We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Foolproof way to vape DMT (Mighty Vaporizer) Options

refringence
#21 Posted : 12/26/2021 9:34:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for this. I'm brand new and was getting pretty anxious reading the wiki and other threads about ROA of freebase. I decided to pull the trigger on the mighty+ after reading this thread since I could use it for other things. Not a single regret!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

aethereon
#22 Posted : 3/13/2022 2:45:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been using the mighty… with 60mg + pinch of changa unable to break through. My stash is ANCIENT and i’m sure some of the potency is gone but finding this thread makes me think about getting that bubbler. Drool I quit vaping/consuming cannabis and after a few sessions of changa/fb I did clean out the cooling unit and it smelled quite ‘spicey’ indeed. Made me feel a bit bad qtip swabbing with iso and throwing all the gunk out but honestly I’ve spent enough years riding the canna train I was like yeah better not be tempted, it was still weed resiney from my prior use. Or else I might find myself once again with a first class ticket Laughing Front and center. Enjoying being able to think more clearly and remember stuff; has it’s benefits Laughing

aethereon
#23 Posted : 4/13/2022 3:10:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I ended up getting the bubbler rig. A ‘short’ bubbler but I think there’d be minimal difference between the long and short pieces.
I must just have some mega psychedelic tolerance going on. I was imagining my new batch with my new rig to be a sure fire ticket into hyperspace. But. Still. No. Breakthrough.
I feel like I’ve come a long way from my weed days, when I had a GVG that I got for spice use but quickly got commandeered by weed habit. The weed habit didn’t really help, even just the thought of inhaling spice while stoned (which generally I was) would set off heart palpitations. It was never the right time. Eventually my GVG shattered from careless packing. Then came the mighty. Which suffered the same existence as the GVG. Thankfully I managed to exit the chronic lifestyle, and dedicated my mighty over to the spice life. But hard as I tried. Breakthroughs eluded me. I thought this spice/changa is old as frick. Must losing potency. Then I read this post and thought well there is another factor, that plastic cooling unit can’t be helping. Even though I’d say it still did an okay job, I mean it wasn’t like I wasn’t feeling something. But yeah… fast forward to past few nights. New rig(bubbler) new supply, changa, spice etc. But. Still. No. Breakthrough.
I had a couple times where I thought I was close but felt like the prospect of going to some 5D world kinda freaked me out at the last second and caused me to "hold back" or "hold on" although how possible is that with the right dosage and technique? ‘Cause I feel like at this point in the game, my technique is pretty good, like Terrence McKenna would say…. You take it in… and in… and in… sometimes before I would run out of breath or maybe exhale a bit too early - I noticed myself do that once with a lungful of spice and thought to myself ‘this isn’t just another weed toke’ and from that point on found myself being more mindful with the inhales.
A couple weeks ago, I was on LSD and decided to do some… had about 30mg in the mighty(this was the old "losing potency stash and the old "inneficient crafty cooling unit"Pleased but on the acid my breath control was superb… and had a profound, sublime experience. As much as intellectually I understand, or like to think I understand "we are not this body/mind we are this awareness" I had a full experience of … existing without this body… I mean somewhere off in the background I could tell I was breathing, and if I really wanted to, could open my eyes… but the feeling of… existence was so surreal, I didn’t want to. I was ‘there.’ I just ‘was.’
On the topic of LSD, I think that might be a lot to do with my problem. I keep reading about people breaking through on like 15mg or so and here I am loading like 60mg of changa and 60mg of spice and still not ‘getting there.’ But this year I’ve done lsd probably more times than I could count on two hands. Have done microdosing of magic mushrooms for probably more days out of the year than I haven’t. While I’m glad to have some newfound tool(the bubbler) which does work nice, I don’t wanna destroy my stash in some fruitless stick and carrot game, gonna take a break from it all for a bit and revisit things when the time feels right.
Whats intersting is the night before the lsd/dmt sublime experience, I did about two times the dose and just had a strange and jarring experience. I wasn’t expecting much the next day with half the material but was in for a real treat. But alas, yesh, can’t be doing lsd all the time haha.
Also one thing I didn’t follow is the whole set the mighty to max temp and inhale. I set to 180 and would stick to that. Burning the spice kinda freaks me out but yeah maybe you’re right maybe the temp isn’t high enough to get it all in one go with the mighty at 180-187 or so (would increase after, in a subsequent hit or two) I figured it’s changa, can take my time with it a bit more. And on that front, should one even be vaping changa? Does that work? Or just a waste. ‘Cause the times I did try burning it, it tasted bad. And also, from experience, it did seem to do "something" just never got me "all the way" and while I’m a bit anxious with the prospect of ‘seeing’ 5d reality and meeting ‘aliens’ or whatever, I’ve also heard not breaking through is actually more ‘difficult’ or ‘disjointed’ of an experience, with one foot in, one foot out. And I can kinda see that too, with the mind going with all its thoughts/judgements and myself just being like… just …observe! Whatever is… let it be! Anyways… thoughts anyone?

