CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ratio of male to female forum members? Options

PsychedelicReality
#1 Posted : 5/14/2022 9:50:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Could somebody in the know please provide me with the number of male and female members?

One of the reasons I ask, I commonly hear that males vastly outnumber females when it comes to using dmt.

Second reason, with all our trippy psychedelic names it's hard to distinguish gender lmao Laughing

Hoping to hear that it's roughly 50/50 for me to start a Nexus dating thread lol..... Obviously not Big grin

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

fink
#2 Posted : 5/14/2022 10:13:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think one of the most beautiful things about internet trip people is that we transcend gender, race, upbringing and any other distinguishing pigeon hole.

We are just minds with fingers that can communicate.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

PsychedelicReality
#3 Posted : 5/14/2022 10:27:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Fink,

I totally agree with you my friend!

I got into a discussion with my only friend who has experience with dmt, he suggested that male users outnumber females significantly. Personally, I would guess there is a higher percentage of males, however, not to the extent that my friend suggested.

Thought that if I could get some statistics it would help with our debate, I was curious beforehand anyway. Cheers
Thumbs up

justB612
#4 Posted : 5/14/2022 11:01:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i dont think even the admin or the mods could answer this question

pretty much noone gives their identity here so we have like, no clue who is a boy and who is a girl Very happy

A second chance? Huh... I thought I was on my fifth.

fink
#5 Posted : 5/14/2022 11:16:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

PsychedelicReality wrote:
Hi Fink,

I totally agree with you my friend!

I got into a discussion with my only friend who has experience with dmt, he suggested that male users outnumber females significantly. Personally, I would guess there is a higher percentage of males, however, not to the extent that my friend suggested.

Thought that if I could get some statistics it would help with our debate, I was curious beforehand anyway. Cheers
Thumbs up

I have no idea, although potentially male heavy sounds about right to me. Generally speaking males tend to lean towards material things and visceral experiences. Where as, again just generally speaking, females tend to care more about people and relationships. Ergo there are probably a lot more men seeking new and obscure distraction on this planet than women as women distract themselves more often with social dynamics and interactions with other people. I know this sounds like stereotyping but I think that is quite accurate when speaking in blanket statements. Life is clearly nothing but a series of distractions before death if boiled down to the most basic definition.

The main issue with solving the problem here is, I would guess, we constitute a minority proportion of DMT users worldwide. Here you have DMT users who also wish to learn more about the processes and the chemistry and again who also wish to share thoughts and experiences with previously unknown humans from around the world.

I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

PsychedelicReality
#6 Posted : 5/14/2022 11:17:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

justB612 wrote:
i dont think even the admin or the mods could answer this question

pretty much noone gives their identity here so we have like, no clue who is a boy and who is a girl Very happy

Thanks bud, makes sense I suppose.

Hmmm.... Nexus dating idea scrapped lol Thumbs down Big grin

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 5/14/2022 11:17:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

fink wrote:
I think one of the most beautiful things about internet trip people is that we transcend gender, race, upbringing and any other distinguishing pigeon hole.

We are just minds with fingers that can communicate.

While things like this can be useful in understanding others and can allow us to bring an image to mind (because we're highly visual creatures), I feel like they way we innately focus on these distinctions causes us to lose a certain essence of authentic and "pure" communications and perspectives, allowing them to "color" or thinking.

My intuition tells me this is largely a male heavy demographic community (as is the case with certain kinds of niches, based on societal influences).

Another question that is similar, is how many "black" people are here? For me, it doesn't matter in the slightest, but is something I naturally think about because of my own experience. I am "African-American" and live in a state with a very low black population. I have never really fit the "black stereotype," and tend to be the only one or one of the only ones of my ethnicity in many activities. Pursuing psychedelics is not something prominent within most black communities.

All the same, it doesn't matter. No one can help their heritage or genealogy and genetic make-up, and all things tied into these factors should bear less weight than we often give them because they can't be helped. This is why I embrace my disparate heritage and genealogy (I have a lot of German and Native American in me also), but don't have pride in it.

One
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

PsychedelicReality
#8 Posted : 5/14/2022 11:39:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fink and Void,

Very valid and well thought out observations from you both!

Fink, I agree with you regarding the social and demographic dynamics at play, well put.

Void, articulate and full of wisdom in your words as always my man Cool

I concur that labels and stereotypes lead to divisions in society and are not healthy in any form. I believe we are all consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, dmt has helped to confirm this for me in many ways Big grin

RhythmSpring
#9 Posted : 5/15/2022 4:21:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ime/imo it's probably like 50-100:1 m:f here.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

PsychedelicReality
#10 Posted : 5/16/2022 10:32:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

RhythmSpring wrote:
ime/imo it's probably like 50-100:1 m:f here.

