannot map the nature of the unbound spiritual reality, as it lacks logical mechanisms of interpretation. The irony is, that we have the capacity to bridge this gap by unifying our own consciousness first. How do you think we will achieve this new approach to discovering the interior essence/ central core of being which is Void, from scientific methods alone?

So far, we can but measure and map the manifestations of said source, the existence and consensus view of reality, as we have come to know it. For the time being, we appear to remain unable to link the two polarized spheres of human perception. Our intellectually driven mental propensity, seeks to solidify the mysterious absence of any measurable substantiality... or any objective solidity within such a hypothetical Unified Field. It essentially, still remains a game of circular logic. There must be a way to bridge this ideological gap. The fusion of intellect with intuition, may be key to this unfoldment? But let's keep a good thought!!!

Perhaps our Dream-meditations might open avenues into broader vistas and new vantage points, which could have vital meaning for such a symbiotic interrelationship of finite knowledge and infinite mystery?

polytrip
#13 Posted : 2/16/2011 9:21:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Rising Spirit wrote:
polytrip wrote:
The funny thing is that the transition in and out of sleep went all very fluidly, so you can say that i more or less meditated into dreamland.
My experience was: i lay down, start to meditate and get in a normal meditative trance, than while i'm there, suddenly i'm flying through space with quite a speed, surrounded by warm coloured light all around me. Eventually i wake-up still in the same position, breathing calmly and rhytmically, eyes upward while closed...fully back to normal.

Please forgive me for my lengthy and overly-emphatic tangent into the theology of East Indian Advaita and how it interphases within the transcendental experience of the Dreamer (Atman). I would like you to continue to share your impressions of this unique type of meditation. With what proximity to your last blast off with vaporized DMT, were these wonderful experiences? How have the flow of this Dream-meditation progressed or perhaps even changed, with more investigation and exploration? Also, I was wondering if your experience happened in the REM stages of your sleep cycle or if you have bypassed the 'normal' state of sleeping and in so doing, emerged into a 'super-consciousness' awareness (by which you were in a DMT-like realm)? :idea:

This morning when I awoke, I was lingering in the REM phase and I somewhat heard the oscillation of the Carrier Wave and felt my consciousness shifting into another frequency of awareness. The feeling and sensation was like moving at an incredible speed through a current of energy, linearly (like a light bubble within a tube of rushing force). Almost like flying but in an atmosphere of air (gases), rather, a fluid and clearly raw current of liquid thoughtfulness. Hard to describe but easy to feel, when it's happening. I did actually see some subtle fractal patterning inside my head but by observing them, I seemed to break the trance and return to 'normal' dreaming state and then, wakefulness. Then I popped back into 3-dimensional reality and earthly wakefulness... and the begging of my re-entry into the sequential realm of human collectivity.

And yourself? Do you ease into a fluid mental-shift or does this happen in stages? Transitioning from one level of consciousness to the other gradually... or is there a non-definitive sequencing, whereby you suddenly shift back into wakefulness, naturally? Please do keep us in-the-loop about your new discoveries of Dreaming-meditation awareness and your further out-of-body experiences.

[color-cyan]Peace, love & light
[/quote]
This meditative state was more like iboga than DMT in the sense that it was not very frantic or euphoric, but had a pleasant comforting warmth like you also experience on caapi and a feeling of literally flying freely and with great speed. It is the first time i very counsciously witnessed such a transition of counsciousness-state in myself. But like you said, the shift back to wakefullness was more abrubt and sudden.
Today i had a simmilar experience when i listened to some binaural beats but this lasted only a few seconds. Maybe this was even stranger because i experienced that i literally turned upside-down, hovering a few inches above the floor and when i again suddenly awoke, that was quite a twist.
My experiences pretty much resemble what you describe indeed, in being immersed in some warm gaslike substance, almost like a benign sort of fire.

Virola78
#14 Posted : 2/28/2011 6:42:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

no fancy colors or flying around for me but i do sometimes experience strange dreamstates when falling asleep or waking up. thought i might share.