Rolinwama
#24 Posted : 4/24/2022 4:42:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

After a lot of trial and error I've came up with some new insights on the combination of spice and mighty.

First insight is that water in the bubbler glass attachment is not needed at all. It seems the air pathway itself is already very effective at cooling down the vapor and easing down the taste. Normal glass attachments made the vapor unbearable to yours truly, but bubbler glass is another story. No water makes it a lot easier to handle and improves effectiveness since water might absorb some goodies from the cloud.

Second insight is that the way you vape the spice in this depends on how much degradation (DMT n-oxide, the yellow waxy oily stuff) there is present in your sample. Good quality white dmt turns into cloud instantly and it's doable to complete in a single toke. In case of degraded DMT it looks like it's another story. It seems the rate of vaporization of the dmt n-oxide is very slow - in fact I've noticed new vapor kept being produced for good 2 minutes or so with mighty turned on at max temp. Maybe this is the reason of the dreaded "lockout" for some? Inefficient vaporization with even slightly degraded spice.

I also did some experiments to see how the spice behaves in the dosing capsule when mighty is warming up. I've left the dosing cap with some spice sprinkled on it open in mighty's chamber and turned it on. I didn't attach anything to the top so I could observe how the spice melts. I also did some smell testing to look for signs of burned spice. Key takeaways are that at around 150 deg C all spice is melted into the liquid pad so you don't have to worry about possibility of inhaling crystals at this point. At around 180 deg C small vape wisp started coming out and at about 200 deg C I noticed a funny smell already, probably some burning started occurring, it was very different from standard spice vape smell. Due to this I believe waiting too long with inhalation is not a good idea. Start the toke between 170-190 deg C, waiting any longer is counterproductive.

Another observation was that the amount of spice in vapor form is very limited inside the dosing cap. What I mean by that is that leaving mighty on at 180 deg C or so for extended duration will not produce additional vapor, there is simply no room for it. Additionally there is very tiny amount of vapor escaping into bubbler glass but it seems that most of the dmt is contained within the dosing cap. It has to be inhaled as soon as possible to make room for new cloud. I made a few tries where I left it on at around 190 deg C and let it sit for minute or so after the temperature was reached. Results were underwhelming.

I think the optimized protocol of consumption is as follows:

1. Set mighty to max temp (210 dec C on my mighty+ unit)
2. At about 180-190 deg C begin a very slow toke. After a lot of trial and error it seems trying to pull the air too fast/too hard is counterproductive. Nice, gentle, slowly paced inhale will do.
3. After exhale go for the second slow toke especially if your dmt is degraded (yellow, waxy) or if you can't take long enough inhale go take it all in at once.

aethereon
#25 Posted : 4/24/2022 6:48:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I think maybe you are right that no water is required... Personally I don't see the need to set it to the max temp - like you said around 200 it starts to get kind of 'funky' and nobody likes burned spice. With a slow enough inhale, the temperature keeps rising. But heck, maybe I'm wrong. I think you have some good observations as well about the 'spice degradation' or having oils in the spice, would indeed affect the vape temperature/rate. I'm pretty sure my old stash was pretty 'degraded' and it was quite yellow to begin with. But this new stuff is pretty clear. I've also tried some jungle spice in there, which seemed to have a good effect.

