We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
True E mesh convection !. and ceramic health stone .. Options

starway7
#41 Posted : 10/6/2022 3:23:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Woolmer wrote:
I managed to fine-tune this method. I also realized as you mentioned before Starway that it is necessary to have extra mesh layers to prevent any dmt from dripping directly onto the bottom heater mesh. This was previously causing me to burn a lot of dmt.

I cut 3 or 4 circles of mesh the circumference of the atomizer and fit them near the top of the atomizer. I also made a small indent/basket in the center of them for the dmt to pool.

A three-way glass adapter is placed over the top of the atomizer to allow some space for cooling to occur. I am also using that same stock wotofo profile mesh that you mentioned as a heater.

The air holes are all kept closed, and the atomizer is fired at 25-30w without any inhalation for about 10-20 seconds. The side end of the glass adapter is kept closed with my finger. I can see looking down the glass adapter the vapour is pooling and once it is very thick only then do I inhale. I open the side end of the glass adapter while inhaling to allow for some more cooling.

Looks great Woolmer!

You said...[[The air holes are all kept closed?]

you cant close off all intake air holes... if you did ...you couldent take a hit...

I normally layer the.. FINER.. mesh [ss 316 mesh ] on top of the standard pipe screen on bottom because it holds and lockes the product in place nicely...

you dont have to cut the fine mesh corners..you can just bend the tips of the corners over to fit on top of the thicker base screen in tubbing..

The layers of finer mesh hold the product fused into it.. untill you are ready to use it..

[the finer layers of mesh prevent drip down and lock product into screen....

This is nice and convient!... after breifly melting product onto the fine screen... the product stays in place even if your outdoors on a windy day...

Have you noticed the quality difference of convection vapor.. compaired to conduction...

to me convection seems ..lighter ...cleaner...usually never burns..depending on dosage...
The come up is serious even at 15mgs!... atleast at the lower dosages.. it seems to comes on like a gentle summer breese...

I still havent tryed 25 or 30mgs of convection yet... because the 12 to 15 mg experiance is quite nice...i imagine 20 to thirty mgs of convection vapor...[held in long enough]...might be a breakthrough for many!

UPDATE! .... Thumbs up 12/9/2022...was trying to use a different type of home made wire coil but it had performance problems ..[uneven heat]..

So i went back to....WOTOFO ..18.ohm [mesh coil] .. 45 to 65 watt power range..and i even lowered the wattage to ...[my record low setting].. ..[of only 40 watts]...pressed the fire button and counted to three... then took a slow hit...and a thick tastless vapor filled my bubbler!
And effects were surprisingly strong!

[[WOTOFO mesh coils.. rated up to 80 watts are also available..]]

These WOTOFO mesh coils kick butt!!... so far they are the best choice for this convection EMESH!

[With WOTOfO MESH COILS..AVOID BENDING COIL [MAKING SHARP CREASES IN MESH!] ... this can shorten the life of the mesh coils! When installing coil gentle bends ok ..But no sharp creases!

This system.. ..may posibly? .. work ok with dry herbs?... if set up right...

pictured below ... show 10 packs of mesh coils...

recent test...!...smooth ..clean.. unburnt.. convection vapor!... using a lower setting of only 40 watts! .. with these mesh coils...it may work with a little lower wattage? Big grin

new update...12/18/2022
adjusting the product chamber...
In ...[photos .. 1 and 3]].below....the chamber is pushed up too far from heating coil...more than 1/4 inch..

Adjust the screen chamber a little closer to the heating mesh..[i set mine about in the middle of 1/4 inch and my [convection vaper].. became lighter tastless [like breathing air]... but very effective ..

If chamber is too close to heating coil it will still vaporize... but... [even hot air can get a little too hot for the molecule.. being too close can cause a bitter taste in vapor..

so just [fine adjust] ..the distance between the heating mesh and chamber untill you find the sweet spot for true convection vapor...[the adjusting will be done in fine increments..within a 1/4 inch space above the heating mesh..

[i think there is a spot.. [ chamber spacing] .. where the convection vapor is much more user friendly and gentle plus very efective...

Ive found..when this adjustment is found... the vapor is more like fresh air.. almost no taste..but effective..

use a pen to slide the chamber up or down in the copper tubbing to adjust spacing..very easy..

[[the bottom two pictures shows how easy you can adjust the screen chamber to any distance in copper tubbing....]]

[in second photo below.... the chamber is set a bit too high above the heat mesh...its at a little more than 1/4 inch above the heat mesh...]

for my pipe...I adjusted it to ...[one half of that distance]... above the heating mesh..and got better quality convection vapor...

