DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Aminita Muscaria Prep/tek? Options

RoundAbout
#21 Posted : 9/29/2022 12:50:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is just a repeat of Aum_Shanti's post linked above, but anyways:

I like this paper for data on the influence of pH on time required to decarboxylate ibotenic acid (you can just copy the title into sci-hub):

Excitatory Amino Acids: Studies on the Biochemical and Chemical Stability of Ibotenic Acid and Related Compounds

Additional data point here:

Method for producing muscimol and/or reducing ibotenic acid from amanita tissue

There are some papers on soaking as an effective way of extracting the active compounds from the mushroom, but they're in Japanese. I think soaking, adding acid then heating would be effective.

Many of the common methods (including eating) will decarboxylate some ibotenic acid, but what is safe and/or optimal are other questions. If other people have better suggestions, with proper evidence, I would appreciate them. I recognize I have been a little overzealous on this topic in the past.

The first time I used amanitas, I "woke up" and saw the giant face of a Mexican man stretched across my entire visual field. lol

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Exitwound
#22 Posted : 9/29/2022 7:58:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Over here we do it like this. First dry properly for 30-40 days.
Before consumption, simmer for 1h30m-2h with lemon juice (if you want to get sciency, there is specific optimal pH at which you should do this, but we just squeeze 1-2 lemons into the brew).
When compared with plain mushroom consumption dosage, concoction is 1.5x-2x stronger.
For example if particular branch was trippy at 5-6gr of dried amanitas, then you need 3-4gr equivalent amount of your brew to achieve same effects.

There is russian-speaking youtuber Баба Маша - her channel has LOADS of knowledge for amanitas, I'd say currently it's the best resource about them, ironically only in Russian although she lives in the US for the most of her life. I believe papers you linked were reviewed by her in one of the videos.
What I described is her receipe for amanitas basically.

Also please be careful with Panterinas if you decide to "potentiate" them with this receipe. I strongly suggest not taking Panterinas at all, and if you do, then no need to potentiate them further Very happy

murklan
#23 Posted : 9/29/2022 11:26:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound wrote:
Before consumption, simmer for 1h30m-2h with lemon juice (if you want to get sciency, there is specific optimal pH at which you should do this, but we just squeeze 1-2 lemons into the brew).
When compared with plain mushroom consumption dosage, concoction is 1.5x-2x stronger.
For example if particular branch was trippy at 5-6gr of dried amanitas, then you need 3-4gr equivalent amount of your brew to achieve same effects.

Interesting. I'd like to do something like that. What I have now is a tincture that is a mix of ethanol- extraction and then water boiling of the remains. The Amanitas were oven dried before. It was a bit time consuming and I have not taken enough of the tincture-mix to feel something substantial.

What are the effects for you with the dosage you mention?

BobDobbs
#24 Posted : 9/30/2022 1:03:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

@Lysergik, OP and any others... I have a little first hand experience with this mushroom and I owe my confidence and continuing interest in it to a lady that only goes by Amanita Dreamer online. She has quite a collection of videos to explore and she's just as into the science, pros and cons of both Ibotenic acid and Muscimol as she is into the personal and subjective aspects of what this mushroom offers. She's also done a few interviews with people that are even more deeply into the science. But, to summarise the most important advice for those that are inclined to just dive in - regardless of how you prepare Amanita for consumption, start slow - titrate your dose and don't be tempted to rush. As with other mushrooms, Amanitas sometimes pop out way more potent than normal... It's much better to feel underwhelmed and decide to take a little more but you're kinda stuck if your dose overwhelms you - wishing you could take less is no way to get to know this mushroom or any other exploratory substance... She's unrestricted in what she shares on her own site - https://www.amanitadreamer.net/ but this is a particular favourite video of hers that can still be found on YT - The Importance of Amanita Ceremonies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sjjqEVOtkY

Exitwound
#25 Posted : 9/30/2022 2:13:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

murklan wrote:
Exitwound wrote:

Interesting. I'd like to do something like that. What I have now is a tincture that is a mix of ethanol- extraction and then water boiling of the remains. The Amanitas were oven dried before. It was a bit time consuming and I have not taken enough of the tincture-mix to feel something substantial.

What are the effects for you with the dosage you mention?

5-6 dry was enough to have a strong somewhat euphoric state, similar to drunkedness, which later leads to sleepyness, if you overcome it then you get an energy boost and elevated mood. I'd say it was borderline trippy dose for me. 10gr of same amanitas were sending people to trips, when you fall asleep and awaken in the trip with loops and time play and sometimes living other lives or realities. I never took high doses of amanitas and never will Smile
If you prepared 6gr dry with lemon, it would be enough to give same effect to two people.

And while I have your attention, please be cautious with this musroom. It is dissociative, meaning your rational brain can shut off completely and you will loose control and your body can do things you will later regret.
I advise against trip doses, they do not seem to bring any value compared to risk, especially if you already had an enlightening experience with any substance before. At lower doses it is very enjoyable, but also be aware of cumulative effect. If you redose even 2 hours after initial dose, you might substantially potentiate peaks as this shroom is slow.

murklan
#26 Posted : 9/30/2022 10:00:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound wrote:
And while I have your attention, please be cautious with this musroom. It is dissociative, meaning your rational brain can shut off completely and you will loose control and your body can do things you will later regret.
I advise against trip doses, they do not seem to bring any value compared to risk, especially if you already had an enlightening experience with any substance before. At lower doses it is very enjoyable, but also be aware of cumulative effect. If you redose even 2 hours after initial dose, you might substantially potentiate peaks as this shroom is slow.

Thank you for the caution. I don't have many experiences with dissociatives. NO2 but it's s short and I have not been so deep into it. Some experiences with DMT + Harmalas that were clearly dissociative. So yes I'll be careful.

PREV12