CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
Minnesota DMT Bust - Officials Claim to Have Confiscated One Pound of DMT Options

#61 Posted : 11/22/2010 11:32:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Fiashly, just to say if you read this, there is no need to not post at the nexus because of Art. He can be pretty aggressive, it just appears to be his way. I have never seen him back down on anything. I would take the point, and just ignore the delivery, because you won't win any argument with him. His attitude is pretty unusual for the Nexus, and especially of the moderators. Art - this is not meant to reflect badly on you, or be insulting (as if you'd care anywayLaughing ) I generally find your posts well informed and funny.

For what its worth, I think your analogy was a foolish one. I agree that how the modern general public can view drug addicts as sub human, is comparible in a way to how the nazi public viewed jews as sub human before the war. Comparible, but in no way equivalent.

I think to draw comparison on how they were treated (which I dont think you did) is not justified, but there you go. Forget about it, move on, and if you decide to still post at the nexus, that would be a good thing in my opinion.
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

StrangeLoop
#62 Posted : 11/23/2010 1:18:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow this topic was heavily derailed.

ON TOPIC I rescind my previous statements about it being impossible for them to have a pound of DMT. I've recently met a dealer of weed and assorted psychedelics, including DMT, which he is able to procure by the ounce. So if it's possible to obtain several ounces of DMT on the market here, it's not surprising that some people out there really do have pounds of DMT laying around. Odd that it's in Minnesota though, my area is one of the psychedelic/hippie capitals of North America. Doesn't help that tons of people from CA are flocking here because of the lower cost of living.

proto-pax
#63 Posted : 11/23/2010 5:10:05 AM

bird-brain

I've heard of people being able to get it by the ounce, but this guy didn't have a pound.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Bill Cipher
#64 Posted : 11/23/2010 5:31:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree. If they found lye in the house, he would almost certainly have been extracting (or preparing to). It's terrifying to think that one could be railroaded for possession of a pound of DMT (which would guarantee charges for distribution), if what they were actually in possession of was in fact a pound of mimosa, but I'm sure that it can and does happen.

Apologies to everyone (the OP especially) for my part in derailing the thread.

Apoc
#65 Posted : 11/23/2010 6:05:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree that dmt sellers do not deserve any accolades, certainly not from this community. What I find particularly disturbing about this case is that it seems to suggest that if one is found with mimosa, one could be charged with posession of dmt. If one is found with dmt, one is charged with production of dmt..... with intent to sell. If one is found with common household cleaning products (lye), one can be charged with production of dmt.

Someone in this thread was saying how law enforcement does not go after users. Well, we know that not to be true. We know they've gone after Santo Daime members before, even though Santi Daime members officially have the legal right to ingest their sacred plants. Apparently not even the guys with permits aren't completely safe. I don't know what to say about these busts anymore. The state of psychedelics and those who use them ceremonially is a sad state. I kinda wish dmt was discovered around the same time salvia was discovered so that the same things that keep the benign salvia legal would have keep dmt legal, and sincere people like those at the nexus could put all this horrible talk of criminality behind us.

Mercury_Hg
#66 Posted : 11/23/2010 6:46:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Here's the article. It's fairly ambiguous as to whether they got poorly extracted dmt or plant material containing dmt. The end of the article seems to indicate there were extraction materials and suggests they may have been used (based on their cleanliness) but it is not clear as to whether the cops actually have an extract or plant material in their possession.

It's probably MHRB, and they're going to charge him as if it was pure DMT.

Dan Nienaber @ The Free Press wrote:
Spring pot bust yields pound of ‘businessman’s LSD’
The drug is commonly found in plants, but is difficult to extract. It is usually smoked or ingested to create an hour-long high that includes intense hallucinations, according to information provided by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

lololololol. lololoololololololol. I'd expect nothing less than misinformation from the DEA. lolololol.

Quote:
“Some street names include ‘45-minute psychosis,’ ‘businessman’s LSD,’ [/b]‘businessman’s special’ and ‘fantasia.[/b]’”

. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. They made those up on the spot. Holy gaggle of asses, '45-minute psychosis'. "Hey man, lemme get a gram a dat fourty-five-minute-psychosis."

Biggest load of garbage I've ever heard. There isn't even mention of him selling DMT, just pot. He probably extracted it for himself and got fuxed.
Disclaimer: Everything I say is the truth.

polytrip
#67 Posted : 11/24/2010 10:31:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Uncle Knucles wrote:
I agree. If they found lye in the house, he would almost certainly have been extracting (or preparing to).

No, people use both lye and naphta for all kinds of stuff. Where i live, you will find both in almost every house. I know lye is more controlled in the USA, but in most parts of the world, lye is a very commonly used substance to clean drainpipes. And you will find all kinds of solvents in almost every household as well.

Having lye and some solvents in your house doesn't proof anything.

Phantastica
#68 Posted : 11/24/2010 10:49:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mercury_Hg wrote:
Quote:
“Some street names include ‘45-minute psychosis,’ ‘businessman’s LSD,’ [/b]‘businessman’s special’ and ‘fantasia.[/b]’”

. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. They made those up on the spot. Holy gaggle of asses, '45-minute psychosis'. "Hey man, lemme get a gram a dat fourty-five-minute-psychosis."

hahahahaha LMFAO!!!
<3

Bill Cipher
#69 Posted : 11/25/2010 12:00:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
People use both lye and naphta for all kinds of stuff. Where i live, you will find both in almost every house. I know lye is more controlled in the USA, but in most parts of the world, lye is a very commonly used substance to clean drainpipes. And you will find all kinds of solvents in almost every household as well.

Having lye and some solvents in your house doesn't proof anything.

No, it doesn't prove anything. But what sounds more likely to you - that they would have a pound of mimosa and lye in the house for purposes or extracting, or that they would have a pound of DMT laying around and lye for cleaning drains?

Entheojen
#70 Posted : 11/28/2010 12:57:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah but imagine if the police found you with 100 grams compared to 1 gram of DMT. It'd give them a lot more ammunition to suggest it was for supply.
The trees spoke to me through the wind. The more I listened, the more they spoke.

bransondude
#71 Posted : 12/26/2010 5:06:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The weight thing still doesn't make sense to me. Are they really going to charge them with possession of a POUND of DMT if it's actually mimosa?

By their arguement I"m currently in possession of 175 pounds right now as my flesh contains a measurable portion of DMT. They might even find some other stuff in there, who knows? Maybe I'm a walking talking pile of drugs and don't really know it?! Oh wait, to medical science it's literally true of all of us....At every moment our cells are awash with endogenous drugs.

It's amazing, the drug laws are so full of ignorance. From conception to application, the drug laws are FAIL and yet our societies still seem to ADORE the war on drugs. At least, the ones writing and enforcing the laws seem to.

«PREV234