CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Thoughts on Psychotria carthagenensis Options

Drake
#1 Posted : 6/22/2009 3:55:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So this plant, like a a few others, has captured my interest. Here is some basic info from Wiki:

Quote:
Psychotria carthagenensis - 0.2% average DMT in dried leaves

http://en.wikipedia.org/...sychotria_carthagenensis

Other then it seeming as not a BAD renewable source of DMT, as its located in leaves of the plant. Also seems like a good plant to obtain to make Ayahuasca with, something I am sure I will want to try in the future!

Now I have read around, leaves are more "problematic" when it comes to extracting DMT? Anyone give me brief insight on this matter?

Other bit of info I am looking into, is how fast it grows. I cannot really think of anything els.

Main reason for a high amount of interest, is because I can order this plant online. I won't say the site, they only have two left Wink ! I want to get some views on this plant, before spending $30 on two shrubs.

Again. I am exploring a number of plants, to help other Aussies!

EDIT: I just read this:

Quote:
Psychotria catharginensis: The presence of tryptamines has been documented in several papers. One researcher however claims that the material they harvested had no tryptamine content. This particular study concentrates primarily on the analgesic properties of the leaf extracts.

Makes me wonder. Thoughts on this would also be fantastic!
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!
The Dark reaches of The Void are there. But it is not to be feared.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SWIMfriend
#2 Posted : 6/22/2009 4:13:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The thing is, you will never know what you're getting in an extract until an experienced and properly equipped chemist looks at the products of the extraction. Just knowing that some products ARE there tells you nothing about OTHER products (perhaps poisonous ones) that also might be there.

It seems like the only sensible way for you to proceed is to find/use a species that is KNOWN to have safely extractable DMT (i.e., the extracts don't ALSO contain BAD things). It's either that, or become an expert and fully equipped chemist.

pablokabute
#3 Posted : 1/19/2023 12:04:46 PM

"Look up, look within, it's SPACE and it's YOU."

What's the consensus now about carthagenensis/alba? Thanks.
Also a proud member of the Shroomery.

_Trip_
#4 Posted : 1/19/2023 1:06:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=59967

Not active I believe.

However, there is a hybrid known as Psychotria Nexus it is a cross between Psychotria catharginensis and viridis. Giving a more cold hardy active psychotria that requires less humidity to grow well.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.