CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is The Common, Weed, Morning Glory Active? Options

brokedownpalace10
#1 Posted : 8/5/2022 12:51:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

As the title says. Some years back I grabbed a few seeds from a Morning Glory that a friend had growing up his back fence as a weed and planted them. Predictably, I am still trying to eliminate the plants from my yard.

They certainly do look like escaped ornamental Morning Glory with "Heavenly" blue, white, or variegated blue and white flowers. I also see these same Morning Glories growing in other places.

Are they, in fact, escaped Ipomoea tricolor? Would trying a few immature seeds hurt me?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

vixintrex
#2 Posted : 9/2/2022 3:54:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

uh yeah

the concentration varies greatly but like

with one hand harvest the pods
squoosh them
blow away the chaff
put them in your mason jar

you want like a thousand

dragonrider
#3 Posted : 9/2/2022 11:23:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thousand is a bit much. Morning glory is psycho-active and save in small doses. But unlike with LSD, you cannot safely take enormous amounts of it. And side effects can become extremely unpleasant with larger amounts.

I would just start low to see how you respond. Something like 50 seeds. Then maybe something like 150. For seeds of average strength, 300 to 400 is quite heavy and the upper limit of what most people find comfortable.

And just to be sure, check if they're realy morning glories.

RhythmSpring
#4 Posted : 9/2/2022 5:07:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Weed"!?! How dare you!
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

braindrops
#5 Posted : 9/29/2022 4:15:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Since you used the phrase 'weed', it makes me wonder if you are referring to Field Bindweed (Convolvulus Arvensis), which looks pretty similar to Morning Glory.

Like dragonrider, I think a thousand Morning Glory seeds is a bit much, especially if they are fresh.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 9/29/2022 5:44:10 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

braindrops wrote:
Since you used the phrase 'weed', it makes me wonder if you are referring to Field Bindweed (Convolvulus Arvensis), which looks pretty similar to Morning Glory.

Like dragonrider, I think a thousand Morning Glory seeds is a bit much, especially if they are fresh.

There are several plants known as bindweed and most of them are quite powerful purgatives. In the case of hedge bindweed (Calystegia sepium), for instance, a few seeds will have this effect. It would be prudent to do some TLC testing for ergoline alkaloids before attempting any kind of psychoactive experimentation with this group of plants. The data at present suggests that it's not worth it, although a definitive answer depends on the species you have at hand.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

brokedownpalace10
#7 Posted : 9/29/2022 7:22:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've done a bit of research on this and I've come to the conclusion that my yard (and other's) is full of Grandpa Ott (Ipomoea nil) and White Pitted Morning Glory (Ipomoea lacunosa).

The Grandpa Ott has deep blue or purple flowers and the lacunusa has many small white flowere. Both escape cultivation and become "weedy"" easily, especially Grandpa Ott.

There is some talk of desirable alkaloids in these, but the sparse references to them I found seem to point to it being considerably less than Ipomoea tricolor (Heavenly Blue).

So, I'm doubting that I have escaped Ipomoea tricolor and since tricolor is so easily grown, I'm not planning on messing with these.