CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psilocin Vape Options

Ol'Dan1937
#1 Posted : 10/29/2023 4:35:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone tried preparing a vape cart with psilocin instead of N,N-DMT? It seems like it should work pretty well considering psilocin is just 4-OH-DMT, but the only post (reddit) I was able to find on the subject claims that the heat would destroy it. I mean... heat destroys everything in sufficient quantities, N,N-DMT included. I could see how having an sp3 oxygen on the indole might make it more susceptible to heat damage, but wouldn't the same thing then apply to 5-MeO-DMT? If it can be made to work, I'm sure it would be a big hit, pun totally intended Laughing

I don't have the materials at the moment, but I would be curious to see how it compares to smoked DMT in terms of visuals, substance efficiency, breakthrough potential, and duration. I also suspect less nausea & abdominal goofiness.

P.S. I see lots of posts about smoking whole shrooms. I can see how that wouldn't work so well; maybe that's why people say it can't be done? I'm envisioning neutral salt crystals as the starting point, benzoate gives me the heebie-jeebies, maybe sorbate?

Cheers Very happy

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Twilight Person
#2 Posted : 10/29/2023 8:48:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would more compare it to bufotenine and it seems bufotenine is indeed smokable as people reported. Still it also seems to be damaged at high temp but as long as you dont do changa or other non heat selective methods it seems to vaporize some how. But if you speak of vape then you mean the PG thing? If you dont evaporate as an oil but as an E Juice it might work even better?

But now the obvious question is how will you get pure psilocin? I think there is no tek for a pure crystalline product. And all the teks that give a goo will have lots of other stuff inside so the psilocin then will degrade fast (while when being pure probably not?)
~ O ~

ShamensStamen
#3 Posted : 10/29/2023 11:21:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Apparently you can freebase 4-ACO-DMT and vape/smoke that, which turns into Psilocin in the body.

acacian
#4 Posted : 10/30/2023 4:29:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I remember reading a post from nen888 saying he got almost identical effects to DMT from vaping psilocin/psilocybin.. I'll try and dig up the post

Twilight Person
#5 Posted : 10/30/2023 2:12:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

But how did he get pure psilocin?

The 4-aco is sold in some research chemical stores. But how to get the true psilocin pure?
~ O ~

Ol'Dan1937
#6 Posted : 10/31/2023 6:43:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

acacian wrote:
I remember reading a post from nen888

My cup runneth over! The additional search term is all I needed.

Cheers Very happy

acacian
#7 Posted : 10/31/2023 10:02:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry I had it confused.. it was not pure psilocin but a more crude extract nen said was active.. it was Jim De Korne who reported the DMT like effects from an extract obtained via the hoffman method.

a link to the discussion here

plumsmooth
#8 Posted : 12/18/2023 2:06:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What's a matter with Psilocybin re-x'd from a Simple Ethanol extract and then Basified?

nen888
#9 Posted : 12/18/2023 2:40:05 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

plumsmooth wrote:
What's a matter with Psilocybin re-x'd from a Simple Ethanol extract and then Basified?

you can't get pure psilocybin from ethanol - it will have sugars, starches, lipids etc, and will not vaporize..this has been covered in a few previous nexus threads if you search

brokedownpalace10
#10 Posted : 12/18/2023 8:33:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:
plumsmooth wrote:

you can't get pure psilocybin from ethanol - it will have sugars, starches,lipids etc, and will not vaporize..this has been covered in a few previous nexus threads of you search

What if you only washed with Acetone? Since Chloroform would be harder to obtain.

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 12/19/2023 6:16:09 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

brokedownpalace10 wrote:
nen888 wrote:
plumsmooth wrote:

you can't get pure psilocybin from ethanol - it will have sugars, starches,lipids etc, and will not vaporize..this has been covered in a few previous nexus threads of you search

What if you only washed with Acetone? Since Chloroform would be harder to obtain.

Perhaps you could substitute with the (until recently) more available DCM? Most home chemists will know how to make chloroform from acetone, ofc... [haloform reaction]

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli