We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
A question from a newcomer Options

MAGMA17
#1 Posted : 10/3/2021 11:07:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Deleted

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Tomtegubbe
#2 Posted : 10/3/2021 11:52:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello MAGMA17!

I'd start with magic mushrooms low dose (1-1,5 g cubensis), have a nice, tidy setting and a trusted friend with you. Psilocybin is in my opinion the most benign psychedelic.

If you have almost zero experience with psychoactive substances, DMT can be very demanding. If, however, this is the route you want to go for the reasons you mentioned, I'd take it really, really slow. First brewing some syrian rue tea, and getting comfortable with the headspace it gives and later adding tiny amounts of dmt to the experience. I recommend ingesting (brewing it or eating the plant material raw) over vaping it, since vaping is very fast experience and can be simply too much if you have no experience how to handle the altered mental states.

These substances have much to teach, when you learn the proper respect for them. I recommend just taking it easy and taking your time to integrate and not to rush to the deep end.

Please, tell us how it goes once you embark 🙂
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

MAGMA17
#3 Posted : 10/3/2021 12:21:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Deleted

Tomtegubbe
#4 Posted : 10/3/2021 1:44:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MAGMA17 wrote:
I read that San Pedro and mushrooms are obviously incomparable with the effects, but the cactus it is equally benign as a psychedelic, as stated by many people. Maybe a low dose of San Pedro is a good starting point as a low dose with mushrooms?
I have never had the opportunity to meet the spirits of the cacti, but I believe it is a valid entry point. If you find an adult plant containing mescaline, I'd sure give it a try. Usually it's just the seeds of the mescaline containing variety which are available and it takes at least a year to grow one.
My preferred method:

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 10/3/2021 7:12:20 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Mescaline is something where you have to be prepared to put the time in - both with growing the cacti, and then when you actually get to taste it. The effects can be quite lengthy. My most recent experience lasted a good 24 hours, although I did redose halfway through after getting a few hours of what may have been sleep Smile

You say you've done a fair bit of reading - did you notice that, on your list of plants, some of these things may be found growing in Italy? Whichever way you go about it, growing your own is the best way. You actually have quite a range of possibilities in your climate region and the best time to plant your garden is ten years ago Very happy Fortunately, right now is also a good time to start.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

bismillah
#6 Posted : 10/3/2021 7:33:28 PM

My Personalized Tag

I started with mhrb, but you need Syrian rue to use it effectively. I don't like extacting and vaping DMT anymore, as tea has always been a better experience.

If you can get a cactus... go for it. I've always wanted to try cactus. Seems like a cool way to get into it, although probably not as beginner friendly (do you have to grow the cactus or would you be buying a mature specimen?).

I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

MAGMA17
#7 Posted : 10/3/2021 11:23:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Deleted

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 10/4/2021 12:06:35 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

While indeed of shorter duration, lower doses of cactus give less in the way of psychedelia. It rather resembles MDMA but somehow with a greater feeling of authenticity and less forced. Some enhancement of visual acuity may be noted, along with colours seeming brighter. Of course, if the dose is too low you'll get no effects at all.

You can just eat the powder as you say, although there is this rather nice extraction method: 💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

MAGMA17
#9 Posted : 10/4/2021 5:14:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Deleted

Tomtegubbe
#10 Posted : 10/4/2021 6:10:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MAGMA17 wrote:
Ok, thank you!
Maybe it is a silly question but what about eating during the trip? It is better to eat less food possible? It is better to wait a determinate amount of hours before eating?
There are different approaches to this, but tripping with tryptamines (lsa, lsd, psilocybin, aya/pharmahuasca) I have found it best to eat light the day you are tripping and have something light to eat at the end of the trip. Eating healthy, eating fruits and vegetables seems to align well with the spirit of psychedelics. You need energy to process everything you experience, but you don't want to have any heaviness from food.
My preferred method:

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 10/4/2021 6:34:48 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

With cactus I tend to slim down my diet for several days beforehand, eat vegetarian and avoid stuff like ripe cheeses. On the day I'll eat maybe a light salad - I use a very specific approach to nutrition in order to optimise my metabolism for the experience. I'll be posting my salad recipe soon. Until then, suffice to say, there are certain foodstuffs - in particular certain fruits, vegetables and herbs - that I feel contribute to the experience on the basis of their nutritional content and the secondary phytochemicals they contain. It's a vast subject so that'll have to do for now.