What is the consensus on vaping changa? I seem to read conflicting reports, some people say that it doesn't really vape the harmalas, other people say it does. I think it seems to work okay but honestly haven't tried 'smoalking' changa in a long time to have some comparison to. I gave it to a friend who put it in their bong and they said it tastes like caca, and didn't do very much.

Also it's kinda funny, I got myself the bubbler attachment. Then almost immediately after caved and bought myself a GVG as well to replace my busted one. Kinda a nice thing to have on hand IMHO, however this one isn't going to get devoted to Cannabis like the other one before. Although, I have tried vaping some wild dagga and indian warrior in it already Surprised BUT for me those were never an 'issue' like the Cannabis was - a la "green bitch" like Graham Hancock called it - not so much cannabis itself, but his relationship with it.

Also, the bubbler does tend to condense some crystal, I can tell after a few rounds there is some gunk in there, but I doubt it's anywhere near as bad as the 'torturous path' of the original plastic mighty/crafty cooling units. But overall, I think that condensation is gonna be unavoidable... unless if we wanna heat up the glass to like 150 degrees and burn our lips as we inhale Wut? But the water certainly won't help, although people do use bongs/dab rigs as well, with great effect. But if we are going for efficiency, probably no water is the ideal. Right now, for me conserving as much as possible would be good. Which probably means, find a way to reduce that 'tolerance' if it can be called that, seems like I can take a break and still find it's not 'getting me there' so not sure if tolerance is the right word Surprised

Rolinwama wrote:
After a lot of trial and error I've came up with some new insights on the combination of spice and mighty.

First insight is that water in the bubbler glass attachment is not needed at all. It seems the air pathway itself is already very effective at cooling down the vapor and easing down the taste. Normal glass attachments made the vapor unbearable to yours truly, but bubbler glass is another story. No water makes it a lot easier to handle and improves effectiveness since water might absorb some goodies from the cloud.

Second insight is that the way you vape the spice in this depends on how much degradation (DMT n-oxide, the yellow waxy oily stuff) there is present in your sample. Good quality white dmt turns into cloud instantly and it's doable to complete in a single toke. In case of degraded DMT it looks like it's another story. It seems the rate of vaporization of the dmt n-oxide is very slow - in fact I've noticed new vapor kept being produced for good 2 minutes or so with mighty turned on at max temp. Maybe this is the reason of the dreaded "lockout" for some? Inefficient vaporization with even slightly degraded spice.

I also did some experiments to see how the spice behaves in the dosing capsule when mighty is warming up. I've left the dosing cap with some spice sprinkled on it open in mighty's chamber and turned it on. I didn't attach anything to the top so I could observe how the spice melts. I also did some smell testing to look for signs of burned spice. Key takeaways are that at around 150 deg C all spice is melted into the liquid pad so you don't have to worry about possibility of inhaling crystals at this point. At around 180 deg C small vape wisp started coming out and at about 200 deg C I noticed a funny smell already, probably some burning started occurring, it was very different from standard spice vape smell. Due to this I believe waiting too long with inhalation is not a good idea. Start the toke between 170-190 deg C, waiting any longer is counterproductive.

Another observation was that the amount of spice in vapor form is very limited inside the dosing cap. What I mean by that is that leaving mighty on at 180 deg C or so for extended duration will not produce additional vapor, there is simply no room for it. Additionally there is very tiny amount of vapor escaping into bubbler glass but it seems that most of the dmt is contained within the dosing cap. It has to be inhaled as soon as possible to make room for new cloud. I made a few tries where I left it on at around 190 deg C and let it sit for minute or so after the temperature was reached. Results were underwhelming.

I think the optimized protocol of consumption is as follows:

1. Set mighty to max temp (210 dec C on my mighty+ unit)
2. At about 180-190 deg C begin a very slow toke. After a lot of trial and error it seems trying to pull the air too fast/too hard is counterproductive. Nice, gentle, slowly paced inhale will do.
3. After exhale go for the second slow toke especially if your dmt is degraded (yellow, waxy) or if you can't take long enough inhale go take it all in at once.

