CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First Time Recording of Sound From Blackhole Options

Voidmatrix
#1 Posted : 8/24/2022 1:18:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Thought you all may find this interesting.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Homo Trypens
#2 Posted : 8/24/2022 8:05:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Very nice!

I love the Perseus one. I think it really is a waveform (even an actual sound waveform, pressure waves in a gas) transposed into audible range without further alteration. So the timbre is actually from the data. Like, any frequency heard is present in the data at the same relative intensity, just 57 octaves lower.

In the M87 one, i'm near certain that they just used the data to generate MIDI (note data) that they then played familiar sounds with on some sort of sampler/synthesizer. So the melody and rhythm is from the data (quite possibly even quantized, ie. pressed into a 'musical' grid), and the timbres, the actual sounds, are a selection from earthly sound modules. Still cool, but M87 probably doesn't really sound like a synth violin Very happy

fink
#3 Posted : 8/24/2022 8:43:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cool sounds. I would love to know what a bass frequency 57 octaves down would feel like if it were possible.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

MAGMA17
#4 Posted : 8/24/2022 11:57:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful and scary at the same time.
Makes me think of the "music of the spheres" concept.

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 8/25/2022 3:20:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Homo Trypens wrote:
Very nice!

I love the Perseus one. I think it really is a waveform (even an actual sound waveform, pressure waves in a gas) transposed into audible range without further alteration. So the timbre is actually from the data. Like, any frequency heard is present in the data at the same relative intensity, just 57 octaves lower.

In the M87 one, i'm near certain that they just used the data to generate MIDI (note data) that they then played familiar sounds with on some sort of sampler/synthesizer. So the melody and rhythm is from the data (quite possibly even quantized, ie. pressed into a 'musical' grid), and the timbres, the actual sounds, are a selection from earthly sound modules. Still cool, but M87 probably doesn't really sound like a synth violin Very happy

It's fascinating also that this was picked up by X-ray data.

And I think the second one from M87 sounds different because it wasn't a radial rendition and was an collation of information from three satellites. Which would make sense if the method you described is what they did. I think it's interesting that we can see on the panels in the video the stream getting wider where it terminates.

fink wrote:
Cool sounds. I would love to know what a bass frequency 57 octaves down would feel like if it were possible.

If I'm not mistaken, we reportedly hear less than 1% of the acoustic spectrum.

MAGMA17 wrote:

Beautiful and scary at the same time.
Makes me think of the "music of the spheres" concept

Yeah, I wanna take a journey listening to it! Love

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

fink
#6 Posted : 8/25/2022 12:15:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Exactly, our senses are finely tuned to the frequencies that were most useful to our survival.

However our ears are not the only sensors that can detect sound waves. Most people can say they have felt the bass in their chest from loud music. Such an insanely powerful wave as described here should provide other sensations than just audible. If space is full of black holes then most likely we are already experiencing them.

A bass frequency 57 octaves down has been calculated to have a frequency interval of ~10 million years. IE it takes 10 million years for one crest and fall of the wave to complete. The lowest frequency detectable by our ears has a frequency of ~1/20 second. IE the wave completes it's full motion 20 times a second. This phenomenon from space was actualy detected/recorded back in the early 2000s.

One day someone will posit that these black hole subwoofers are responsible for the structure of space and time. If they have not already. Or perhaps I just did. Suddenly all the problems with explaining galaxy formation will vanish. No more dark matter. Only sound as an explanation.

If we put sand on a flat surface above a speaker cone and play different frequencies a repeatable pattern is formed. Imagine the structural power the frequency of a black hole holds.

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 8/25/2022 12:22:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure if some of the mysteries of the universe can be solved this way. A lot of space is predominantly a vacuum (theoretically). And sound does not travel in a vacuum
The reason sound is able to retrieved from these black holes is due to massive amounts of gas that the sound can actually travel through. In audiation they show that sound moves through compressing and releasing through whatever medium in which it travels, and corresponds to its frequency.

Thank you for sharing about that interval. That's pretty wild to imagine!

