We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Miami, Florida mushroom picking Options

Vangoghdream
#1 Posted : 10/11/2021 3:53:39 AM
WiFfLe In a WaFfLe BoX

Check out the attitude section.

Welcome to the Nexus!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Metta-Morpheus
#2 Posted : 10/12/2021 1:47:45 AM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

As stated above, check out the attitude page. While seeds and spores are ok to talk about in regards to sourcing, getting from someone here would require exchanging real life info(not allowed).

Now if you would like, I have a whole list of reputable spore vendors I have tried. And I am open to any questions on growing mushrooms as I feel confident in saying I’m starting to figure that out, and will answer everything I can.

And when you say garden, are you growing outdoor mushrooms? And I would have to say from your initial response of “not enough time to go out and search for a farm” is not a good start when it comes to foraging. As a fairly new forager, I have spent countless hours in books and on google id’ing mushrooms. It is certainaly a time consuming hobby. And one that can have perilous outcomes if you don’t put in the time.

“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Metta-Morpheus
#3 Posted : 10/12/2021 1:50:21 AM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

Skitzo23 wrote:

ik I can buy everything I need online but that's no fun. I rather buy from people.
Smile

How do you know we’re not glow in the dark octopus people? I actually have a strong suspicion there are less people here than there are people here...
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

roninsina
#4 Posted : 10/12/2021 3:27:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Metta-Morpheus wrote:

How do you know we’re not glow in the dark octopus people? I actually have a strong suspicion there are less people here than there are people here...

Laughing to tears!Laughing

Hey Skitzo,

You may want to check our sister site, Share the Seeds. Not sure how active it is these days, but worth a visit.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

Fridge
#5 Posted : 10/12/2021 10:10:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very happy I just had a good laugh too, thank you Metta-Morpheus!

Welcome Skitzo, in my experience one needs to allocate a certain amount of time to either learn the growing or foraging skills. I cultivate mushrooms since a decade and I still learn new things every day. In many ways it is a very rewarding activity. The decade before that I used to go out into the fields and forage, but in a different part of the world. I am fairly certain that psilocybe Cubensis and psilocybe cyanescens grow in your area.

I agree with the above statement that you need to do careful research when foraging mushrooms. However once you have figured out how to identify them and where they grow, it becomes less time consuming. Sometimes I used to just drive by fields slowly, looking out for the caps and that worked out well for me. Once you have developed an eye for the mushrooms that you are looking for foraging is a lot of fun.
...no need to worry...