Rolinwama
#26 Posted : 4/25/2022 3:40:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

aethereon wrote:
Yeah, I think maybe you are right that no water is required... Personally I don't see the need to set it to the max temp - like you said around 200 it starts to get kind of 'funky' and nobody likes burned spice. With a slow enough inhale, the temperature keeps rising. But heck, maybe I'm wrong. I think you have some good observations as well about the 'spice degradation' or having oils in the spice, would indeed affect the vape temperature/rate. I'm pretty sure my old stash was pretty 'degraded' and it was quite yellow to begin with. But this new stuff is pretty clear. I've also tried some jungle spice in there, which seemed to have a good effect.

Regarding temperature - I've observed the funny smell (and actually some burned residue in the dosing cap) when the device was left alone. When you start inhaling at 180-190 it won't burn at all (air movement won't let it do that). The increased temperature is better for degraded spice I think.

aethereon wrote:

What is the consensus on vaping changa? I seem to read conflicting reports, some people say that it doesn't really vape the harmalas, other people say it does. I think it seems to work okay but honestly haven't tried 'smoalking' changa in a long time to have some comparison to. I gave it to a friend who put it in their bong and they said it tastes like caca, and didn't do very much.

I don't think this device is any good for Changa and I also believe the GVG isn't good for it either. Those devices will pull out the spice but only trace amount of any additional goodies from plants. I smoalked a lot of Changa in my GVG and it was always almost exactly like pure freebase, except the dosage was more random which was frightening to me. It's as they say - Changa in the bonga.

aethereon wrote:

Also it's kinda funny, I got myself the bubbler attachment. Then almost immediately after caved and bought myself a GVG as well to replace my busted one. Kinda a nice thing to have on hand IMHO, however this one isn't going to get devoted to Cannabis like the other one before. Although, I have tried vaping some wild dagga and indian warrior in it already Surprised BUT for me those were never an 'issue' like the Cannabis was - a la "green bitch" like Graham Hancock called it - not so much cannabis itself, but his relationship with it.

In my experience cannabis and GVG is a terrible combination... very harsh and inefficient. The best tool I've ever used was the DynaVap Vapcap M, hands down the best efficiency to get most goodies per gram. Mighty+ comes close second and the best part - I don't taste/smell any cross-contamination between weed and spice.

aethereon wrote:

Also, the bubbler does tend to condense some crystal, I can tell after a few rounds there is some gunk in there, but I doubt it's anywhere near as bad as the 'torturous path' of the original plastic mighty/crafty cooling units. But overall, I think that condensation is gonna be unavoidable... unless if we wanna heat up the glass to like 150 degrees and burn our lips as we inhale Wut? But the water certainly won't help, although people do use bongs/dab rigs as well, with great effect. But if we are going for efficiency, probably no water is the ideal. Right now, for me conserving as much as possible would be good. Which probably means, find a way to reduce that 'tolerance' if it can be called that, seems like I can take a break and still find it's not 'getting me there' so not sure if tolerance is the right word Surprised

I've observed the condensation too and it happens without water as well. I believe this is why a second slow long toke is needed. If the spice has any degradation it wont vape as efficiently and to get most out of it I think 2 tokes are a must. I don't think third would be possible because when vaping through Mighty the come-up is so fast during second toke it feels like the one you have when having a third toke with GVG.

My opinion is that the condensation is from leftover spice which is still there after the first toke - I don't believe it forms from cooling in the glass while inhaling. I am still testing this with glass cleaned after every attempt and let you know once i have a definitive answer.

Also one tip which might be helpful for your "tolerance" problem. Double check your scale. Those consumer grade precision scale are mostly crap. First of all try to get your hands on one which has stated repeatability and as low max load as possible. I am using one which has 20g max load and 0.002g repeatability and I am very content with it. Another issue with these cheapass scales is that they all like to drift rather quickly. You can try it out by leaving your spice on the scale for a while - observe how the reading keeps increasing/decreasing to ridiculous values. Some scales can drift from 30mg down to almost 0g reading without any changes in the environment and the load... The point is the drift often happens fast, while you are loading the spice on the tray so you might get false readings. Always re-calibrate between measurement, do not breathe on the scale and weigh the spice again on freshly zeroed setup.