Without knowing exactly, that would be a good guess imo bud. Thumbs up

We need to start a recruitment drive lol Big grin

King Tryptamine
#11 Posted : 5/17/2022 2:06:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Like everyone else I have no actual data / evidence to point out the gender profile of the nexus but I'd lean more towards male dominated. I hang around the chat pretty often and I can say without a doubt that the overwhelming majority are male with females being a rarity. Total sauSage fest over there.

PsychedelicReality
#12 Posted : 5/17/2022 2:22:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

King Tryptamine wrote:
Like everyone else I have no actual data / evidence to point out the gender profile of the nexus but I'd lean more towards male dominated. I hang around the chat pretty often and I can say without a doubt that the overwhelming majority are male with females being a rarity. Total sauSage fest over there.

Lmao that tickled me bro Big grin

brokedownpalace10
#13 Posted : 5/18/2022 8:37:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

In many forums which are provably male dominated (tobacco pipe and knife forums come to mind), the females want to go under the radar as female and often pick male or neutral user names. They just want to discuss the subject without the inevitable clusterf*ck of people swooping in to flirt.

A female on a pocket knife forum I frequent said she picked a neutral username because she didn't want the avalanche of guys posting to her threads thinking, "Wow! A guurl"

Ladies, we can't help it. A guurl 😊 with similar interests in a subject where that is (or seems) rare is intriging. We can't help it.

Sunnyside
#14 Posted : 5/19/2022 12:42:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

See, the thing is, this is less than fully respectful to women.
I am not arguing.
I am stating a fact. Your text proves it.

Males need to be better and do better.

brokedownpalace10 wrote:
In many forums which are provably male dominated (tobacco pipe and knife forums come to mind), the females want to go under the radar as female and often pick male or neutral user names. They just want to discuss the subject without the inevitable clusterf*ck of people swooping in to flirt.

A female on a pocket knife forum I frequent said she picked a neutral username because she didn't want the avalanche of guys posting to her threads thinking, "Wow! A guurl"

Ladies, we can't help it. A guurl 😊 with similar interests in a subject where that is (or seems) rare is intriging. We can't help it.

" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

dragonrider
#15 Posted : 5/19/2022 1:11:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sunnyside wrote:
I am not arguing.

brokedownpalace10 wrote:

I sure hope that the male nexians don't behave like that.

But to be honest, we mods don't always see every single thing that's being posted here, so we can't guarantee it would never ever happen here.

However, i can speak for 100% of the moderators if i say that we don't tolerate any kind of harassment here.

And if any of you people would ever witness inappropriate behaviour here, please report it. Even if it is not directed towards yourself but to someone else.

brokedownpalace10
#16 Posted : 5/20/2022 8:18:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I very much hope that my post was not out of line.
I was primarily pointing out a very common practice of "going under the radar" on forums.
My last sentence was said jokingly, but it was also to point out that it is intriguing to find a lady who shares an interest that you are passionate about.
I, of course, agree that men need to be careful.

Sunnyside wrote:
I am not arguing.

brokedownpalace10 wrote:

Voidmatrix
#17 Posted : 5/20/2022 1:53:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

brokedownpalace10 wrote:
I was primarily pointing out a very common practice of "going under the radar" on forums.
My last sentence was said jokingly, but it was also to point out that it is intriguing to find a lady who shares an interest that you are passionate about.

Sunnyside wrote:
I am not arguing.

brokedownpalace10 wrote:

Very happy oh the woes of text based communications.

While I saw the last comment as a joke that also highlighted the lackluster perspective of many men with the idea of they can't help it, which is really a cop-out to having self control, I can understand how Sunnyside saw it as well.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

dragonrider
#18 Posted : 5/20/2022 4:04:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

brokedownpalace10 wrote:

Sunnyside wrote:
I am not arguing.

brokedownpalace10 wrote:

Don't worry about it.

Ofcourse we all need to be sensitive to what is appropriate behaviour and what isn't. Especially now we live in a time where attitudes just happen to be changing a lot. But there's no need to be oversensitive, because we're all human and everyone can make a mistake sometimes or say something that gets misinterpreted.

What it all comes down to, i think, is respect and empathy. If we all behave in a respectfull and empathetic way, then all these little misunderstandings are eventually just water under the bridge.

And if sometimes it's just not that clear whether something is out of line or not: i would say that as long as we are willing to, there is always a way to resolve those issues.

But if we want to be inclusive and sensitive to other people's feelings, i think it is innevitable that we sometimes will just have these awkward little misunderstandings like we had here.