CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
(Please move if wrong subforum) Ultrasonic homogenizers for extractions Options

Th3k1d93
#1 Posted : 6/11/2023 11:48:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm looking into getting an ultrasonic homogenizer to assist with various extractions at home, primarily medicinal mushrooms like Lions Mane, Reishi, Turkey Tail; but also for any other plant/medium I'm extracting. For those that don't know, they emit a 20-30Khz ultrasonic frequencies to emulsify substances and rupture cell walls for tough things like mushrooms. You can also use them to do things like emulsify cannabis oil into a water base.

However, they're VERY expensive. I'm hoping someone here who uses them to extract medicinal mushrooms can point me towards a unit that will get the job done, but is relatively affordable. I really don't want to spend more than one thousand USD, but i know that's really pushing it.

Thanks for any help y'all, much love Love
Without growth, what's the point?

Avid gardener and Ethnobotany enthusiast

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DancinDog
#2 Posted : 1/9/2024 3:05:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I realize this was asked quite awhile ago. Did you ever find a ultrasonic homogenizer?

If not, perhaps an ultrasonic cleaner would suffice. Vevor.com has many models of them listed, in a wide variety of sizes and frequency ranges. I found one that has a 28khz and 40khz setting. Maybe the 28khz setting would work for you. The unit hold 22 liters and only cost $290.

https://www.vevor.com/ul...-heating-p_010618177035

Let me know if this would work. I'm curious about the process.