I was at a similar point to you in the past and I was completely convinced there is something wrong with my brain chemistry during these days the spice wouldn't work. After countless experiments I can say it's either inefficient vaporization, scale measurement error or bad spice quality.

aethereon
#27 Posted : 4/25/2022 7:21:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm, I'm kinda sad to hear what you said about the GVG and changa... to me it was meant to be as an 'all rounder' kinda tool. Maybe it still just depends on how hard you vape it, I've had many times where I've had my weed ignite inside the GVG just by trying to get every last little bit out of it. I think you are right about the GVG not being great for weed, it does tend to heat a "bit" unevenly Laughing

And, yes, I have noticed the whole scale "creep" that you mentioned... often after removing my weighed item, the scale would be off, but it wasn't by huge amounts, like 10mg or so. But given more time I'm sure it would veer off more.

Perhaps my technique isn't as good as I'd like to think it is, or there is just some element of fear holding me back or something. Although, from what I've read, given the right dose, technique etc you're pretty much just "gone." The one time on LSD it seemed to really potentiate the spice, I used just like half my usual dose and was in the waiting room no problems, I have seen 'the pattern' or whatever many times before but the time on LSD it was a total 'disconnect' from my body, it was just "existing without existing" and was really quite profound. I'm sure it'll come with time, just often it's hard to find the right setting with other people being around, distractions and whatnot... but it helps to keep it special. After the 'lsd experience' it was like "I WANT THAT" and felt like doing 'more' but also told myself that no, you are that... I kinda have this belief that we are not so much this body/mind etc we have this body/mind which we are 'identified with' (understandably) but there's more to it than that.

Regardless, I appreciate the insights, I will do a scale calibration as well since I haven't done that in a while. As well as try a higher temp in the Mighty Smile

Kobranek
#28 Posted : 4/26/2022 5:59:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

refringence wrote:
Thanks for this. I'm brand new and was getting pretty anxious reading the wiki and other threads about ROA of freebase. I decided to pull the trigger on the mighty+ after reading this thread since I could use it for other things. Not a single regret!

Awesome to see we have a new member to the might+ tribe!! You're lucky to come into it with this device. As much as I love the gvg it was the best available device at the time but has been left behind. It still had a bit of a leaning curve to get in one hit but was consistent if your torch lighter worked.

I've essentially stopped smoking cannabis altogether with this device but still getting heavily medicated. Lungs feel so much better. Sleep so much better too!

Kobranek
#29 Posted : 4/26/2022 6:21:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

aethereon wrote:

Perhaps my technique isn't as good as I'd like to think it is, or there is just some element of fear holding me back or something.

I've had a few failed attempts when I've pushed too hard and wasn't able to fully let go with a solid dose vaped. Not with the mighty+ but the gvg. Being able to calm yourself enough to take deep long draws instead of short and shallow breaths is key.

I think the mighty+ heating unit may be a bit more robust than the mighty. This small difference may help to maintain a more consistent temperature during the draw.

Cross-tolerance may want to be reevaluated. If your consuming any lsd, dmt, psilocybin, etc...(tyryptamines) within the past two weeks you've developed a tolerance. Interestingly that's why I feel these substances are non-addictive since benefits become more profound the longer one goes between sessions.

aethereon
#30 Posted : 4/26/2022 8:44:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's one thing that I noticed on LSD, the smoothness of the inhale... like Terrence McKenna said... you take, let us say, a third toke... you ... vaporise it... and take it in, and in and in... It was just such a long, supple smooth inhale it defintely got me halfway to where I was going.

