We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Herbal Forum Options

RhythmSpring
#21 Posted : 1/27/2023 2:26:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RoundAbout wrote:
it would make sense to organize them into a sub-forum.

That's all I'm sayin'.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

RhythmSpring
#22 Posted : 1/28/2023 12:15:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I get the sense that this thread has been quite civil, relatively. Ya'll are mature psychonauts!

And I think we can all agree that we don't want this to get political; we can hash out the details when they arise.

I feel like the request for a space to talk about herbs is fairly simple. It is an incredibly huge realm of study, and I feel ties in to what the DMT nexus is about. We talk about admixtures to Ayahuasca all the time, for example this is herbalism. The practice of extracting DMT from plants is, in essence, a practice of herbalism as well.

So why would talking about non-psychoactive plants be taboo?

Because they heal or affect the body, rather than the mind? Even if that distinction were concrete (which we all know isn't--where does the mind end and the body begin? Where IS the mind? etc.), what's the difference, anyway?

Authority (largely patriarchal) has a long history of suppressing "heathen" spirituality, executing witches, crucifying sooth-sayers, etc. We are now, I believe, just beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, with the gradual legalization and normalization of marijuana, psilocybin, ketamine, etc. Why should the body, then, take a back seat? We are gradually reclaiming sovereignty over our spirits and our minds--why let slide the importance of sovereignty over our physical health?

As if there is a clear distinction between physical health and spiritual health... hah!

Anyway. I digress. And I fear that I've strayed into the "political."

~~

Maybe instead of "trip reports," people can write "health reports" about herbs, dietary regimens, lifestyle changes, etc. It's no different from than the "n=1" idea of the trip report.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

PREV12