CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dmt sulfate solubility/Extraction Options

StoneyBroski
#1 Posted : 5/27/2023 3:34:52 PM

I have embarked on SpiceX, still drifting through the hyperspace, machine elves whisper the secrets of the cosmos into my brain.

I realze there are easier things to use for acid pulls (acetic/citric/fumaric/etc acid) but I was thinking sulfuric could possibly replace something caustic (such as lye) to help tear down the cell walls and allow the alks to dissolve. Then one could possibly use something like sodium carbonate to basify, xylene to pull, and FASA to salt. (Presumably yeilding Jungle Spice FA)

Would this work? I don't know if sulfate would be water soluble, would something need to be changed for this to work?

Please help with some insight more experienced chemists.
Mmmm.... Knowledge. Keep pissing on this sponge.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Twilight Person
#2 Posted : 5/29/2023 1:37:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sulfuric Acid will work just fine. No difference to Hydrochloric acid. Just keep in mind that if you used 98 % Sulfuric acid it will be easy to overshoot as you will only need some droplets, needing more material to basify later (especially as 1x acid carries 2x H+).

But to basify I would not use sodium carbonate. It will instantly release off CO2 when in contact with any acid. That is greatly (!!!!!) causing a risk to make your vessel overflow, as you will instantly generate multiple 100s milliliter of gas inside if you just drop a few milliliter of liquid. Therefore basifying with carbonate is tedious as you would only be safe to add really small amounts at once, unnecessarily taking ages for this step.

Sodium hydroxide is still just a classic, it might just get pretty hot when you drop it into the sulfuric acid, so pre-dissolve it and add small amounts of the dissolved one.

If you dont like sodium hydroxide because of safety (which would be weird to then use sulfuric acid Twisted Evil ) you could also just use Ammonia AKA NH4OH. Here heat is not generated so much when pouring it into the sulfuric acid and also no gas evolution unlike Na2CO3.
~ O ~