DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Harmala and Kundalini Options

josboaz
#1 Posted : 5/23/2023 3:34:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi there,

I read in the topic spirit of Syrian rue, that somebody (embracethevoid)_said that Harmala aka Syrian Rue has a connection with kundalini. Does anybody have some intel on this?

Here is the thread in which it is discussed

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

josboaz
#2 Posted : 5/25/2023 7:50:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

bumb

LizKing
#3 Posted : 5/25/2023 10:57:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

josboaz wrote:
bumb

Any practice that raises energy/life force/chi/prana can also, with years of practice, will raise kundalini. Seriously, you don't want to go chasing the dragon, it bites the uninitiated.
Lizard King - astrology, tarot, taoist alchemy, and all things esoteric.

β€œI am the Lizard King / Retire now to your tents and to your dreams,
Tomorrow we enter the town of my birth, / I want to be ready.”
Jim Morrison - The Doors

josboaz
#4 Posted : 5/26/2023 3:23:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

LizKing wrote:
josboaz wrote:
bumb

Any practice that raises energy/life force/chi/prana can also, with years of practice, will raise kundalini. Seriously, you don't want to go chasing the dragon, it bites the uninitiated.

I'm not too worried about that, as I actively doing prep practices. Anyhow does anyone got useful information pertaining to my question?

Tomtegubbe
#5 Posted : 5/26/2023 10:49:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

josboaz wrote:
LizKing wrote:
josboaz wrote:
bumb

I'm not too worried about that, as I actively doing prep practices. Anyhow does anyone got useful information pertaining to my question?

Harmala will affect your headspace in a way that some meditative states may be more readily available. That's the connection I believe.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

LizKing
#6 Posted : 5/28/2023 4:23:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

josboaz wrote:
LizKing wrote:
[quote=josboaz]bumb

AI'm not too worried about that, as I actively doing prep practices. Anyhow does anyone got useful information pertaining to my question?

Oh, so you want useful information on kundalini and harmala? Just to fill you in a bit, I have over 40 years intimate experience with kundalini thus the warning above which I believe you thought was a blow-off, but I only have 6 months with harmala.

I'd not expect much in the way of a kundalini awakening with harmala (Syrian Rue). Harmala is a MAO inhibitor and as such prolongs the psychedelic experience, it can almost double the trip time, and is also used for relaxation. I've had success with it in terms of relaxation but it hasn't done much more than extend the time of the trip. I've not had a blast-off from harmala.

Psychedelics excel in creating specific and unique headspaces as Tomtegubble said, but I've not heard of anyone having a singular kundalini experience from them. Psychodelics don't really need a full-scale kundalini awakening, they do their own thing. Yes, combining the two is magic but if it doesn't happen the result is still enjoyable.

If it is kundalini you are after then I'd suggest you start with Taoist or yogic alchemy and slowly work it into your psychedelic adventures over time. If all you're after is a psychedelic experience then the plant kingdom is wide open for you to explore.

Bottom line, give it a go and see what happens.

I hope you found this a little more useful.

Jim Morrison - The Doors

josboaz
#7 Posted : 5/28/2023 2:25:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

LizKing wrote:
josboaz wrote:
LizKing wrote:
[quote=josboaz]bumb

AI'm not too worried about that, as I actively doing prep practices. Anyhow does anyone got useful information pertaining to my question?

Oh, so you want useful information on kundalini and harmala? Just to fill you in a bit, I have over 40 years intimate experience with kundalini thus the warning above which I believe you thought was a blow-off, but I only have 6 months with harmala.

Yes, you are right though about Kundalini, it can be very dangerous when the mind and body is not prepared no doubt about that. What do you think about this site/page?

LizKing
#8 Posted : 5/29/2023 2:39:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That guy studied a whole heap of paths to enlightenment, and it took him 20 yrs to find Kundalini. One must remember that Indian people suffered badly under the conquering British for something like 400 years before independence. There was no way any yogi would give their captors and torturers any valuable information on their spiritual practices. It is the same for any conquered native people.

In China and Asia it was much the same. Taoists and Buddhists were persecuted and withdrew from society to continue their practice of internal alchemy. Even today few taoist lineage masters will take on non-Chinese students. If they do they will only teach the forms/movements, but not the internal alchemy which is kept secret within their clan.

