DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Neurosurgeon Says 5-meo and his NDE are very similar Options

Pandora
#1 Posted : 8/20/2023 5:50:59 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Neurosurgeon Compares his NDE with Psychelic Toad Slime
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

nen888
#2 Posted : 8/21/2023 4:45:49 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

Thanks for posting Pandora

Quote:
Despite these similarities, however, the researchers also identify numerous differences between the two experiences. For instance, Alexander’s NDE included aspects such as a life review, the crossing of a threshold, and encounters with “reptilian, wormlike creatures” - none of which occurred under the effects of 5-MeO-DMT.
..sounds more like DMT..i guess 'experience' is always more than a single molecule

dithyramb
#3 Posted : 8/21/2023 12:25:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

He rates the similarity as 2 out of 10, which cannot be interpreted as "very similar."

5 MeO DMT could be involved with NDEs, but it cannot be the only hormone involved. Just as 5 MeO DMT is not the only molecule involved in toad venom. Just from this description it's not possible to derive anything. Ego dissolution and divine love are the most basic/generic part of all psychedelic experiences and endogenous trance experiences...
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Sidisheikh.mehriz
#4 Posted : 8/21/2023 2:23:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In another case a middle aged french guy with 90% of his brain missing is leading a normal life with an average IQ. Yet another exemple that consciousness and intelligence isn't all what we think it is.

https://www.google.com/a...www.cbc.ca/amp/1.3679125

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 8/21/2023 3:03:53 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Sidisheikh.mehriz wrote:
In another case a middle aged french guy with 90% of his brain missing is leading a normal life with an average IQ. Yet another exemple that consciousness and intelligence isn't all what we think it is.

https://www.google.com/a...www.cbc.ca/amp/1.3679125

In fact, he's doing pretty well - he's the president!
[Apols, just couldn't resist!]

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dithyramb
#6 Posted : 8/21/2023 3:29:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

An IQ of 84 is a bit below average (thought to be 100 as far as I know?) but enough to be a functioning citizen.

It also adds weight to the popular idea that humans only use 10 percent of their brain capacity...

Edit: apparently the average IQ of different countries vary to as low as 60s. So then 84 can be considered good..?
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 8/22/2023 9:36:56 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It could be thar 5-MeO happens to trigger pathways that lead to the same downstream effects as the NDE experiences. It does not necessarily follow at all that 5-MeO itself is responsible for the subjective effects in actual (medical emergency-related) NDEs.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

JustATourist
#8 Posted : 8/24/2023 10:32:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always thought that if psychedelics reveal something of metaphysical significance (aka they are not “just an hallucination”) other mystical experiences like NDEs, do as well, and if one of them doesn’t, the other one shouldn’t either.
I find it weird to think that if an NDE is really about meeting the source/God, paychedelics are not, and viceversa.

Differences aside, these experiences have too much in common in my opinion: the sense of feeling “more real than real”, ineffability, transcendence of time and space, ego disollution, etc.

JustATourist
#9 Posted : 8/24/2023 10:46:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another thing is that Psychedelics have recently been found to REDUCE brain activity in certain key areas. At the same time NDEs are supposed to happen while the is no brain activity at all.

Could that give more credensce to Aldous Huxley’s idea of the brain as a reducing valve ? Smile

Sidisheikh.mehriz
#10 Posted : 8/25/2023 8:35:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

JustATourist wrote:
Another thing is that Psychedelics have recently been found to REDUCE brain activity in certain key areas. At the same time NDEs are supposed to happen while the is no brain activity at all.

Could that give more credensce to Aldous Huxley’s idea of the brain as a reducing valve ? Smile

All organisms that didn't develop a way to filter the information in their surroundings to the ones basic for their survival have gone extinct. This is a fact of evolution.