CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cannabis Filtering and DMT Options

Blind_Goat
#1 Posted : 1/2/2024 3:04:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi!
I haven't posted here for a while, due to the tribulations of everyday life (the pragmatism that keeps us alive is also what buries us in daily mediocrity). In any case, I was thinking about an interesting project. I don't know if the forum comrades are following an interesting channel in youtube in which the guy was cultivating psiloscybin-producing mushrooms in a Mimosa Hostilis substrate. Very interesting project that can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaJf5fCh7oc

This project reminded me that cannabis is a filtering plant, which can retain, among other things, impurities and contaminants (hence the importance of using clean water with a low chlorine content and in your hydroponics, establishing a feeding period of only water to clean the salts from the plant)

Would it be possible to grow cannabis and at the end of flowering add DMT to the hydroponics (probably during the salt cleaning period, that is: water with controlled PH + DMT to flood it with DMT) in the hope that it accumulates in the plant or it is just crazy? Anyone has ever done that?

I cultivated cannabis in the past and I could potencially do it... So it is a possible project to me.
Any usefull information/thoughts/impressions?

Thanks
"Whenever we pronounce something, we singularly devalue it. We believe we have plunged deep into abysses, but when we resurface, the drop of water on the pale tips of our fingers no longer resembles the sea from which it comes. We dream of having discovered marvelous treasures in a mine, but when we return to the light of day, we bring back only fake stones and shards of glass; nevertheless, the treasure gleams, unchanged, in the darkness." (Maeterlinck)

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 1/2/2024 9:22:52 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hi and welcome back. Totally with you on the tribulations of everyday life thing Rolling eyes

I have no real clue about your question but what springs to mind is the hypothesis that plants can use DMT as an easy precursor or the auxin IAA. To that end, I'd suggest you contemplate how this may affect root growth and what impact that might have on the rest of the plant at any given phase of the growth cycle.

Could DMT be used as a rooting hormone for cuttings or air layering? Horticultural use of DMT would appear to be a whole topic in itself.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Blind_Goat
#3 Posted : 1/9/2024 11:30:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So do you think they can't acumulate DMT because they would potentially use it for other objectives rather than acumulation?
"Whenever we pronounce something, we singularly devalue it. We believe we have plunged deep into abysses, but when we resurface, the drop of water on the pale tips of our fingers no longer resembles the sea from which it comes. We dream of having discovered marvelous treasures in a mine, but when we return to the light of day, we bring back only fake stones and shards of glass; nevertheless, the treasure gleams, unchanged, in the darkness." (Maeterlinck)

the red squirrel
#4 Posted : 1/11/2024 3:01:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

I have no real clue about your question but what springs to mind is the hypothesis that plants can use DMT as an easy precursor or the auxin IAA.

I think it's very plausible that plants could use DMT as an auxin precursor as both are biosynthesized from tryptophan (or as a precursor to any other tryptophan-derived plant compound). I have some suggestions: If the roots absorb DMT the effect would depend on the concentration of DMT in the irrigation water. A low concentration would either have no to minimal accumulation (& no noticeable effect maybe?) or plants would use it as an auxin precursor and you would have some increased root growth (which isn't necessarily a good thing for production yield). If the concentration of DMT is too high this would be toxic to the plant or lead to strange growth patterns. You obviously also have the question of whether DMT is absorbed at all by the roots, does it pass the endodermis/Casparian strip? Maybe there is a difference in which different DMT salts could pass through it? Altogether, these are very interesting questions and I would love to see some growth results on this Big grin !

Maybe you could do a little experiment with plants with DMT in their irrigation water and then a control group without it. Afterwards, you could test the buds for increased tryptophan levels and or DMT? However, you need some advanced test equipment as I think that common reagents do not show a difference between tryptophan and DMT?
May there be peace and love and perfection throughout all creation
~ John Coltrane

Exitwound
#5 Posted : 1/11/2024 4:00:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Try it with a clone of an auto plant, it won't grow and will only flower and will be small enough so you won't need lots of DMT to test it.

Blind_Goat
#6 Posted : 1/12/2024 1:56:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound idea was perfect.
Thank you all.
I will sure test it and post results.