Note!
[always hit fire button a couple times and..[pre melt]...and lock product into.......
[chamber screens]...[or stainless wet pad]..... before taking hit...this avoids pulling raw product into mouth or bubbler! ... I mentioned this in earlyer posts..

if using solid material like ..seeds...leaf.. or stems...use moulded screen cap..[or bubbler].. to trap particles]... when taking hit.... [talked about in earlier posts above]

update.[12/22/2022.....![just discovered a bit more space above heater mesh should produce cleaner vapor!

...........FORGET THE 1/4 inch spacing rule!! [talked about in above posts!]... just discovered a bit more spacing produces cleaner tastless vapor..!!Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

some photos below...

https://youtu.be/TMy_mYkwl4M......

https://youtu.be/GknwOu8C_B0.......
starway7 attached the following image(s):
DSC00533.JPG (2,676kb) downloaded 843 time(s).
DSC00536.JPG (2,406kb) downloaded 817 time(s).
DSC00540.JPG (2,323kb) downloaded 822 time(s).
DSC00541.JPG (2,427kb) downloaded 819 time(s).
DSC00515.JPG (2,258kb) downloaded 816 time(s).
DSC00510.JPG (2,390kb) downloaded 816 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Woolmer
#42 Posted : 10/11/2022 7:56:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Convection changa!

I placed ~5 mg of freebase harmine/harmaline mix on top mesh and then melted about 7 mg of dmt on top of them. Inhaled slowly at 40 watts until a vapour was formed, and then I inhaled faster. This produced a really strong experience, trip lasting ~20 min with after effects up to an hour. No harshness at all. Still finding the ideal settings as this took two hits to clear.

starway7
#43 Posted : 12/22/2022 3:13:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This surprised me....i never thought this would work...but found out... [twice now in a row]... if you want the most ..freindly ...clean.. ..gentle convection purity possible ...and near tastless efective vapor.. from this vaporizer....

Set the chamber to new setting .....set chamber.. closer to [1/2 inch above the heating mesh] !!!Thumbs up .....[45 watts]...push fire button ..count to 3 or 4..then take a slow long drag!

The vapor was the lightest ..cleanest..tastless vapor ever experianced yet from this vape..!!

the effects may vary some for different reasons....wattage...air intake...speed of draw....but ive found close to... but just under... 1/2 inch spacing..is improving my vapor quality using my mod in wattage mode..

So the old rule of setting the chamber within 1/4 inch above heating mesh.....
[ even though 1/4 inch spacing works ok]....

I have now changed my chamber spacing to a .. wider spacing .. setting chamber closer to 1/2 inch above heating mesh..

[just use the WOTOFO mesh coils] for best results......

Im finding a greater distance from heater seems to produces better vapor quality!

this vapor was more like breathing fresh air! ...it was...softest ..lightest..

tastless..vapor..yet from this vape !

There was a ..friendly ..gentleness ..the way it came on!..atleast from a very small 6mg of product!.....I can only try to imagine what 20 or 30 mgs will be like...

I remember using my old ..and .expensive .[plenty desk top vape] .. with same product...and although it took close to three minutes of pre heating to work... the vapor that it produced.. was super light ..and clean..and very effective..very similar to the vapor im getting from This E mesh vape..now that i increased the ...chamber /heater.. spacing some..

The E mesh convection vape..only takes seconds to produce the same quality of vapor... if chamber is spaced at the right distance above mesh heater ... and draw is slow and long..!

so a little bit greater distance from heater mesh seems to produce better vapor quality!

my posts on this vaporizer ..starting from page one above.....have been a ..
...trial and error.... effort.. to slowly improve and target better quality ... healthyer convection vapor...

putting chamber somewhere within 1/4 inch..and ... within 1/2 inch spacing... above the mesh heater booth work .. in my opinion...ive experianced the best vapor closer to... but just under.. 1/2 inch spacing...

.....This vape uses 100 percent.....HOT AIR ONLY!!... to vaporize product...Thumbs up
[crystals oils and waxes]

there are 4 factors .. [air intake adjustment]...[slow or fast pull]...[distance of chamber from heating coil].....[temperature or wattage setting]... also product purity matters ...