But on the flipside of that, I definitely agree, there is some cross tolerance. I heard that microdosing mushrooms can cause neurogenesis, and if you want to do them to have that effect, just keep taking them every day, no reason to take breaks. Which is what I was going for. But alas, that doesn't really take in to account trying to break through. So it's a bit of a balancing act Big grin I mean for sure psychedelics should be done sporadically and with intention, I'm sure my usage, while not the most excessive, could be tempered a little bit. Have slowed down much, the roll. Will try in due time Smile

And yes, maybe the Mighty and Mighty+ do have slightly different heating units, for sure when drawing hard enough with the original Mighty the temperature can drop significantly... seems like it can only keep up to a certain extent. But alas, I'll try the temperature thing, one can only accrue so much paraphenlia for psychedelic use in a short period of time, between getting the glass bubbler and a new GVG I think I'm pretty set for now Laughing Otherwise it's gonna be too bad of a case of G.A.S (gear acquisition syndrome) Very happy

Maybe someone wants to move this to the main forum and *cough* upgrademymemberstatus *cough* oh excuse me ... so I could talk about it there as well Laughing

Kobranek wrote:

I've had a few failed attempts when I've pushed too hard and wasn't able to fully let go with a solid dose vaped. Not with the mighty+ but the gvg. Being able to calm yourself enough to take deep long draws instead of short and shallow breaths is key.

I think the mighty+ heating unit may be a bit more robust than the mighty. This small difference may help to maintain a more consistent temperature during the draw.

Cross-tolerance may want to be reevaluated. If your consuming any lsd, dmt, psilocybin, etc...(tyryptamines) within the past two weeks you've developed a tolerance. Interestingly that's why I feel these substances are non-addictive since benefits become more profound the longer one goes between sessions.

Rolinwama
#31 Posted : 4/27/2022 5:42:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Check out the other thing I've posted here:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=98182

Mushroom trips have a wonderful interaction with DMT for me. I don't mean smoalking DMT while on mushrooms. I mean smoalking DMT over next days/weeks while there is mushroom tolerance. There is definitely some cross-tolerance here and trying to smoalk the next day after mushroom trip might require more spice to achieve desired levels, but there is some quality changes in dmt trips too.

For me normal DMT trips when I didn't touch mushrooms for a long time are very dark, neon, fast paced and chaotic. When I smoalk dmt while having some mushroom afterglow/tolerance trips are a lot brighter, more colorful in a "crayon-like" way, friendly and nicely slow paced.

I never tried LSD but I guess it would also have some kind of modulation effect for the spice.

Quote:

but it wasn't by huge amounts, like 10mg or so

10mg is HUGE, it may make a difference between typical sub-breakthrough experience and a total godslap in my experience when you smoalk efficiently

Quote:

I've had my weed ignite inside the GVG

Oh how many times I've accidentally ignited lavender in mine (lavender is my favourite herb to smoalk spice on).

ildruido
#32 Posted : 5/10/2022 7:23:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@Rolinwama I tried your method, after several failures with GVG. I think that the vaporization is too slow even at 210 and for me very difficult with the breath.
I got an apx volt, easy peasy in a few secs you get your dense cloud of dmt so why bother with a device that is intended for herbs?

Rolinwama
#33 Posted : 5/11/2022 7:15:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ildruido wrote:
@Rolinwama I tried your method, after several failures with GVG. I think that the vaporization is too slow even at 210 and for me very difficult with the breath.
I got an apx volt, easy peasy in a few secs you get your dense cloud of dmt so why bother with a device that is intended for herbs?

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you. Just for sake of sharing experiences - how did you try to vape it, step by step? I mean, did you set to max temp from start, at which temp reading did you start inhaling and how long was the inhale? Did you use the bubbler attachment or the standard plastic top or some other non-bubbler mouthpiece? Did you use a dosing cap with liq pad in it?

APX Volt definitely looks nice, though I saw some people were also having mixed results with it.

By difficult you mean too long or too harsh?

I am genuinely curious because for me this mighty is hands down the most reliable and consistent way to vape the spice now, it's almost impossible to mess up. Mighty is actually really good at vaping the wax - I don't see it as herb only.

