CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Greetings to All. Options

emong
#1 Posted : 1/11/2022 2:37:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings Friends:

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as a new member in this forum.

I have been lurking on and off the DMT-Nexus for the last five years or so; observing and learning as much as possible the topics that this community so generously makes available. The amount of work and dedication that so many of you have put into pursuing knowledge of DMT, as well as other psychedelics, is truly an amazing accomplishment. Respect for true to all of you!

Deciding to register and becoming a new member was quite a big step for me: the choices I have made in my life and the nature and geography of my work has made me unfamiliar with the forum environment and social interaction through the use of computers; I ask that you be patient with me as I try and grasp the basics of interaction through this unfamiliar medium.

The main reason why, in the end, I did take the step to join was reading the attitude page. Since I have learned much from this site, I felt a powerful resonance with the statement that it was appropriate to try and contribute back.

My physical remoteness makes it difficult to find people with similar interests in the real world and I cannot think of anybody around me with whom I would be able to discuss psychedelic experiences or finer points of chemistry techniques. Discussion of issues with integration of positive or negative experiences would be very difficult. The time feels right to let myself open up a bit and not be scared to talk about these topics that have had such a powerful and decisive effect on my life with others.

I hope that I will be able to contribute something useful to all of you as you have already shared so much with me without realising it.

Kind regards and respect.

Vi veri vniversvm vivvs vici.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 1/11/2022 5:30:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Hello emong, and welcome Very happy

What sparked your interest with DMT?

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

emong
#3 Posted : 1/11/2022 6:23:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Hello emong, and welcome Very happy

What sparked your interest with DMT?

One love

Hello Voidmatrix:

Thank you for reading my first post, this is the first time I have been on a forum of any kind, and getting your first reply has a certain excitement associated with it.

My path to DMT started in the '90s when I was (and still am) very interested in all plants that have been used for spiritual goals and to "expand consciousness." Since young I have been searching for what is on the other side of our consensus reality, wondering what more there is to our ordinary life dictated by other people who have had the fortune to acquire wealth and power and make the rules by which the rest of us ordinary folk must live by.

My goal became to collect and grow as many of these plants as I could, along with many other more traditional medicinal plants; acquire some land and establish a medicinal garden of sorts. The natural consequence of collecting and growing is of course, to partake and try and learn whatever there is to learn.

The start of my journey towards DMT started after I was fortunate to encounter some LSD. The experience opened my eyes and showed me that yes, there is more to life and I wasn't going to die of boredom trying to play a power and money game for the rest of my life. Having a more self-sufficient mind set quickly moved me to substances and alkaloids which I could procure myself without reliance on outside sources and their attendant complications. Mushrooms, cannabis, baby woodrose and kratom came next and after discovering an avid interest in organic chemistry and its subset of extraction chemistry, DMT was the natural road I followed.

I will admit that I rarely partake; most of my joy comes from growing plants and being in their presence. There is a very calm and positive meditative state that can be reached by just spending time with the plants, where much can be learned without having to ingest anything. I find that I benefit the most from infrequent usage of actual chemicals, say maybe a few times a year, to reset and break out of the rut that life and human behaviour naturally/unconsciously drops us into or to reconnect with that unknowable force out there who helps us live in a more balanced way.

I hope that this answers your question.

roninsina
#4 Posted : 1/12/2022 2:50:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome emong!

Nice technique and much respect to your ayurvedic teachers.

Voidmatrix wrote:
I’m laid up with Covid

Oh no, man! I hope you kick it’s ass! Aside from totally hammering it with antioxidants, sublingual osha root tincture did wonders for me, especially when having a hard time breathing. Good Luck!

Edit: oops Embarrased meant to post this on emong’s maceration technique thread.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

emong
#5 Posted : 1/12/2022 11:42:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

roninsina wrote:
Welcome emong!

Nice technique and much respect to your ayurvedic teachers.

Voidmatrix wrote:
I’m laid up with Covid

Oh no, man! I hope you kick it’s ass! Aside from totally hammering it with antioxidants, sublingual osha root tincture did wonders for me, especially when having a hard time breathing. Good Luck!

Edit: oops Embarrased meant to post this on emong’s maceration technique thread.

Hello roninsina:

Thank you for your kind words. And also good vibes to Voidmatrix for a swift recovery.

I show my illiteracy when I sheepishly admit that you can click on an avatar and it brings up a person's profile. Embarrased Oh yeah, and these are smileys Rolling eyes Duh...my computer is still set up on black screen...

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 1/13/2022 1:05:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Have you had a psychedelic experience with just cannabis? I'd always known that it had this capacity but didn't encounter it until the middle of last year. It's now a regular part of my meditation practice.

I grow cannabis commercially for a living so definitely understand the sentiment of finding that calm state when in their presence for long periods of time.

And thank you both. It's definitely impacted my cognition but am just riding it out. So with that, I bid you farewell and another welcome Smile

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

emong
#7 Posted : 1/13/2022 2:26:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Very beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Have you had a psychedelic experience with just cannabis? I'd always known that it had this capacity but didn't encounter it until the middle of last year. It's now a regular part of my meditation practice.