This vape is very adjustable...there are so many choices to adjust this vape untill best vapor is found..

caution!
[With WOTOfO MESH COILS..AVOID BENDING COIL [MAKING SHARP CREASES IN MESH!] this can shorten the life of the mesh ! When installing coil gentle bends ok ..But no sharp creases!

https://youtu.be/UVJ6KLiw3ic
DSC00543.JPG (2,746kb) downloaded 744 time(s).
DSC00536.JPG (2,406kb) downloaded 742 time(s).
DSC00548.JPG (2,384kb) downloaded 741 time(s).
DSC00549.JPG (2,362kb) downloaded 743 time(s).
DSC00446.JPG (2,884kb) downloaded 741 time(s).
DSC00447.JPG (2,854kb) downloaded 744 time(s).
DSC00404.JPG (2,118kb) downloaded 731 time(s).
DSC00405.JPG (2,153kb) downloaded 730 time(s).
DSC00406.JPG (2,204kb) downloaded 730 time(s).
DSC00409.JPG (2,243kb) downloaded 730 time(s).
DSC00410.JPG (2,362kb) downloaded 730 time(s).
DSC00411.JPG (2,353kb) downloaded 731 time(s).
DSC00416.JPG (2,418kb) downloaded 729 time(s).
DSC00417.JPG (2,419kb) downloaded 725 time(s).
DSC00418.JPG (2,241kb) downloaded 728 time(s).
DSC00421.JPG (2,418kb) downloaded 732 time(s).

starway7
#44 Posted : 1/12/2023 4:28:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The convection E Mesh system seems to work great!

and this vape can be used for more than just spice..

build yourself one you may like it...Thumbs up

downwardsfromzero
#45 Posted : 1/12/2023 6:58:11 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

starway7 wrote:

Lost for words?

Great guide, btw. The pictorials are most helpful.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

starway7
#46 Posted : 2/24/2023 3:12:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A little update on the hi speed convection vape...

Taking this idea from the.. S/B plenty vaporizer improvement..and trying it on the convection E mesh and it seems to improve the vapor quality and possibly allowing a more compleate vaporization of product dosage...

The idea is simply to .[ restrict the air flow] ..[just right]... by using a peice of ..[volcano wet pad] or [compress some stainless scrubber]... and place in the updraft tube .. some where above the product chamber to slow down air flow enough to prevent heat loss and..increase more compleat vaporization..

Its up to you how much you should slow down the air flow..[trial and error]..to find the best air flow adjustment..

Ive done a little test already with the plenty vape.... .[and now with the convection e mesh.and find it improves the convection vapor quality..and alowing for more compleat vaporization of the dose...

may want to try ..restricting the air flow.. just a little ..

https://youtu.be/Qs8F1a04rHY

https://youtu.be/mSu3xGmB-i0
DSC00060.JPG (2,573kb) downloaded 639 time(s).
DSC00061.JPG (2,738kb) downloaded 634 time(s).
DSC00062.JPG (2,692kb) downloaded 633 time(s).
DSC00064.JPG (2,734kb) downloaded 631 time(s).
DSC00065.JPG (2,574kb) downloaded 630 time(s).
DSC00068.JPG (2,595kb) downloaded 632 time(s).
DSC00069.JPG (2,653kb) downloaded 629 time(s).
DSC00070.JPG (2,539kb) downloaded 628 time(s).
DSC00072.JPG (2,442kb) downloaded 624 time(s).
DSC00074.JPG (2,485kb) downloaded 624 time(s).
DSC00075.JPG (2,467kb) downloaded 568 time(s).

Toshido
#47 Posted : 2/24/2023 6:04:32 AM

Research & Development

I feel like I've spent more time researching how to vape dmt properly than I have learning how to extract dmt itself. The ROA for this substance has been quite frustrating. I applaud your efforts and have been following this thread closely since it's inception. It's highly referred to whenever anyone has any eMesh questions.

From all my extractions I'm still messing around with the sandwich method because I'm still waiting on drip tip adaptors from the fastest shipping country on the globe. That's my attempt at sarcasm btw.

I'm almost ready to start researching the machine or the GVG at this point.

Anyways I'm rambling, thanks starway7 for this incredibly detailed breakdown. You're doing the Universe's work right here and I love it.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

starway7
#48 Posted : 3/2/2023 3:07:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

update...Idea tested!!....3/1/2023..
a little improvement for the high speed convection vaporizer...
the method above of [ restricting the airflow]] ..[above the ..product chamber]...seemed to work quite well!

restricting the airflow just right! ....a little..above chamber...slows heat loss..and is better than just taking a slow draw only...

The added ..[restriction]...and the slow draw.. seem to work together to improve vapor quality .. and experiance!
.... the light was compleatly vaporized...in one hit..!

[the compressed stainless pad] ... keeps the heat on the product longer..and if set right ...very nice clean .. [earth shaking]..convection vapor is the result!

defenantly...catching up with the S/B plentys vapor quality!Very happy

https://youtu.be/fW9_NDR6z1I............ jethro tull...benifit

https://youtu.be/ukgraQ-xkp4............ court of the crimson king

https://youtu.be/88b0OYxdtyM ....... battle of evermore..

https://youtu.be/iXQUu5Dti4g........... stairway to heaven

starway7
#49 Posted : 4/5/2023 3:22:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As a result of this ongoing effort to build a safer and better pipe ..thats good to the user and good to the molecule...

Swim has tested a new version for convection vaping...

like the last version...this version also produces high speed convection vapor! and may have some small advantages over the first model...

Using a mini lab beaker style water pipe.. using this glass mini pipe adds a vapor cooling bubbler to the E mesh convection vapor system...

Swim tested this pipe and the vapor is ultra tastless and pure convection...!

it works with a tiny amount of product..without waste... or a larger amount equally well

[[ i expect the larger dose of product carries a heavy wallop! .. be care full with dosage!]]

The ..[chamber screen stop] .. made the same way high speed E mesh chamber in posts above is made...

Swim really likes this little pipe...you simply use your mod aplying clean heat.... upside down/45degree... to vaporize the product..take a slow hit and the... [hot air only]...from the heating mesh gets pulled through the screens holding the product producing cleaner convection vapor!

[ no nasty flame soot.. or combusted gasses to inhale!]

the heating mesh doesnt touch the product...is spaced less than 1/2 inch above product..

One has the freedom ..[using mod]... to turn up or down the wattage for best vapor results!

glass pipe also has a glass herbal smoking bowl..if your using herbal material...

system works with any bong...and wattage adjustable mod !

this cleaner heating method.. may even work for .. vapor Genie .. shurlock pipes... as long as the heating end of mod fits over the chamber bowl properly!

[see in photos below.. the way .. my mod fits over chamber bowl...

[stainless heating mesh] ... spaced ..[a safe distance above product ] .. in photo below]

If using a.. bong/bubbler..i think using ...distilled purified.. water.. might be the healthiest safest choice......

[.compaired to treated tap water]

.... only used 1/2inch of water in bubbler ..

....update...swims friend had to try the new convection pipe ...

at only 30 watts... he took a slow pull and was.. pleasently surprised!... at the vapor quality...never seen vapor this light and pure..

[it will probibly work well at 35watts or higher] ....

The light was so tastless...but very effective...no harshness at all! like a breath of fresh air!

swim thinks ..[the vapor].. from this pipe may be the highest quality yet!

For ..[[100 percent convection vapor!]] .. [for... oils...crystals...waxes]... this water pipe...using an E mesh mod].. was as good or better than many fancy electronic pipes on the market..

If you want to keep the clean tastless vapor... i would keep it only for the molecule or one type of product ...if anything is combusted through it... you will have to change the water .. and clean the pipe...[[mouth peice and all] which isnt that hard... just run hot water through the glass pipe and mouth peice...[clean screen stop in alcohol] then run hot water through it..let it all dry.. [use clean purified water in bubbler] ..avoid tap water if you can..

Please! ...stay away from combustion and be safer!

vaporizing ..rue seed..or cappi leaf... does not stink up the pipe as bad as combustion can!

Also.. if vaporizing...ive discovered that its important if mixing... rue seed...or cappi leaf...with the molecule..that one must find the right ratios..[ballence].. of the two or the vaped rue seed will over power the molecule and reduce open or closed eye visuals...

Still though...a higher ratio of rue seed can be a nice experaince..as rue is the door..and the molecule is the key to open it...
Even A small dose of molecule..with a larger dose of rue.... the molecule will activate the whole experiance

and create a super relaxed experiance once lying on back..and any movement of the hands can be a trip in itself..
Swim remembers...once lying on back..after vaping a higher amount of rue..and lower amount of molecule...

The molecule ..[being the key].. activated the whole experiance! mixed with rue!..as while lying on back swim raised two hands resting elbows on bed and very quickly an invisable lead blanket gently rolled over the entire body from head to toe!

With two raised hands he twirled his fingers in a circular motion and found this enjoyable!

Then swim alowed booth raised hands to fall limp at the wrist..wow!.. was this a trip he thought...

In his super relaxed state..it was like something turned on the pleasure switch in the brain!... the feeling in his hands and arms changed..as the hands felt very far away..and the dementions of his hands and arms..[to the albow].. were about [2 feet long]...but were preceived as being barely 5 inches long!..and it felt that his arms and hands were very far away...

This feeling of ..far away distorted body parts..is much like a sudden sepperation of the mind or soul from the physical body!

This physical seperation is much like what the mind goes through as it is close to entering a dream...lucid dream..or an OBE!