Disclaimer: I am using Mighty+, maybe the older Mighty has some problems

Waspking
#34 Posted : 6/15/2022 2:27:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Awesome!
I've used the volcano but I was worried the vapour would cool down too quickly. It did work though, but I didnt break through. But I didn't have very much spice either, I must have messed something up during the extraction. For the volcano bags you have to have a pretty big lung capacity but I was able to inhale the whole thing in one go. Mighty sounds like a better option though since it's a much shorter path from the vapourisation to lungs Smile

pierrotlefou
#35 Posted : 11/20/2022 9:00:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi there,

After the use of different devices essentially (The Machine, GvG, e-mesh) that I could tried, I come back to basic dry herb vaporizer cause the vapor is so smooth this way... No harsh vapor, no burning sensation inside my body, no coughs. Full comfort when I come up, that an essential point to me.

I own a Crafty +, it's the little brother of the mighty. It's all the same more or less, the main difference it's the Mighty is bigger, more powerful, you have more battery, and you don't have manipulate your smartphone in order to adjust an accurate temperature.

So, I think that the Mighty / Crafty+ Bubbler Attachment which is indicate on your first post is not the best. Why ? Cause, it's a bubbler, with mine (the same that your's) Some DMT is crystallized in the lower part which is closed on the top. And you want it all DMT in your lungs Pleased Moreover, like you said the water isn't necessary, so you just don't need a bubbler like that. This kind of attachment will be best in my opinion : https://vapefully.com/pr...y-3d-cooling-mouthpiece/

Second point, the grid on the base of the bubbler is not essential. It's not weed, you don't have to filter the grass particules. You want it all, all the DMT Pleased So you can remove the grid of the bubbler or glass attachment.

Third point, I tried with succeed a technique from a guy on Reddit, which doesn't necessite a bubbler top or a glass top (but maybe it will be best with it and without the original plastic cooling top)

Quote:

Trace the outline of a dosing cap while it's upside down on a brown, organic coffee filter with a razor.

Cut out three circles, and place two of the circles on the bottom of the dosing cap. Place the cap on your scale, and add the DMT dose.

I like to then put the uncapped dosing cap inside the Mighty oven, and turn it on to 70-80 C. I keep it there until it just starts to melt a bit, then I place that third piece of filter paper on top. This is an extra step that lets you prepare as many as you want ahead of time.

After you place that third piece of filter paper on, cap it. 175C is the temp I prefer, and you can clear it in 1-2 hits. I use 30-35mg.

The user was deleted, so I don't know his name to source it. Thanks to him Pleased

And lastly, the key (to dry herb vaporizers) seems to me, to inhale very slowly. I did some tests with a little quartz bucket into another dry herb vaporizer with the top off, to see how the DMT melt and turn into vapor. And then, I put the top on, and started to inhale : when I inhaled toughly (there is a sound of suction which is produced) almost no vapour was in my mouth, but when I inhale very very slowly (no sound produced due to inhalation) that's it, I had the DMT taste in mouth and some vapor that I exhale.

I hope that this post will be helpful

peace

murklan
#36 Posted : 11/21/2022 9:01:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pierrotlefou wrote:
Hi there,

Quote:

Trace the outline of a dosing cap while it's upside down on a brown, organic coffee filter with a razor.

Cut out three circles, and place two of the circles on the bottom of the dosing cap. Place the cap on your scale, and add the DMT dose.

I like to then put the uncapped dosing cap inside the Mighty oven, and turn it on to 70-80 C. I keep it there until it just starts to melt a bit, then I place that third piece of filter paper on top. This is an extra step that lets you prepare as many as you want ahead of time.

After you place that third piece of filter paper on, cap it. 175C is the temp I prefer, and you can clear it in 1-2 hits. I use 30-35mg.

Interesting. So the paper filters suck up the melted DMT? And the paper is not burned during vaping?
I have a Yocan Orbit and is has a very small cap so it might not be applicable but it might be a way to avoid that the DMT melts and crawl up the sides.

pierrotlefou
#37 Posted : 11/21/2022 11:12:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
So the paper filters suck up the melted DMT? And the paper is not burned during vaping?

Exactly.

But, this is viable only for dry herb vaporizers cause you can adjust precisely the temperature.
The combustion temp for paper is between 218 to 246 degree celsius or 424 to 475 F
When I did this method, my vaporizer is set to 180 degree celsius. So, you have no risk to burn the paper. After the vaping, the paper seems just drier than before.
To be honest I would like to do without coffee paper, cause I don't want other things in my lungs than DMT. I'm not a doctor but coffee papers is made in the intend to make coffee, not to vape it. Maybe cigarette paper would be safer ? I'll try this soon.

