CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LSD vs mescaline Options

polytrip
#1 Posted : 9/3/2008 3:52:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
In another thread on this forum, acolon_5 mentioned mescaline as one of his 4 favorite psychedelics. I have only experience with cacti (peyote and sanpedro) so maybe pure mescaline is a different thing, but for me it took quite large amounts to get very moderate effects.
I often heard people comparing mescaline with LSD, and maybe in real large amounts it becomes more like acid, but i find the differences rather noticeable. If i would be blindfolded and given one of the two, i think i definately would be able to tell wich of the two was given to me.
I wonder how others look at the comparison LSD/ mescaline, that's often made.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 9/3/2008 6:04:07 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
I have only experience with cacti (peyote and sanpedro) so maybe pure mescaline is a different thing, but for me it took quite large amounts to get very moderate effects.

You didn't prepare you cacti correctly if you think that.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

rellik
#3 Posted : 10/10/2008 3:40:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

never dreamed straight mesc. but i prefer dreaming san pedro over dreaming LSD
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

benzyme
#4 Posted : 10/10/2008 3:52:34 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

i'd imagine pure mesc would have slightly different qualities than the cacti, because the cacti contains other beta-phenethylamines, some of which may counteract some of the effects of mescaline, or give different somatic side-effects
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Jorkest
#5 Posted : 10/10/2008 3:54:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

perhaps you could look at this thread and it might help explain why eating cacti might not work so well

http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=2315
it's a sound

burnt
#6 Posted : 10/10/2008 4:02:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

a dream i had:

mescaline is more smooth then LSD. it comes on slower and lasts longer. its less intense visually and less pushy. but its overall a very euphoric and beautiful positive experience. it also makes you a bit sick feeling in the beginning. thats only way SWIM can compare the two.

polytrip
#7 Posted : 10/10/2008 4:38:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

apparently i never took a big enough dose to get the full results. Always felt a bit euphoric, things looking a bit more colourfull, but never even coming close to LSD.

acolon_5
#8 Posted : 10/10/2008 6:35:59 PM

The Great Namah

burnt wrote:
a dream i had:

mescaline is more smooth then LSD. it comes on slower and lasts longer. its less intense visually and less pushy. but its overall a very euphoric and beautiful positive experience. it also makes you a bit sick feeling in the beginning. thats only way SWIM can compare the two.

I dunno...Mescaline can bring full blow visions if the doseage is right. I prefer mecaline to LSD. For me, LSD has a metallic edge that I don't much care for, whereas Mescaline is soft and glowing.

I prepare my cactus by drying it (I always get it fresh) and doing 3-5 alcohol extractions on it (2 denatured or ethanol and 1-3 IPA extractions) until the alcohol comes out clear. This is dried and forms a tar like substance. That can go in gel caps, be dissolved in a shot of vodka, rum, or other liquor and goes down the hatch! There is some nausea and/or intestinal distress Shocked during the first 2-3 hours, but it goes away and the rest of the voyage is beautiful. I find that it peaks once at about 2 hours and then there is another climb to the real peak at 4 hours. Very interesting substance. Not good for intimate moments with anther person, but very good for introspection, spiritual development, or just a nice night of fun and relaxation (depending on dosage).

I find that 60-80grams of dried cactus is sufficient. Bridgesii is much more euphoric and visual than San Pedro or Peruvian Torch cactus IMHO.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 10/10/2008 6:45:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM finds lsd very metallic as well..acolon is the first person i have...been in contact with that has felt this as well...my friend doesnt feel as crazy anymore..thanks acolon
it's a sound

polytrip
#10 Posted : 10/10/2008 7:07:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

LSD sometimes feels metalic to me two. But in another thread here, it was mentioned by some that LSD of consistant quality is rare. I've had LSD trips where i didn't have this metalic feeling at all.
There is an incredible amount of LSD-analogue's on the market. I don't know how many psychedelic lysergics there are, but this probably explains part of how quality varies.

benzyme
#11 Posted : 10/10/2008 7:34:20 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

there are not many psychedelic ergolines, most are centrally inactive. the "metallic" quality and other somatic effects can be attributed to a number of things...impure/improperly filtered final products, degradation of final products, or the somatic effects of LSD itself.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

ohayoco
#12 Posted : 10/10/2008 9:02:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My friend's never tried pure mescaline but he loves cactus, it wins hands down! He also takes a little when he goes out, once he has already had a couple of drinks, to stop him drinking too much. It's very effective, so he doesn't get nasty hangovers anymore.

He only took LSD once 10 years ago and while the visuals were the most graphically real and bright he's ever seen, he didn't like the mental confusion at all. He also found it metallic, his mouth tasted of silver. It felt like a hollow experience. He preferred shrooms, even Salvia because at least that doesn't last a whole day.

He just grinds the Peruvian torch and dumps the powder in his mouth bit by bit, swigging water in between. Tastes fine that way, but he can't abide it as tea.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

'Coatl
#13 Posted : 10/10/2008 10:10:32 PM

Teotzlcoatl

"perhaps you could look at this thread and it might help explain why eating cacti might not work so well"

Are you kidding?

This is what I'm talking about... I have cactus that will blow your socks off with just a couple tablespoons! It's all about getting good plants and knowing how to work with them!!!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

69ron
#14 Posted : 10/10/2008 10:32:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
LSD sometimes feels metalic to me two. But in another thread here, it was mentioned by some that LSD of consistant quality is rare. I've had LSD trips where i didn't have this metalic feeling at all.
There is an incredible amount of LSD-analogue's on the market. I don't know how many psychedelic lysergics there are, but this probably explains part of how quality varies.

Even things as subtle as the ink printed on the blotter paper can alter the way LSD degrades! The degradation products alone have a big impact on its effects. This is why two different blotters printed with different kinds of ink but made with the same batch of LSD can have very distinctly different effects. Basically, LSD starts degrading as soon as it leaves the lab and is exposed to light, oxygen, and the many chemicals toxins found in the ink on the blotter paper. Usually gel tabs are more consistent because they are better protected from the environment, and aren’t usually contaminated with toxic inks.

The good producers use all natural cotton blotter paper, and all natural edible non-toxic inks that don’t react with the LSD. But I’d say that’s not the norm. Most use any blotter paper they can get, even those with small amounts of bleach in them, and any ink they can put in their printer, and don’t realize that the chemicals in the paper and ink are factors that are degrading their LSD.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Reborn
#15 Posted : 10/11/2008 7:54:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Mescaline is so much better than LSD hands down imo.
Recently there has been a lot of 2c-i floating around Mr. Rogers neighborhood, which is very nice as well, no where near as intense as mesc but great for a Sunday afternoon in the park or woods.
Memory, prophecy and fantasy
-the past, the future and the dreaming moment between -
are all in one country, living one immortal day.
To know that is Wisdom. To use it is the Art.

Jorkest
#16 Posted : 10/11/2008 8:19:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

2ci seems rather empty to SWIM...tried it a few times..but just kinda mehh
it's a sound

Reborn
#17 Posted : 10/11/2008 9:00:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea its not very intense at all, thats why I said nice for a sunday afternoon in the park.

69ron
#18 Posted : 10/12/2008 9:11:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

God made mescaline a good as it can get. None of the artificial mescaline analogs are as good as mescaline. They are either too long lasting, empty, too speedy, or lack the visionary potential of mescaline.

LSD and mescaline are very different beasts. Mescaline is a whole thing onto itself. Nothing else is really quite like it. It’s truly visionary, while LSD is more psychologically psychedelic. LSD is a great psychoanalytical substance which can be very useful in curing people of mental afflictions. Mescaline is a complete spiritual journey which is far more likely to give the user a religious experience. LSD feels more like a modern tool for the brain, while mescaline feels more like an ancient wise God entering your being. It’s comparable to ayahuasca in that way. I’m not just saying that because of its known usage. Yopo is also used as peyote is, and SWIM wouldn’t say it feels like an ancient wise God entering your being. Mescaline has got an ancient spiritual vibe to it which is pretty much universal whether you’ve taken it at a research facility created in a lab, or at the desert by eating peyote. LSD just doesn’t have that feel to it at all.

LSD feels so MAN MADE. It doesn’t matter what you’re preconceived ideas are of LSD. It feels electric. It feels metallic. The LSD experience is primarily one of human personality and humanity, of human mental processes, human emotion, human creativity, and other human things. With LSD you’re drawn into the human experience times a thousand. It’s like a microscope allowing you to see all the details of being human. It feels perfectly man made. While the mescaline experience is one that goes beyond human experience. You’re not drawn into your humanness, you’re drawn into the spiritual realm where being human means very little. With LSD, being human is at the center of the experience.

Does any of this make sense, or is SWIM seeing things from a very unique point of view here?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Reborn
#19 Posted : 10/12/2008 6:41:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you hit it pretty much on the head.