CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can a basified MHRB solution be stored without jungle decomposition? Options

iyiyandiyiy
#1 Posted : 1/18/2024 3:04:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Can a basified MHRB solution be stored without jungle spice decomposition?

Basically that... I'm performing a naphtha extraction and want to process the remaining solution later with xylene or toluene, but I've heard (some) alkaloids can be degraded/oxidised when kept in a basic solution.

I thought of neutralising the solution with acetic acid, but I'm having a hard time finding the solubility of the sodium acetate formed as by-product of such neutralization in either xylene or toluene.

Any help on this is appreciated?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

brokedownpalace10
#2 Posted : 1/18/2024 4:43:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Interested to know this myself. I like to do one Naptha pull and then do another pull every day (or three) thereafter. Then do a Xylene pull.
Anyway, it's sitting around heavily based for a while.

fractals4life
#3 Posted : 1/19/2024 3:07:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't answer about possible alkaloid changes, but I believe that neutralising the base will leave the soup open to mould attack if it's not stored sealed up well.

(:Hulius:)
#4 Posted : 1/19/2024 3:27:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've stored an MHRB solution, and another of A. Confusa for +- six months. I haven't done any chemical analysis on it but the Spice I've extracted after that period of time is still strong and viable, maybe a little less crystalline and more oily.
I din't neutralise them, and I think after that time more alkaoids were extracted, cause I was already at a 2% of yield before leaving it in my drawer for that long.Thumbs up