One love

MAGMA17
#8 Posted : 8/25/2022 1:43:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:

One day someone will posit that these black hole subwoofers are responsible for the structure of space and time. If they have not already. Or perhaps I just did. Suddenly all the problems with explaining galaxy formation will vanish. No more dark matter. Only sound as an explanation.

It would certainly be very satisfying for the categorization fetish of humans, to think that all of this could be explained by a single thing. But I have the feeling that it's not that simple Laughing
Although as a musician it would not be bad to think so Laughing

fink
#9 Posted : 8/25/2022 5:01:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Indeed with our current models and understanding sound cannot travel in space. But the vacuous nature is as you say, theoretical. In theory the spaces between the molecules that we call air are also vacuums. So far the furthest we have physically sent matter to barely passes the heliopause. At which point we were surprised to encounter a huge wall of plasma being displaced by Sol's magnetic field and solar wind.

We can say that we have detected pockets of vacuum but certainly not that the cosmos as a whole is devoid of matter or pressures. We have also never generated a 10 million year long wave to test in our little back yard of space. Who is to say that such extremes behave in the same way?

At present we can say for certain that the influence the solar system has on particles stretches a lot further away than previously expected. If we could consider Sol's bubble as a single entity, and all other entities the same, a grand scale view of the universe could show something similar to a child's ball pit with congestion of entities that make the idea of a vacuum seem very human scaled.

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 8/25/2022 5:33:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:
Indeed with our current models and understanding sound cannot travel in space. But the vacuous nature is as you say, theoretical. In theory the spaces between the molecules that we call air are also vacuums. So far the furthest we have physically sent matter to barely passes the heliopause. At which point we were surprised to encounter a huge wall of plasma being displaced by Sol's magnetic field and solar wind.

We can say that we have detected pockets of vacuum but certainly not that the cosmos as a whole is devoid of matter or pressures. We have also never generated a 10 million year long wave to test in our little back yard of space. Who is to say that such extremes behave in the same way?

At present we can say for certain that the influence the solar system has on particles stretches a lot further away than previously expected. If we could consider Sol's bubble as a single entity, and all other entities the same, a grand scale view of the universe could show something similar to a child's ball pit with congestion of entities that make the idea of a vacuum seem very human scaled.

Current cosmology states most of the observable universe is a vacuum.

And, if in an atmosphere, the space between molecules is other less dense molecules. We also have to consider size scale, as an atom is mostly empty space, but interacting with the world doesn't show us this in our day to day: things seem mostly solid.

However, interestingly, and fueling your idea, the concept of OM is the sound that created existence.

Also, current cosmology is showing how the laws of physics as we know them may not have always been this way, showing change being constant on all fronts and levels.

One love

Edit: Sorry for coming off kinda flat. Aside from being at work, I just have a lot going on that's lowered my mood.

fink
#11 Posted : 8/25/2022 6:40:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Not coming off flat at all Void. I appreciate the discussion. My wild speculation about the nature of the universe should always be taken with a pinch of salt. I have the benefit of a day off to muse these things today.

Now how can we lift your mood a little?

Voidmatrix
#12 Posted : 8/25/2022 6:43:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:
Not coming off flat at all Void. I appreciate the discussion. My wild speculation about the nature of the universe should always be taken with a pinch of salt. I have the benefit of a day off to muse these things today.

Now how can we lift your mood a little?

You just did in your own way, and thank you.

Also, I needed the reminder to be a little less literal Laughing I'm so rigid often times.

Love

One love

fink
#13 Posted : 8/25/2022 8:27:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

After a little research, it seems that some current thinking suggests that sound waves can travel through space. You cannot hear them without sufficient particles vibrating, but they can still travel. The wavelength denotes the gaps that can be crossed.

A 10 million year wavelength should be capable of bridging quite large gaps of nothing.

I'm all about the black hole subwoofer theory today!

fink attached the following image(s):
20220825_202559.jpg (60kb) downloaded 64 time(s).