Using the..[ key in the rue door]..even at low doses vaped..caused this to happen to swim..

So it appears that a little more rue with a small 6 to 8 mgs of molecule can cause more of a pleasant physical trip with less eye candy open or closed..but still a trip in its own way!

I think if one wants more ..eye candy.. with eyes open or closed...they must adjust the ratios of... rue and molecule...or cappi leaf and molecule...to a higher amount of molecule..

This is something swim says he wants to try...Smile hope this makes sense...

Anyone who copies this pipe i think will be very pleased...!Thumbs up

update...4/23/2023

as read in chapter...Swim continued more vaping experiments.. [using glass pipe method pictured below ]..and found dropping down as low as .......25 watts!! ..[using pure light only].. is even more gentle on the molecule.... and pays out with more rewarding convection experiance.. at less than ..8 mgs.. of product...

and thats pretty good!... concidering it takes at least 20 watts.. .. for ..
...E mesh conduction vaping.. is good.... but down side is it often burns some of the product...Wink

Note!...[[this convection system].. is almost as fast as the origional [[conduction E mesh system]]
..[conduction e mesh]...takes a little over one second after pushing the fire button...but often burns some of the product..

Note..[[This convection system]]..[using glass pipe with mod]... is almost as fast!..... it takes about ..2 seconds!.. after pushing button for good clean convection vapor! this vapor is usually tastless effective and clean...

in chapter.. swim also warns to ...[pay attention [and adjust]... how much out side air is flowing into bowl.. when taking a hit]

because too much air... will prevent proper vaporization...

Swim ..[taped off]..[blocked off]... all his outside air vent holes in mod.. because more than enough air is flowing into pipe through ..unsealed ... [mod /bowl] connection...

Then .. adjust wattage...25/30/40..or higher... untill you find the wattage that works best without over heating the product...the lower the vape temperature..the easier on product..

swim suspects...Wut? ... to make convection ..very very fast!... may need to use higher wattage ... to get convection vapor to explode very quickly.. and compleatly vape all of product.. ..
like you get from ...conduction devices....[minus the burn]..but.. not shure if convection vaping...[although close in speed] .. can match the vaporizing speed of conduction vaporizers? ... may give it a try with higher wattages..

[this pipe works well with .. [conduction].. butane lighter method.....

./or ..[electronic convection]... hot air heating .. method...

update...5/8/2023
this page reads]....that after swim re tested vape..found that although it would vape at lower wattages fairly well ..lower wattages below 30watts..sometimes would not compleatly vape the whole dose...

Swim found..that.. 30 watts and above... would vape most.. [if not all the dose] fairly quickly!... but try to avoid over heating product!!..[its trial and error!]...[space the heating mesh and product chamber the right distance apart]..

[update! ..this chapter goes on as swim continues testing the vaporizer..As It reads in book..
To set mod at 45 and 50 watts .. performance is equal to using a flame!
set to 45 watts..push fire button...count three seconds...[while still holding fire button down]..take pull.. this produces instant thick convection vapor!..[clears most or all of product].. .. ususing glass pipe ...Thumbs up

[ Swim normally puts heating mesh about ..1/4 inch.. above product chamber] ... take a slow long draw]... .try to find the right ballence of.. hot air/and outside air.. for clean convection! and positive experiance.. Pleased when you find this convection ballence.. even low dosages under 10mgs can be a positive relaxed experiance...Thumbs up

this chapter goes on to say.. swim wants to try ... [yellow ..or.. jungle ].. because of its past reputation of being potent and more visual and warmer experiance .

[[when forming ..[stainless bowl screen]...[using glass bowl as a form]....for first..[ base screen].....use ..corser /thicker.. bendable pipe screen..to hold its shape...then place on top of base screen.. much finer screen cut to size..
Then push ..pre formed formed stainless screen bowl..into glass bowl to right depth...

One or two layers of finer screen...to prevent product melting and falling through too quickly as it heats up..

The instructions to.. [form].. make /...your own bowl chamber screen layers are available in above posts with pictures..

go to....older posts above... [[convection perfection..easy top load]] .....with unit using copper tubbing..see instructions..for making your own... chamber screen...

NOTE.. ..With mod..[swim also found using a glass bowl... [with a...[fairly fine].. a stainless steel bowl screen]..will prevent.... [atomizer short message on mod] from appearing and shutting off mod temporarily]

[ With mod... do not use ..[all metal bowl].. [the atomizer may shut off] and display .....
.[atomizer short message]!

to be continued.,..

