CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
the sacrafice of teaching others. Options

olympus mon
#1 Posted : 12/1/2010 8:01:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

watching some old Mckenna talks the other night i was pondering the late nineteen eighty's. back then Terrence and a few others, mostly his friends and family, were the authority on plants and substances like salvia d., nn-dmt, 5Meo-dmt, and ayahuasca. most of us never even heard of these substances regardless of our tripping backgrounds.

as i layed there i was questioning if these brave adventurers could have ever guessed just 15-20 years later that we would be here in regards to the popularity, media/press interests, and accessibility. the rise in recent dmt busts and the not so occasional green member asking how to extract 5 kilo's of mhrb are a sure sign of the times.

everything has its equal but opposite. there is no way to make this information available to just the "right" people. im not only speaking of the nexus but of everything, youtube, other websites and forums, books and video's, ext... we want to share this gift we have been introduced to with others from loving and noble intentions but as a society many will try to use it for greed and power.

the bi product of helping people grow and evolve using plants and extracts is that the momentum speeds the inevitable restrictions of the plants and supplies to the people. unless a MAJOR shift in the thinking and morality of our populace and leaders occurs one thing is for sure. as the popularity and coverage of these plants grow, so will the cry for war on them by the forces that be. the two are in direct proportion to one another.

i dont think its a good idea to keep everything a secret. although this would cut down on dmt busts and negative attention it will also rob others of their right to explore their minds and spirit. i just need to go into this knowing that by helping others i am most likely sealing the fate of my personal access to the tools i use to assist my higher learning. keeping this on the forefront of my mind helps me to be ever aware to do my part in minimizing the damage whenever possible.

i look at each person i share this gift with very carefully. i acknowledge the fact that each person i pass this knowledge on to takes us all one step closer to restricted access. this is a big responsibility that lays on all of our shoulders. sometimes i need to remember that when answering certain questions of the boards.

I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Electric.Sight
#2 Posted : 12/1/2010 8:30:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Both can be true imo. Something like DMT is bound to make it to the masses eventually anyway, it's better to correctly educate as many people that are willing to learn.
The problem is that once something like DMT makes it to the masses, there are now all types of people experiencing it opposed to a small tight community who share similar beliefs.
Many if not ALL of us (including myself), believe marketing DMT is a horrible idea and never in a million years would consider it. But the random bad-intent googler may find out about this site and think "$$$". Even though they would likely (hopefully) fail to turn a profit, some would still consider it.

This site is effectively broadcasting the message to many people online who in turn may broadcast offline. I think the message it sends is completely positive and helps get a good truthful word out about DMT. However what scares me is that people making laws don't necessarily consider the facts over the fear induced in society by a "new drug"

Truth will prevail eventually, but there may be some dark times before we reach that truth. If we keep broadcasting the message, we'll speed up the introduction of DMT into society. The tricky part is timing it right so when this all blows up society is more inline with truth and curiosity, opposed to ignorance and fear.
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

blue_velvet
#3 Posted : 12/2/2010 5:14:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Electric.Sight wrote:
The tricky part is timing it right so when this all blows up society is more inline with truth and curiosity, opposed to ignorance and fear.
That's the ticket, right there.

"...a doctor who has a patient buried before he is dead, a mother who bears a child before it can live - these are ahead of their time, but not in a very exemplary fashion."

-Arnold Schoenberg

Dark Matter
#4 Posted : 12/2/2010 10:32:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
i dont think its a good idea to keep everything a secret. although this would cut down on dmt busts and negative attention it will also rob others of their right to explore their minds and spirit. i just need to go into this knowing that by helping others i am most likely sealing the fate of my personal access to the tools i use to assist my higher learning. keeping this on the forefront of my mind helps me to be ever aware to do my part in minimizing the damage whenever possible.

i look at each person i share this gift with very carefully. i acknowledge the fact that each person i pass this knowledge on to takes us all one step closer to restricted access. this is a big responsibility that lays on all of our shoulders. sometimes i need to remember that when answering certain questions of the boards.

Word.

We have the knowledge of this fabulous substance that has the power to open the mind to it's full potential (Full? is there something greater than this? I don't know.) That some people want to keep it a secret seems like a lack of respect for the teachings of the molecule. At the same time, I agree that not everyone is ready for it. Most people shouldn't be allowed to access Hyperspace for their own security. A lot of them are ready though, and it is not too hard usually to know who is, and who isn't ready for Hyperspace.

Ever seen those entities constructing magical objects out of emptyness and giving them as presents? I have, and it seems obvious to me that they/it/we want ourselves to do the same. For the world to bloom to it's full potential, seeds have to be planted.

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." - Aleister Crowley

Dark Matter is merely a byproduct of the Mind's imagination. Everything written on this board in his name is pure fiction. He is nothing more than an Illusion. Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Shaolin
#5 Posted : 12/2/2010 11:30:41 AM

Stiletto Stoner

Dark Matter wrote:
A lot of them are ready though, and it is not too hard usually to know who is, and who isn't ready for Hyperspace.

How ? With a stranger how do you know ? Is it the vibe ? The clothes ? His chemical knowledge about the substnce ? Her boobs ?

This would be the key. How to determine who is "worthy" of DMT.

Question for all. How big of a difference is helping a stranger over the internet with his extraction or giving a stranger DMT. How do you know ? Is it his witt ? His spelling ? His abbrevations ? His nickname ?

Timing on this is hm, well, very on point since is/has been discussed in some fashion in the chat in the last few days.

1. If certain people kept their knowledge secret, the would be no DMT Nexus (or any other substance related forums or even substances itself), at least not in such volume as it does today

2. Increasing popularity will bring (extra) attention from the law enforcement agencies

A friend pointed out a quote from security engineering field "Security through obscurity is no real security at all and added that "obscurity doesn not solve problems".

We need to ask ourselves what is our problem ? If you want to prevent dealing, overdosing, abusing the substance than secrecy is no answer. You probably will reduce the amount of this actions but you won't change the attitude towards it. Here comes the other path. The path of knowledge and learning with which you provide the person with quality information about it. Will there still be dealings ? Sure but for every dealer you get n of those who have respect for the substance (no source yet Pleased)

With that being said, I'm pretty sure that somewhere in future, MHRB buys over the internet (wih such ease and in such volumes) won't be possible anymore but I can't let my personal selfishness be the reason to deny DMT to others.

I offer this quote as some food for though

"'m short on money right now, but when I had some, I was really trying to score a sheet or two(I know, small time) - to simply drive around and plant doses all over the place. To give them away for free and have a bunch of people, in a bunch of cities, tripping together".
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

olympus mon
#6 Posted : 12/4/2010 2:44:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

you guys have made some excellent points. we're so quick to lend a hand to someone on line but make them run through the crucible in person prooving their ready for such an event. hmmmmm....

i feel that psychedelics are a gift to ALL PEOPLE not just the right people. however we must be responsible about things and try to minimize damage. i feel like i am a big hypocrites in a way.

for some reason because theres a computer between us we feel no moral issues with helping and actually teaching someone where to get materials, how to do the extraction, and how to vaporize the product to a complete stranger.

legality issues aside. answer this question.
would you teach a stranger you just met how to do all these things if it was in person?

Heretic
#7 Posted : 12/4/2010 2:45:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I personally think the best way to pass on the wisdom is by slowly bringing someone in, using the molecule as a catalyst, the real work comes from your interactions with the individual partaking of the sacrament, before and after, especially during. You can tell if a person is ready or not if your judgement is not tainted by things like monetary gain, simply by following your inner guidance about the individual.
When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

olympus mon
#8 Posted : 12/4/2010 2:53:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Heretic wrote:
I personally think the best way to pass on the wisdom is by slowly bringing someone in, using the molecule as a catalyst, the real work comes from your interactions with the individual partaking of the sacrament, before and after, especially during. You can tell if a person is ready or not if your judgement is not tainted by things like monetary gain, simply by following your inner guidance about the individual.

thats beautiful heretic, i fully agree. im in the midst of helping a good friend through the learning process and there must be a loving connection for sure to do this. it started with just weeks of talking sitting on the floor each friday night and eventually i could see in her that she was ready.

blue_velvet
#9 Posted : 12/4/2010 5:18:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like how the Nexus has much more on it than just extractions and preparations. There is a lot of other information regarding the psychological and/or spiritual aspects to psychedelics, discussions of music, art, and philosophy. I wonder how many people have come through wondering how to get a psychoactive from a plant and left with something more. Just seeing something like olympus mon's sig might give them pause. They've now made a connection between politics/philosophy and psychedelics. Then, when it comes time to try the product...revelation. It's a bit idealistic, but whatever. Something has to rub off on someone wading through all those posts.