These mostly happen when i take afternoon naps. I find naps to be compensating for lack of sleep during the nights (because i dont want to go to bed early, busy.) Lie down on the bed, fall asleep for about an hour, and then wake up feeling fit. Works fine.

Sometimes during the part where i wake up i will be conscious of myself in a dreamstate. I will notice feeling myself in a certain position, lying on my side, facing the room, top of head in direction of the front of the house. Then a bit later i will become aware of the fact that i am not in this position at all Shocked , in fact i am facing the wall, and my head is in direction of the back of the house.

When i dont realise something is off i truly believe, feel, that i am facing the room. There have been moments where i decided i would just lie in bed a bit longer and think some more about something, eyes closed, cozy, but just a bit chilly. So i would strech my arm to find the blanket and pull it back over me, ...bam, Mad i hit the wall. Also i have managed to bang my head against the wall on another occasion. Seriously, it hurt. Also i am not amused when the wall is just too freakin close when i open my eyes.

When i do become aware of this more or less separated state (thats 'feels' more real) i can switch between what i know (wall, back) and what i feel (room, front.) The moment i dont think about it, i will immediately snap back into the feeling (r,f) and continue to think in dreamstate, perhaps plan my day in this state while thinking im just lying there with my eyes closed (facing the room!!..)..till again the moment comes i notice and realise something is off, and i become aware of myself again, opposite direction. Or not, and i possibly hurt myself.

So complete opposite directions (r-f, w-b.) that is strange isnt it? is it? maybe something to do with left and right brain? as i am lying on my side when this happens, more blood on one side?

Then some months ago already somehting slightly different happened. Instead of feeling and thinking opposite directions, i felt like i was sitting behind my computer, while i was actually lying in bed Shocked . I became aware of myself dreaming that i was sitting behind the computer. The feeling was so real and complete that it was really hard to believe my waking mind (that was telling me aha im dreaming, because i am actually lying in bed waking up slowly.) The first time i (completely) woke up after it happened i thought this must be what lucid dreaming is about. I thought next time when i become aware like this i must try to do something, change something in the dream. Fortunately it has happened again, and it was the same dream (feeling) that i was sitting behind the computer. Doing nothing, because in this dream i felt myself sitting behind the computer, eyes closed. Perfectly in line with my waking self that knew i was in bed and thinking about sitting there behind the computer, doing nothing, just meditating. as if i were in two places indeed. Again i could switch between these two states, but unfortunately i couldnt change the dream (in my dream i tried to look what was on the monitor.) I couldnt 'merge' the two states, they were clearly separate at this point. I guess my consciousness was streched, and some part of it was still dreaming. Before i became fully wake i knew i was going to (wake), because i felt disturbed in my trying to change the dream. I felt i lost focus and snapped back into fully wake mode, where i could clearly hear the cat doing stuff in the background, making noises that connected (by 'dreamfrustration'Pleased me back to waking life. I have had this waking dream about sitting behind the computer twice now.

It is hard to get grip of these strange dreamy things that continue to puzzle and fascinate me. Would be interested to hear if anyone else finds himself upside down in bed Confused

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

joedirt
#15 Posted : 2/28/2011 10:09:35 PM

Not I

Rising Spirit wrote:
aloneits wrote:

Quote:

Thank you for such kinds words. Wink

Well, I can see how you might not agree to such an absolute decree and finality, regarding potential scientific breakthroughs into the mystery of God. My written words never really come out the way I intend for them to, since something pertinent always seems to get lost in the translation. Words like 'prove' are so subject to semantically derived modalities of interpretation.

I do share your enthusiasm about Science reaching a point in it's capacity to perceive the innate building blocks of this universe and find the footprints leading to the Indivisibility of Spirit. That realization, whereby what you and I (and many other sympathetic human souls) know and directly experience through our awareness, a reality which is 'more real' than any previously presumed state of reality.

What I was aiming at expressing, is that no matter how much we develop, intellectually, we could never contain the Divine in a limiting structural formulation or sequential equation. Were this possible, as an observable mechanism, we still face the improbability of our attempts. Think about gibran2's Marble Theory, and you know what I mean.

My question is how we can realistically compress the realm of the Eternal Godhead into a testable format? I believe we can intuitively attune to this force and discover much of it's essence reflected throughout nature. But not using the same approach and usual logical reasoning or deductive computations. By it's very unbound nature, God or Brahman, transcends all form or perceivable substance.

Meanwhile, while residing within a central core/ unified principle within all that exists, it remains imminently present to our soul awareness, despite it's emptiness (outside of the time and space continuum). Free of form, within an unmanifested, empty vacuum, The Void... yet, simultaneously everything that exists. Hence, the extreme paradox.

Now, if you imply a Science of the Spirit, unto itself... I'm definitely on board. We do need to conjoin the part of our minds which objectively analyzes the evidence of the manifestation of the phenomena (emanating from within the source field of undifferentiated being/Brahman/God), with the part of ourselves which by losing a line of cognitive separation, thus merges into a symbiosis with the unmanifested Indivisible.

I was referencing the futility of utilizing previously employed modes of perception, by which Science currently approaches the study of the tangible and the not so tangible nature of existence. Kudos to you, for your positive affirmations, aloneits.

Still, I propose that without shifting the manner in which we discover new views into reality, we will never break through the predominant paradox of trying to grasp, that which cannot be caught by will power or redoubled determination. IMO, only through direct immersion with the force of Spirit, can any progress be realistically attained. For, without a duality in subject-to-object interrelationship, how can we reference such data pertaining to a Unified Field of Energy? How do we rationally measure the parameters of the Infinite, when our sensibilities are fixed within the duality of polarities? :idea:

I an curious to see how the unified human mind emerges into this conceptual dynamic. Reason alone, cannot access the Divine state. Intuition alone, cannot map the nature of the unbound spiritual reality, as it lacks logical mechanisms of interpretation. The irony is, that we have the capacity to bridge this gap by unifying our own consciousness first. How do you think we will achieve this new approach to discovering the interior essence/ central core of being which is Void, from scientific methods alone?

So far, we can but measure and map the manifestations of said source, the existence and consensus view of reality, as we have come to know it. For the time being, we appear to remain unable to link the two polarized spheres of human perception. Our intellectually driven mental propensity, seeks to solidify the mysterious absence of any measurable substantiality... or any objective solidity within such a hypothetical Unified Field. It essentially, still remains a game of circular logic. There must be a way to bridge this ideological gap. The fusion of intellect with intuition, may be key to this unfoldment? But let's keep a good thought!!!

Perhaps our Dream-meditations might open avenues into broader vistas and new vantage points, which could have vital meaning for such a symbiotic interrelationship of finite knowledge and infinite mystery?

First off let me apologize for the delay in responding. I wasn't watching the thread so I didn't realize there were more replies.

Rising Spirit I'm not sure I can fully answer all of your questions. After ll I'm also just a student on this path with you! Smile With that said I do have ideas about it.

The dream state is ultimately just another part of Samsara. However in the dream state we are not bound by any normal laws of physics. We are however deeply bound by our beliefs. Believe you can't fly in a dream and you won't be able to. Now what makes this state interesting to me is that we can just as easily use our power of belief to reach higher states in the dream state. ultimately though I believe the goal of dream work is to maintain awareness through REM and deep sleep. It is awareness in the deep sleep state that Tibetan Buddhists refer to as the clear light.

My lucid dreaming skills are pretty bad because I don't dream as much as I used to.....however me and the wife just gave up marijuana for a time and I'm hoping that I can recapture the old ability again!

My long time goal in lucid dreaming is to sit and practice kriya pranayama in that state. I'm guessing that if I can get back to lucid dreaming I can use kriya pranayama to maintain a single point of awareness and ultimately leave the dream state and enter into the clear light of awareness.