What I am getting at is that traditional methods that lead to enlightenment are not easily won. Today we have internet gurus who read something online or a book or two and then pronounce themselves experts in the field of tantra and kundalini. The difficulty for someone new to this arena is in finding someone with real knowledge and experience. There aren't very many masters who make themselves available to the wider community. Most prefer to remain hidden, for obvious reasons.

I was lucky, I was recommended to a taoist tai chi master and studied under him for the next 8 years before moving to the country. I found that after 6 months of tai chi I was leaving my body, astral traveling from massive bursts of kundalini. I was a bit different to my fellow students in that they didn't have those same experiences, so I shut up and just got on with it.

Disclaimer: My take on this path is biased towards tai chi and taoist alchemical practices which I practice. I know nothing about yoga so can't comment on it, sorry.

Nearly all of my experiences have been in sleep with a smattering of nice experiences in meditation. Anyone who wishes to awaken kundalini would do best to do their basic chi breathing and tai chi/chi kung exercises daily, no matter what - just do them. When your body wisdom is ready you will start to wake up inside your dreams and have the time of your life.

My advice to you is to find a good teacher of tai chi (which is completely focused on raising chi/kundalini in a safe and structured manner). Good luck, but just understand that it is easy to waste time and money on fake gurus.

Some books that I found useful and that might help you a bit:
"Finding a Life of Harmony and Balance: A Taoist Master's Path to Wisdom" by Chen Kaiguo, Zheng Shunchao, Thomas Cleary (Translator)
"The Magus of Java: Teachings of an Authentic Taoist Immortal", 2000 by Kosta Danaos

Jim Morrison - The Doors

josboaz
#9 Posted : 6/15/2023 8:47:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

LizKing wrote:

I was lucky, I was recommended to a taoist tai chi master and studied under him for the next 8 years before moving to the country. I found that after 6 months of tai chi I was leaving my body, astral traveling from massive bursts of kundalini. I was a bit different to my fellow students in that they didn't have those same experiences, so I shut up and just got on with it.

I remember reading what a person wrote:
β€œBruce Frantzis teaches the Water Tradition of qi gong. It is very powerful.”

1a. Can you send me the schedule of the exercises you did during those 6 months?
1b. Did you modify the structure of the list during that time?
2. Do you know a good alternative list? Preferably in video format.
3. Are you familiar with Bruce Frantzis and/or the water tradition of Chi gong?

Working with the dantians, and especially the head dantian will open psychic abilities.
Similar end goal, this is what I found.

β€œPeople report this is the occult a lot. I learned qiong 20 ish years ago, and never had an issue, but I learned it not the occult way - which seems to be to focus on specific point, usually out of context of the whole system. I learned to open the kidney 1 and perineum points to ground first, as a basic safety procedure. Then the crown to connect with the cosmos. Then the microcosmic orbit, then cultivate to nowhere else but lower dan tian. As lower dan tian and the microcosmic orbit gain strength, that’s how all other points get more energy. Never directly. I think that’s why I never had any issues. People are basically doing what I was taught is dangerously imbalanced, and wondering why they get symptoms. You could attract anything from infections to deafness punpung energy direct without having a pressure release valve, as it were.”

4. It seems he forgot to mention also doing Taixi θƒŽζ―, embryonic breathing, however, how do I know when a meridian is open enough to ground energy?

Link to image of the book

About Kunda and Harmala connection, I was wondering if this plant can enhance energy work, like chakras, Qi Qong, and even kundalini itself. the original poster said Kunda and harmala are connected in magical ways. So I'm curious as to what for connection and will it aid during Kunda raising practices

josboaz attached the following image(s):
11.png (320kb) downloaded 157 time(s).

LizKing
#10 Posted : 6/17/2023 12:29:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jos, yes, I know of Bruce Frantzis and have read all of his books. He has lots of exercises, have you done any? What alchemical path do you prefer, Fire or Water?

The shaman or mystic of antiquity knew that humans don't have a switch that says: Kundalini ON / Kundalini OFF. Their kundalini was earned not given nor taken. You too, Jos, have to earn the right to enjoy kundalini and its pleasures.

Like the yogi and taoist, the novice shaman was apprenticed for many years before they undertook specific practices which led to enlightenment. Their mentors didn't just hand them a drug or an exercise. Read Carlos Castaneda's books to get an idea of what they went through. The paragraph on taoist practices that you quoted is spot on but it is important that you take time to understand what it means.

