CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is it possible to "breakthrough" on pharma? Options

tadgh78
#1 Posted : 7/16/2010 3:11:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The question is in the title. Is it possible to have a breakthrough or the kind that people usually have by smoking 50mg of spice, by instead taking a large dose of pharma?

And would it be advisable to try it?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gammagore
#2 Posted : 7/16/2010 3:17:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sure its possible, read this latest report from Joebono

Is it advisable? hmm, if you could handle that kind of breakthrough for a very extended period, then sure. For me, I prefer to have a gentle pharma journey, where I can navigate and enjoy my ride, instead of a few hours worth of death and destruction.

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 7/16/2010 3:19:11 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Yes it's possible, but as to whether or not it's advisable, you're gonna have to be the judge on that one. Personally, I wouldn't advocate it to anyone (there are people I believe can handle, but they need to determine that for themselves), as I only know myself and that dose was both unexpected and a lot to handle. A breakthrough on pharma is not like smoked because of the harmalas and also because of the sheer duration you are there. When I broke through on my massive pharma experience, I was on the other side for ~30 minutes of eternity. Then I was "back" for another 6 hours or so. When I say back I mean that I was having full on entity contact and thinking myself into existence, but was aware that I was in my own house (kind of). I knew I was at least on Earth, compared to where I had just been. If you have any interest, you can read the report I posted here. It honestly covers but a sliver of all the things that happened, as the vast majority of stuff was so far beyond words I couldn't even attempt to do it justice.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

q21q21
#4 Posted : 7/16/2010 3:39:13 PM

SWIM

YES YES YES,

During SWIM's comeup on 150mg of full-alkaloid (which he though was 75mg) he was sitting on a swing in a park near his house and all of a sudden he had a full breakthrough akin to 40mg smoked. He staggered back to his house with intense warping of the scenery and OEVs EVERYWHERE.

In his house the breakthrough continued for another 2 hours or so.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

hyperspacing
#5 Posted : 7/16/2010 3:39:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Imagine a terror filled breakthrough from straight spice. Those few minutes feal like forever. What if those few minutes were hours, Would your sanity survive? Roll the dice cause there's only one way to find out.
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

joebono
#6 Posted : 7/16/2010 5:10:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Recently during pharma I have been using Maya Ethnobotanicals 50:1 caapi extract and harmalashop's syrian rue extract. I take about 750mg of the caapi extract and 100mg of the harmala extract, wait a half hour and then take the DMT freebase in a capsule. This always leads to a breakthrough of varying lengths, from a few minutes to hours. I usually do it on an empty stomach, but the other day I had a bagel with butter about two hours before taking the harmalas. This breakthrough lasted for hours and unfortunately it was pure hell. It just would not stop, and it was brutal and cruel and infinite. If my trip would not have headed south, I am sure it would have been the most profound and awe-inspiring experience of my life because I was the midst of a particularly interesting spot of hyperspace that had so much potential for interaction.

I've tripped on pharma many times on all the harmalas and many different combinations of them, but the mixture in the first paragraph seems a consistent way of breaking through on oral. Make sure you have your head together and a back up plan before embarking on such a journey. It's so easy to lose control at these doses, especially if you are stuck there for hours.

soulfood
#7 Posted : 7/16/2010 6:38:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I'd say it more possible to breakthrough with oral DMT than with vaped. Once you're there, you're there. So rather than just repeat the words "I'm in my happy place" for 5 minutes, you have no choice but to try and get on with the locals. Some take a while to get used to you, but if you show them understanding no matter how fierce they appear, you're in for life Pleased

Bancopuma
#8 Posted : 7/16/2010 7:08:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yo joe, interestring to hear about your experiences. I had one extremely harrowing pharma experience mixing a large dose of DMT freeebase (250mg), 30g caapi vine tea and some 10x Syrian Rue extract. It was pure hell. The terror came on very suddenly, like a switch, it felt like my nervous system had been jacked into a voltage far higher than it was evolved to handle. Ferocious, unrelenting terror and agony, for many hours. The Rue stopped me from purging, so it stayed in my system. Swore of ever thinking of combining caapi and rue again...that experience vivdly demonstrated to me that these 2 plants don't get on!

Nature Boy
#9 Posted : 7/17/2010 1:23:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm...maybe that's why SWIM had such a difficult time combining harmaline and CaapiCopy as an MAOI with his DMT fumarate. Purged up and down, and had "conflicted" type of experience. Wrote about it in the "Hit or miss experiences, Vol. II" thread. That one was a "hit" - right in the kisser!

N.B.

tadgh78
#10 Posted : 7/17/2010 11:35:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys. It sounds like this is not one of those "no brainer" decisions. Smile

I think what Swim'll do is break-through once and for all on vaped and then repeat that experience a few times and only then decide if he can handle a Pharma breakthrough.

To that end Swim's ordered a two bowl water bong. Up to now the problem with vaped was running out of spice before enough had been inhaled to cause a breakthrough. Swim tells me he's hoping having a second bowl full of spice in the bong should solve that.

Nature Boy
#11 Posted : 7/17/2010 11:57:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If what you are looking for is a prolonged breakthrough, why not pre-treat with an MAOI like sublingual THH or CaapiCopy and then vaporize the requisite amount of spice. That may assist you in deciding how long an experience you would find desirable.

N.B.

corpus callosum
#12 Posted : 7/17/2010 1:18:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Q21Q21 is right-YES YES YES!

If youve never broken through your best bet is to get there by vaping freebase and seeing what you think.For all but the most hardy of explorers being in the zone for 5-15 minutes is plenty.

Its all to easy to really go for it and then spend your time there being full of regrets.

Happy and safe travelsWink
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

kyrolima
#13 Posted : 7/17/2010 2:37:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:
Sure its possible, read this latest report from Joebono

Is it advisable? hmm, if you could handle that kind of breakthrough for a very extended period, then sure. For me, I prefer to have a gentle pharma journey, where I can navigate and enjoy my ride, instead of a few hours worth of death and destruction.

LOL Twisted Evil
elusive illusion

lyserge
#14 Posted : 7/17/2010 3:40:54 PM

polyfather anomalous

Can't say from experience as my only pharma experience was beautiful but cut short by taking an insufficient amount of harmalas. However, I do recall reading in Beyer's "Singing to the Plants" that, when a large number of South American ayahuasca/admixture preparations were analyzed in the lab, they were found to have a very wide range of harmala contents and percentages, but the DMT contents per dose were remarkably accurate: 26-30 mg in almost all cases. Taking 250 mg or a large dose like that seems very unnecessary. From what I understand, at doses like 26-30 mg, with sufficient caapi, it is possible to be entirely aware of your surroundings, but at the same time to go into a trance state with beings and all, at choice. That sounds much more useful and less frightening than what some of these reports describe.

EDIT: Beyer's book is "Singing to the Plants: A Guide to Mestizo Shamanism in the Upper Amazon", not "Plants of the Gods". The latter is Hofmann and Schultes' magnificent tome. Both are very much worthwhile.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

endlessness
#15 Posted : 7/17/2010 3:49:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah lysergify, its true that in most ayahuasca brews analysed, there is around 30mg of dmt... But there is still a mystery regarding pharma dosaging, because some people do need a lot more DMT (me included) when taking pharma, but not necessarily need more when taking aya. There are a few possibilities I can think of, but probably others I cant think of right now:

1- Maybe in ayahuasca the other small amount of beta-carbolines appart from harmine and thh make a synergistic difference.
2- Maybe the plant oils and other brew components serve to protect the dmt better from metabolism, rather then simple juice dissolution or putting dmt in capsules as is done in pharma
3- Maybe certain components of the brew enhance the absorption and bioavailability of dmt
3- The large amount of beta-carbolines present in ayahuasca are often in higher dosages than the simple full MAO inhibition dosages that people take in pharma, so part of the experience may be b-carbolines related and not as much DMT related

also another thing to consider is that most times in traditional rituals, ayahuasca brews are ingested more than once in the same occasion, often 3 times, so it would be 3x30mg in a session, not just one dosage of 30mg.