We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Scientists extract images directly from brain Options

69ron
#21 Posted : 2/10/2010 12:16:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Imagine your wife putting one on you while you're sleeping and recording all your sexual fantasies with other women.

I don't know. I don't like this technology. I think there’s too much danger in it and it should be outlawed (unless used for brain research).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#22 Posted : 2/10/2010 12:24:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lol I think one should be talking to his wife about the relationship and about her insecurities if she's doing these kind of things, because if its not through this technology, the problem is going to be appearing elsewhere Pleased

69ron
#23 Posted : 2/10/2010 1:21:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I love my wife and would never ever cheat on her. She's the best thing in my life, but I always dream of other women. Nearly every dream I've had since I was a boy involves sex with a girl at some point in it.

In my dreams I'm not married and I live in a completely different place, time, with different people, etc. My wife knows I have these kinds of dreams. But if she ever saw them she would FREAK OUT.

It's one thing to talk about dreams, but a very different thing to experience them. My wife would get jealous and even though I've never cheated on her once, and love her more than anything else in the world, I will always have dreams like that. I am a free spirit in the dream world and am normally unaware that I am married in the real world.

Dreams are private and should NOT be viewed by others. God made it that way on purpose. Viewing someone else’s dreams on a regular basis is going to cause a lot of problems between people, especially married people and family members. It's very dangerous.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

benzyme
#24 Posted : 2/10/2010 1:32:28 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

yeah, dreams are off limits; private as the privates.
they are products of an unconscious mind. having others view it is equivalent to being exposed for others to see your junk.

I actively reject anything mandated by the thought police.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Methtical
#25 Posted : 2/10/2010 1:13:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
I love my wife and would never ever cheat on her. She's the best thing in my life, but I always dream of other women. Nearly every dream I've had since I was a boy involves sex with a girl at some point in it.

In my dreams I'm not married and I live in a completely different place, time, with different people, etc. My wife knows I have these kinds of dreams. But if she ever saw them she would FREAK OUT.

It's one thing to talk about dreams, but a very different thing to experience them. My wife would get jealous and even though I've never cheated on her once, and love her more than anything else in the world, I will always have dreams like that. I am a free spirit in the dream world and am normally unaware that I am married in the real world.

Dreams are private and should NOT be viewed by others. God made it that way on purpose. Viewing someone else’s dreams on a regular basis is going to cause a lot of problems between people, especially married people and family members. It's very dangerous.

But why would your wife want to see that kind of thing? You say she knows you have them, so if she did hook you up whilst you were asleep then she would know what to expect. Surely she'd appreciate and understand that you are not in control of what goes whilst you're asleep - it's not like you can be blamed for it?

Then again, women can be complex creatures Confused

Methtical

69ron
#26 Posted : 2/10/2010 8:26:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Methtical wrote:
69ron wrote:

But why would your wife want to see that kind of thing? You say she knows you have them, so if she did hook you up whilst you were asleep then she would know what to expect. Surely she'd appreciate and understand that you are not in control of what goes whilst you're asleep - it's not like you can be blamed for it?

Then again, women can be complex creatures Confused

Methtical

You must not be married. I can't imagine any women appreciating seeing her husband engaging in sexual activity with another woman. She was extremely jealous when she found out I dream about stuff like that. She would lose it if she saw images of it.

I think a tool like this needs very strong restrictions or should be banned completely.

benzyme
#27 Posted : 2/10/2010 9:19:55 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

same here
i'm also married, and my wife would have serious doubts if she saw my dreams.
these sorts of dreams I've had long before I met her.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

amor_fati
#28 Posted : 2/10/2010 9:30:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

And what about your wives' dreams? Come on, now. Realistic expectations (expectations that lust is an unavoidable human trait) and trust (trust that your partner won't go peeping into your dreams or act on lust) are necessary for a healthy marriage, so if this scares you that much, maybe you have a bit of work to do.

sunshineandsmiles
#29 Posted : 2/10/2010 9:34:43 PM

Sol-Id

Perhaps looking into understanding why you dream what you dream would be beneficial? What do these dreams mean?
TIME WILL TELL...

endlessness
#30 Posted : 2/10/2010 9:35:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah thats exactly what I mean, agree completely with you, fati..

69ron
#31 Posted : 2/10/2010 9:50:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They are just dreams. I've had them since I was a small boy. They just mean I have a penis and apparently a sex drive to go along with itSmile

I enjoy the dreams. At the time I'm dreaming I don't know I'm married. But it still bothers my wife. We cannot talk about it without her feeling uncomfortable. The dreams will not go away. My wife viewing them would be a very bad thing for our marriage. I’m sure psychologists would love this. They could make everyone get divorced and have a ton of relationship problems by letting people view each other’s dreams. It would generate a ton of new patients for them.

