CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is this powder DMT or something else? Options

Zalkonian
#1 Posted : 5/24/2023 4:10:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello. SWIM has a strange β€œDMT” powder called "White dream" that is white in color with a slight yellow tint. "DMT" wont dissolve in hexane even after days passing which is strange because real DMT is soluble in non polar solvents. It partially dissolved in water after a fewdays. When exposed to 50C temperature it wouldn't melt but at about 85C it melted right away. It has a skatole smell. Claimed purity is between 95-98%, was extracted using vinegar and limonene. What could it be? Should DMT test kit - Ehrlich, Hofmann, Marquis ir Mecke reagent testing be done before smoking and can determine that it is indeed pure n,n-DMT?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Pandora
#2 Posted : 5/24/2023 4:23:51 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Zalkonian,

Welcome to the Nexus.

Really hard to say but you know how it is, talk is cheap.

Truly the only way to be sure is to extract your own. There are many tried and true extraction TEKs in the Wiki at your disposal.

I hope you find what you are looking for and again welcome you.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

fink
#3 Posted : 5/25/2023 12:06:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'd say one test you didn't mention is inhaling some of it's vapour. However if it is suspect to you that is a risk.

Get hold of some light naphtha and warm it in a water bath to to roughly 40°c. Add your substance at a ratio of around 1000mg 'DMT' to 50ml of naptha. This is probably too much nps at that temperature but it wont really hurt.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=96044 this thread will give you a more comprehensive understanding of DMT solubility in all well known np solvents.

Stir gently. Anything that does not disolve after a few minutes can be saved for later experimentation.

Syphon off the NPS/dmt solution allow to cool to room temp. Seal container and place in freezer below -6°c for minimum 24 hours. After time elapsed remove and follow the recovery process of a freeze precip that can be found well documented on the forum many times over.

If nothing crashes out in the freezer the saturation may be too low. Attempt a partial evap and freeze again.

Your product may well still not be DMT. But at the least your secondary waste solid that you saved for later is most likely not dmt.

If I'm missing any of the marks hopefully someone will correct me here. But this should get you started.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

_Trip_
#4 Posted : 5/25/2023 1:16:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT benzoate maybe. Although probably wouldn't dissolve in water.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Zalkonian
#5 Posted : 5/26/2023 8:30:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:
I'd say one test you didn't mention is inhaling some of it's vapour. However if it is suspect to you that is a risk.

Get hold of some light naphtha and warm it in a water bath to to roughly 40°c. Add your substance at a ratio of around 1000mg 'DMT' to 50ml of naptha. This is probably too much nps at that temperature but it wont really hurt.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=96044 this thread will give you a more comprehensive understanding of DMT solubility in all well known np solvents.

Stir gently. Anything that does not disolve after a few minutes can be saved for later experimentation.

Syphon off the NPS/dmt solution allow to cool to room temp. Seal container and place in freezer below -6°c for minimum 24 hours. After time elapsed remove and follow the recovery process of a freeze precip that can be found well documented on the forum many times over.

If nothing crashes out in the freezer the saturation may be too low. Attempt a partial evap and freeze again.

Your product may well still not be DMT. But at the least your secondary waste solid that you saved for later is most likely not dmt.

If I'm missing any of the marks hopefully someone will correct me here. But this should get you started.

Tried smoking very little amount had no effect. Need to get precision scales. BTW powder had bluish white fluorescence when exposed to 365nm UV.

Swim will try test using warm naptha.

Pandora
#6 Posted : 5/26/2023 2:18:07 PM

Got Naloxone?

This is a scary thread in the age of fentanyl poisoning of all drug sources. Please always use fentanyl test strips.

Seriously, for safety sake I would recommend jettisoning what you have and looking into extracting your own. If you can get nahphta you're half way there.

"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Zalkonian
#7 Posted : 5/26/2023 9:04:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
This is a scary thread in the age of fentanyl poisoning of all drug sources. Please always use fentanyl test strips.

Seriously, for safety sake I would recommend jettisoning what you have and looking into extracting your own. If you can get nahphta you're half way there.

Root bark gets often seized, while DMT powder is easy to conceal in envelope. Swim tried extracting phalaris brachytachys with no success.

Yeah fentanyl or carfentanyl is real danger this day. Tasting little bit of powder didn't seem to give opiod effect however but it was few specs. Problem is that today there are thousands of designer drugs and I wonder which one it could be.

endlessness
#8 Posted : 5/26/2023 9:07:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Reagent kits together with TLC kits is much better than just test kits.. But anything is better than nothing. If you´re gonna just use reagents, Id probably use ehrlich, mecke and mandelin.

Please dont talk about sourcing, or shipping of drugs...

Good luck

Zalkonian
#9 Posted : 5/30/2023 4:49:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Reagent kits together with TLC kits is much better than just test kits.. But anything is better than nothing. If you´re gonna just use reagents, Id probably use ehrlich, mecke and mandelin.

Please dont talk about sourcing, or shipping of drugs...

Good luck

What are TLC kits? I remember psychedsubstance from Youtube mentioning that ehrlich and marquis tests should be done at least if on budget. Would these be sufficient tests along with knowing substance physical properties?

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 5/30/2023 5:05:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Thin layer chromatography iirc. Should be able to find them pretty easy online.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Zalkonian
#11 Posted : 5/31/2023 9:36:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Thin layer chromatography iirc. Should be able to find them pretty easy online.

One love

The TLC test is more complicated than reagent testing. Is there a video guide for testing DMT?

I learned that acquiring the Marquis test requires a special permit since it's considered a toxic chemical. Arent mecke and mandelin too?

Zalkonian
#12 Posted : 11/16/2023 8:59:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tested with 4 reagents kit for DMT testing and got negative results. After an hour I had no color change, just a slight yellow tint in all except Ehrlich which was white. Strangely after days passed Hoffman turned black and Marquis yellow brown. After putting fake DMT into water most of it slowly dissolved, so now 100% sure it's not N,N-DMT.

Could it be another DMT form such as 5-MeO-DMT? I heard DMT has a mothball smell, could naphthalene be used?

Voidmatrix
#13 Posted : 11/16/2023 9:20:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Well, really there are a few DMT molecules. Psilocybin is 4poDMT, psilocin is 4hoDMT. There's also 4ACO-DMT, and I can't remember what it is by name, but iirc there's also a 5poDMT. But they likely all react similarly under test conditions.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

dragonrider
#14 Posted : 11/16/2023 10:06:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Zalkonian wrote:
I tested with 4 reagents kit for DMT testing and got negative results. After an hour I had no color change, just a slight yellow tint in all except Ehrlich which was white. Strangely after days passed Hoffman turned black and Marquis yellow brown. After putting fake DMT into water most of it slowly dissolved, so now 100% sure it's not N,N-DMT.

Could it be another DMT form such as 5-MeO-DMT? I heard DMT has a mothball smell, could naphthalene be used?

It could also be that the product degraded and that the end product caused the reagents to change colour.

Many tryptamines are not very stable and will completely degrade within hours or days when exposed to certain chemicals or even water.

downwardsfromzero
#15 Posted : 11/16/2023 10:43:55 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Water solubility also suggests that it's a salt of some kind, so you could try adding a base and pulling into a suitable NPS. Sodium carbonate and acetone would be a sensible choice since you could do a small-scale test and acetne evaporates quickly.

It might be wise to look into growing one or more DMT source plants if you're really interested in the matter.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Zalkonian
#16 Posted : 11/17/2023 9:24:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Water solubility also suggests that it's a salt of some kind, so you could try adding a base and pulling into a suitable NPS. Sodium carbonate and acetone would be a sensible choice since you could do a small-scale test and acetne evaporates quickly.

It might be wise to look into growing one or more DMT source plants if you're really interested in the matter.

I left the water solution to evaporate and got thin, needle-like 1cm long crystals. They were not so fragile but sticky when scraping.

I guess I could try extracting it again. What Is this TEK called? Base wouldn't destroy it if it's 5MeoDMT? Wouldn't DMT salts still produce colors with reagents?

What plants could I grow indoors or in cold climate? Tried brachystachys but hadn't much success, maybe too little biomass.

Homo Trypens
#17 Posted : 11/17/2023 12:15:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Zalkonian wrote:
What plants could I grow indoors or in cold climate? Tried brachystachys but hadn't much success, maybe too little biomass.

Desmanthus illinoensis survived last winter outside here in the flat part of Switzerland (~400m above sea level). It's still not big enough for any harvest, so i can't speak to its properties as a source yet.

Indoors, you might be able to get Acacias to grow - some of them have DMT in the phyllodes, such as acuminata. It'll be at least 2 years before you can harvest extractable amounts though.

downwardsfromzero
#18 Posted : 11/17/2023 4:35:45 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Zalkonian wrote:
Wouldn't DMT salts still produce colors with reagents?
How old are your reagents? Some of them can expire and become useless.

As far as re-extracting your material, it's not about "tek" names - which in my view are becoming another form of brand name brainwashing - but rather in understanding the fundamental principles of the process, something which is described in detail here, being one of the key reasons for the Nexus' existence. Have a look at some of the sticky threads in the FAQ subforum and you'll be making a start.

Your education is your empowerment! Take control of it.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Zalkonian
#19 Posted : 11/19/2023 6:19:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
[quote=Zalkonian]Wouldn't DMT salts still produce colors with reagents?How old are your reagents? Some of them can expire and become useless.

They are still good. As far as I know Ehrlich reagent doesn't expire unlike rest acid based reagents and needs to be diluted with alcohol if it dries out. It still didn't produce purple color even with a drop of pure alcohol.

Well I'm mostly familiar with basifying DMT salt water solution with sodium lye and then adding nonpolar solvent such naphtha/hexane and mixing for a long time. But first I want to rule out 5meo-DMT

Zalkonian
#20 Posted : 12/1/2023 9:14:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So after adding sodium hydroxide to a water solution containing powder "X" it turned right away into a milky color with shining tiny needle crystals.

Later solution cleared up. After mixing with hexane crystals rised and remained in hexane.