So, what Tomtegubbe says but with an added layer of biochemistry!

MAGMA17
#12 Posted : 10/4/2021 7:21:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Deleted

Tomtegubbe
#13 Posted : 10/5/2021 5:12:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MAGMA17 wrote:
Yes I have read that before embarking on the journey it is better to follow a diet, and indeed it is something that I really like. But I wanted to know: I can only eat when it ends completely, so approximately after 12-14 hours of the last meal, or for example after 6-7-8 hours I can eventually eat something? Would it compromise the sequel?

Follow your gut feeling 😀

It's not magic. It's good to have some food available, so once you feel you'd like to eat you can do that.
My preferred method:

Voidmatrix
#14 Posted : 10/6/2021 3:21:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I'd like to jump in if I may (I seem to be a little tardy Pleased )

I think the answer to this question may depend on the type of person you are; are you someone who likes to jump into experiences, or are you a little more cautious and prefer to take things slowly?

Since you've never done any psychedelic, I don't think it's really out the realm of possibility for you to try DMT (vaped in this case), since you have no frame of reference. I know various individuals who had their first psychedelic experience with DMT and for all of them it went fine. They were blown away, but it doesn't seem to have been too much for them. So if you're the type that tends to jump right in, then this may be an option. I stated this in an effort for you to explore all options sufficiently, but I will say what I've just shared may be an unpopular opinion.

The "safer" option would be with a mild Salvia extract or low dose mushrooms or cactus (even low dose pharma or Aya). I have yet to have a full-blown cacti experience, but from the lighter journeys I've had, they are very pleasant, opening up one's mind and heart, augmenting perception and perspective, etc. Mushrooms are one of my favorites. Can't go wrong, only have maybe a difficult time with them Love Dosing can be tricky as different mushroom species will have varying levels of psilocin psilocybin, and baeocystin.

I think how "benign" a substance is is dependent on dosage, not particular molecule (with some exceptions, such as Datura or Iboga). I think it was Shulgin that shared in one of his books (pretty sure it was PIHKAL), "the dose makes the toxin."

Diet depends on psychedelic chosen. Generally I like being at least 4 hours fasted before journeying (absolute minimum is 2). The day of I'm a little pickier about what I eat, opting for a more vegan type diet. I find with mushrooms, and light journeys with oral DMT, that eating light things, like fruits and granola, to be a benefit. Your brain and body need calories as energy, and some journeys can take up a lot of energy.

I am excited for you. You've gotten great feedback. Please be sure to let us know what you decide and how your experience goes.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

MAGMA17
#15 Posted : 10/6/2021 2:00:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Deleted

Voidmatrix
#16 Posted : 10/6/2021 4:11:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MAGMA17 wrote:
Hi Voidmatrix, thank you very much for your interest!
Quote:
I think the answer to this question may depend on the type of person you are; are you someone who likes to jump into experiences, or are you a little more cautious and prefer to take things slowly?

it is difficult to answer this question, but it is also very interesting apart from the matter of substances. I think I have many contradictions. In general I am an optimist, even in difficult times I tend always to see the bright side, and seek a teaching from everything. Sometimes it can be also an insult to life if it's not taken carefully. For example when I am in the stage of composing new pieces, I tend to view positively bad things, like "oh ok, it's better that this thing happened, it can be inspirational". So from this point of view, sometimes I think that what can be perceived from someone as a bad trip, to me it might not be bad at all. But they are only guesses. Maybe I'm wrong.
I tend to be cautious when there is something about "survival". For example I tend to be nervous in a car when someone else is driving. Because I don't have control of the situation. So on this point of view I may have a block in letting myself go with the substance, but reading about it is helpin me a lot to understand that this is necessary and I think I will be able to do it.
With people and experiences I am usually direct. I can tell the truth to your face. But at the same time I have social anxiety, I have very few friends, and they're all from my childhood.
At the same time I am the person who always organizes group experiences. I always propose new things to my friends. So I am a bit of a contradiction. LOL.

Quote:
Since you've never done any psychedelic, I don't think it's really out the realm of possibility for you to try DMT (vaped in this case), since you have no frame of reference.

