CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
defat Acacia Courtii leaves? Options

rupi
#1 Posted : 1/14/2022 9:28:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all, first time poster here Crying or very sad

In the past I've used the Invocacia Method (except with freeze precipitation) with Acacia Courtii leaves with ok results, but I think the Courtii is quite oily (I'm getting a lot of orange goo + crystals). I'm about to have another run, and I want to try and defat the dry leaf powder before I start.

After reading The Lazy Mans Guide to Extracting MHRB, I'm thinking of trying the Dry Defat without Acid or Water - where you do couple of naphtha washes to the dry plant material before starting with the H2O boil.

Has anyone has tried this with Acacia leaves instead of MHRB? How did it effect the results? Would you reccomend?

I'm little worried I will pull goodness out, or ruin the leaf matter before I start.

I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance that a non-polar solvent can't pull goodness straight from plant material, and that it won't mess with the H2O + Citric Acid boil.

Cheers!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

brokedownpalace10
#2 Posted : 10/23/2023 9:15:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

rupi wrote:

In the past I've used the Invocacia Method (except with freeze precipitation) with Acacia Courtii leaves with ok results, but I think the Courtii is quite oily (I'm getting a lot of orange goo + crystals). I'm about to have another run, and I want to try and defat the dry leaf powder before I start.

After reading The Lazy Mans Guide to Extracting MHRB, I'm thinking of trying the Dry Defat without Acid or Water - where you do couple of naphtha washes to the dry plant material before starting with the H2O boil.

Has anyone has tried this with Acacia leaves instead of MHRB? How did it effect the results? Would you reccomend?

I'm little worried I will pull goodness out, or ruin the leaf matter before I start.

I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance that a non-polar solvent can't pull goodness straight from plant material, and that it won't mess with the H2O + Citric Acid boil.

Cheers!

Where did you find The Lazy Mans Guide to Extracting MHRB, or procedures on a dry defat?

_Trip_
#3 Posted : 10/23/2023 9:20:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Defatting during acid step will be fine, however dmt especially in acacia likes forming dmt polymers which will form a goo despite the fact it's still dmt. What I'm saying is you may still get goo despite defatting and it may not necessarily be plant fats.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

brokedownpalace10
#4 Posted : 10/23/2023 11:33:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
Defatting during acid step will be fine, however dmt especially in acacia likes forming dmt polymers which will form a goo despite the fact it's still dmt. What I'm saying is you may still get goo despite defatting and it may not necessarily be plant fats.

Will defatting remove any DMT goo?

_Trip_
#5 Posted : 10/23/2023 11:41:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Potentially, it could create an environment where it is easier for the dmt to crystalise. But you wont lose dmt when deffating in the acid phase.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

-Groot-
#6 Posted : 1/3/2024 12:18:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

rupi wrote:

Cheers!

This defat method works well with acacia phyllodes, with no loss of goodness.