CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Delosperma cooperi extraction results Options

_Trip_
#1 Posted : 10/7/2023 10:51:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Delosperma cooperi was harvested and dried in Summer.
A/B extraction was performed using a 30min vinegar cook and lye for basing. Naphtha was used as the solvent of choice, end result was evaporated and collected.
I do not recall how much dried material was used but it was a lot and yeilded very little. Mostly oil was recovered which eventually hardened.

Conclusion although the sample contained trace amounts of 5meo and dmt oxide the amount of plant material required is not viable. Signals where not quantifiable only traces of 5meo and dmt oxide were confirmed via MRM. This is not a usable source for active tryptamines.

See results attached.

Special thanks to Kykeon.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Woolmer
#2 Posted : 10/7/2023 12:02:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for this work. I have also tried extractions on D. cooperi before which lead to very small yields of an oily substance. I don't think these succulents have much to offer for tryptamine activity but there certainly seems to be potential in a few regarding mesembrine-type compounds.

_Trip_
#3 Posted : 10/7/2023 12:08:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This proves substances like 5meo is there but whether there is a viable source with good yields is yet to be seen but potentially a possibility in particular succulents.

I would reccomend a good defat when working with these plants.

acacian
#4 Posted : 10/8/2023 9:10:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for posting this up _Trip_ .. been curious about this one for a long time. I wonder whether this could be seasonally variable? Have you done any other tests? Might be good to test again at some point to see if there is seasonal variation

_Trip_
#5 Posted : 10/8/2023 10:20:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

IIRC it will likely have traces of dmt in winter if trouts notes is indeed accurate. It was in terms of containing 5meo however as we have found in such small trace amounts. Selective breeding or looking at another subspecies could be a more valuable use of time in my opinion. The search continues!

I would think for any plant to be truly viable there would be a decent percentage from the start regardless of season etc. This is just my opinion of course. I just can't see a massive jump in alkaloid percentage due to season. I can understand producing more or less of a particular tryptamine but not a unviable vs viable shift in tryptamine percentage. Although I'm sure there's likely exceptions. The percentages found here weren't even close to viable.

Looking further into different acacia or phalaris would be more ideal.