That's an interesting point of view. Do you think that paradoxically it's easier to confront the vaped DMT without experiences with other psychedelics?

Quote:
I am excited for you. You've gotten great feedback. Please be sure to let us know what you decide and how your experience goes.

Yes, I will definitely share my experience here. For now I am inclined towards San Pedro cactus. 20 grams of powder. My only concern it's about the lenght of the journey, maybe it could be too exhausting for a new explorer. I don't know!

Smile

I encourage to explore which facets of particular aspects have what qualities in order to answer that first query.

And yes (I'm waiting for another Nexian to swoop in to castigate me on this one lol). I'll use myself as an example. My first time eating mushrooms was 7g to see Avatar in 3d. It was first actual psychedelic experience, and it ran the gamut; powerful visions and hallucinations, complete dissociation and repeated ego death, expanded perception, etc. It was amazing. I had no frame of reference to have expectations to taint the experience. I had to just give myself to it. That said, with DMT, if you go a little too far and find it overwhelming, you'll likely be totally fine because for the bulk of the experience one will to immersed to pay too much attentionto any difficulty they may be having with it. It's also nice with vaped DMT because the duration is so short. One only has to hold on for a little while.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

MAGMA17
#17 Posted : 10/21/2021 4:33:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Deleted

Sanista
#18 Posted : 10/21/2021 4:40:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MAGMA17 wrote:
Tomorrow I'll have my first psychedelic experience. I decided to communicate with the San Pedro. Today I took 20 grams of powder, I wet it a little with distilled water and I made numerous small balls. Then I put them in the freezer. I will eat them in the early afternoon, tomorrow.
I am a bit nervous Big grin I hope to receive love and knowledge, but I don't expect anything. I hope the cactus will want to talk to me. I will try not to get overwhelmed by anxiety.
When I can I will write here how it went!

I'm really excited for you! I don't know anything about mescaline or the dosages, but some general tips for any psychedelic experience:

Make sure you have a nice, comfortable environment with some water or fruit juice ready, and some comfortable clothing. Maybe some light snacks (fruit?) in case you get hungry. Ensure you cannot get interrupted by anything or anyone, but equally see if you can have someone you know and trust aware of what you are doing, if you are alone. Any psychedelic experience can have both highs and lows, like anything in life, so be prepared for a lot of fun, but also potentially some uncomfortable feelings, such as being too hot/too cold or maybe a bit of tummy ache. These things are never anything to worry about.

I am sure that you will have a lot of fun - get a nice playlist ready with some of your favourite songs!

I look forward to reading about your experience afterwards! The first psychedelic experience is truly a magical one.

Homo Trypens
#19 Posted : 10/21/2021 6:02:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

MAGMA17 wrote:
I tend to be cautious when there is something about "survival". For example I tend to be nervous in a car when someone else is driving. Because I don't have control of the situation. So on this point of view I may have a block in letting myself go with the substance, but reading about it is helpin me a lot to understand that this is necessary and I think I will be able to do it.
With people and experiences I am usually direct. I can tell the truth to your face. But at the same time I have social anxiety, I have very few friends, and they're all from my childhood.
At the same time I am the person who always organizes group experiences. I always propose new things to my friends. So I am a bit of a contradiction. LOL.

Being a bit of a contradiction is a good thing i think. The control thing with psychedelics is also contradictory in some sense Smile

For me personally, I really have close to no control at all over what i experience. I have full control over how i feel about it though. What has always served me well when things got a little rough, was my humour. If i have a hard time being in the spot i'm in, i just take a step outside myself, become the observer. That allows me to laugh about the pickle i'm in, or feel empathy for my inner child, or whatever helps to transform the moment. It can't be halted, but it can be transformed!

I'm not sure if 20g of San Pedro powder will do much. I think it shouldn't be very intense (judging from the powder i have), so it's probably a good dose for a first try. I recommend to have a bucket nearby just in case you get the urge to vomit. It can happen sometimes. Walking to the toilet tripping balls can be a challenge Very happy

I wish you a great journey tomorrow!

Voidmatrix
#20 Posted : 10/21/2021 6:33:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Homo Typhens wrote:
Being a bit of a contradiction is a good thing i think. The control thing with psychedelics is also contradictory in some sense Smile

It appears that the more one surrenders, the more "control" one can have. Paradoxically...

Love

One love

12NEXT