We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Losing virginity... Time to pop the DMT cherry... First extraction Options

El Ka Bong
#21 Posted : 2/8/2008 5:07:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great EZ4u' - I saw the other thread ! But you mentioned a 1.35% yeild wow ! You had really good bark powder or it's just a little high ...

Unusually high yeilds (like the 2% tale we heard about) are a sign of contamination - I thought 1% was already very good, but much higher was 'suspect'. Anyone else know the MAX yeild from MHRB - each tree will vary .!?

I wish I had a fancy spectrometer to analyze things ! But when I see a film of scummy white powder in swim's tray, that does not crystalize with dmt shards and yellow oily crystals, I think it's NaOH, pure lye that has setteled out. This scummy-looking yeild made for bad launches, and tasted different.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

adrian89987
#22 Posted : 2/8/2008 5:39:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So are you just completely against straight to base techniques? Or is it only the amounts of lye people are instructed to use?

Because I'm thinking that the majority of these don't use enough water but use too much lye to compensate which I think I've seen you mention. An extraction was just started, using 250 grams of bark, but this time I'm trying 3 Liters of water. Measuring the pH as I went I added less than 100 grams of NaOH in the end, which is way way way less than I've seen most teks suggesting. This gave me a pH of around 13. The mix is quite liquid and emulsions settle out right away. I definitely agree that There is too much lye being used in some of these teks, but I definitely don't believe that A/B is the higher path.

PREV12