CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bluelight Discord Server Options

arrall
#1 Posted : 12/7/2023 6:53:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone!
I'm one of the administrators over at Bluelight.org and I just wanted to let you guys know that we have an official Discord community (created in February 2022) with over 6900 members and counting.
The link is https://discord.gg/bluelight

For anyone who doesn't know about us, Bluelight is an international harm reduction forum/community that's been around since 1999.
Our forums have 11-12k trip reports and are a treasure trove for information surrounding harm reduction, psychedelics, mental health, recovery, pharmacology, and more.
Our Discord server takes more of a community & peer-support focus with 1-on-1 support tickets for tripsitting, mental health/drug crises, or just having someone to talk to.

Discord is pretty much IRC but with voice + video chat, a bit more accessibility and ease-of-use, and a bunch of other bells & whistles.

Feel free to check us out, we'd love to see you on there!

(I got permission from staff to post about this back around late-February/early-March but I forgot about it until now.)

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Physics131
#2 Posted : 12/7/2023 7:32:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Afaik discord does not tolerate servers about illegal topics like hacking, drugs,..
The server could be purged by discord if someone complains or notice any unwanted content.
Although i currently do not know the most recent TOS.

Pandora
#3 Posted : 12/7/2023 10:11:32 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Really? This resonates of like a skeezy dive bar trying to advertise at a fancy leaf and foam restaurant. Not the greatest match.

Bluelight is all about hardcore opiates and Discord chats are full of unsavory and poorly or non-moderated Children of Hate in my limited experience.

Nexus is authentically about harm reduction and education with a strong moderator presence and a formidable and well enforced rules list. Not interested and hopefully others here feel the same way.

But, this is just one woman's opinion. There may very well be others who feel quite differently than I do. So, let me sincerely, thank you for your post.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 12/7/2023 1:22:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bluelight is a lot looser in the moderation department than we are, but you can find usefull information on it. Their main advantage is scale: if you want to read experience reports on a relatively unknown novel psychoactive substance for instance, then there's a big chance you can find some on bluelight.

arrall
#5 Posted : 12/12/2023 12:27:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
Really? This resonates of like a skeezy dive bar trying to advertise at a fancy leaf and foam restaurant. Not the greatest match.

Bluelight is all about hardcore opiates and Discord chats are full of unsavory and poorly or non-moderated Children of Hate in my limited experience.

Nexus is authentically about harm reduction and education with a strong moderator presence and a formidable and well enforced rules list. Not interested and hopefully others here feel the same way.

But, this is just one woman's opinion. There may very well be others who feel quite differently than I do. So, let me sincerely, thank you for your post.

I'm a psychedelics & dissociatives user myself (I don't use opioids, stimulants, benzos, or similar substances recreationally) and I don't agree with your perception about Bluelight as an opioid forum - though it may have had a lot more opioid users on it before my time.

Bluelight actually started out as an MDMA community and has a pretty large psychedelic section these days.
We have about 12,000 trip reports on our forums, making us one of the largest trip report databases on the Internet behind only Erowid (who sources many of their reports from our site).
We also have the research portal, where various research teams and large organizations (e.g. Health Canada and various university teams) survey our members for research papers.

As for the Discord, it tends to lean towards people who are LGBTQ+, neurodivergent, progressive, and in their early 20s to mid 30s.
Psychedelics are one of the most popular drugs of choice alongside cannabis, though there is a big stimulant user population as well.
I will say that I run the Discord far more strictly than the forums are run; I am an administrator on both.

We run a pretty tight ship and 4chan-type behaviour, substance glorification/encouragement, trolling, and anything of that nature gets people booted off pretty quick.
The server has a stronger focus on harm reduction, mental health, and recovery than almost any other harm reduction community I've seen online that isn't psychedelics-only.
I doubt that we are as strict as the Nexus since we don't have a dedicated member screening process or anything, just a small activity requirement for joining the main voice/video chats.
I'd say that we are probably halfway in between our forums and the Nexus, but probably far closer to the Nexus than how the forums were many years ago.
The forums have also been tightening things up considerably now that we are a registered non-profit organization.

Physics131 wrote:
Afaik discord does not tolerate servers about illegal topics like hacking, drugs,..
The server could be purged by discord if someone complains or notice any unwanted content.
Although i currently do not know the most recent TOS.

The ToS specifically prohibits buying and selling illegal goods, but we are extremely strict on that and instantly ban anyone who attempts to partake in transactions.
We also prohibit photos of any illicit or legally gray substances.
As a result, our server cannot be interpreted to be promoting transactions involving illegal goods and is therefore not in violation of the ToS.
We've been approved as a Community Server, so if Discord had an issue with us then it would've come up by now.

dragonrider wrote:
Bluelight is a lot looser in the moderation department than we are, but you can find usefull information on it. Their main advantage is scale: if you want to read experience reports on a relatively unknown novel psychoactive substance for instance, then there's a big chance you can find some on bluelight.

That is a very good point about the forums, and it is what led to me making an account on there in the first place.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 12/12/2023 12:45:33 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Thanks for the calm and mature response Thumbs up

I was wondering what exactly you meant with "permission from staff" - your staff or ours? I haven't been able to locate any discussion of that nature here in the time range you mention.

I agree with dragonrider though, there's definitely useful information to be found on bluelight, especially about more obscure RCs. I had an account there once which got lost in the sands of time. (Which reminds me, there's something I've been meaning to look up for ages...)

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dreamer042
#7 Posted : 12/12/2023 1:25:55 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Bluelight is a great resource! Kudos on your non-profit status and thanks for all the great work you do with the research collaborations and community support/sponsorship.

Personally not a big fan of Discord, but it is undeniably where all the action is in the real time chat world these days. Thanks for sharing the invite and sorry the reception was a little less than enthusiastic. We definitely support Bluelight and appreciate you reaching out. Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

arrall
#8 Posted : 12/12/2023 3:42:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Thanks for the calm and mature response Thumbs up

I was wondering what exactly you meant with "permission from staff" - your staff or ours? I haven't been able to locate any discussion of that nature here in the time range you mention.

I agree with dragonrider though, there's definitely useful information to be found on bluelight, especially about more obscure RCs. I had an account there once which got lost in the sands of time. (Which reminds me, there's something I've been meaning to look up for ages...)

I got permission from staff on the IRC sometime between mid-February and late-March, though I believe in the late-February/early-March portion of that Range.

As for your account, if you are interested in recovering it then I can help you do so in PMs.

ephedra
#9 Posted : 12/13/2023 12:25:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

woah bluelight is come back! and on discord,

thanks for the info
დ there is a Spirit, there is a Soul დ

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 12/13/2023 6:22:53 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

PS I just looked again and found the reference to your query in early March - I even remember having seen it, now that I've seen it again Laughing

Indeed, no objections were raised at the time - just the observation that we have our own live chat as an in-house version (even if that seems to be out of service at the moment, hmmm.... Wut? )

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

arrall
#11 Posted : 12/18/2023 5:03:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ephedra wrote:
woah bluelight is come back! and on discord,

thanks for the info

No problem, hope to see you on there!