We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Lemon essential oil in Syrian rue tea ? Options

The Sofa Traveler
#1 Posted : 5/23/2022 8:16:19 AM

Give me a snake otherwise I'll smash a crocodile

Hi Nexians ! I'm lately on Syrian rue tea explorations (with aerosolized spice). It is known that harmalas can bring a more or less strong feeling of nausea depending on the case. I also read that lemon essential oil has anti-nausea properties. So my question is : what about adding a drop or two of lemon essential oil in the Syrian rue tea ? Would it be better to consume the drops later, separately, only if needed ? Has anybody already tried this ? Is it efficient ? Are there potentially dangerous interactions between harmalas and lemon essential oil ? Thanks for your help, any advice on this subject (harmalas + essential oils) welcome Pleased
Humanity has invented gods, the reverse remains to be proven.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Tomtegubbe
#2 Posted : 5/23/2022 2:02:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Best way is to put them in a capsule. Another way is to use it transdermaly to chest and armpits. Taking deep breaths from the bottle is also an option.

I avoid getting it into my mouth because the taste accompanied with the nausea from the brew make trigger the purga (and that's probably what one wants to avoid with the oil).

Weed is good antiemetic, you need just a hint. Sometimes just a good slow breath from the vaporizer is enough, even if there is little to no weed. Avoid getting stoned because that combined with DMT can bring about paranoia. Once you are more experienced you can experiment with that if you like.

Also, bringing the focus again and again to the slow breath in and slow breath out helps to overcome the nausea. The more you use harmalas, the more tolerant you will become to the effects of nausea.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 5/23/2022 2:07:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Augmentation of this recipe may be helpful as well.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

The Sofa Traveler
#4 Posted : 5/23/2022 2:51:27 PM

Thanks for your quick answers mates Pleased

Tomtegubbe wrote:
Best way is to put them in a capsule. Another way is to use it transdermaly to chest and armpits. Taking deep breaths from the bottle is also an option.

I don't have capsules for the moment... the transdermaly and deep breathing ROAs look cool though, in your opinion will they be as efficient as ingesting ? Especially, the deep breathing seems to me very convenient. I keep this option in mind.

Tomtegubbe wrote:
I avoid getting it into my mouth because the taste accompanied with the nausea from the brew make trigger the purga (and that's probably what one wants to avoid with the oil).

Instead of adding the drops directly in the tea I also had in mind to put the drops on a half sugar and eating it. Maybe be it's worth trying as I have no capsules.

Tomtegubbe wrote:
Weed is good antiemetic, you need just a hint. Sometimes just a good slow breath from the vaporizer is enough, even if there is little to no weed. Avoid getting stoned because that combined with DMT can bring about paranoia. Once you are more experienced you can experiment with that if you like.

Weed is an essential travel companion to me. I've been a heavy smoker for over 30 years, I'm one of those who can't get enough of weed with psychedelics Smile However, even weed antiemetic properties sometimes seem slightly insufficient to me, that's why I would like to add another (or many other) ingredients to help dissipate nausea.

Voidmatrix wrote:
Augmentation of this recipe may be helpful as well.

Thank you i missed this post, the recipe looks cool and accessible. Gonna check further Smile

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 5/23/2022 4:19:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I like substituting ginger juice for ginger syrup. Seems to settle my gut more. I've also noticed that lemon balm helps with nausea and is a regular part of my nightly rue ritual.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Tomtegubbe
#6 Posted : 5/23/2022 4:31:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Sofa Traveler wrote:
Thanks for your quick answers mates Pleased

Tomtegubbe wrote:

I don't have capsules for the moment... the transdermaly and deep breathing ROAs look cool though, in your opinion will they be as efficient as ingesting ?

Nothing beats the capsules! It was game changer for me when I got the tip from here. Nowadays I notice that I need a little nausea in order to notice that the DMT has kicked in, so I keep the capsules at hand, but don't take them right away.

You could try improvising something. Pouring about ten drops to a tiny piece of paper and wrapping that into cigarette paper as a "bomb". I don't know if it will taste any better, but ingestion is really the most efficient method. Try to get hold of some capsules!
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

The Sofa Traveler
#7 Posted : 5/23/2022 5:14:17 PM

Tomtegubbe wrote:
You could try improvising something. Pouring about ten drops to a tiny piece of paper and wrapping that into cigarette paper as a "bomb". I don't know if it will taste any better, but ingestion is really the most efficient method. Try to get hold of some capsules!

Well, I suspected the ingestion to be the most efficient ROA for essential oils, hence my original idea of mixing the drops directly into the tea. Instead, and while waiting to find the capsules, I will try a few drops on a sugar or maybe on a teaspoon of honey. Thanks for the advice Pleased

CosmicLion
#8 Posted : 5/23/2022 5:22:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes it can help quite a bit! works great!

Cool
-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-

The Sofa Traveler
#9 Posted : 5/23/2022 5:22:37 PM

I forgot a question : how long will the anti-emetic/anti-nausea action of lemon essential oil drops last ? Long enough for a 5/6 hours harmaled session or would there be a need for redrop ?

CosmicLion
#10 Posted : 5/23/2022 5:23:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Sofa Traveler,

Check out the post of The Secret Alchemist Club Anti-Nausea Shot.... https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=77370

Also be sure to look at reply #11 there for the simplified version.

Basically a fresh-from-juicer ginger juice shot, mixed with Lemon and Peppermint essential oils.

If you don't have a juicer, you can finely chop or shred/grate some fresh ginger, and toss it in the blender with a tiny bit of water, blend it well, then strain it through a cloth. Then add the oils.

Works wonders.

Thumbs up

CosmicLion
#11 Posted : 5/23/2022 5:29:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Updated working link: The Secret Alchemist Club Anti-Nausea Shot

The Sofa Traveler
#12 Posted : 5/23/2022 5:48:30 PM

CosmicLion wrote:
Check out the post of The Secret Alchemist Club Anti-Nausea Shot.... https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=77370

Also be sure to look at reply #11 there for the simplified version.

Basically a fresh-from-juicer ginger juice shot, mixed with Lemon and Peppermint essential oils.

If you don't have a juicer, you can finely chop or shred/grate some fresh ginger, and toss it in the blender with a tiny bit of water, blend it well, then strain it through a cloth. Then add the oils.

Hi CosmicLion, thanks for your answer ! Voidmatrix already shared this thread few posts above Pleased From what I understood, ginger's aim is mostly to reduce gut discomfort, right ? Anyway, I'll probably try the whole recipe (and variants) from The Secret Alchemist Club but for the moment I'm more focused on the emetic/nausea aspect, as I don't especially feel gut discomfort (it only happened to me once, when I was very careless on the diet).

CosmicLion
#13 Posted : 5/23/2022 5:54:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It was actually made for nausea, all the components, including ginger, can help immensely with nausea.

The intended purpose of the formulation was to reduce or eliminate nausea from consuming things like Rue, Caapi, Harmalas, Mushrooms, Cactus, Ayahuasca, etc...

Thumbs up

CosmicLion
#14 Posted : 5/23/2022 5:57:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also, rue is cheap. It doesn't need to be a thick over-boiled brew... which ultimately causes more nausea.

There is good info there about roasting rue too, in the oven. Lightly roasted, even darker roasted...

Then brewing the seed chunks much like Coffee...

You would have to experiment to find the right amount to use, but the roasting, as well as the lighter shorter brewing methods, combined with using seed chunks vs finely ground seed powder, leads to a much less nauseating tea... albeit you may need to use more seeds this way as you are not doing a "full water extract tea" but Rue is inexpensive, and the trade-off is a much better tasting less-nauseating way of consuming rue

Smile

-CL Thumbs up

CosmicLion
#15 Posted : 5/23/2022 6:04:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is a Nexus post about roasted rue:

Roasted Syrian Rue Tea

The Sofa Traveler
#16 Posted : 5/23/2022 6:07:39 PM

Yep I know what you mean. The fact is that for the moment I have no juicer nor blender, so the ginger part of the recipe will probably wait a bit. I will probably first try lemon essential oil drops only, then I will go later for more elaborate things =) Thanks for all the advices that's cool !

CosmicLion
#17 Posted : 5/23/2022 6:10:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Sofa Traveler wrote:
The fact is that for the moment I have no juicer nor blender, so the ginger part of the recipe will probably wait a bit.!

Even finely chopping + shredding a good bit of ginger and using a little bit of water to brew it as a tea works great...

Although one of the 2 main compounds in ginger is not water soluble, the parts that are, still provide a very strong anti-nausea component...

Laughing

CosmicLion
#18 Posted : 5/23/2022 6:16:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also, if you are hardcore, you can just chew it and macerate it with your teeth.

I do this before group Ayahuasca ceremonies... I take about 2-3 inches of ginger root, cut/peeler the skin off... then chop it into a few marble sized chunks...

Then just chew it for like 10 minutes, using my teeth to hold in the pulp while I swallow the juice... repeating a few times, then spitting out the pulp when finished.

It's definitely spicy... but it really really helps with the nausea Smile

Love

The Sofa Traveler
#19 Posted : 5/23/2022 6:20:08 PM

CosmicLion wrote:
Also, rue is cheap.

Hmm, depends where you live... Unfortunately, I live in one of the few countries where Rue is illegal/forbidden (France). Ordering 'big' quantities (at decent price) is quite risky and complicated... and yet I would love to have a kilo delivered to my doorstep Big grin

CosmicLion
#20 Posted : 5/23/2022 6:27:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Sofa Traveler wrote:
CosmicLion wrote:
Also, rue is cheap.

Hmm, depends where you live... Unfortunately, I live in one of the few countries where Rue is illegal/forbidden (France). Ordering 'big' quantities (at decent price) is quite risky and complicated... and yet I would love to have a kilo delivered to my doorstep Big grin

In that roasted rue link, the OP talks about using 5g of dark-roasted rue being a "strong" dose... So it's not really wasting that much rue, as 3-5 grams is pretty standard for a dosage.

Even for MAO Inhibition, I'll cook up 3.5g to 4g of whole chunky seed rue with simmering water on the stove for only 10-15 minutes... one time... and it works great and is not nearly as nauseating as doing the the 3 separate long boils, combining them, and reducing them into a nausea inducing rue sludge.

Anyway, just hope some of these tips help. Rue is very sacred and powerful and has immense health benefits, both in the brain, and the body, and for fighting + preventing a range of cancers too.

Plus it is a great, more-enlightening alternative to intoxicants.... especially as a replacement for alcohol, which some people have a problem with. A regular Rue-drinking routine can have a lot of positive effects, i've seen it change people's lives, they get off prescription psychiatric medication, etc... even using small/micro doses of it 1-2 times a day Smile

Love

12NEXT