5/25/2023
swim trys ... using battery mod......with glass pipe below..set at...45 watts..50 watts ..pretty good!.....55 watts..little better!....

then first hold fire button down 3 seconds at 60 watts .. continue holding fire button and take hit!...suddenly every thing instantly exploded into thick ...convection vapor..! and used up whole dose ...just like a torch lighter!! or ..origional E MESH.. conduction performance.. and did hit hard.... dont think it burned the product...

so the extra heat performed better.. [for electronic convection vapor]...as all the dose vaped instantly! the little glass pipe in below photos performed .. wickedly Twisted Evil .. at that wattage!

thinking...[if the outside air going into glass pipe bowl was ..reduced more ......
.[by having a more ..[air tight]... heater to bowl connection]... a lower wattage ....
[45 or 50 watts..or lower....]...likley would have worked as well as the 60 watt setting...]

https://youtu.be/Qs8F1a04rHY

https://youtu.be/KjGXnSdVwCY

DSC00096.JPG (2,352kb) downloaded 526 time(s).
DSC00098.JPG (2,182kb) downloaded 528 time(s).
DSC00097.JPG (2,472kb) downloaded 525 time(s).
DSC00099.JPG (2,383kb) downloaded 526 time(s).
DSC00108.JPG (2,863kb) downloaded 526 time(s).
DSC00109.JPG (2,812kb) downloaded 527 time(s).
DSC00103.JPG (2,199kb) downloaded 525 time(s).
DSC00100.JPG (2,229kb) downloaded 524 time(s).
DSC00104.JPG (2,409kb) downloaded 524 time(s).
DSC00105.JPG (2,462kb) downloaded 524 time(s).
DSC00114.JPG (2,385kb) downloaded 432 time(s).

murklan
#50 Posted : 5/10/2023 12:34:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi!

I love the creativity and engineering from you starway7! How ever I found this that might be ready to go from the start? neo_quickstart
If you got quite a bit of money to spare...

starway7
#51 Posted : 5/10/2023 7:54:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

murklan wrote:
Hi!

I love the creativity and engineering from you starway7! How ever I found this that might be ready to go from the start? neo_quickstart
If you got quite a bit of money to spare...

...interesting looking device..

Looks similar to ..easy top load e mesh idea...[the use of hot air]...it apears like its for herbs...

looks like its using heating coils..im using heating mesh..i think.. mesh gives a more even heat than coils..

probibly would work ok for crystals waxes oils..if it has temp control..

Im dealing with ..crystal... wax ..or oils..they are a bit easier to vape..

In video it looked like the herbs got a little hot..as it had a darkened area on it..

probibly not cheap...like my do it yourself device..

Thanks for heads up!Thumbs up

starway7
#52 Posted : 5/13/2023 2:33:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Photos below i call .... [The poor mans water pipe]...can be used with or without water..
..air tight connections......could make an effective changa pipe!

made from small glass jar and some cheap hardware...

[[find .. two .. thin brass or steel.... [lamp nuts]... at hareware store...]]

is duel purpose pipe... will work great with ..torch lighter .. for conduction vapor...

Switch bowl to a glass bowl...then heat with E Mesh mod..for ....for convection vapor

never used yet..should work great! . conduction or convection!Thumbs up

https://youtu.be/lku1fP-LszI

Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
In a world of magnets and miracles
Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary
The ringing of the division bell had begun

Along the Long Road and on down the Causeway
Do they still meet there by the Cut

There was a ragged band that followed in our footsteps
Running before times took our dreams away
Leaving the myriad small creatures trying to tie us to the ground
To a life consumed by slow decay

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
When friends surrounded
The nights of wonder

Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us
To a glimpse of how green it was on the other side
Steps taken forwards but sleepwalking back again
Dragged by the force of some in a tide
At a higher altitude with flag unfurled
We reached the dizzy heights of that dreamed of world

Encumbered forever by desire and ambition
There's a hunger still unsatisfied
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon
Though down this road we've been so many times

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
The taste was sweeter
The nights of wonder
With friends surrounded
The dawn mist glowing
The water flowing
The endless river