Voidmatrix
#14 Posted : 8/25/2022 9:04:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:
After a little research, it seems that some current thinking suggests that sound waves can travel through space. You cannot hear them without sufficient particles vibrating, but they can still travel. The wavelength denotes the gaps that can be crossed.

A 10 million year wavelength should be capable of bridging quite large gaps of nothing.

I'm all about the black hole subwoofer theory today!

Allow me to clarify.

Sound is defined as:
Quote:
vibrations that travel through the air or another medium and can be heard when they reach a person's or animal's ear.

Showing that sounds is predicated on both the medium in which it travels and having a receiver, ie, a being with at least one functional ear. This is why the answer to "if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to here it, does it make a sound," is no [Berkeley].

To reiterate, sound cannot travel through a vacuum. Most of space as we can tell is a vacuum.

However, the vibrations of whatever force that the "sound" is a byproduct of may still travel. The sound aspect is secondary to the force though.

One love

fink
#15 Posted : 8/25/2022 9:23:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Right, so I will stop misnomering these waves as sound waves despite the fact that they theoretically are the same thing. But the same force that shapes a plate of loose sand on top of a speaker cone still could arrange whatever it bumps into after it crosses the vacuum of space. Especially at such a monstrously low wavelength.

These blackhole waves (gravitational waves) travelling at a fraction less than lightspeed through space at a frequency of 10 million years could assumedly bridge almost 10,000,000ly bumping from matter to matter.

The confusion I suppose is that we discuss them as sound as per the original article.

downwardsfromzero
#16 Posted : 8/25/2022 9:52:44 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Sound can also be recognised by its effect on the medium. In relatively dense media, sound propagates via what is effectively direct collisions between molecules. However, when looking at the movements of matter on cosmic scales, besides radiation pressure the major candidate for an excitation force would be gravity. Gravitational vibrations would give an apparent effect on the particles of the medium - which in this case might be stars and dust clouds - which would be qualitatively similar to the vibrations of atoms and molecules that propagate sound as we understand it here on earth. Given that that galaxies and galactic clusters are arranged huge sheets and ropes, it seems likely that these are vibrating like vast drums and stringed instruments. And these vibrations contribute towards shepherding dust and gas into clouds which eventually collapse to ignite new stars....

And the reason why it's all so slooooow is because gravity is so weak.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Voidmatrix
#17 Posted : 8/25/2022 11:22:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:
Right, so I will stop misnomering these waves as sound waves despite the fact that they theoretically are the same thing. But the same force that shapes a plate of loose sand on top of a speaker cone still could arrange whatever it bumps into after it crosses the vacuum of space. Especially at such a monstrously low wavelength.

These blackhole waves (gravitational waves) travelling at a fraction less than lightspeed through space at a frequency of 10 million years could assumedly bridge almost 10,000,000ly bumping from matter to matter.

The confusion I suppose is that we discuss them as sound as per the original article.

Apologies if I'm being too descript and/or specific.

Relative to the article:
Quote:
This is because astronomers discovered that pressure waves sent out by the black hole caused ripples in the cluster’s hot gas that could be translated into a note – one that humans cannot hear some 57 octaves below middle C. Now a new sonification brings more notes to this black hole sound machine. This new sonification – that is, the translation of astronomical data into sound...

So inductive reasoning was used in analyzing data translate motion of gasses into a specific note and is a translation of data, so no actual sound data was taken.

DF0 wrote:
Sound can also be recognised by its effect on the medium. In relatively dense media, sound propagates via what is effectively direct collisions between molecules. However, when looking at the movements of matter on cosmic scales, besides radiation pressure the major candidate for an excitation force would be gravity. Gravitational vibrations would give an apparent effect on the particles of the medium - which in this case might be stars and dust clouds - which would be qualitatively similar to the vibrations of atoms and molecules that propagate sound as we understand it here on earth. Given that that galaxies and galactic clusters are arranged huge sheets and ropes, it seems likely that these are vibrating like vast drums and stringed instruments. And these vibrations contribute towards shepherding dust and gas into clouds which eventually collapse to ignite new stars....

This is sort of why I said that sounds was a byproduct and secondary.

One love