We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Would you do DMT if your life is not in a good place? Options

Jees
#21 Posted : 9/12/2021 12:31:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seems I'm not done Pleased

Sometimes someone comes back saying: "Everything is exactly as it used to be" insight.
Totally preposterous and non understandable slash counter-intuitive.
It looks like 'do nothing to change' but it's about the acceptance of one's square zero, it frees energy by accepting the inevitable reality at present. Not by philosophy or reason, but by experiential feelings.

Like the cosmic joke it's debatable nonsens but to the one having FELT it, it cannot be undone anymore, however the mind goes about it afterwards. That is healing grand cru classé in my book.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Voidmatrix
#22 Posted : 9/12/2021 3:28:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

@Jees

I don't deny your point. Mine was with regard to vaping freebase DMT versus pharma or Aya, suggested by tatt and a few others (and how I find lower doses to be highly therapeutic) . I think that going the distance, being subsumed in the grand mystery and cosmic joke can be highly therapeutic as well. I think it's something that'll depend on context and intent (rather than a hard and steady rule about which approach is the most therapeutic). In some instances, some may need a change of perspective or an exercise in understanding, or need to be blasted the hell away and identity stripped in order to realize that a particular issue or situation in laughable, etc. Everything (philosophy, phenomenology, reason, etc) has it'splace in the proper context and intent. And in my own guide work and studies, context and intent for varied approaches is key.

Context and intent. Context and intent.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

RhythmSpring
#23 Posted : 9/12/2021 5:16:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Would I do DMT if my life were not in a good place?
I'd do DMT because my life was not in a good place.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Jees
#24 Posted : 9/12/2021 5:51:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix, I read you there, horses for courses and vaped is indeed whacky whack, this is so good in a forum to hear a bunch of personal additions Love

Voidmatrix
#25 Posted : 9/12/2021 9:25:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Jees wrote:
horses for courses

I'm going to start using this Big grin

In my perspective, every ROA, and every degree of intensity can have therapeutic value within their own thresholds. All just depends.

I enjoy seeing and hearing all of these different perspectives too Love

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

RoundAbout
#26 Posted : 9/14/2021 10:39:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was also referring to oral DMT by the way. I also do not fixate on issues. I find it valuable for reading emotions and perceiving myself physically. Typically it's just come as it may, not focused. That can still link back to large issues in your life, but it's just a matter of perceiving small things, not tracing out the arc of your life while you're high.

Vaped is often (always thus far in my experience) very far removed from specific personal issues, even when it's not at breakthrough doses.

Jees wrote:
I'm sorry sounding offending to a lot of people who practice this way, but this is just IM(not so)HO.

Jees wrote:
I've been called hedonic-mis-use of molecules (aya in that case) because I didn't use it to swim in my shit to solve it, then I look at that very person thinking (didn't say it though) "Well that didn't work out for you it seems after years of yours-ways".

Needs more emojis.

M0K0
#27 Posted : 9/15/2021 8:59:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can read everywhere that you should not take psychadelics if you are mentally in a bad state or your life is not running as it should.
Honestly psychadelics did the most healing for me when my life was not running great and they gave me the power to change things.
Beware the trips can be exausting.
love is out.
If you smoke it right, you can't hold a pipe.

slane
#28 Posted : 9/15/2021 11:09:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

M0K0 wrote:
You can read everywhere that you should not take psychadelics if you are mentally in a bad state or your life is not running as it should.
Honestly psychadelics did the most healing for me when my life was not running great and they gave me the power to change things.
Beware the trips can be exausting.
love is out.

I feel the same way. As long as I am accepting of all, inside myself and outside myself, growth can happen.

I often feel more comfortable tripping than I do sober.

Last year, I had a great deal of change going on in my life--as did a lot of us--and by October I was totally wiped out. I took many DMT trips in January/February and they were all fantastic and full of love. There was nothing for me in the trips that was sad, scary, or negative in the slightest. I was sad, and depressed, but appreciative of being alive and receptive to anywhere the trips brought me. And without fail, all I felt during my experiences was the warmth and reassurance of a power and all-encompassing safety that was benign, infinite, and true.

WHy does talking about DMT always end up making me sound so gushy Love Neutral Wink

jamie
#29 Posted : 9/15/2021 2:58:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have taken ayahausca when my life was not going at all the way I wanted it to. I was left feeling even worse after, for months.

Another time 5 years ago I took a large dose of rue and mimosa after a long drawn out crappy relationship ended, I had some pretty serious health issues, anxiety attacks etc...this time it was like having a full on breakdown of my self. I think it was positive, in retrospect to have had that experience. At the time however, I was most certainly manic.

A few months later I ate Iboga, and that really did help me. It brought me down a lot from some of my own delusions. It also made me a lot more stern with certain people in my life, as well as fairly critical of things that I could see clearly were problems at least in my life. The trip was very involved with detailed visions instructing me on how to pretty much grow a spine in life. Some people around me did not like that, and I cut them out. For me, taking Iboga when my life felt like a mess was a good thing. I don't think it looked that way to certain people.

I feel there are too many psychedelic zealots. Do what you will and be willing to accept responsibility for it.

I am not talking about threshhold or microdoses. In the end I think people can get a bit caught up in the euphoric high of a teeny tiny dose. They have a place but are not at all what I am referring to here. Little low doses did not help me much when I was having these issues. They probly made some of them worse.
Long live the unwoke.

Tony6Strings
#30 Posted : 9/16/2021 1:13:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

During some of the most painfully difficult times of my life I had some particularly comforting dmt experiences.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

downwardsfromzero
#31 Posted : 9/16/2021 6:14:44 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

My personal rule is to take psychedelics when having physically made the journey to a suitable location. The journey itself is the doing of the work and being literally removed from one's usual situation goes some good way towards preventing any wallowing in shit - as Jees rightly mentions. Having gone to that trouble, of course, it's typically more useful to take in the beauty with something more long-lasting than vaped freebase. (24 hours with some cactus works wonders in my case.)

[YMMV]

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Sky Motion
#32 Posted : 9/16/2021 11:13:27 PM

<3

downwardsfromzero wrote:
My personal rule is to take psychedelics when having physically made the journey to a suitable location. The journey itself is the doing of the work and being literally removed from one's usual situation goes some good way towards preventing any wallowing in shit - as Jees rightly mentions. Having gone to that trouble, of course, it's typically more useful to take in the beauty with something more long-lasting than vaped freebase. (24 hours with some cactus works wonders in my case.)

[YMMV]

Growing some now, hope they explode soon enough!

Vangoghdream
#33 Posted : 9/20/2021 2:46:04 AM
WiFfLe In a WaFfLe BoX

DMT has always made me revaluate what is good, bad and all the hues in between. I have had bad things happen to me that ended up making me stronger and better than I was before. I have had good things cause me pain. The stories of what and how and why don't matter. What matters is how you look at it all. Looking from a new perspective can change your course in an instance. The good and bad suddenly become something of the same thing, an experience of differing value, content, frequency and vibration. I always found this to be a hard concept until it wasn't.

It's all to easy to slip back into old narratives and somehow forget important lessons, we are human. The lessons are there to go and learn anytime we wish, be it when we are in great form and confident, or when we need some energy because we feel weak or beaten down by life. Just be careful in exploration and set a course towards what drives your soul, so to speak. Don't be so intrepid as you may never set out to adventure to begin with. Get your psychedelic tools of survival ready, know how to use them and go adventure when it calls out for you.

Set and Setting is mostly in the mind.

PREV12