With a Yocan Orbit, it seems difficult, cause you have real risk to burn the paper. The temperature setting available in this device is based on voltage, so you need to be very careful.

murklan
#38 Posted : 11/21/2022 1:03:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pierrotlefou wrote:

With a Yocan Orbit, it seems difficult, cause you have real risk to burn the paper. The temperature setting available in this device is based on voltage, so you need to be very careful.

Yes, true. But cigarette paper might be better as you write. I've not thought about it before but it might also be possible to use a miniature drip pad of steel in the cup, if it can get hot enough.

Experimentation continues...

Rolinwama
#39 Posted : 12/5/2022 2:43:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

pierrotlefou wrote:
Hi there,

Hello there!

pierrotlefou wrote:

So, I think that the Mighty / Crafty+ Bubbler Attachment which is indicate on your first post is not the best. Why ? Cause, it's a bubbler, with mine (the same that your's) Some DMT is crystallized in the lower part which is closed on the top. And you want it all DMT in your lungs Pleased Moreover, like you said the water isn't necessary, so you just don't need a bubbler like that. This kind of attachment will be best in my opinion : https://vapefully.com/pr...y-3d-cooling-mouthpiece/

I've tried with this exact attachement as well. The issue with is the vape was for some reason very harsh, very unlike bubbler attachement. It was so much harsher it made me cough away all the precious instantly... I believe cooling is not that great with this design. The glass bubbler even without water was better. It was also unusable for cannabis for me. I am a non-smoker and my lungs are rather delicate.

pierrotlefou wrote:

Second point, the grid on the base of the bubbler is not essential. It's not weed, you don't have to filter the grass particules. You want it all, all the DMT Pleased So you can remove the grid of the bubbler or glass attachment.

Yes, I removed the grid from mine as well!

pierrotlefou wrote:

Third point, I tried with succeed a technique from a guy on Reddit, which doesn't necessite a bubbler top or a glass top (but maybe it will be best with it and without the original plastic cooling top)

Quote:

This filter paper with dosing cap looks quite useful Smile I will definitely try that once I muster enough courage to go back to spice. I think this will increase efficiency even further. I'm not sure the filter paper on top does anything though. By the way, I stopped closing the dosing cap, it works just as good open.

pierrotlefou wrote:

And lastly, the key (to dry herb vaporizers) seems to me, to inhale very slowly. I did some tests with a little quartz bucket into another dry herb vaporizer with the top off, to see how the DMT melt and turn into vapor. And then, I put the top on, and started to inhale : when I inhaled toughly (there is a sound of suction which is produced) almost no vapour was in my mouth, but when I inhale very very slowly (no sound produced due to inhalation) that's it, I had the DMT taste in mouth and some vapor that I exhale.

After a lot of experimentation I can say the following
- with bubbler and no water attachment there is no taste noticeable at all
- I agree with slow inhalation being better
- this method is way better with more pure dmt. If it's degraded (more of the yellow oily stuff) then it might be not as efficient as other methods (but still damn good and better than GvG for me). It seems the oil is harder to vaporize in this
- yes there are traces of leftover spice in the glass, but while it looks like it's a lot it's very negligible (think of micrograms). I think this is something you cannot avoid if you want vape that is cool enough to be very easy on lungs. By the way there's always some crystals forming with GvG and it is said to be *the* way to consume the spice

By the way, the default plastic cooler top never worked for me. I think it is because either it is too good at cooling down, which is possible due to how smooth cannabis are with it, or the plastic causes the spice to crystallize inside too early. I think it is a combination of both. Anyways it never worked for me.

Toshido
#40 Posted : 12/23/2022 12:37:20 AM

Research & Development

Forgive me as I am new to the lingo. What is GVG? I am currently moving away from glass pipes to to an eMesh and am excited to try it that way. The only way I've smoked DMT was layers of foil with dmt inbetween the layers and putting a direct flame to it. Wasted a lot, but was able to break through a bit.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

PREV123NEXT