I grow cannabis commercially for a living so definitely understand the sentiment of finding that calm state when in their presence for long periods of time.

And thank you both. It's definitely impacted my cognition but am just riding it out. So with that, I bid you farewell and another welcome Smile

One love

Hello Voidmatrix:

I hope that you are feeling better.

To answer your question: yes, I have had numerous psychedelic experiences with just cannabis. My association with this beautiful plant has spanned more than 25 years now. In my younger days, I used it with a lot less intention, attention and care and there was a time for a couple of years where I would say that I was bordering on abuse. Fortunately, I worked through the problems I was having at the time with the support of my partner and we managed to turn my abuse back into a healthy and learning relationship.

An important catalyst to changing the relationship back into positive terms was being able to have a complete psychedelic experience just with the cannabis itself. Obviously, I still had to recognize, admit, explore and change the fundamental poor mental state and behavioural patterns that I was engaging in with it but once I started doing this, the whole nature of the experience changed for me.

I found that by undertaking a more mindful approach in preparation of cannabis for smoking set me up to be more receptive to going deeper into the psychedelic realm. I undertook a ritualized approach of growing the plant through its life-cycle, caring for it as a sacred thing and once the harvest and drying stages were completed, I would prepare the smoking material with careful, repeated water treatments until, in the end, all that was left was essentially resin on a washed out, cellulose base. Naturally, this potentiated the strength compared to the original material, made the smoke much, much smoother and removed many of the other compounds (which while lovely in their own right) can interfere with achieving a higher state (in my opinion).

At this stage, I would carefully weigh out the exact amount of cannabis that I had decided to use; prepare myself in front of my alter, undertake my initial mediation and then proceed to smoke all of dose I had decided on in one go (which ranged from just 0.5 gram up to 10 grams); after which I would return into my meditative state. Within a few minutes, I would then experience a similar (but not the same, obviously) healing space that is reached on mushrooms, along with undulating and morphing visuals which again, similar to mushrooms but unique and with their own flavour. This deep state would last from 2 to 4 hours for me. I also liked that as I would come down, ending the experience and sleeping was much easier then when taking other psychedelics like mushrooms or LSD which keep me awake and stimulated for hours after the main plateau has passed.

This plant has so much power to give us if we take the time to use it as a psychedelic on the same level as mushrooms, mescaline and DMT rather than just as a go to I'm bored...smoke everyday...stoned again and again...just another day...sort of drug. In same ways cannabis is much more forgiving than the other psychedelics because it will let you use it all day, everyday; the other psychedelics do not lend themselves to continuous usage in this way. This, unfortunately, hides its true potential from people, who usually decide to use it in a much more casual way and never realise that it has much greater depths than they can imagine.

Anyway, this is my opinion and I hope that I have answered your question.

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 1/15/2022 2:02:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Our experiences have some similarities. It was in a guide-work intensive in which I first came across these experiences. Ritualizing the event seems to be pretty paramount in achieving the desired psychedelic effect. While I will occasionally engage in a several hour journey, I most often use cannabis to augment my meditations. While I still use it daily, I too have moved away from more abusive types of use since my youth. It's generally an intentional use surrounding one function or another, such as easing of anxiety (I prefer CBD heavy strains for this), to more fluid thinking, to sleep. And I agree that this plant has a hidden potential that we have just touched the surface on. The nonchalant use I feel is one item in the blockade that prevents the majority of users from noticing this since largely, many people want to be sedated.

One love

emong
#9 Posted : 1/15/2022 2:02:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Our experiences have some similarities. It was in a guide-work intensive in which I first came across these experiences. Ritualizing the event seems to be pretty paramount in achieving the desired psychedelic effect. While I will occasionally engage in a several hour journey, I most often use cannabis to augment my meditations. While I still use it daily, I too have moved away from more abusive types of use since my youth. It's generally an intentional use surrounding one function or another, such as easing of anxiety (I prefer CBD heavy strains for this), to more fluid thinking, to sleep. And I agree that this plant has a hidden potential that we have just touched the surface on. The nonchalant use I feel is one item in the blockade that prevents the majority of users from noticing this since largely, many people want to be sedated.

One love

Greetings Voidmatrix:

Is it not interesting that while we may all be separated by time and distance in an universe which is, for practical purposes, infinite; that our environments and upbringings are also unique; that we have free choice and are able to do what we pretty much damn please; and yet when we take the time to talk together and listen to each other's stories, there are so many similarities in the general flow of our lives?

dragonrider
#10 Posted : 1/15/2022 6:39:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi emong, and welcome to the DMT nexus.

I have simmilar experiences with cannabis as you and voidmatrix. When i was younger my use was definately habitual. But i have had some experiences with it that i wouldn't just call psychedelic, but very profound and deeply spiritual as well.

I only use it orally these days, and i always approach it as a psychedelic, rather than a purely recreational drug. For me it is realy something for special occasions.