Have you ever dreamed of being on a psychedelic? The first time I did this I awoke with the most profound realization. It's not drugs that cause this states of mind. It is in fact a general property of our mind to manifest these states. How else could I have possibly dreamed that I was having a peak LSD experience? This dream was partially responsible for me rethinking how the universe works.

As for the different levels of samadhi. Well I'm just not qualified to explain them as I've only really had one experience that I'm personally calling samadhi. I can say this however. Once in that state of complete immersion with the light there is no thought of "is this the last state". There really wasn't much thought at all actually. HOWEVER...there was awareness. In fact I believe the way to achieve this states is to stop thought while maintaining awareness. During my experience on shrooms this is how it happened for me. The visions were whirling by at breakneck speed. I began meditating on the breath and energy in the spine. As my breath slowed the visions also slowed until they stopped at a steady state. The visions resulting static vision was of a large temple door. I could feel the white light on the other side of it. I asked, "What am I". The vision went black...aka no visions. "What am I", this time the black turned to light. "What am I?" This time the light snapped and I immediately felt as small as an atom and as large as the universe. My entire body, resonated with the frequency of the universe. I was simultaneously aware of every atom in my body as well as every atom in the universe. Nothing could prepare me for it. It wasn't an ego death. I was still very much aware, but I was not me. I was the little wave that realized it was being propelled along by the mighty ocean. I guess the experience was like the wave eventually becoming one with the ocean again.

So I'm going out on a limb here and suggesting that since there was awareness in my clear light immersion then perhaps there is yet another state beyond that.

Honestly I just don't know. I am pretty convinced that there really is something special about drugs like DMT and psilocin. Their ability to shift our consciousness to the point of experiencing the world in a completely different way is utterly profound. Our perception is everything.

Peace!
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Rising Spirit
#16 Posted : 3/1/2011 3:12:58 AM

joedirt wrote:
The dream state is ultimately just another part of Samsara. However in the dream state we are not bound by any normal laws of physics. We are however deeply bound by our beliefs. Believe you can't fly in a dream and you won't be able to. Now what makes this state interesting to me is that we can just as easily use our power of belief to reach higher states in the dream state. ultimately though I believe the goal of dream work is to maintain awareness through REM and deep sleep. It is awareness in the deep sleep state that Tibetan Buddhists refer to as the clear light.

My sentiments exactly. In the 'unconscious' dream state, we are less bound by logic and the gravity of our rationale, our absolute certainty about what is and what is not possible. That which we label as, 'conscious' and reasonable, by definition, is perhaps just the polarity of those characteristics of being which are the substance of dreams? This simplification, however, can be a double-edged sword. In our usual 'waking life' we experience the world of duality; cause and effect (the Domino Theory). It is both, reassuring and on the other hand, quite limiting to our universal soul nature. We long for the mysterious. We yearn for the challenge of the paradoxical.

For in the birthing of our Divine Remembrance, we yearn to reach beyond the boundaries of time, space and dimension. Who can blame the aspirations of humankind for such spiritual bradaggio? Essentially, you are spot on. While we reside in our dreaming shadow world, our mirrored self... we are in an alternate universe of sorts and our potentiality is vast and as unformed as the ultimate mystery, the great unknown. So, to take effortless flight into the empty sky is as easy as to believe it into being. Such is the nature of dreams...

How different is this to our daily human physical restrictions and all the laws which accompany it's navigation through this manifest universe? Yeah, we do have an unique chance to step boldly into uncharted territories, whilst sleeping away our 28%-33% of our earthly existence. In terms of linear time sequencing, why do we so readily insist that waking life is more valid and therefore, somehow more believable or more real?

I'm glad you brought up the unfathomably blinding brilliance of the Clear Light (being a junkie, myself). But seriously, it is precisely in dream states, near-death experiences, psychedelic voyages and in fully-ripened meditative trance states... which our parameters exponentially expand beyond the learned behavior of our conditioning, to dissolve into the sublime radiance of the light, within of the vacuum of the Omniscient silence, the hypnotic allure of the quiet, empty stillness of the Eternal Void.

joedirt wrote:
Have you ever dreamed of being on a psychedelic? The first time I did this I awoke with the most profound realization. It's not drugs that cause this states of mind. It is in fact a general property of our mind to manifest these states. How else could I have possibly dreamed that I was having a peak LSD experience? This dream was partially responsible for me rethinking how the universe works.

