We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
MHRB tea for oral use -expediment of tannine removal by hydrolysed collagen Options

orlin1
#21 Posted : 9/21/2021 8:46:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for response

After 2 more days in room temperature ( no more space in fridge) perticipation on surface increased but looks more oily than before (maybe due to temprature) with few about 0,5mm crystal growths. Its from very small doses of MHRB.

Process seems very slow maybe salting will help to push it to surface quicker
Have option to try it with NaCl,citrate salt,MgSO4 in some future tests.
Curious how much effect salts have to push freebase to top may also usefull to increase intial pulls with NPS.

notes Salting:

Specific Ion Effects and the Hofmeister Series
The degree of salting-out, reflecting the activity coefficient of the aqueous solution, is sometimes attributed to aqueous ionic strength, as Debye–Hückel theory provides a direct mathematical link.(47) However, without the inclusion of additional empirical parameters, this relationship only holds true up to 0.1 M in salt concentration. This upper bound greatly limits its relevance, since salting out is typically performed with much higher salt concentrations.(37b, 4Cool At these higher concentrations, specific ion effects(49) are observed instead, which is the general and consistent ordering of anions in relation to their salting-out strengths.(35) For example, in one of the earliest studies on salting-out, the following sequences were found for decreasing the water solubility of phenylthiourea with respect to the anions: OH– ≈ SO42– ≈ CO32– > ClO3– ≈ BrO3– ≈ Cl– ≈ OAc– ≈ IO3– > Br– ≈ I– > NO3–; and the cations: Na+ > K+ > Li+ ≈ Ba2+ ≈ Rb+ ≈ Ca2+ ≈ Ni2+ ≈ Co2+ ≈ Mg2+ ≈ Fe2+ ≈ Zn2+ ≈ Cs+ ≈ Mn2+ ≈ Al3+ > NH4+ > H+.(34a) Conspicuously, it has been observed in the vast majority of cases that the anion has a much larger effect than the cation and the ordering of anions in terms of salting power is nearly constant.(35, 50) Anions in the beginning of this series through approximately Cl– will salt-out and are often called kosmotropes (order-making), while anions near the end of this series will salt-in and are often called chaotropes (chaos-making). The sequence for cations, however, is more variable and sensitive to the nature of the solute, particularly when polar functional groups are present.(35a, 51) A limited number of studies have explored the scope of salting-out/in with respect to the solute’s structure, but some general trends have been established. The magnitude of specific ion effects will generally increase with the following attributes of the nonelectrolyte: (1) higher polarizability,(52) (e.g., extended aromatics), (2) larger molecular size/volume,(34b, 35a, 53) and (3) lower polarity.(54)
Salting effects have further significance because they trend closely with the Hofmeister series.(55, 56) This phenomenon is the empirical ordering of salts based on the minimum concentration needed to cause protein precipitation from an aqueous solution. The sequence established for anions ordered from most to least precipitating is CO32– > SO42– > S2O32– > H2PO4– > F– > Cl– > Br– ≈ NO3– > I– > ClO4– > SCN–; and for cations: (CH3)4N+ > Cs+ > Rb+ > NH4+ > K+ > Na+ > Li+ > Mg2+ > Ca2+. Strikingly, the sequence for anions parallels the salting-out series for small molecules while the sequence for cations is rearranged (vida infra). The Hofmeister series also has far-reaching importance(57) with relevance to diverse fields including aquatic(35b, 5Cool and atmospheric chemistry,(59) microbiology,(60) physiology and medicine,(61) biochemistry,(62) food chemistry,(63) anion binding and host–guest interactions,(64) chromatography,(65) and polymer behavior.(66) Although the observations by Hofmeister may appear unrelated to the current discussion, many of the same underlying chemical forces are responsible for the Hofmeister series and salting-out/in of small molecules. The importance of these effects on solution chemistry is likely why the Hofmeister series is so prevalent throughout the physical and biological sciences.
source:https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.oprd.7b00197

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

orlin1
#22 Posted : 9/22/2021 6:05:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Xylene water - smell test
Room temprature water 200ml mixed with 10ml xylene,let to separate for 1h , siphoned out buttom 100ml of water.
- no xylene smell or taste in water after 24 H at about 8-15C in open jar (100ml)

note form 1 wrong test : wash pipete/turky blaster after pull trought xylene layer or use separatory funnel . Some xylen stuck on outside and dropped in water only few drops max , visible film on about half of water surface but slill smell after 24h .