Your question on Harmala and Kundalini. As I said earlier I don't think any herbs/mushrooms/DMT awaken kundalini in and of themselves. I believe they form part of a process that leads toward enlightenment, and kundalini is only part of that process. As for entheogenic drugs, sure, use them but do it wisely, under guidance, and without expectation.

So, is there a single exercise that can awaken kundalini? OK, since you like useful information I will tell you: the exercise which can lead to kundalini, out of all the ones I have learned, is centered breathing. All you need to do is practice three times a day for 30 minutes while in a light trance. Do that religiously for the next three months then get back to me and tell me what it does for you.

Better still, find a good teacher of tai chi, chi kung, or if you prefer yoga, and follow that path until you touch upon kundalini. Do your centered breathing while you learn the basics of chi breathing and you will go places. As the Chinese say, the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step - start your chi breathing today.

Jim Morrison - The Doors

josboaz
#11 Posted : 6/17/2023 7:03:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

LizKing wrote:
Jos, yes, I know of Bruce Frantzis and have read all of his books. He has lots of exercises, have you done any? What alchemical path do you prefer, Fire or Water?

The shaman or mystic of antiquity knew that humans don't have a switch that says: Kundalini ON / Kundalini OFF. Their kundalini was earned not given nor taken. You too, Jos, have to earn the right to enjoy kundalini and its pleasures.

Like the yogi and taoist, the novice shaman was apprenticed for many years before they undertook specific practices which led to enlightenment. Their mentors didn't just hand them a drug or an exercise. Read Carlos Castaneda's books to get an idea of what they went through. The paragraph on taoist practices that you quoted is spot on but it is important that you take time to understand what it means.

Your question on Harmala and Kundalini. As I said earlier I don't think any herbs/mushrooms/DMT awaken kundalini in and of themselves. I believe they form part of a process that leads toward enlightenment, and kundalini is only part of that process. As for entheogenic drugs, sure, use them but do it wisely, under guidance, and without expectation.

So, is there a single exercise that can awaken kundalini? OK, since you like useful information I will tell you: the exercise which can lead to kundalini, out of all the ones I have learned, is centered breathing. All you need to do is practice three times a day for 30 minutes while in a light trance. Do that religiously for the next three months then get back to me and tell me what it does for you.

Better still, find a good teacher of tai chi, chi kung, or if you prefer yoga, and follow that path until you touch upon kundalini. Do your centered breathing while you learn the basics of chi breathing and you will go places. As the Chinese say, the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step - start your chi breathing today.

My last reply was not about kundalini, I asked you what sort of exercises did you do to clear up your meridians for you to be able to astral project. Let's skip the kundalini for now mate.

LizKing
#12 Posted : 6/17/2023 10:15:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, mate, do you mind if I ask you a question?

Jim Morrison - The Doors

josboaz
#13 Posted : 6/18/2023 12:30:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

LizKing wrote:
Hey, mate, do you mind if I ask you a question?

Sure, pal go ahead, but first let's begin with the basics, otherwise there is no order in this conversation. What type of exercises did you do to remove energetic blockages to be able to astral project, or at least opening up your psychic abilities? I would assume you worked with the dantians among other things. So what was your training schedule?

LizKing
#14 Posted : 6/18/2023 11:21:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, my question is, how old are you?

Jim Morrison - The Doors

josboaz
#15 Posted : 6/19/2023 2:18:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

LizKing wrote:
Thanks, my question is, how old are you?

okay I see you did not answer my question and are basically deflecting the subject, I do not have time for games.

LizKing
#16 Posted : 6/19/2023 11:38:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jos, your glaring immaturity, sense of entitlement, and rudeness causes me to reflect on my interaction with you. One day you may learn that a little humility and respect goes a long way. Good luck on your journey.

Jim Morrison - The Doors

josboaz
#17 Posted : 6/20/2023 12:59:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

LizKing wrote:
Jos, your glaring immaturity, sense of entitlement, and rudeness causes me to reflect on my interaction with you. One day you may learn that a little humility and respect goes a long way. Good luck on your journey.