It is not one of the most powerfull substances out there, but i personally find it's effects much more profound than those of a substance like ketamine for instance. It touches me on a deeper level, i get much more out of it, and it has the potential to make you connect or to completely saturate you with what you're doing.
It can make you feel totally saturated with the music that you are listening to, with the nature surrounding you, the friendships you have with people, or the activities you enjoy.

It's an amazing and beautiful plant indeed.

Voidmatrix
#11 Posted : 1/15/2022 6:51:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

emong wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

One love

Greetings Voidmatrix:

Is it not interesting that while we may all be separated by time and distance in an universe which is, for practical purposes, infinite; that our environments and upbringings are also unique; that we have free choice and are able to do what we pretty much damn please; and yet when we take the time to talk together and listen to each other's stories, there are so many similarities in the general flow of our lives?

My view of this is paradoxical, because I do indeed find that interesting as well as beautiful, inspiring a kind of hope for the world we live in), but upon certain considerations find it unsurprising Smile

dragonrider wrote:
I have simmilar experiences with cannabis as you and voidmatrix. When i was younger my use was definately habitual. But i have had some experiences with it that i wouldn't just call psychedelic, but very profound and deeply spiritual as well.

I couldn't agree more. And it's easier to use more often without a downgrade in effect.

One love

emong
#12 Posted : 1/15/2022 7:19:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
Hi emong, and welcome to the DMT nexus.

I only use it orally these days, and i always approach it as a psychedelic, rather than a purely recreational drug. For me it is realy something for special occasions.

It is not one of the most powerfull substances out there, but i personally find it's effects much more profound than those of a substance like ketamine for instance. It touches me on a deeper level, i get much more out of it, and it has the potential to make you connect or to completely saturate you with what you're doing.
It can make you feel totally saturated with the music that you are listening to, with the nature surrounding you, the friendships you have with people, or the activities you enjoy.

It's an amazing and beautiful plant indeed.

Greetings dragonrider:

Thank you for replying and weighing in.

The circumstances of my own life have made it difficult for me to talk to others about these experiences so I never had the opportunity to hear what others had to say, other than the very vocal, superficial views and enthusiasm of those who have just started on the psychedelic path and want to tell everybody who will listen how wonderful they are but are unable to go any deeper because they just need to live a bit longer and gain more experience.

To quote Voidmatrix:

Voidmatrix wrote:
My view of this is paradoxical, because I do indeed find that interesting as well as beautiful, inspiring a kind of hope for the world we live in), but upon certain considerations find it unsurprising

Since joining the Nexus and reading what others have to say, I am in agreement with Voidmatrix, it does inspire hope for the world we live in and at the same time it is unsurprising!

And I agree with you, dragonrider, it is an amazing and wonderful plant (as they all are)!

Tomtegubbe
#13 Posted : 1/15/2022 7:43:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:

Thank you for this reflection. Cannabis was extremely significant on my psychedelic path for quite a while. I intentionally went through continuous bad trips to overcome my fear and I did do the work.

I recognize now that I don't have the proper respect for the plant at the moment and I must build that.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

null24
#14 Posted : 1/16/2022 1:09:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm glad you found a place to talk about and share your thoughts and experiences. I think it is important to have a place to talk about these things, that people in our lives may not be open to, interested in, or worse. Welcome. You have my utter respect for your beautiful garden pics elsewhere on the forum!Thumbs up I have always wanted to be able to grow plants like you are on land I live on. A Witch's Garden, so to speak. One day!

Cannabis is pretty misunderstood as a "psychedelic" plant, I think. Many people, even regular users, are surprised and even balk at hearing that term applied to it. I am at a loss to understand why, my first mind-expanding experiences were with weed, and some of them were pretty out there. Now, 40 years later almost, I still have the same kind of experiences with it- if that is what I seek and I am not using it in a habitual fashion. The thing about weed is that it is truly forgiving and molds iteslf to what the person using it wants. Calling it one thing is misleading, because one person may use it to relax, another to numb, another to explore, another to pray, but it can indeed do all those things.

I am with you guys, its not out of the bounds of reason to easily have a very psychedelic experience in every sense of the word with weed.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

emong
#15 Posted : 1/16/2022 1:12:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:
I recognize now that I don't have the proper respect for the plant at the moment and I must build that.

Greetings Tomtegubbe:

Thank you for your comment.

As you probably know, the one of the first steps is recognition, so I am sure now that you have made this realisation you will be able to further develop a deeper and more healing relationship with this plant.

954kevin
#16 Posted : 3/12/2023 2:52:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am new to the forum, but want to welcome you all the same. I have enjoyed reading your posts and their replies. As an older gentleman, I have vast experience with many psychedelics ranging from entertainment as the end to true introspective enlightenment. Unfortunately even abuse at times. Your words about living on opposite sides of the world with hugely different upbringings, yet living lives so closely intertwined by other means resonate with me. I am reminded that we are all more connected than we sometimes realize throughout our day to day lives. I know we don't know one another, but reading your posts have given me a small sense of connection, even from this side of the planet. Smile