CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
need help identifying stuff that appeared during re-x Options

ilisuc
#1 Posted : 6/3/2023 6:42:38 AM

wishes she had chosen "nobodywillpickthis1" as her username

Hi, i'd really appreciate any takes on what these little shapes i noticed while re-xing might be. Is it possible they're mini glass pieces? The heptane was pulled from a glass vessel holding the lye bark soup.
ilisuc attached the following image(s):
Jun_3_2023_1_31_08.jpg (60kb) downloaded 58 time(s).
Jun_3_2023_1_31_10.jpg (35kb) downloaded 58 time(s).
-wishes she had chosen "nobodywillpickthis1" as her username-

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 6/4/2023 2:02:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Are your deems supposed to be in there? Did you use salt? Have you already done freeze precip? It looks either like deems or salt.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ilisuc
#3 Posted : 6/4/2023 11:41:23 PM

Voidmatrix wrote:
Are your deems supposed to be in there? Did you use salt? Have you already done freeze precip? It looks either like deems or salt.

One love

thanks so much for your reply. hadn't done freeze precip yet and yes i did use salt. i was giving the heptane a warm water bath in preparation for freeze precip when i noticed these. If it was deems it certainly should have melted..It could be salt i suppose but wouldn't the salt have long been dissolved? I still have the container from the picture sitting on the table because I'm suspicious of what i don't understand in it.

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 6/4/2023 11:46:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it's salt. I just looked and it seems salt is only soluble in polar solvents, so wouldn't dissolve in heptane.

I Googled "is salt soluble in a nonpolar solvent."

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ilisuc
#5 Posted : 6/5/2023 12:42:25 AM

hmm i think you solved this mystery for me. thanks Voidmatrix Pleased

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 6/5/2023 12:44:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ilisuc wrote:
hmm i think you solved this mystery for me. thanks Voidmatrix Pleased

Happy to help my friend Smile and best of luck yo you. Hoping to see some pretty xtals soon. Razz

One love