My first experience of this phenomenon was in my college days. While I know you are referring to having a psychedelic impression in a dream state, I can relate to this from the opposite angle, having dreams within a psychedelic state. It was the summer of 1978. We were having a "tripping party" over a 3-day Holiday weekend. Purple microdot LSD-25. As is most reasonable, we initially began this trilogy event with two microdots each (certainly, quite a heavy trip), me and my college buddies. Day two was a continuum, and so required an increase to 4 microdots each... And by day three? We each ate 7 purple microdots for breakfast (being young and most foolish)! Shocked

My, my, this was good fun, as well as terrifying and confusing. It was a cyclonic myriad of alternate universes of perceptual exploration, integration and conceptual modification. This 3-day session included eating, bathing and sleeping (but of course). Falling asleep after a long trip, dreaming trippy dreams and waking up... still tripping, redefined reality for my young, conceptual constructs. It shook the foundations of my routine mindset.

I have, as of yet, experienced fully 'getting-off' (a shattering psychedelic experience) in a dream state without hallucinogens at play. Sure, I've had dreams I was tripping on one Sacred Medicine or another... but it was in dream time and in the realm of dreaming, not a completely blossomed superconscious enlightenment. I expect that in deep meditation, we may get exponentially more clear glimpses of this? You make me wonder about the potentiality of these altered dreaming states. Please elucidate further joedirt. Say, which variety of psychedelic would most parallel this dreaming 'acid trip' most similarly? LSD-25, DMT, Mescaline or Psilocybin? And have you used Saliva Divinorum in your dream work? I have found her to be a powerful ally on the other side of the looking glass.

I recall having drams where I was unable to differentiate if was having a dream or had truly, awakened to another existence in a parallel universe of sorts. I know that I was aware of dreaming and that it was not my ordinary collage of habitual thought patterning. So I began to wonder what was the fragile tapestry we weave and refer to as reality? I mean, if I could not tell the difference between waking, tripping and sleeping... what was the thread that united these rotating planes of perception? Obviously, it was my soul which knows neither time, space or dimension. It is forever eager to embrace the Indivisible Spirit of the Divine. As you suggest, we can enter into deep meditative states of transcendence, within the unstructured realm of our nightly universe of dreaming. They say, those who are called 'enlightened', that in essence... life is but a dream.

joedirt wrote:
As for the different levels of samadhi. Well I'm just not qualified to explain them as I've only really had one experience that I'm personally calling samadhi. I can say this however. Once in that state of complete immersion with the light there is no thought of "is this the last state". There really wasn't much thought at all actually. HOWEVER...there was awareness. In fact I believe the way to achieve this states is to stop thought while maintaining awareness.

William Shakespeare wrote:
"What is in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet." (Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

Frankly, I make reference to Patanjali, Shankaracharya and Sri Ramana Maharshi... for purely personal reasons. I was delighted you mentioned, 'Pratyahara' (the withdrawal and freedom of the 5 human senses). I truly admire the Vedantic tradition and adhere to the wisdom of my elder, East Indian Brethren. Advaita is the star by which I (Atman) fix my anchor, metaphorically speaking. Like yourself, I have used the practice of the Kriyas to bring my focus to a single point. In sleeping/dreaming or non-thought sequences, this seems even more challenging to our reasoning mind.

The point about our individuated tunnel vision (our innate duality), in direct juxtaposition to our unified, Samadhi experiences... counterpoints the interplay between our sleeping/subconscious self and our waking/conscious self and further... superconscious Omniself. A veritable triad, a pyramid of 3 levels of awareness, collectively forming the integral parts of the One. At the very core of awareness is the Indivisible and as you said, we immerse ourselves within this interior plane, the clear light of being, thereby immersing our subjectivity into the silence of thoughtlessness.

Socrates wrote:
My knowledge comes from an unknowing.

Whether we have cognizance within the right or left hemisphere of our brains, we are still dreaming. Our dream is that of God choosing to forget God's own innate Godhood. The universal riddle. Who can speculate as to why... but the return journey is a blissful one, so it behooves the human psychonaut to qualify any degrees of truth, for all truths are great mirrors, reflecting illusory phantoms, dancing in the unbound light of eternity.

That being said, we instinctively seek reaffirmation, right? Why not simply accept the inevitability of the emptiness, the nothingness of the Void? I would guess that it is because we remember knowing something beyond description. We recall the unified frequency of mind. We thirst for this deep well of Infinite Spirit. And therefore, by the organic composition and content of our consciousness, we are called by the laws of evolution to reach beyond these polarized spheres, into the transcendent level of the Omnisphere, the singularity of all being.

We aspire for self-union, by our very organic hardwiring. Are we big Gods in small spaces or small Gods in big spaces? Outside of the restrictions of dimension, it becomes quite moot and completely irrelevant. God exists within Godself, therefore, all existence is God. As logic follows, if all is God, then nothing is not God... thus God does not exist apart from the illusory creation of form. All is Indivisible Being, yet within the manifestation of the universe, God forgets Godself for a momentary pause, as the manifestation creates innumerable forms. We are, as sentient beings, also the friction, the intersection of the unlimited, the tiny fibers meshing within the fabric of the Divine Mind... and the totality (all woven together from pure consciousness). We are thought bubbles of Brahman, incarnated as Atman, coiled within the unfolding momentary flow of the Eternal Tao :idea:

joedirt
#17 Posted : 3/1/2011 1:02:29 PM

Not I

Quote:
Please elucidate further joedirt. Say, which variety of psychedelic would most parallel this dreaming 'acid trip' most similarly? LSD-25, DMT, Mescaline or Psilocybin? And have you used Saliva Divinorum in your dream work? I have found her to be a powerful ally on the other side of the looking glass.

At the time I was only only doing LSD and shrooms, but mostly LSD as there was a glut of it. 2-5 bucks a hit...man those were the day's.

The dream was me dreaming that I took LSD and put it on my tounge. Of course being a dream it hit me instantly and then the insane visuals started. At the time I used to always see the world divided into hexagons like the structure of benzene. So in my dream I noticed everything was built from hexagons...then I could feel the tinkling sensation that one gets in the PNS from LSD. Then I woke up. Initially as I woke up I had the distinct feeling that I was still tripping which only lasted a few moments.

The first time I had a lucid dream was one of the most profound as well. I remember loading onto a school bus and then as I was walking to the back to find my seat I asked myself, "Am I dreaming"?. I then started doing reality tests and realized that yes I was indeed dreaming! The initial excitement overwhelmed me and I lost the dream vision, but my body was still very much asleep. From this state I could feel every atom in my body vibrate in unison. I then remembered the exercises that I was supposed to try. I visualized a glass of water...when I say visualized it was more like manifested a glass of water...remember I'm still asleep in an REM state. I then drank the water and it very much tasted like water and even felt like it as it slid down my throat. I then repeated the experiment with orange juice. As I drank it I could feel the slightly acidic juice slide down my throat. I could also taste it and smell it. Moments after this my real world alarm clock went off and it was time to get up and get ready. As I made it to the bathroom and started to turn on the shower I paused and realized that I had the very distinct taste of orange juice still lingering in my mouth!

While I've had much more profound lucid dreams where I could fly and have dream lovers etc...this one...the first one, was the only one were I had effected something in the real world with my dream. That something was the taste receptors in my mouth. They had supposedly sent signals to my brain that I had indeed drank orange juice...only it didn't happen that way. It happened in reverse. My brain sent signals to my tounge that it had just drank orange juice and my tounge believed it!

Our minds are so very fascinating.

I started the process of keeping a dream journal again last night. It's been quite awhile since I've had full blown lucid dreams and this is something that I think I need to revisit. There is real work to be done here.