When discarding basified collagen solution sludge on bottom of shotgalss i notice h 2 disticnt colors.
Some wierd greenisch stuff . Its only on basified collagen treated tea , egg white and untreated have only one visible white/grey color layer.

Top of NaOH basified citric acid wash of xylene pull after about week in room temp ( from half of 3rd xylene pull from 50g MHRB after month to see if anything is still in sludge before throwing it away) + little bit MHRB tea

---
Top of basified MHRB tea with fresh water added to sludge after 3days in room temp

orlin1
#23 Posted : 9/25/2021 7:46:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

New collagen tannine removal test

Prep of some tannine MHRB liqid
70g MHRB 2 day water soak (+ little bit of citric acid 0,2g max)
decanted
2 day in fridge
decanted
resulted in 175ml of dark red liqid (2,5ml per g of bark )
* test is for collagen tannine removal not preparation of ideal oral dose
* also want to test the taste of cold soked vs boiled -) taste horrible
**bark was later shreded in mixer and used for Cybs' Hybrid ATB 'Salt' Tek

20ml used for this collagen test ( plan to use it with harmalas 8g eq. of bark if it by some chance extracted all seems as safe dose)

5ml of hydrolised collagen mixed with 20 ml of water
slowly added 5ml of this solution to 20ml MHRB liqid and mixed

* images before/after mixing
let it settle for 10min and then taste still taste of tannines but is much better

tested add few more drops -) liqied layer gets cluody
added about another 1ml and mixed
wait 5min - top layer is more whiteish than before

.. repeated few times ..
at all added 15 ml of collagen solution
final result

* after few hours in fridge get even more clear

Still little bit of tannine taste and bark taste (before fridge)
*Adding more collagen after end of visible perticipation is prpobly no problem
, strong collagen solution have specific aftertaste not too bad but little bit strange.
** Today a tesed harmala alone and effects was little bit less but still comparable from last week mix of haramals + collagen perticipate (his time it was crude base extract-abab in apple juice last week one-manske in capsule. On empty stomach, no noticable nausea, bearly noticable wrongnes in stomach.

Some pictures from harmalas extraction under UV (not ideal wavelenghth)

Acidic rue tea (citric acid)

*color in reality is much better, some expedimenting with tablet camera setup --) need better camera

Basing with NaOH solution

NaOH added until i do not see green glow and perticipation + few drops to be sure

Interesting color change
acidic - green/blue
after basing - no glow
few hours after basing -yellow glow

orlin1
#24 Posted : 10/3/2021 8:59:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

New test 40ml ( eq of 16g 2day soaked bark)
- collagen added directly and stirred -) no reaction after 15 min (it was cold from fridge)
- after hour still no good reaction
- added little bit of citric acid -) instant reaction
- filtered -) color same as previous test
- little bit of bark smell taste almoust ok
* some nausea reaction to smell -) with covered nose much better but still some reaction from smell from throat .It helped drink more water something stronger tasting can be better.

*probably good idea add more acid co convert tannates but not too much to taste bad
*perticipate from last week on bottom of shot glass changed color to dark red
---
Last week 20 ml +220 mg of harmala hcl
- mid to strong nausea
- no vomiting
- not very strong effects , week geometric patterns not very long
- return to normal state after about 8h (from harmala dose)

This week 40ml + 210mg of harmala hcl (new batch , in capsule , 30min before)
- no nausea
- effect little bit stronger but no visuals
- return to normal state 11+ hours

---
Subjective experience notes
*Effect seems blocked by my internal psychic defense it wants predictability and not like DMT very much.Interesting is a way how it try control experience in previous ones it used nausea and constant need to pee and not able to.In last 2 experiences is more about controlling internal and external stimuli to stop potential run away feedback loops at begining. Physical effect very slow and shallow breathing aversion to move , open eyes .. Thoughts in short loops when activity meets certain treshold its reset to almoust 0 and start new cycle. Allows only limited range of predictable states without chance of run away unpredictable reaction. Strong/new stimulus can temporaly break from limits but system relativly fast adapts and dont allow same in future.

