We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV6789NEXT
Tony's Cubensis Grow Thread Options

downwardsfromzero
#141 Posted : 2/6/2022 8:36:09 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Nice results, Tony.

That side fruiting could become problematic. You might want to suppress it by using some kind of light shielding around the outside of the base and sides of the tub, so that only the upper surface of the substrate gets illuminated.

I found a nice perspex box in my attic the other day, would make a good SAB. Also got hold of some agar. We'll see what happens. If it does, well, it's your thread that's been inspiring of late Big grin

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Tony6Strings
#142 Posted : 2/6/2022 11:51:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks dfz!! I hope the surface takes off once casing is colonized. It's just slow, the other box I did the same time the casing colonized, hardly any side pins.

My first Natalensis!! Germ plate pin. Placed firmly onto a new agar. Hope it grows!!

Can anybody tell me why it is popular to use plate pins to start a clone culture?? I know it's clean and all, being in agar...
Tony6Strings attached the following image(s):
IMG_20220206_154300_MP.jpg (3,930kb) downloaded 127 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

downwardsfromzero
#143 Posted : 2/7/2022 12:22:01 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Is it perhaps that the pin indicates it's very likely a fruiting strain? That's a guess, I wouldn't call myself an expert.

I love the creative use of dipping sauce tubs - or is that what Petri dishes look like nowadays?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Tony6Strings
#144 Posted : 2/7/2022 12:56:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ketchup cups, yes!! I love them. A couple few dollars for a bag of 50. One of these days I will get some legitimate petris. Some glass ones I can reuse.
olympus mon wrote:

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Cheelin
#145 Posted : 2/7/2022 1:42:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
Thanks dfz!! I hope the surface takes off once casing is colonized. It's just slow, the other box I did the same time the casing colonized, hardly any side pins.

My first Natalensis!! Germ plate pin. Placed firmly onto a new agar. Hope it grows!!

Can anybody tell me why it is popular to use plate pins to start a clone culture?? I know it's clean and all, being in agar...

Kinda like pastywhyte’s containers on shroomery.

Btw, i used to worry about side- and even bottom- pinning/fruiting on my shoeboxes. Anymore, i let them fruit away. Then, when ready to harvest, i fill up my shoebox with tapwater, float the substrate, and harvest, bodhisatta-style.

Shoebaxes are great, especially for a lazy guy like me. Plenty shroomage, practically no work.

You’re killin it dude! I particularly respect the low-tech success.

Tony6Strings
#146 Posted : 2/7/2022 4:11:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Cheelin!! Very kind of you to say so!
olympus mon wrote:

downwardsfromzero
#147 Posted : 2/7/2022 7:47:03 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Cheelin wrote:
Btw, i used to worry about side- and even bottom- pinning/fruiting on my shoeboxes. Anymore, i let them fruit away. Then, when ready to harvest, i fill up my shoebox with tapwater, float the substrate, and harvest, bodhisatta-style.
Nice to get one's ideas updated Smile
When the substrate can be freed from the container without damage side-pinning needn't be a problem at all. My concerns clearly hark back to the times of growing in shouldered jars where getting to the sides of the jars is far more difficult.

I've learnt so much from this thread Thumbs up

Cheelin, is your tap water chlorinated?

shroombee
#148 Posted : 2/7/2022 9:11:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With shoebox tek, after harvesting I tip the substrate out of the box to clean off the side and bottom fruits/aborts.

Shoebox tek for the win!

Cheelin
#149 Posted : 2/7/2022 9:25:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Cheelin wrote:
Nice to get one's ideas updated Smile
When the substrate can be freed from the container without damage side-pinning needn't be a problem at all. My concerns clearly hark back to the times of growing in shouldered jars where getting to the sides of the jars is far more difficult.

I've learnt so much from this thread Thumbs up

Cheelin, is your tap water chlorinated?

Yep, and mushrooms will metabolize almost anything, so i’m probably taking in a microdose of chlorine, but at my age wtf? Lol

Cheelin
#150 Posted : 2/7/2022 9:43:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

shroombee wrote:
With shoebox tek, after harvesting I tip the substrate out of the box to clean off the side and bottom fruits/aborts.

Shoebox tek for the win!

For personal consumption, anything bigger than a shoebox is a waste; and if you insist on peoducng a lot, you’re probably better off running multiple shoeboxes, from multiple perspectives.

I float, harvest, flip, harvest, repeat, then submerge for 12-24 hrs; usually get 2-3 nice flushes, then toss the substrate under my fueltanks to let mycelium/metabolites break down the hydrocabons. Plant matter is prettymuch all hydrocarbon, oil-based products are just another form…you don’t even need the mycelium to be alive, excreted metabolites will decompose hydrocarbs.

Mushrooms are unsung heroes.

Sorry Tony, I’ll go back and hog Loveall’s thread…

downwardsfromzero
#151 Posted : 2/7/2022 10:08:39 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Cheelin wrote:
Yep, and mushrooms will metabolize almost anything, so i’m probably taking in a microdose of chlorine, but at my age wtf? Lol
Quite the contrary of dissing chlorinated water, now that I live somewhere with a different approach to ensuring water supply cleanliness I'm fondly recalling the benefits of having dilute bleach on tap. Just don't use it to dissolve the acid Big grin

Quote:
Sorry Tony, I’ll go back and hog Loveall’s thread…
Laughing you're quite welcome to start a thread of your own any time.

Cheelin
#152 Posted : 2/7/2022 10:27:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

👍🏻

👍🏻

Tony6Strings
#153 Posted : 2/8/2022 5:26:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It is crazy to me how mycelium eats food coloring right out of agar!! Also when I transfer a puck of blue agar onto a green plate, the blue leaches into the green with mycelium as the myc grows out and down!!

I love mushrooms I love learning about cultivation. One thing I've always wanted and dreamed of, since my first powerful experience at age 16, was an unlimited supply of psychedelic material. Be this LSD or mushrooms. Back then I didn't know a thing about plant psychedelics and where they came from and or how to go about being self sufficient and take my own responsibility for producing my own entheogens. Would that I had done a little reading back then. Things were different though, 2004 Erowid was not the Nexus. I tripped on psychs if and when I was turned on and usually I would buy as much as I could when things like doses or shrooms were available. I always wanted to trip more. I always felt like, if I had unlimited access to this medicine, it would help and heal so much in my life.

I tell you. I feel great. I take a high dose of mushrooms once a week, sometimes once every four days. My usual winter depression is nowhere to be found this year. I love my life and I love my family and I owe a great deal to plant psychedelics and dmt nexus!!

And Cheelin or anyone else is welcome here to rave about the greatness of the mushrooms!!! Mush love my friends!!
olympus mon wrote:

Cheelin
#154 Posted : 2/8/2022 12:21:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Tony. I love your enthusiasm, resourcefulness, and desire for self-sufficiency in both supply and self-treatment. Keep on keeping on!

Tony6Strings
#155 Posted : 2/8/2022 6:31:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks buddy I will do!!!

Aa+ side fruit. My jars, first agar inoculation, Melmac and Natalensis.
IMG_20220208_082732_MP.jpg (4,831kb) downloaded 65 time(s).
IMG_20220208_102221_MP.jpg (6,138kb) downloaded 65 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Tony6Strings
#156 Posted : 2/10/2022 5:39:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

60 grams fresh Aa+ (albino amazonian) boiled for 15 minutes, turned off heat and added bag of Stash green tea.

This is my first time consuming fresh cubensis. Tea made from anyway. Thought about eating them. These were covered in some coir since they grew from side pins below a casing layer, I will eat some fresh another nite. Nom nom. I will eat a whole canopy!! Right out of the tub!!
IMG_20220209_203302_MP.jpg (5,906kb) downloaded 54 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

bismillah
#157 Posted : 2/11/2022 4:15:35 AM

My Personalized Tag

Heyo Tony

Cool thread!

Here are some pins that are grown from that print you sent me Very happy

Doesn't really compare to your stuff. I have no idea why the heck I'm only seeing growth around the edges all the time...
I can only assume it's down to uneven heat. Clearly there is an art to your gorgeous tubs
bismillah attached the following image(s):
IMG_20220210_231030522.jpg (1,709kb) downloaded 47 time(s).
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Tony6Strings
#158 Posted : 2/11/2022 6:59:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bismillah!! I love this thank you for sharing!!! Casing with a small coir layer I've found to be helpful for good pinset!!

olympus mon wrote:

PanaeolusSequence
#159 Posted : 2/11/2022 2:05:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice man, youre getting there.

Now do some genetic work and get those big juicy flushes.

Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions about any part of the process

Tony6Strings
#160 Posted : 2/11/2022 10:40:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've spent the last several months researching cube varieties and acquiring spore.

Melmac is the variety I am most interested in. I've got some on millet and am still working with the culture on agar.
I have four promising looking T2s. Next up I am planning on growing some Fahtster PE and some APE. I have some swabs for some TAT varieties (Ghost, Jack Frost) which I want to grow also.

I've got enough spores to keep me busy a long time. I am grateful.

As happens sometimes, the other night I prepared tea, and by the time we got the kids down and got in bed, myself and my partner were exhausted. Did not partake that night, put my tea in fridge. Drank it last night. Aa+ solid in potency. Very similar to the other Amazonian I've been growing. Very good. I got very high and saw beautiful neon visions of hyperspace for hours. I freaking LOVE the body high from these things, feels amazing to me. Crashed a few hours in the AM and feeling great today. Afterglow. Relaxed. Perhaps I will smoalk some today.

olympus mon wrote:

«PREV6789NEXT