We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Lo-Fi hip-hop sharespace Options

Nydex
#1 Posted : 10/30/2021 7:00:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, friends Smile

I didn't find a dedicated lo-fi hip-hop thread, and being a massive fan of this genre, decided to start one and share a few of my favorite tracks with you, hoping you would do the same. I absolutely love listening to it while taking a walk, studying, or coding. Makes almost every activity more pleasant. Apologies in advance if such a thread already exists, I'm not very good with the forum search functionality! Please link it here if that is the case, and I will remove this one and use the existing Thumbs up

So, here are some of my favorites:

Elior - Soaring
Quantic - Time Is The Enemy
bsd.u - french inhale
bsd.u - bebop
bsd.u - island (feat. Beatmachinearon)
The Deli - 5:32PM
The Deli - Fractals (feat. Lungfulls)
The Deli - Flowers
eevee - viola
eevee - m i s t
Sensi - Lean
Samiyam - Italy

Enjoy! Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Seeingisbelieving
#2 Posted : 10/30/2021 7:26:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nydex
#3 Posted : 10/30/2021 7:42:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seeingisbelieving wrote:

I quite like that one, thanks! Thumbs up
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

benzyme
#4 Posted : 10/31/2021 4:18:48 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

local label Always Proper
http://insectrecords.org...Deli_Always%20Proper.mp3
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

benzyme
#5 Posted : 11/1/2021 2:21:26 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Primo arguably preceeded Dilla, but both acknowledged each other.

as far as sites... https://strictlybeats.blogspot.com
Pretty sure I've linked it before here.
"Lo-fi" is something I've listened to, well, since the 90's. It's just hip-hop to me, "golden-era". Just "beats music", instrumentals.

"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

benzyme
#6 Posted : 11/1/2021 2:34:21 AM

analytical chemist

also, check this out. it's where flying lotus got his start, even before adult swim bumps.

also look into team supreme. I've mixed "lo-fi" for over 8 years, including many beatmakers from TS, Exploded Drawing, and Top Cats.

Seeingisbelieving
#7 Posted : 11/13/2021 6:08:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm pretty sure I've listened to most if not all of Preemo's productions. I still think Dilla reigns supreme. To produce Donuts on your deathbed, woooooeeee just imagine.

benzyme
#8 Posted : 11/13/2021 7:48:38 PM

analytical chemist

I've got a number of mixes on mixcloud and a couple on soundcloud, over the past decade, and one all-vinyl set from 15 years ago. Early tycho, malcom kipe, dabrye, machinedrum, 40Winks, quell chris, evil needle, and everything in between.

benzyme
#9 Posted : 11/13/2021 7:58:11 PM

analytical chemist

Tusken is also highly regarded in the modern lo-fi community, a staple in the Always Proper camp. Recently got Nomads Void on vinyl.

slane
#10 Posted : 11/13/2021 10:24:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not an artist, album, or song, but a channel.

The user on YouTube named STEEZYASFUCK has been consistent for years in uploading all sorts of excellent lofi hiphop! Definitely check them out and subscribe if this is your jam Cool

â—‹
#11 Posted : 11/13/2021 10:31:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

slane wrote:
Not an artist, album, or song, but a channel.

The user on YouTube named STEEZYASFUCK has been consistent for years in uploading all sorts of excellent lofi hiphop! Definitely check them out and subscribe if this is your jam Cool

Haha, I've listened to many of steezys mixes as well. Good channel, especially for when I'd study.

Seeingisbelieving
#12 Posted : 11/14/2021 5:01:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Steezy puts out good mixtapes...I miss DOOM.

benzyme
#13 Posted : 11/14/2021 5:08:32 PM

analytical chemist

Breakfast with Ringgo 002: Mndsgn & Swarvy

Spellwrks Joint Enhancer Mix

XLR8R Podcast 616 - Tsuruda

potnoble
#14 Posted : 11/15/2021 8:02:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everybody

Check out Coubo Homewards and selcouth if you haven´t.

Have a gud one
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

Seeingisbelieving
#15 Posted : 11/21/2021 6:00:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Afta-1

Tony6Strings
#16 Posted : 11/22/2021 1:57:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I enjoy using lofi as backing tracks for improvising guitar phrases and melody. Standard rock/jazz/blues backing tracks get boring so quickly...

Thanks for this thread.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Seeingisbelieving
#17 Posted : 11/23/2021 12:08:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Basically the soundtrack to my childhood.

benzyme
#18 Posted : 11/23/2021 12:51:13 AM

analytical chemist

Heh, he's the same age as my younger sisters.
Wu-Tang was the crazy new sound when I was in high school. "Golden-era" hiphop was all over the radio.
Tribe, Digable Planets, Gangstarr, Black Sheep, Bahmadia, etc etc

Praxis.
#19 Posted : 11/23/2021 3:08:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great thread, lots of gold in here! This is one of my favorite producers Smile

@Seeingisbelieving I haven't heard that FlyLo track "Archway" til now but wow! It's hard to put into words but if I could pour out the contents of my mind in the form of music I imagine it'd sound something like that. Really a stunning piece of music, thank you for sharing.
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

Praxis.
#20 Posted : 11/23/2021 7:10:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry for the double post but I had a last minute thought to share this.

This is one of my favorite albums from one of my favorite artists, and I think most of the tracks count as lo-fi. Most people know who Mac Miller is, especially after his death, but not as many are aware of all the music he put out under the pseudonym Larry Fisherman. He had a handful of pseudonyms for different projects and styles of music, but Larry Fisherman was the most consistent name he produced under. He collaborated without credit and without collecting royalties for countless other musicians from a huge range of genres, and helped jump start the careers of people who are now celebrities. On the side he put out mixtapes like this one, totally under the radar and without any expectations. Hope at least some of you enjoy it as much as I do

"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

12NEXT