Dmt+harmala mix helped to see limits of this state more clearly . Its like almoust constatly bashing head againts a wall.Faster way how to get to state bounadary. So far no luck how to solve it.
*Problems are caused by about 15 years old programs/sugestions about safety.They have strong adaptive and self protecting function and slowly grow too much.They take safety too literaly and ingnore wider system.

downwardsfromzero
#25 Posted : 10/3/2021 12:58:57 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
Interesting color change
acidic - green/blue
after basing - no glow
few hours after basing -yellow glow

Off-topic, but this caught my eye. Are we perhaps seeing something like precipitation, followed by redissolution, of harmol/harmalol?

Have you compared the effects of the collagen-treated brews with those of a known amount extracted DMT? Losses in the collagen treatment could be behind the weaker effects you seem to be experiencing.

Beyond that, just breathe deep and go with the flow!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

orlin1
#26 Posted : 10/3/2021 2:26:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Pure DMT and collagen-treated comparison - so far not but have it planed .It was relatively comparable to egg white method but is hard to make conclusions with only few tests.

I saved the collagen perticipate and plan to test it with harmalas if it have any effects.Last time i used only small amount.
* there is also chance that it has DMT but will have no effect it can be to strongly bound or release with to long delay to be affected by harmalas.

Next week plan to do some extractions and get some crystals. So far not much luck.
Last attempt was use spent bark from 2 day soak, but i didnt get anything from it with naphta.
Plan t do xylene pulls on it to see if its anything there.
* conditions were not ideal and there was few mistakes

--
Some of my MHRB tea catch some mold in fridge (after few weeks) - so to drain with it Sad
The rest form old batch and about 65ml from 2day soak plan to base and do naphta pull.

Interesting after after basing 20g NaOH and salt 25g + about 80ml of water. There is some layer separation. Solution have more gray color not black like basified bark and on top is small brown layer. ( this use liqid from 2day soak)

The second batch has come collagen in it and i used MgSO4 instead normal salt.
it also have layer separation but not as disticnt.

Didnt see this layer separation with basified bark probably to black to see.
In this test i also intentionaly use large amount of salt and NaOH to increase salting out and layer separation.

Harmalas under UV it can be interesting i found some studys where can be answer but so far not have time to read them. Not have very good UV lamp it have unknown spectrum and probably not ideal
also camera in tablet is crap. Be interesting use some better camera as improvised spectrometer.

probabaly one of this studys i found full text somewhere but can find it now:

-Fluorescence of harmol, harmalol and 2-hydroxycarbazole in concentrated hydroxide solutions
-Fluorescence charactersitics of β-carboline alkaloids in highly concentrated hydroxide solutions
-Ionization equilibria of harmol and harmalol in concentrated hydroxide solutions
-Acid–base and spectral properties of β-carbolines. Part 1. Tetrahydro-β-carbolines

too complex for me and so far is not priority

orlin1
#27 Posted : 10/10/2021 10:05:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Collagen precipitate test
- from 2 last test combined
- 165 mg of haramala hcl -) less body load , no nausea
- dark red solid crushed and drinked in water
- powder tasteless
- after siting 5 min in water slight collagen taste
- no noticable nausea , better than 40ml test

DMT effects
- bit stronger than from 40ml of liqid
- effects more gradual may be useful for contemplative relatively stable states

result :
Collagen capture of DMT is high in these tests i say at least 30% but can be much more.

notes + ideas:
Precipitate in bottom of shot glass from 20ml created nice hard dark red tablet i crushed it but i may be interesting eat it whole.Main problem is unknown amount of DMT.

Eating precipitate can have unknown dangers.

Potential is some advantage is easier redosing in hightened sensitivity smell and taste of liqid make me gag but tastles power and water will be probably Ok.

Lower harmalas for future tests. With 170mg it was ok drink water without upseting stomach.
-) look at potential of lower dose and harmala redosing

PREV12