I would not enjoy seeing a dream where my wife is married to an ex-boyfriend of hers or anything like that. I don't want to know what goes on at that level in her mind. It's none of my business. It's her own private world and should be kept that way. I’m not married to a dream character. So why should I want to know what that dream character does in her own private dream world.

This tool will cause a lot of problems. I don’t think you guys are taking this seriously. Some people dream of killing the president, having sex with everyone, beating up their boss, and doing all sorts of other sick things that they would never ever do in real life. When people are dreaming, they are not themselves. They are a dream character, and sometimes that dream character has personal characteristics that are completely different from the waking person’s characteristics.

In dreams, I’ve done everything under the sun imaginable, from killing someone, to conquering the world, to saving peoples’ lives as a hero, pretty much everything humanly imaginable from one extreme to the next I’ve done in dreams. 90% of what I do in dreams I would never do in real life. It’s like playing a video game. You might be a soldier in a game that murders thousands of innocent lives, but when the game's over, you are not a murderer, you just played one in a game. The same is true in dreams.

You can be a villain in a dream one night, and a hero the next. They say very little about who you actually are. They are nothing more than dreams. Psychologist like to think they mean more but they don’t. If you dream of being Hitler one night and then Ghandi the next, that means nothing of your character in real life. It just means you know about history and enacted the roles in a dream, that’s all.

benzyme
#32 Posted : 2/10/2010 9:56:31 PM

analytical chemist

people try to put so much meaning into dreams, it's ridiculous.
there's no science in it, because the content in dreams can't be systematically reproduced.

anyway, the gov't tried to turn LSD into a mind-control tool... who's to say they won't try to do the same with a device such as this

69ron
#33 Posted : 2/10/2010 10:02:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had dreams about the nature of reality that would totally freak out many people if they saw them, and possibly cause some people mental problems for many years after seeing it. I would not want people seeing them, they bring into question things about reality that should not be viewed by the average person.

If a trained psychologist saw those dreams, he’d probably freak out, quit his job, and never be the same again. I think most of the people on the Nexus would enjoy those dreams, but the average person would be freaked out to the point of panic because of the meaning the dreams have which is not something people are comfortable with. It’s like seeing God. Once you see God, it changes your life forever. Some people can’t handle that and so God doesn’t allow you to see God. Some things are meant for you and only you to see. Dreams are such things.

ibeing897
#34 Posted : 2/10/2010 10:21:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's a fascinating idea to be able to read images from the mind, altered states would be very interesting, in regards dreams I've always found them as practice for daily life, in various abstract forms, I've had dreams whilst dealing with new technical problems, sometimes in the form of nightmares where everything that can go wrong does go wrong.... I quite often have "reality-check" nightmares where if I've been excited about something, like relationships, or even something stupid things like getting a new possession... I will dream about losing or breaking that thing.. then there are other times when the dreams are far more abstract where a kind of story unfolds, using familiar characters from films/literature, there is usually a pretty useful lesson in them, but they are filled with metaphors...

I personally think this is a big part of the drug experience and human culture, our ability to understand new concepts by cross-referencing existing concepts... it would be very far out if you could "review your work", but I suspect there is a reason why our ego seems to erase these experiences from day-to-day conscious experience.... who knows maybe it's a safety thing....

I would welcome experimentation if it was non invasive and of course private, part of me suspects this could have benefits similar to the ibogaine experience, for whatever reason, evolution did not bestow us the ability to review our memories and/or look at them from another perspective...

I will say this, I don't do anything immoral in my dreams, I don't know if it was how I was raised or whatever, but I can't even let my mind go to dark places... and in my dreams it's still my day-to-day personality but somehow magnified in various abstract places/situations. I have had the popular killing someone dream but only accidentally, which I guess is everyone's worst nightmare.
all posts are fictional

amor_fati
#35 Posted : 2/10/2010 10:26:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

All I can say is that unless you plan on blowing up some research institutes or campaigning to outlaw them, you best adapt yourself and your world to handle such technologies.

69ron
#36 Posted : 2/11/2010 1:22:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lbeing789 wrote:
I will say this, I don't do anything immoral in my dreams, I don't know if it was how I was raised or whatever...

I bet you do but your mind blocks them from your waking mind because you might not be able to handle remembering them. This is very common.

Most people do not remember the majority of the dreams they experience, especially troubling dreams. You’re not meant to. If you saw 100% of the dreams you had every night, I think you’d wake up a very disturbed person. Some dreams make no sense at all. Some are horrifying. Some would probably be psychologically damaging to you if you could remember them.

Dreams are not understood in the least. There isn’t a single science that understands the nature of dreams. This tool could help study dreams and I think its good for that, but the military, the police, psychologists, and you and I should be barred from using it. I think a prison term of maybe 50 years is appropriate for anyone using it outside of serious scientists doing brain research with it. I don’t think anyone else should have access to this. I would support a ban on this tool in all areas except for serious scientific research into the mind. Other than that, it’s way too dangerous.

PREV12