We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
What size stash box to get? Options

IridiumAndLace
#1 Posted : 5/24/2021 8:26:55 AM

Stardust in lingerie

Here's an easy question for everyone: How much volume does a typical gram of DMT occupy?

I need to order some kind of container to store my spice once I extract it, but I realized I have no actual idea how big of a container I need. I have a reasonable idea of what yield I can expect, but I don't know how much space a given mass of spice takes up. Help?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Sakkadelic
#2 Posted : 5/24/2021 9:55:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dmt is slightly more dense than water, if it's melted it'll occupy 1.1 ml per gram. In its solid crystalline form it's more fluffy and i imagine it'll occupy more volume, i don't think it'll be more than 2 mls per gram
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 5/24/2021 1:39:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Get a large RYOT safe case. This way you can store a Glass Vapor Genie, several grams spice, shrooms, whatever, it locks, can even double duty as methadone carryout container. It is a nice box and keeps my alkaloids and paraphernalia stored and safe.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

IridiumAndLace
#4 Posted : 5/25/2021 6:15:59 PM

Stardust in lingerie

Hmm, so about 2cc per gram (plus a little extra space) is a reasonable estimate?

@Tony6Strings That looks like a great piece of kit, but maybe a little overkill for my purposes. 😉

dreamer042
#5 Posted : 5/26/2021 10:35:59 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Shameless plug for a Nexian business.

Oneiros Glass
has a variety of wonderful embossed molecule jars designed for this very purpose.

I'm not sure if they are currently active, so it might be a good idea to fire off an email and check before making a purchase.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 5/27/2021 12:00:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I like using those little bottles for essential oils as well as the containers for THC concentrates to hold my precious (Golem voice) Spice.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Bisy
#7 Posted : 5/27/2021 6:20:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the + or - tolerances for the volume of a g of any particular crystalline powder is pretty negligible in reference to the size of container required to hold it. something in your makeup bag is going to be just right. (sorry, i cant help myself regarding the following joke) and if you really find yourself needing an additional level of concealment, you'll probably find that in your underwear drawer...Big grin )

back to reality, im gonna assume your home is a rather safe place, in which case im sure there is a box on a shelf somewhere that has to be opened to observe its contents, that will suffice perfectly.

If you're trying to hide it from a significant other, the issue to address isnt the hiding of it, but the need to hide it and the conditions set forth in the agreement to cohabitate.

finally, the issue of practical significance, leaving the safety of your abode and traveling in a vehicle with it.. A: if you drive a unregistered beater with no taillights, just dont do it.
B: if you look and carry yourself respectably and sober. just dont leave it in plain sight or with your vehicle documents.

cVery happy:e:f:g:h:i:j:k:etc.: make enhanced leaf or changa, carry it in a bag with a weed pipe and call it cannabis.
Everything i say is fictional, I just wanna be cool and fit in.

Northerner
#8 Posted : 5/27/2021 7:54:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you're anything like me one jar is never going to be enough. In a bid to future proof myself I bought 12 X 30g amber makeup jars years ago. They have a nice wide mouth and hold 5g of changa or 20g of spice comfortably. It's been a pretty good solution to a long term question. A label maker really helps too.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 5/27/2021 1:40:47 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

This thread has persistently reminded me of the Fear and Loathing quote:

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 5/28/2021 1:07:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^Perfect placement df0

Northerner wrote:
If you're anything like me one jar is never going to be enough. In a bid to future proof myself I bought 12 X 30g amber makeup jars years ago. They have a nice wide mouth and hold 5g of changa or 20g of spice comfortably. It's been a pretty good solution to a long term question. A label maker really helps too.

Yup! This ^^ is me too! I even have multiple changa jars. At this point, I have a Spice box, a changa box (with all of my herbs and harmalas), and a small drug box. Then there's the jars of mushrooms lol.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Northerner
#11 Posted : 5/28/2021 1:26:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've got a pretty awesome herb and herbacious material collection as well. Boxes of the stuff. Smile

What caught up with me is I have spent a lot of time doing extractions and creating smoking mixes as a hobby rather than a means to an end. There's only so much one can consume before it starts to interfere with the "real" world and then suddenly you've got several lifetimes supply and DMTrees and bushes growing all over your property and you maybe wonder if your obsessive nature has sunk it's teeth into this a bit much. Laughing
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Voidmatrix
#12 Posted : 5/28/2021 1:34:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Northerner wrote:
I've got a pretty awesome herb and herbacious material collection as well. Boxes of the stuff. Smile