Forever and ever
DSC00131.JPG (2,600kb) downloaded 252 time(s).
DSC00132.JPG (2,452kb) downloaded 251 time(s).
DSC00134.JPG (2,495kb) downloaded 251 time(s).
DSC00136.JPG (2,862kb) downloaded 239 time(s).
DSC00137.JPG (2,665kb) downloaded 237 time(s).
DSC00138.JPG (2,730kb) downloaded 235 time(s).
DSC00139.JPG (2,582kb) downloaded 234 time(s).
DSC00140.JPG (2,490kb) downloaded 234 time(s).
DSC00141.JPG (2,457kb) downloaded 234 time(s).
DSC00147.JPG (2,648kb) downloaded 233 time(s).
DSC00148.JPG (2,513kb) downloaded 234 time(s).
DSC00149.JPG (2,478kb) downloaded 234 time(s).
DSC00150.JPG (2,402kb) downloaded 213 time(s).
DSC00153.JPG (2,445kb) downloaded 211 time(s).
DSC00154.JPG (2,527kb) downloaded 210 time(s).
DSC00156.JPG (2,587kb) downloaded 210 time(s).
DSC00165.JPG (2,715kb) downloaded 202 time(s).
DSC00164.JPG (2,702kb) downloaded 202 time(s).
DSC00163.JPG (2,360kb) downloaded 201 time(s).
DSC00161.JPG (2,358kb) downloaded 201 time(s).
DSC00160.JPG (2,189kb) downloaded 204 time(s).
DSC00168.JPG (2,374kb) downloaded 193 time(s).
DSC00174.JPG (2,461kb) downloaded 189 time(s).

Ruffles
#53 Posted : 5/19/2023 10:24:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I suggest using silica based wicks on the emesh and a silica based wick to dab the magic on. Heat will distribute slowly through the heating wick touching the resistance, and also slowly on the dabbed wick. Give it a shot. It works on bongs too.

this used to be a thing in ecigs, silica wicks, now cotton took over completely.

starway7
#54 Posted : 5/19/2023 11:05:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ruffles wrote:
I suggest using silica based wicks on the emesh and a silica based wick to dab the magic on. Heat will distribute slowly through the heating wick touching the resistance, and also slowly on the dabbed wick. Give it a shot. It works on bongs too.

this used to be a thing in ecigs, silica wicks, now cotton took over completely.

Thanks for reply... but my pipes do not use...[[ wicks.. or .. PG/VG]] ...

If you read more of my posts ... you will see my pipes ....vape only pure product...

dont see any need for a carrier.....

https://youtu.be/cqZc7ZQURMs

Ruffles
#55 Posted : 5/20/2023 2:19:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Your designs are cool man.

The sílica wick is a thing of its own. It's like glass cotton. It holds liquids well, so it can hold the materials that will melt before vaping. It is safe to heat. And on top of an emesh it disperses the heat from source more evenly to the air passing thru it. Just a thought.

starway7
#56 Posted : 5/20/2023 2:54:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ruffles wrote:
Your designs are cool man.

The sílica wick is a thing of its own. It's like glass cotton. It holds liquids well, so it can hold the materials that will melt before vaping. It is safe to heat. And on top of an emesh it disperses the heat from source more evenly to the air passing thru it. Just a thought.

Im shure this wick method is a very effective method...

I just dry vape .....without E liquids...Thanks again for reply...Thumbs up

https://youtu.be/TKZVUtvjBdM

watch full screen..

https://youtu.be/prBaZzYmQrI

starway7
#57 Posted : 5/28/2023 9:26:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is a live test using the glass convection /mod ] test

using two ...very tiny drops.. of PG/VG oil...

push fire button ..then count... 3 seconds,..then take a hit...

Was also tryed with ..real organic product ..the convection vapor was 10 times thicker!Thumbs up almost too much..

note...i set my mod at 60 watts..[ higher heat]... only because... the mod heating head and the glass bowl.. were only loosley joined together..[as you can see in video clip]...[allowing too much outside air into bowl] lowering the vape temperature..

I countered the extra cool air problem.. by raising the wattage up....
If one can find a way to make the... mod head]..and glass bowl [join together tighter] more closer to... ...air tight...then you can drop the wattage to /...35 or 45 watts..and still get just as good results.
The top of the mod has little holes intended for outside air to enter...and too much outside air interfears with convection vaping process.

note...using...[similar glass pipe in picture]...always keep the electronic heating mesh [at least... 1/4 inch or less.... above the product to be vaped...using hot air from mesh only...

if you want convection vapor....never let the heating mesh touch the product...

Blood on the tracks..
https://youtu.be/g1nOgCEjs4w

White Bird..
https://youtu.be/ScFBqyAN8Bw

starway7
#58 Posted : 6/3/2023 2:35:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

update on heater mesh for convection vaping...

I did post in earlier post... that the ..WOTFO MESH ...was best choice..but later found that the ..WOTOFO. mesh...although very hot running mesh...was also ...[TOO BRITTEL].......
.[and probibly too hot].. ...and the ..smallest crack or bend or crease in mesh]... would cause the mesh to crack all the way across after heating].. causing a disconnect of power...

