We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV567
Dark Roast Rue Brew - 5 Grams Options

downwardsfromzero
#121 Posted : 2/5/2023 11:04:26 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

ControlledChaos wrote:
Just wanted to bring this thread back up to try and troubleshoot my attempt at doing this with DMT. I saw somebody posted here that they successfully dark roasted 6 grams and DMT was orally active. So I tried dark roasting 5 grams of rue tea then drinking tea made with 6 g of acacia confusa root bark. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to be enough of an maoi to activate my DMT. I wonder if maybe I roasted for too long? My burner doesn't have the best heat control and I tried roasting them on a pan. I listened for all the seeds to pop and moved them around on the pan for a bit keeping them evenly spread. How long should I keep it on the pan? Should I perhaps try a higher dose of rue to dark roast if I want it to make my DMT active?

Sounds like you over-roasted the seeds. Your brew should have a noticeable deep blue fluorescence.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ShamensStamen
#122 Posted : 2/6/2023 12:33:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ControlledChaos wrote:
Just wanted to bring this thread back up to try and troubleshoot my attempt at doing this with DMT. I saw somebody posted here that they successfully dark roasted 6 grams and DMT was orally active. So I tried dark roasting 5 grams of rue tea then drinking tea made with 6 g of acacia confusa root bark. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to be enough of an maoi to activate my DMT. I wonder if maybe I roasted for too long? My burner doesn't have the best heat control and I tried roasting them on a pan. I listened for all the seeds to pop and moved them around on the pan for a bit keeping them evenly spread. How long should I keep it on the pan? Should I perhaps try a higher dose of rue to dark roast if I want it to make my DMT active?

My memory is a tad bit hazy at the moment, but when i did it i let the seeds roast at medium heat which is 5 or halfway on my stove dial, stirred the seeds around every so often and let the seeds roast until they were that blackish glossy looking color and most of the seeds had popped, then i quickly poured them off into a pot of water and started boiling em' up. Could be you over-roasted them. Also you can maybe try roasting them until most of the seeds have popped instead of all of them. Also remember to keep stirring things here and there throughout, don't let em' sit too long without stirring or they can burn. Though it's also worth keeping in mind that iirc i would roast/brew about 20 to 25 grams of Rue at a time, and a single dose may be more likely to burn compared to using a bit more seed? I can't say for sure but in my mind at least that may be worth checking out.

Ime 5 grams of the dark roast was definitely enough to orally activate DMT, which also do make sure you're thoroughly brewing you're Acacia, and imo/ime, if in doubt, get you some Mimosa root and take a few capsules of that and with proper MAO-A inhibition you should well be able to feel it which could help pinpoint something with the Acacia, although technically you can encapsulate some Acacia too, but Mimosa is a bit more potent as far as DMT goes.

Or, have you tried the light roast? Light roast will contain Harmine but no Harmaline, and so for sure will definitely have MAO-A inhibition from the Harmine, dark roast though contains no Harmine or Harmaline, yet does appear to contain other MAO-A inhibiting background compounds, which at least ime seem to feel a bit "cleaner" in a way compared to Harmine and Harmaline. But either way, when it comes to roasting Rue, it can take a bit of trial and error and getting things right, figuring out the right temp and time and when light roast is at it's max quality vs when it starts to transition over towards dark roast, but can't go wrong with raw Rue or light roast imo, but if the dark roast doesn't appear to be doing what it should be doing, perhaps it is a bit "overdone", but yeah try to keep the heat around medium if possible, don't let things get too hot.

ControlledChaos
#123 Posted : 2/6/2023 2:54:01 AM

Nature is analog, ever flowing and continuous; spontaneous transfers of energy weaving in and out of dimensions, radiating outwards from the source- a non repeating, non terminating system of perpetual energy

ShamensStamen wrote:
ControlledChaos wrote:

My memory is a tad bit hazy at the moment, but when i did it i let the seeds roast at medium heat which is 5 or halfway on my stove dial, stirred the seeds around every so often and let the seeds roast until they were that blackish glossy looking color and most of the seeds had popped, then i quickly poured them off into a pot of water and started boiling em' up. Could be you over-roasted them. Also you can maybe try roasting them until most of the seeds have popped instead of all of them. Also remember to keep stirring things here and there throughout, don't let em' sit too long without stirring or they can burn. Though it's also worth keeping in mind that iirc i would roast/brew about 20 to 25 grams of Rue at a time, and a single dose may be more likely to burn compared to using a bit more seed? I can't say for sure but in my mind at least that may be worth checking out.

Ime 5 grams of the dark roast was definitely enough to orally activate DMT, which also do make sure you're thoroughly brewing you're Acacia, and imo/ime, if in doubt, get you some Mimosa root and take a few capsules of that and with proper MAO-A inhibition you should well be able to feel it which could help pinpoint something with the Acacia, although technically you can encapsulate some Acacia too, but Mimosa is a bit more potent as far as DMT goes.

Or, have you tried the light roast? Light roast will contain Harmine but no Harmaline, and so for sure will definitely have MAO-A inhibition from the Harmine, dark roast though contains no Harmine or Harmaline, yet does appear to contain other MAO-A inhibiting background compounds, which at least ime seem to feel a bit "cleaner" in a way compared to Harmine and Harmaline. But either way, when it comes to roasting Rue, it can take a bit of trial and error and getting things right, figuring out the right temp and time and when light roast is at it's max quality vs when it starts to transition over towards dark roast, but can't go wrong with raw Rue or light roast imo, but if the dark roast doesn't appear to be doing what it should be doing, perhaps it is a bit "overdone", but yeah try to keep the heat around medium if possible, don't let things get too hot.

I know I probably did not brew the Acacia as thoroughly as I could have, because I share a burner with multiple people and it's off the grid so I can't use the gas needed to do the typical 3 washes. I have to settle with just putting it in a regular sized pot filling that with water and boiling it down to a coffee mug's amount. This method was sufficient to give me a trip when I did my first 'test' brew of my recently harvested Acacia confusa. Another thing is I remember after I dark roasted I noticed there was some rue on the counter spilled when I took it off the pan and when I went to take it to use, it just crumbled into ash. So I'd say I likely did wayyyy over-roast it.

And I definitely will try out the light roast. I quite enjoy this process of making brews and trying things out... Not everything works but something about slowly perfecting my ideal brew for this until I get it just right feels fulfilling.

«PREV567