It's funny that you are the one saying this, how ironic
You asked me if you could ask me a question, to which I told you, you can do so after you had answered one of my questions. That is how normal conversations go, I do not know where you are from, but here we conduct dialogs like that. Yet, you choose to ignore that and arrogantly brush off my questions and proceeded to ask a question about my age which is none of your business. I call you out on your BS and you have the nerve you call me immature, entitled, and rude.

josboaz
#18 Posted : 6/30/2023 12:13:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

LizKing wrote:

Out of all the ones I have learned, is centered breathing. All you need to do is practice three times a day for 30 minutes while in a light trance. Do that religiously for the next three months then get back to me and tell me what it does for you.

Do your centered breathing while you learn the basics of chi breathing and you will go places. As the Chinese say, the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step - start your chi breathing today.

Hey, the last couple of days, after rereading your previous post, it keeps coming back to the surface, that you might have actually answered my question about which training schedule you did for 6 months for you to be able to astral project. See I have a short course about Qi Qong which teaches a person different techniques for 30 days, 6min information, and 14+min practice. So I had my mind set on the fact that you were hiding some kind of exercise schedule that's why I probably did not register that you answered it by telling me to look into centered breathing 3x 30min a day for 3 months. In that light, I can see that my reaction was inappropriate and thus can be considered and qualified as rude.

To answer a question that you asked me:
Quote:
yes, I know of Bruce Frantzis and have read all of his books. He has lots of exercises, have you done any? What alchemical path do you prefer, Fire or Water?

I have no clue as to what both of these paths entail, A person with a lot of experience with Qi Qong wrote on a different forum that that author & specific book teaches 'Qi Qong's water tradition which is very powerful.' So that's why I bought the book.

Is this the correct breathing exercise?
https://www.youtube.com/...?v=eLRI4HV9h-o&t=12s

And why you don't suggest doing embryonic breathing instead of centered breathing?
embryonic breathing techniques are similar to Tummo breathing, you know working with the lower muscles. Because of the potency of Tummo, I can see that embryonic breathing might be more powerful than centered breathing.

MuteUSO
#19 Posted : 6/30/2023 3:12:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

LizKing wrote:
josboaz wrote:
bumb

Hey LizKing, I hope you don't mind a question, since you seem to be knowledgeable.

I do not intend to raise my Kundalini - just for the reasons you mentioned. However, I meditate regularly while tripping both on high and low doses of various psychedelics. At times, I am also meditating on the lower Dantian (breathing from there). I know that the latter is a (part of) Daoist energy meditation. Do you think that meditating on the Dantian while tripping can somehow mess with Kundalini and lead to problems down the line? Am I better off just doing other types of meditation (e.g. vipassana or stillness) if I want to avoid potential complications? Or is dantian breathing alone considered safe?

LizKing
#20 Posted : 9/17/2023 11:21:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MuteUSO wrote:
LizKing wrote:
josboaz wrote:
bumb

Hey LizKing, I hope you don't mind a question, since you seem to be knowledgeable.

I do not intend to raise my Kundalini - just for the reasons you mentioned. However, I meditate regularly while tripping both on high and low doses of various psychedelics. At times, I am also meditating on the lower Dantian (breathing from there). I know that the latter is a (part of) Daoist energy meditation. Do you think that meditating on the Dantian while tripping can somehow mess with Kundalini and lead to problems down the line? Am I better off just doing other types of meditation (e.g. vipassana or stillness) if I want to avoid potential complications? Or is dantian breathing alone considered safe?

Hi Mute, Dan Tien breathing (navel or centered breathing) is the foundation practice of chi and kundalini development, as far as I am aware. In terms of tripping while chi breathing my experience is that it enhances both. With a little practice you can do your chi breathing while tripping, it's nice and will open you to other dimensions.

I'd say that tripping on shrooms, DMT or LSD opens the gate to spaces we don't usually visit. By adding chi breathing at the navel, dan tien, you can extend the experience and your gateway will in time, become wider leading to deeper and broader experiences.

Having said that make sure you don't over-do your tripping dose, in fact I'd cut it in half if using chi breathing. Go slowly, very slowly and learn how to combine the two methods.

Dan tien breathing alone is enough, over many thousands of years Taoists practicing this method of chi raising didn't need to trip on anything, they had mastered the art of chi/kundalini. But let's face it, tripping is nice when done in a safe environment and in a safe manner.

Let me know how it goes.

Jim Morrison - The Doors

12NEXT