.....[the WOTOFO mesh was origionally intended for use with E Juices using a cotton wick ]...

In my opinion.. I now find the old favorite ...[vandy vape SS316L..200mesh..will work just as well... and like any mesh..eventually will burn out.. But will last longer than the Brittel very hot WOToFO!.. without premature cracking ...

[the two mesh types... [WOTOFO and Vandy Vape].. have different ohms rateings ]... witch may have an effect ..good or bad?...on how it treats the molecule during vapeing...

[if you observe the vandy vape mesh at 50 watts.....[it has a ..soft ..even .. orange glow]...Thumbs up

[looking at the WOTOFO mesh at 50 watts...it appears very bright.. and looks like its on fire..! Shocked

In my opinion.. the finer wolven vandy vape... SS316L mesh.. puts out a more [gentle and even heat] than the coarser more brittel hotter running WOTOFO mesh!

you can also cut the vandy vape mesh to size.. and loop a larger heating area that will throw a more.. [EVEN].. heat on product to be vaped..

[the more even and gentle the heat is on molecule]...the closer the vapor quality is.. to

what the more expensive ...convection desk top units put out..Thumbs up

[using glass pipe...in post above... vandy vape 316L mesh was used] after drinking caapi leaf tea first on near empty stomach ...and only 10mg convection vaped sp ...... ...
[was a kind experiance!].... not a hint of anxiety...the caapi leaf smoothed out any roughness from the sp with a hint of THH.....nice 40 plus minutes of closed eye visuals and relaxation like being on a cloud..!

These are just my ideas...If anyone reading this.. has more ideas to improve the convection unit...

PLEASE POST THEM!Thumbs up

Any vandy vape stainless mesh...[5 foot rolls of fairly fine mesh]...simmilar to the 316L above is a little wider.. and the better choice for vaping ..[oils...waxes..crystals] for convection vapor.... just get a roll of vandy vape mesh!...Thumbs up

https://youtu.be/BE4oz2u6OHY
children ..watch full screen

https://youtu.be/fFyC68CIEio
must see in full screen.... a trip to infinity..
DSC00187.JPG (2,629kb) downloaded 741 time(s).
DSC00186.JPG (2,308kb) downloaded 740 time(s).
DSC00188.JPG (2,510kb) downloaded 736 time(s).

starway7
#59 Posted : 6/15/2023 5:13:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim trys another test using glass pipe with electronic E MESH heater.. [for convection vapor]

concidering the... bowl/heater connection is not air tight ..[as seen in video clip below]..it was set it at 60 watts to counter the extra outside air getting in to bowl..

This time swim trys setting the mod wattage .. from 60 ..to 65 watts .. and trys vaping what appears to be an ... ALMOST EMPTY BOWL!...

The extra 5 watts pulled vapor out of the near empty bowl.. was shockingly potent!!.. convection vapor!

The vapor hit surprisingly hard!

So ...it appears that... [for convection vapor.. ..[with E MESH HEATER.. ..the higher the temperature...[Without burning product]... the more and faster it vapes product..and the harder it hits!

[something about the speed of vaporization?./. [without burning product].. that makes effect more potent??

this is..very simmilar to the performance of origional ..conduction... E Mesh!

So.....Pleased ..At higher wattage.. [ making up for extra air getting in]..the closer the electronic vape

can preform like a ..flame fired pipe!...[only much cleaner better tasting convection vapor]

mods are great..for their ability to easily change wattage!

please Note ...that most portable convection vaporizers ...on the market...are in fact hybrid!!, with only a few exceptions. That's because real convection requires transferring hot air through the chamber, and only a few portable vaporizers will not directly heat up the chamber to speed up the process.Jun 1, 2023

https://youtu.be/gNVqRC4mcSI.....
the box is full of miserable creatures. watch full screen

https://youtu.be/Kp1paRWGYPY... less than human. full screen.

https://youtu.be/VASywEuqFd8...
are you lost in the world like me?... full screen.

starway7
#60 Posted : 7/8/2023 9:02:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

update..6/ 18/2023

Swim trys another vape test using same... empty looking glass bowl..

At 65 watts..even more vapor comes!.. it hit with very effective nice...
[ head space.. buzz ...Smile[must lay down]..it was low dose... but very strong low dose!

Swim Must have left small traces of product in bowl.. from earlier vape tests..using lower wattages!

Again....this proves too much outside air.... going into bowl demands a higher wattage setting!

Still learning.. to find the right air/heat...ballence...

https://youtu.be/EcEI-nD4_oM

MUST SEE!. ...big boom... in Full screen.. DUST.

PREV1234NEXT