We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Psst, Loveall, It Works... Options

Voidmatrix
#21 Posted : 6/5/2022 1:36:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Check in:

It was fortuitous that I procrastinated. I let the jar of the mock test solvent sit in my freezer for a few weeks, periodically checking. Over time, some itty-bitty white solids could be view floating in the solvent. I pulled the rest of the DMT out of the mini A/B and will now do another to clean it of the plastic particles in question.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Voidmatrix
#22 Posted : 3/22/2023 12:03:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voids feeling worrisome again Laughing maybe it's the flu.

Several months ago I proceeded with an extraction using a different solvent than my usual naphtha. Unfortunately, this solvent had a antitrust agent in it, which made me feel unsafe about trying to smoalk any of it. Following a recommendation (thanks loveall and dreamer), I back salted and re-extracted the DMT. Because I had some other DMT to re-x, I decided to re-x this batch as well.

During the first evap cycle, I noticed a dark reddish oil like liquid precipitating and floating in the solvent. During freeze precipitation, the reddish oil sank to the bottom of the dish and settled.

I performed two more recrystalizations. The picture shows some discoloration, that under normal circumstances I would just shrug off, but given the nature of the original solvents used, would like a little feedback before I decide to enjoy this.

One love
Voidmatrix attached the following image(s):
20230321_175210.jpg (3,829kb) downloaded 79 time(s).
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Jees
#23 Posted : 3/22/2023 7:00:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Voidmatrix,

hard to say. IIRC there could be some activated carbon wash somewhere in the process? If that would help against that antirust traces concern idk Embarrased

downwardsfromzero
#24 Posted : 3/22/2023 9:49:06 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Voidmatrix wrote:
this solvent had a antitrust agent

Are you worried your product may give you the urge to start pursuing the following activities:

prohibiting agreements or practices that restrict free trading and competition between business. This includes in particular the repression of free trade caused by cartels.

banning abusive behavior by a firm dominating a market, or anti-competitive practices that tend to lead to such a dominant position. Practices controlled in this way may include predatory pricing, tying, price gouging, and refusal to deal.

supervising the mergers and acquisitions of large corporations, including some joint ventures. Transactions that are considered to threaten the competitive process can be prohibited altogether, or approved subject to "remedies" such as an obligation to divest part of the merged business or to offer licenses or access to facilities to enable other businesses to continue competing.

You might want to be wary of your competitive MAO inhibitors....
And if you get the urge to get into competition law after a test ride, definitely do another re-x Laughing

Or a mini A/B should do the trick.

An important question would be, what exactly are the rust inhibitors comprised of? https://en.wikipedia.org...inhibitor#Fuels_industry gives a few options.

If you are not in a position to distill your solvent, it might be a good idea to treat it with active carbon before using it for extractions.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Voidmatrix
#25 Posted : 3/23/2023 12:28:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:
this solvent had a antitrust agent

Are you worried your product may give you the urge to start pursuing the following activities:

prohibiting agreements or practices that restrict free trading and competition between business. This includes in particular the repression of free trade caused by cartels.

banning abusive behavior by a firm dominating a market, or anti-competitive practices that tend to lead to such a dominant position. Practices controlled in this way may include predatory pricing, tying, price gouging, and refusal to deal.

supervising the mergers and acquisitions of large corporations, including some joint ventures. Transactions that are considered to threaten the competitive process can be prohibited altogether, or approved subject to "remedies" such as an obligation to divest part of the merged business or to offer licenses or access to facilities to enable other businesses to continue competing.

You might want to be wary of your competitive MAO inhibitors....
And if you get the urge to get into competition law after a test ride, definitely do another re-x Laughing

Or a mini A/B should do the trick.

An important question would be, what exactly are the rust inhibitors comprised of? https://en.wikipedia.org...inhibitor#Fuels_industry gives a few options.

If you are not in a position to distill your solvent, it might be a good idea to treat it with active carbon before using it for extractions.

Oh, my, thank you so much for making me hate autocorrect that much more. That was great Laughing And yes, I'm too tired to do any of that, so that's what I'm worried about Very happy

The fuel is Crown brand white gas camping fuel. It says that it has a rust inhibitor to prevent rust and corrosion. It evaporate clean from what I recall (otherwise I wouldn't have went forward with the extraction).

I used about 1500ml of distilled water to perform an A/B. It sat until I had other spice to re-x.

I'm thinking that I may be in the clear now, but just wanted to check with those more chemically knowledgeable than myself because seeing the red oily precipitate with the DMT weirded me out.

One love

PREV12