DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Paul Stamets Gets New Mushroom Named After Him Options

Pandora
#1 Posted : 4/9/2023 1:54:51 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Psilocybe stametsii 
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Nydex
#2 Posted : 4/9/2023 3:54:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Regardless of how people feel about him as an individual, and about the stories he has told over the years, the influence he has had on the community is undeniable, and I personally am glad there are people like him out there, spearheading the importance of fungi in the public's eye.

Good on him. Thumbs up
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Mitakuye Oyasin
#3 Posted : 4/9/2023 9:17:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That is fantastic! And Well deserved. I hope many of his 'suppressed' technology is able to come out soon. The sooner the better. ;-)
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
โ€” Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

artificer
#4 Posted : 4/22/2023 5:02:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for posting this, Stamets and his books have certainly had influence on me for many years and it's great to see his relentless enthusiasm make waves in his lifetime.
An affinity to entheogens that bring me to full submission,
A thriving esoteric greenhouse, I do envision

Quetzal7
#5 Posted : 4/24/2023 7:11:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Definitly he had some great influence , and i still consider his books a really good base for any grower

neverless, in my purest opinion, mushrooms should not be named after a dude... this is missing the point they trying to make, over and over and over , that IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU. OR ANYBODY.

Exitwound
#6 Posted : 4/24/2023 7:46:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quetzal7 wrote:

neverless, in my purest opinion, mushrooms should not be named after a dude... this is missing the point they trying to make, over and over and over , that IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU. OR ANYBODY.

Or maybe it's you who misses the point and take mushrooms naming issue too seriously? Smile

Toshido
#7 Posted : 4/24/2023 8:08:10 AM

Research & Development

I think to think that the hat he wears is a big mushroom he found in the woods and dried.
🌳👨โ€🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨โ€🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
โœดโœดโœด - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Exitwound
#8 Posted : 4/24/2023 8:44:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Toshido wrote:
I think to think that the hat he wears is a big mushroom he found in the woods and dried.

Your aren't wrong, it's literally made out of mushroom tissue

artificer
#9 Posted : 4/24/2023 12:01:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what are you sayin? callin him a fungus head? Razz

Toshido
#10 Posted : 4/24/2023 6:19:19 PM

Research & Development

Exitwound wrote:

Your aren't wrong, it's literally made out of mushroom tissue

Well that's just wonderful and thank you for confirming my imaginative suspicion.
🌳👨โ€🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨โ€🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
โœดโœดโœด - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

artificer
#11 Posted : 4/24/2023 10:50:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amadou

made from this mushroom: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fomes_fomentarius

It is cool, I mean I'm even a little envious of that hat. My favorite part is that this same mushroom was found on the ice man dated back 5,300 years: https://www.peninsulacla...-the-ice-man-and-amadou/

According to Stamets, the fungus can smolder / burn very slowly, so if a fire is started, one could light the Fomes Fomentarius and blow out flame and it's like a punk or incense and could be kept that way for a very long time to start your next fire.