CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Nicotine Options

vixintrex
#1 Posted : 1/18/2023 4:19:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hope I'm doing this right

From what I understand although nicotine is sort of nootropical, it's also more of an anxiolytic, and accordingly I dont think I have to use that forum, and accordingly I dont think i have to make an entry on the nexus wiki? Not that I dont want to. I think this is sort of a dangerous extraction, isn't it? And freebase nicotine oil can be harmful if it gets on your skin? Kind of like one of those nightshade extractions. Anyways, I dont see any information anywhere on this process, and I'm kind of stuck.

45g pipe tobacco
700 ml water
15 g citric acid
10 hours

De fatted with 50 ml ronsonol lighter fluid

Free based with 55g potassium hydroxide

This cool thing happened. I thought it would be an easy separation, even though I wish I had defatted with either a better solvent or otherwise a lot more times than that, but after a few minutes, that layer had disappeared entirely, and I'm not sure how I'm going to proceed

I was thinking about how convenient it would be to avoid solvents entirely. I want nicotine oil to make cheap vape juice. I'm not used to a liquid product, and the idea of a solvent remaining in the product bugs me. I figure my ideal option is to use dichloromethane if I want any dramatic disparity between solvents. Advice, input, whatever, appreciated.
vixintrex attached the following image(s):
20230118_091800.jpg (2,364kb) downloaded 67 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 1/18/2023 5:38:07 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Nicotine is highly toxic via dermal absorption and not to be trifled with! Safety notes for handling should be available through nerdy nic vaping sites, I would imagine. Nicotine freebase in aqueous conditions does have an interesting phase diagram though. It will separate from water within (or was it outside - you'd better check) a specific temperature range so that could be used to advantage in extracting once you've fully acquainted yourself with the safety requirements.

Nicotine poisoning is not fun, trust me on this one...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

vixintrex
#3 Posted : 1/18/2023 5:45:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I should have been wearing gloves when I took this picture on account of the highly alkaline solution at the very least

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 1/18/2023 5:57:36 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

vixintrex wrote:
I should have been wearing gloves when I took this picture on account of the highly alkaline solution at the very least

There is that too. Hope you wore eye protection...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli