We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Leo's cubes Options

LeoLey
#1 Posted : 1/20/2022 4:03:21 PM

change is coming

Hello,

Thank you for promoting me to full membership so quickly. Now that I have the ability to post, I wanted to share some of my mushroom grows for the shroom lovers here. All of the images show the same species - Psilocybe cubensis. Will be updating the thread when I grow something interesting.

Enjoy!
LeoLey attached the following image(s):
1. ghost.jpg (1,973kb) downloaded 183 time(s).
2. melmak.jpg (2,315kb) downloaded 182 time(s).
3. averys.jpg (1,910kb) downloaded 184 time(s).
4. pe6.jpg (2,584kb) downloaded 181 time(s).
5. averys.jpg (953kb) downloaded 180 time(s).
6. melmak.jpg (1,069kb) downloaded 178 time(s).
7. yeti.jpg (2,763kb) downloaded 177 time(s).
8. melmak.jpg (1,742kb) downloaded 175 time(s).
9. omni.jpg (3,188kb) downloaded 173 time(s).
Leo

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

JKW
#2 Posted : 1/20/2022 5:16:39 PM

Like a stone in the shoe...

Wow!Thumbs up Shocked

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 1/20/2022 7:58:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome looking Enigma!! Have you got a Tidal Wave print handy?

They all look nice. Welcome to the Nexus.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

LeoLey
#4 Posted : 1/21/2022 5:19:28 AM

change is coming

Thank you both for commenting. Smile

Tony6Strings wrote:
Awesome looking Enigma!! Have you got a Tidal Wave print handy?

In fact the variety shown in the last picture is not Enigma. It is called "Omni", and is a mutation of Melmak OG. Unfortunately I do not have a TW print.
Leo

Tony6Strings
#5 Posted : 1/21/2022 5:43:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Right on man. I'm in the T1 agar stage of my first Melmac grow I love the look of that stuff.

Are the non APE albinos a TAT variant?

olympus mon wrote:

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

LeoLey
#6 Posted : 1/21/2022 7:25:37 AM

change is coming

Good luck with your Melmak grow! They are definitely in my top five favorite varieties. Pretty potent, too.

Here is the variant list from my pics:
1. Ghost Rider (TAT)
2. Melmak R.
3. Avery's Albinos (Albino Cambodians)
4. PE6 (allegedly a cross between texas cubensis and PE)
5. Avery's
6. Melmak R.
7. Yeti (TAT)
8. Melmak R.
9. Omni (Melmak OG mutation)
Leo

null24
#7 Posted : 1/21/2022 3:52:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Whoa!
Those are some mad skills you have there!
I want to know how to do that…
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

JKW
#8 Posted : 1/21/2022 5:35:53 PM

Like a stone in the shoe...

LeoLey wrote:
Good luck with your Melmak grow! They are definitely in my top five favorite varieties. Pretty potent, too.

Here is the variant list from my pics:
1. Ghost Rider (TAT)
2. Melmak R.
3. Avery's Albinos (Albino Cambodians)
4. PE6 (allegedly a cross between texas cubensis and PE)
5. Avery's
6. Melmak R.
7. Yeti (TAT)
8. Melmak R.
9. Omni (Melmak OG mutation)

Shocked I have never heard of any of these.

Tony6Strings
#9 Posted : 1/22/2022 2:51:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Melmac is Homestead Penis Envy. Back in the day, Homestead Book Co sold grow kits. Also it is the home planet of Alf.

Does the R stand for revert?

Is Omni a spore producing mutation, or is it like Enigma (clone/culture only)?
olympus mon wrote:

Dirty T
#10 Posted : 1/22/2022 4:43:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

True Melmac is a PE mutation with translucent spores, they grow to be gigantic and have the attributes of albino mushrooms. I have some Melmac spore solution that I haven't tried yet but am hopeful as the spores cannot be seen without UV lighting.

LeoLey
#11 Posted : 1/22/2022 5:09:31 PM

change is coming

null24 wrote:
Whoa!
Those are some mad skills you have there!
I want to know how to do that…

Thank you. Once you figure out the basics it gets quite simple really. If you are interested I could point you to the TEKs that I have used or maybe post a detailed write-up in the future.

JKW wrote:
Shocked I have never heard of any of these.

Let me tell you what I know Wink

TAT is an albino mutation that stems from unstable Golden Teacher genetics. It was discovered, isolated and stabilized about 4 years ago by Jik Fibs. During one of the early TAT grows interesting phenotype popped up - small, dense fruits with wavy caps. This is how Ghost was born Smile The one in my picture is Ghost Rider, an isolation by Austin Rider. Yeti is a TAT mutation as well.

Now melmac... This one's history is quite mysterious and there seems to be a lot of misinformation surrounding it, like claims that it comes from Terence Mckenna's private collection Rolling eyes

Tony6Strings wrote:
Melmac is Homestead Penis Envy. Back in the day, Homestead Book Co sold grow kits. Also it is the home planet of Alf.

Tony is correct here. Melmac is the original Penis Envy. It was created in the late 1970s, when an amateur mycologist from the PNW named Rich Gee got lucky cloning a mutant cubensis. It was called "Rain Magic #1" back then. When they closed down the shop a guy who calls himself "Alf Longstroke" saved the genetics and renamed it Melmac. The particular isolation from my picture is Melmak Reverted, created by Myco Clay.

Avery's Albinos are an albino mutation of Pilocybe cubensis Cambodia. They were isolated by a guy who goes by "Albinous White". He named them after his daughter, Avery.

PE6 was created by RogerRabbit, a shroomery veteran. He was attempting to create a PE that drops spores. It is said to be a cross between Psilocybe cubensis Texas and Penis Envy but it did not really exhibit any PE traits in my experience.

I am unsure who discovered Omni. All I know is that it is a mutation of Melmak OG.

Tony6Strings wrote:
Is Omni a spore producing mutation, or is it like Enigma (clone/culture only)?

Unlike Engima, Omni often produces "normal" mushrooms which carry spores. Actually, it produces fins, blobs, brains, corals, regular fruitbodies... Hence the name - Omni. Smile Truly fascinating genetics. Here are some more pics of it:
omni (1).jpg (2,307kb) downloaded 97 time(s).
omni (2).jpg (2,977kb) downloaded 97 time(s).
omni (3).jpg (2,547kb) downloaded 97 time(s).
omni (4).jpg (1,907kb) downloaded 98 time(s).
Leo

Tony6Strings
#12 Posted : 1/22/2022 5:14:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dirty T wrote:
True Melmac is a PE mutation with translucent spores, they grow to be gigantic and have the attributes of albino mushrooms. I have some Melmac spore solution that I haven't tried yet but am hopeful as the spores cannot be seen without UV lighting.

Melmac spores are purple/black like any other cube. Being PE genetics, they don't drop spores heavily so need swabbed for collection.

There are albino/luciestic melmac crosses.
olympus mon wrote:

Dirty T
#13 Posted : 1/22/2022 5:17:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been trying to stabilize a mutation of Koh Samui for 2 years now. I have been using a single mycelium culture for 4 years, it took 2 years to make it consistent and reliable and now for the last 2 years I get the occasional mutant tub. When they mutate they take longer to grow and look gnarly and the color of the caps changes noticeably and the effects take on albino attributes. I have tried cloning the mutants to no success, isolating further also has not worked (I have even isolated too far to a monoculture before, they don't produce fruits). It seems there is a genetic break down that occurs after so many g2g generations and that is where the mutation occurs. I am going to continue my work as I feel it is worth it for this unique mushroom variety. Wish me luck.

My Melmac spores are definitely translucent. A funny note is my AA+ drop purple spores but are leucistc as well. The downside to clandestine mycology is a lot of people have come up with varieties over the years and mislabeled them so even though I got my spores from a trusted source I will never know what they are until I grow them out, they could be APE or APER for all I know. I know I recieved them as Melmac.

And yes that is correct, good old snippy RR created PE6 and the characteristics are hit and miss as he doubled the gene pool upon creation where as many varieties shrunk the gene pool resulting in a stable appearance. PE6 is just an unstable variety like KSSS, when you get lucky it's like you hit the jackpot, the main difference is with some varieties there is no "jackpot" to be had.

Tony6Strings
#14 Posted : 1/22/2022 5:18:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Holy cow!! I am fascinated by this Omni!! Very cool!!!
olympus mon wrote:

downwardsfromzero
#15 Posted : 1/22/2022 6:19:22 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Too right, this thread is super interesting - and more than a little inspiring Drool

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

LeoLey
#16 Posted : 2/16/2022 10:03:59 AM

change is coming

Recently I have been mostly growing the Yeti variety. Here are some pictures Smile
yeti (1).jpg (2,184kb) downloaded 54 time(s).
yeti (2).jpg (2,738kb) downloaded 54 time(s).
yeti (3).jpg (2,455kb) downloaded 54 time(s).
yeti (4).jpg (3,310kb) downloaded 54 time(s).
yeti (5).jpg (1,423kb) downloaded 55 time(s).
yeti (6).jpg (2,538kb) downloaded 57 time(s).
Leo

Cheelin
#17 Posted : 2/16/2022 1:00:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lookin good there LL, I love the variety!

Tony6Strings
#18 Posted : 2/16/2022 3:08:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very cool Leo!! Thank you for posting!!
olympus mon wrote:

Voidmatrix
#19 Posted : 2/16/2022 4:07:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Tony6Strings wrote:
Very cool Leo!! Thank you for posting!!

Most definitely a wonderful sight. You and Tony6strings are inspiring Smile

That said, I'll share when fruits begin to show (just inoculated Sunday).

Question for both of you: do you have a preference between use of agar or liquid culture?

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

shroombee
#20 Posted : 2/16/2022 7:08:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Liquid culture is more prone to contamination. It works best for mass production when you need to inoculate a lot of grain. With agar you can see most contaminants so you can toss the agar before inoculating (and wasting) grain.

12NEXT