What caught up with me is I have spent a lot of time doing extractions and creating smoking mixes as a hobby rather than a means to an end. There's only so much one can consume before it starts to interfere with the "real" world and then suddenly you've got several lifetimes supply and DMTrees and bushes growing all over your property and you maybe wonder if your obsessive nature has sunk it's teeth into this a bit much. Laughing

Ha! That's great! Would not say it's [too muchness] a bad thing? Maybe too much of a good thing? LolVery happy

I have yet to have the space to plant some of these plants myself, but my personal obsession ended me with a tattoo of the molecule on my shoulder bladeLove

One love

bismillah
#13 Posted : 5/28/2021 12:25:53 PM

My Personalized Tag

I use an old tin of mints with a paper envelope inside, kept in the fridge. The bonus of this setup is that you can decorate the envelope Big grin
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

laggy
#14 Posted : 5/28/2021 9:30:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IridiumAndLace wrote:
Here's an easy question for everyone: How much volume does a typical gram of DMT occupy?

I need to order some kind of container to store my spice once I extract it, but I realized I have no actual idea how big of a container I need. I have a reasonable idea of what yield I can expect, but I don't know how much space a given mass of spice takes up. Help?

SWIM has heard of Infinity Jars. Can't remember how I came across them. Thick glass. They seal well. Dark as night.
Infinity Jars

SWIM said DMT is fluffy. Maybe take the mL size of container and divide by 3 or so and that's about how many grams it will hold. eg. 15ml = 5g, 100 = 33ish g
Here it is standing: atoms with consciousness; matter with curiosity. Stands at the sea, wonders at wondering: I, a universe of atoms an atom in the universe. - Richard Feynman

Because you didn’t come here to make a choice, you’ve already made it. You’re here to try to understand why you made it. - The Oracle, Matrix Reloaded

laggy
#15 Posted : 5/28/2021 9:33:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bismillah wrote:
I use an old tin of mints with a paper envelope inside, kept in the fridge. The bonus of this setup is that you can decorate the envelope Big grin

LOL...the best part!!
Here it is standing: atoms with consciousness; matter with curiosity. Stands at the sea, wonders at wondering: I, a universe of atoms an atom in the universe. - Richard Feynman

Because you didn’t come here to make a choice, you’ve already made it. You’re here to try to understand why you made it. - The Oracle, Matrix Reloaded

Voidmatrix
#16 Posted : 5/29/2021 1:31:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

laggy wrote:
IridiumAndLace wrote:

SWIM has heard of Infinity Jars. Can't remember how I came across them. Thick glass. They seal well. Dark as night.
Infinity Jars

SWIM said DMT is fluffy. Maybe take the mL size of container and divide by 3 or so and that's about how many grams it will hold. eg. 15ml = 5g, 100 = 33ish g

Yup! Getting me some of them jars [sic]! Good call leggy.

One love

IridiumAndLace
#17 Posted : 6/6/2021 5:41:49 AM

Stardust in lingerie

IridiumAndLace wrote:
How much volume does a typical gram of DMT occupy?

To bring this thread back around to my original question, I've ascertained that 250mg of sparkly white DMT, tapped down but not packed at all, takes up almost exactly 2.5ml.

This is both fascinating and slightly unsettling: if my MHRB is quality and I achieve optimal yields, the container I ordered is not going to be anywhere near big enough. Eep!

Sakkadelic
#18 Posted : 6/6/2021 9:34:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's 5x my prediction haha, sorry Embarrased
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

Tony6Strings
#19 Posted : 6/6/2021 1:01:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is pics of jars I use, they originally contain cannabis oil from store. I clean them with alcohol before using for spice.
Tony6Strings attached the following image(s):
20210528_143253_HDR.jpg (2,380kb) downloaded 94 time(s).
20210518_145052_HDR.jpg (2,579kb) downloaded 94 time(s).
IMG_20210422_124622.jpg (1,161kb) downloaded 90 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

IridiumAndLace
#20 Posted : 6/7/2021 1:02:15 AM

Stardust in lingerie

Tony6Strings wrote:
Here is pics of jars I use, they originally contain cannabis oil from store. I clean them with alcohol before using for spice.

Hehe, I love the extraction bottle in the background of the one picture. Also that's a nice crop in the last picture... B+ Cubes?

12NEXT