CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvia Divinorum methods? Options

josboaz
#1 Posted : 5/23/2023 3:30:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey Hello

Does anyone have good experience with Salvia Divinorum tinctures?

I just bought a 1 LBS/500Gr bag of Salvia Divinorum and want to make a tincture as I have read that normally folks just chew on the leaves, this is called quid or buccal. But some reported that is difficult to hold the leaves in the mouth for 30 minutes. So I wanted to try the tincture method. Does anybody know a good way to go about this?

How many gr of leaves should I use?
How big should the jar be?
How long should I let it soak in the jar?
What is the alcohol percentage that I should use? (Currently, I making 92% for this project)

I was thinking of placing the leaves in a jar with 92% alcohol and letting it sit for weeks, and then I would remove the lit and let it evaporate a bit so that it gets concentrated. After that, I would mix it with water until the alcohol percentage is around 10%

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

josboaz
#2 Posted : 5/25/2023 7:51:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

bumb

RhythmSpring
#3 Posted : 5/27/2023 6:52:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't have tincture information for you, but... where did you hear that you had to hold the leaves in your mouth for 30 minutes?? For me it's 5 minutes, tops. It can take 5-15 minutes to come on, but you don't have to hold them in your mouth for that long.

Quidding is easier than you think. Sure, it can be messy, but it's nothing that a little rinse of the mouth afterwards can't fix.

Conversely, tinctured Salvia is a terrible way to take it. It burns the tongue, and the experience feels more like a drug than a guided, safe, conscious experience.

In my experienced opinion you're better off just stuffing the leaves in your mouth. Less work, better effects.

josboaz wrote:
Hey Hello

Does anyone have good experience with Salvia Divinorum tinctures?

I just bought a 1 LBS/500Gr bag of Salvia Divinorum and want to make a tincture as I have read that normally folks just chew on the leaves, this is called quid or buccal. But some reported that is difficult to hold the leaves in the mouth for 30 minutes. So I wanted to try the tincture method. Does anybody know a good way to go about this?

How many gr of leaves should I use?
How big should the jar be?
How long should I let it soak in the jar?
What is the alcohol percentage that I should use? (Currently, I making 92% for this project)

I was thinking of placing the leaves in a jar with 92% alcohol and letting it sit for weeks, and then I would remove the lit and let it evaporate a bit so that it gets concentrated. After that, I would mix it with water until the alcohol percentage is around 10%

From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

josboaz
#4 Posted : 5/28/2023 1:44:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

RhythmSpring wrote:
I don't have tincture information for you, but... where did you hear that you had to hold the leaves in your mouth for 30 minutes?? For me it's 5 minutes, tops. It can take 5-15 minutes to come on, but you don't have to hold them in your mouth for that long.

I searched on the forum, Jamie said around 4 grams, which is quite a big ball. Tried it for a couple of days but no effect. I read it can take a couple of times before there is an effect.

The first time I made a brew of 28 grams and, brushed my gums before quidding the brew, I did not have Listerine (somebody on Reddit wrote Listerine Menthol and brushed the gums and under the tongue.) When I quidded a few sips of the 28gram brew, I felt after some time that I was swaying in polar directions. So I experienced at least one effect. During all the quiddings I closed my eyes a couple of times for a brief second. But did not have any visuals. Also, the mental space was just as regular. I heard people describe communicating with spirits, hearing their voices. Someone on youtube talked about hearing this higher self or something similar or analytically dissecting his thoughts. I believe he just used a few leaves

RhythmSpring
#5 Posted : 5/28/2023 5:52:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It may take a few tries. Familiarity with the plant, the molecule(s), the intelligence will increase, and thus it will be easier to navigate into the Salvia (head)space.

It's called reverse-tolerance, and Salvia is one of the very few entheogens with this attribute.

I also like to make a tea of it. It mixes well with Peppermint.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

josboaz
#6 Posted : 5/28/2023 10:31:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

RhythmSpring wrote:
It may take a few tries. Familiarity with the plant, the molecule(s), the intelligence will increase, and thus it will be easier to navigate into the Salvia (head)space.

It's called reverse-tolerance, and Salvia is one of the very few entheogens with this attribute.

I also like to make a tea of it. It mixes well with Peppermint.

Yes, reverse-tolerance (RT) Harmala has that as well. Harmala is my main plant so every time I test S.D. I will mix it with Harmala, heard it got great synergy. I actually bought peppermint after reading reports about it but did not yet combine it together.

1. Could you share your dosage recommendations on how many grams for quidding and how many grams for tea?

2. Do you drink the tea or use the tea as a quid?

3. I was wondering about RT, does that mean that every time a person stops taking Salvia Divinorum (S.D.) for a certain amount of time? Does he or she need to take S.D. for a number of days before it takes effect again?

RhythmSpring
#7 Posted : 5/28/2023 8:48:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

josboaz wrote:
Yes, reverse-tolerance (RT) Harmala has that as well. Harmala is my main plant so every time I test S.D. I will mix it with Harmala, heard it got great synergy. I actually bought peppermint after reading reports about it but did not yet combine it together.

1. Could you share your dosage recommendations on how many grams for quidding and how many grams for tea?

2. Do you drink the tea or use the tea as a quid?

3. I was wondering about RT, does that mean that every time a person stops taking Salvia Divinorum (S.D.) for a certain amount of time? Does he or she need to take S.D. for a number of days before it takes effect again?

I agree, harmalas + Salvia is great synergy.

1. No. I eyeball it, and it's different for everyone. Try starting with a tablespoonful. Maybe two.

2. Holding the tea in your mouth for a few minutes before swallowing it helps bring on the effects.

3. I don't understand the questions--I'm confused by the phrasing. But I think Salvia's reverse tolerance works over the course of days, if not years.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Twilight Person
#8 Posted : 5/29/2023 1:29:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Any reason why harmalas would work with salvia? Guess it's far from being a monoamine. But well harmalas have their own style of trip even when administered alone, so they are like a mystery to me anyways ...
~ O ~

RhythmSpring
#9 Posted : 5/29/2023 4:22:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Twilight Person wrote:
Any reason why harmalas would work with salvia? Guess it's far from being a monoamine. But well harmalas have their own style of trip even when administered alone, so they are like a mystery to me anyways ...

Note that I did not say, "potentiation." Harmalas synergize well with Salvia, Cannabis, and a number of other herbs. It potentiates tryptamines, but that is just one thing it does--a small slice of what it can do, as compared with a whole host of other things--herbs it mixes well with.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

murklan
#10 Posted : 5/30/2023 10:44:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

RhythmSpring wrote:
... It potentiates tryptamines, but that is just one thing it does--a small slice of what it can do, as compared with a whole host of other things--herbs it mixes well with.

This got me curious. Not to hijack the thread but what 'things--herbs' could that be? I've been into Rue for awhile now, but mostly together with DMT or sometimes cannabis or on it's own. Would like to go deeper and since I'm also into herbs (for tea mostly) this makes me curious.

josboaz
#11 Posted : 5/31/2023 3:51:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

murklan wrote:
RhythmSpring wrote:
... It potentiates tryptamines, but that is just one thing it does--a small slice of what it can do, as compared with a whole host of other things--herbs it mixes well with.

This got me curious. Not to hijack the thread but what 'things--herbs' could that be? I've been into Rue for awhile now, but mostly together with DMT or sometimes cannabis or on it's own. Would like to go deeper and since I'm also into herbs (for tea mostly) this makes me curious.

Did you read this thread?

murklan
#12 Posted : 5/31/2023 11:26:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No, but now I have. Thank you, great read!