CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Am I just extra sensitive or what? Options

TheHermeticShaman
#1 Posted : 9/14/2022 6:37:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just a couple days ago, I harvested and tried my very first cube. I’ve had years of experience with smoking DMT prior to this, so I figured the territory would feel at least familiar.

I wanted to go with a fairly light dose just to test the waters. Since fresh mushrooms are 90% water, I took 10 grams using lemon tek to help ease nausea and potentiate the effects (which lemon tek is said to do). But I doubt this could fully account for the total effects I experienced.

I felt something setting in in about 15 minutes. By 30, everything was waving, melting, stretching, and breathing. By 60, I was lying in bed completely physically dysfunctional and having intense closed and open eye visuals and mild auditory and tactile distortions. I kept my eyes closed for most of the peak and was astonished at how almost indistinguishable it was from some of my more intense DMT “sub-threshold” experiences. Same types of visuals, same or similar entities, same bodily sensations, same feeling of being absolutely overtaken. Everything was almost exactly the same. I thought it would take significantly more mushrooms before I started making a comparison like that.

Is this unusual? Must I just be very sensitive to psilocin? Is it possible years of prior experience with DMT, its kissing cousin, primed me to be more sensitive and receptive to what washed over me?

I’m genuinely puzzled as to how 10 fresh grams affected me as intensely as it did. I’ve never even read of such a low dose producing the intensity of effects I experienced. These were just regular cubes, Golden Teachers. Can anyone relate or have any thoughts on this?

Happy travels.
Prying open my third eye 👁

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 9/14/2022 6:51:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

You're not alone. I've experienced this as well and it's been a factor in my psychedelic trepidation of the last few years.

I've always heard that the corresponding weight of wet mushrooms will be more potent than it's corresponding weight when dry. I don't have experience to speak on this personally however.

It could also be that a few of the mushrooms in that 10g dose were more potent than someone of the others since alkaloid content between fruits isn't uniform.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Exitwound
#3 Posted : 9/14/2022 9:09:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It was the same for me. Yes it makes you more sensitive, kind of reverse tolerance.
And same for effect, mushroom visuals are just round and dmt is square

dithyramb
#4 Posted : 9/14/2022 9:25:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Any mushroom or plant is more potent when fresh than its equivalent dried material. (And also has something extra)

And the lemon Tek is known to create overwhelming intensity...

The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

TheHermeticShaman
#5 Posted : 9/16/2022 4:03:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The strain I ate is famous for supposedly being on the milder end: golden teacher. That said, I know mushrooms can vary in potency even within the same flush. Differences in cubensis strains’ potencies are generally marginal with the notable exception of penis envy strains, which I am also growing. From everything I’ve read thus far, the higher potency of fresh versus dried isn’t a drastic difference, at least not so drastic that my 10g fresh should be on par with 3.5+ grams dried. But I have no other mushroom trips to compare my first experience to, so I guess I will just have to see. In the mean time I am just perplexed by what happened.
Prying open my third eye 👁

Fridge
#6 Posted : 9/16/2022 4:53:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it hasn't been mentioned yet, but especially if you're growing from spore you'll get the very broad spectrum of genetical expression this particular mushroom has to offer. You'll get strong, weak, big, small, etc mushrooms from multispore.

The solution I see here is to clone a good looking fruit and grow it out. Once you harvested and figured out how strong the clone culture is, you can pretty reliably dose in a way that allows you know how strong the experience is going to be.
...no need to worry...

RowRowRowYourBoat
#7 Posted : 9/16/2022 4:40:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TheHermeticShaman wrote:

Is it possible years of prior experience with DMT, its kissing cousin, primed me to be more sensitive and receptive to what washed over me?

I think its probably a lot of that. Also one's first mushroom experience usually tends to be pretty strong as well. I think your first time combined with dmt priming synergized.

My first time going back to mushrooms after having used dmt several times it nearly blew my head off and was very dmt-like.
Things have turned a deeper shade of blue

Why you should NOT take DMT

dragonrider
#8 Posted : 9/16/2022 10:27:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, i've experienced this as well.

But i would just say as a general rule, to never underestimate shrooms.

People often talk about shrooms as if it's just a bit of fun and giggles. But believing that is just like waiting to get your butt seriously kicked. Laughing and i'm talking from experience here.

Those little buggers are no joke.Twisted Evil

infinitynlove
#9 Posted : 9/29/2022 3:05:04 AM

Mushroom Explorer

TheHermeticShaman wrote:
Just a couple days ago, I harvested and tried my very first cube. I’ve had years of experience with smoking DMT prior to this, so I figured the territory would feel at least familiar.

I wanted to go with a fairly light dose just to test the waters. Since fresh mushrooms are 90% water, I took 10 grams using lemon tek to help ease nausea and potentiate the effects (which lemon tek is said to do). But I doubt this could fully account for the total effects I experienced.

I felt something setting in in about 15 minutes. By 30, everything was waving, melting, stretching, and breathing. By 60, I was lying in bed completely physically dysfunctional and having intense closed and open eye visuals and mild auditory and tactile distortions. I kept my eyes closed for most of the peak and was astonished at how almost indistinguishable it was from some of my more intense DMT “sub-threshold” experiences. Same types of visuals, same or similar entities, same bodily sensations, same feeling of being absolutely overtaken. Everything was almost exactly the same. I thought it would take significantly more mushrooms before I started making a comparison like that.

Is this unusual? Must I just be very sensitive to psilocin? Is it possible years of prior experience with DMT, its kissing cousin, primed me to be more sensitive and receptive to what washed over me?

I’m genuinely puzzled as to how 10 fresh grams affected me as intensely as it did. I’ve never even read of such a low dose producing the intensity of effects I experienced. These were just regular cubes, Golden Teachers. Can anyone relate or have any thoughts on this?

Happy travels.

Hi there

Well lemon tek makes them much stronger in my exp, and nothing competes with fresh shrooms, so id say you had the same amount of actives as 2g dry not using lemon tek, so it makes sense

glad you enjoyed it Smile

much love Smile
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM