We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV56789NEXT
Tony's Cubensis Grow Thread Options

Tony6Strings
#121 Posted : 1/6/2022 5:20:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Fridgedoor! Thanks for kind words. I haunt some variety specific threads at Shroomery (RW, Nat, melmac/homestead) and was happy to see you had posted some grows in a lot of them!!

I was reading about Natalensis... Because of where you were living, did you ever pick these wild?? I'm excited about having a couple of these prints and growing this mushroom. Also the Melmac I love how they blow up all chonky. I am also very drawn to the luciestic/albino varieties, they are so pretty.

My goal here is simple. I want more mushrooms on hand than I can possibly consume. I want to have so much I can just give away full ziplocks right and left when appropriate. I recently acquired a 30 qt Rubbermaid tote and a 56 qt Sterilite, to these ends, I think bigger grows will be helpful. I seem to be getting the hang of shoeboxes.

I am excited about working on my cultures. I will make plates. Streak spores. Transfer a couple times the most rhysmorphic section. Put this to grain. Grow a shoebox from said grain. Clone the biggest most desirable fruits from shoebox.

I love the DMT Nexus, this place changed my life a million times for the better. I am so grateful to have plant psychedelics in my life.

olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Tony6Strings
#122 Posted : 1/6/2022 7:33:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Millet, flush #2. Wet weight 270 grams. This is the tub from post #110. It is true, grains perform better than flour cakes.

Please note that this flush grew mostly from side pins and a corner cluster. I will take it however I can get it, they're all magic to me.

Surface of substrate covered in hyphal knots and pins, hoping for a good round #3.
Tony6Strings attached the following image(s):
IMG_20220106_102609_MP.jpg (5,128kb) downloaded 252 time(s).
IMG_20220106_102623_MP.jpg (4,398kb) downloaded 250 time(s).
IMG_20220106_110552_MP.jpg (6,068kb) downloaded 245 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Tony6Strings
#123 Posted : 1/7/2022 6:57:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

First "plates". I'll get around to some petris. Streaked a PE swab then stuck it in and broke off in another plate. Streaked spores from Aa+ and Natalensis prints. I am excited to grow moar.

IMG_20220106_205623_MP.jpg (3,470kb) downloaded 235 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Fridge
#124 Posted : 1/7/2022 10:46:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
Hi Fridgedoor! Thanks for kind words. I haunt some variety specific threads at Shroomery (RW, Nat, melmac/homestead) and was happy to see you had posted some grows in a lot of them!!

I was reading about Natalensis... Because of where you were living, did you ever pick these wild?? I'm excited about having a couple of these prints and growing this mushroom. Also the Melmac I love how they blow up all chonky. I am also very drawn to the luciestic/albino varieties, they are so pretty.

My goal here is simple. I want more mushrooms on hand than I can possibly consume. I want to have so much I can just give away full ziplocks right and left when appropriate. I recently acquired a 30 qt Rubbermaid tote and a 56 qt Sterilite, to these ends, I think bigger grows will be helpful. I seem to be getting the hang of shoeboxes.

I am excited about working on my cultures. I will make plates. Streak spores. Transfer a couple times the most rhysmorphic section. Put this to grain. Grow a shoebox from said grain. Clone the biggest most desirable fruits from shoebox.

I love the DMT Nexus, this place changed my life a million times for the better. I am so grateful to have plant psychedelics in my life.

Yes, these threads are my favorite ones on the shroomery, especially the Nat thread! Lately I am only lurking there though. I feel more comfortable posting here for many reasons.

I wish I would stay in the area where Natalensis grow in the wild, but I am located in the South though and these grow in Kwazulu-Natal which is further north. I have buried some spent mycelium cakes in my garden though and can highly recommend doing that if you ever grow them during the warmer seasons. The fruit's appearance is completely different compared to indoor fruits and somehow they reward you with a different kind of experience (maybe that's just a mind thing, but I don't think so). I posted some pics of the outdoor patch on the shroomery, maybe you have seen these.
I get barely any body load and lots of visuals, euphoria and revelations from the outdoor fruits. Very similar to Paneolous Cyanescens.

Agar work is very addictive and opens up so many doors and new possibilities as you surely know already. I got really, really passionate about growing mushrooms once I got into agar stuff. It's fun to look for a good candidate to clone and all these things.

I am sure you will reach your goal Smile. Happy growing and good luck with finding the one fruit to clone!
...no need to worry...

Tony6Strings
#125 Posted : 1/10/2022 10:30:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Popcorn flush #1. 140 grams fresh. Not the most impressive first flush, but there you go, that's why I like to grow box after box, you can always look forward to harvesting mushrooms in your future!! There's bound to be an awesome flush just right around the corner!!!

IMG_20220110_093312_MP.jpg (5,296kb) downloaded 218 time(s).
IMG_20220110_103720_MP.jpg (6,098kb) downloaded 220 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Tony6Strings
#126 Posted : 1/12/2022 2:09:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I really enjoy watching the mycelium do it's thing. This is 2" of millet and coir with about a 1 cm casing of straight coir. Amazonian. This is my first grow that is not Golden Teacher. I have really grown to love these GTs I am going to put some on agar.

My first spores on agar germinated this morning. Aa+, Natalensis and PE all showing fluffy white growth. Will photo next time I've got the SAB out.
IMG_20220111_122654_MP.jpg (4,176kb) downloaded 208 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Tony6Strings
#127 Posted : 1/12/2022 6:22:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I forgot to photo my other germination plates while I had this out. Was too excited about getting these done tonite. I've been amazed by this stuff since I first saw a photo of it, on a FB group called Cubes for Noobs, a packed to bursting mono which overwhelmed the guys dehydrator. I had yet to grow mushroom #1 back then. Ever since I've gotten into the hobby, I've dreamed of growing these. Very grateful to the friendly soul at Shroomery who sent me the swabs and a bunch of others!!

I cleaned a pair tweezers with bleach water rag. Then sterilized with torch flame. Opened swab in SAB. Used tweezers to pull off two spore laden wads of cotton each of which I buried in the first agar plate. Then I used my sterilized knife to cut off most of the wood from the swab, leaving the swab and a small wood piece. I used the wood as a handle and buried the swab into the second agar plate.

If you have grown this variety (melmac), please stop by with a photo, anecdotes, tips/advice!!
IMG_20220111_214056_MP.jpg (4,038kb) downloaded 204 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Tony6Strings
#128 Posted : 1/17/2022 9:42:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My first millet grow, from #110, on its third flush. Some weird fruits, and the block of substrate is covered in the whitest prettiest fluffiest myc I've seen yet since I've been doing this. Which is not long mind you.

This next tub is interesting. Multispore syringe on steam sterilized millet. The print was labeled Amazon, it is the first thing I have grown that is not Golden Teacher.

Some of the caps are growing lighter colored caps. The pins all originally had dark brown caps with white mycelium residue. Then they started sprouting from the dark brown, some beige colored caps, somewhat larger and blobbier than the original pin caps.

I know there is luciestic Amazon, Aa+ is my next grow I've got it running nicely on wheat and popcorn. Is that what this is, is luciestic fruits? Is this a common mutation with this variety? I know it is a bit early to tell they are pretty small. Interested to see what happens with this one, now that I'm doing agar it will be fun to pick some clones.
IMG_20220117_095859_MP.jpg (4,719kb) downloaded 188 time(s).
IMG_20220117_101516_MP.jpg (5,218kb) downloaded 186 time(s).
IMG_20220117_101500_MP.jpg (5,282kb) downloaded 188 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Tony6Strings
#129 Posted : 1/18/2022 3:53:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You quoted me talking about two separate shoetubs...

The millet 3rd flush I don't have questions about, I just think the myc looks pretty, fluffy and very white, wanted to add to the thread.

The second two pictures, of the pinning shoetubs, this is what I'm referring to. I'm somewhat familiar with overlay as I've been reading up in preparation of my first Natalensis grow. These Sterilite shoeboxes get plenty sufficient FAE simply by cracking the lid, check out the rest of the thread...

The caps themselves have other lighter colored caps growing from them. I will let it grow out and take another picture.
olympus mon wrote:

Tony6Strings
#130 Posted : 1/20/2022 8:22:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's the shoetub from post #128. The lighter cap growths grew fuzzy mycelial hats. I've taken a few prints.

IMG_20220120_113759_MP.jpg (5,301kb) downloaded 128 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

LeoLey
#131 Posted : 1/21/2022 5:22:02 AM

change is coming

nice! I love their fuzzy hats! Very happy
Leo

Tony6Strings
#132 Posted : 1/26/2022 9:30:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tonite I drank tea made from 7 dried grams of the Amazon (fuzzy hats). This amount because I regularly take that much GT..

The Amazon more potent. Lol. Wow.
olympus mon wrote:

Tony6Strings
#133 Posted : 1/28/2022 12:23:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Golden Teacher, popcorn, flush #3.

Amazonian, millet, flush #2 (I cut three caps for printing after this pic and let the rest of the tub grow another day before I cut it down)

Like I said the Amazonian are more potent than these specific GTs. I regularly take 7-8 grams of these for a full (not overboard) experience. I took 6 grams Amazonian the other night and got twice as high as I meant to (or wanted to) be. It was insane!! There were visions!! Entities!!! I was very High with capital H.

IMG_20220126_200830_MP.jpg (5,226kb) downloaded 78 time(s).
IMG_20220127_121726_MP.jpg (5,031kb) downloaded 79 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Fridge
#134 Posted : 1/28/2022 1:34:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just love this thread! ...and I am glad you enjoyed your Amazonians. I had some of that variety about two decades ago and I have fond memories of these trips.

Tony6Strings wrote:

If you have grown this variety (melmac), please stop by with a photo, anecdotes, tips/advice!!

I have grown Melmac, but from multispore and it seemed that they reverted to regular PEs for some reason. Unfortunately I had to discontinue my mushroom grow adventures for now otherwise I would have worked on that culture and cloned the most promising fruits.

However I have some pics from other mushrooms you intend to grow. Two of my personal favorites. I hope you don't mind me posting these, otherwise give me a shout and I will remove the pics.

The first one I attached is Psilocybe Natalensis. These are very forgiving when it comes to not being able to provide optimal grow parameters. The spaghetti-like growth apparently isn't because of environmental factors being off, it's because of genetics.
Very potent, so I would go easy on them. 7 gram will be too much I think. For me 2 gram provides a perfectly balanced experience. I have to say that the visuals really remind me of visuals I get in DMT hyperspace, but I have an idea that my DMT journeys have started to influence the visuals I see during my mushroom journeys. I think one day I need to make a thread about that...

The second one is the Cubensis variety Rusty Whyte. These used to be my favorites before Natalensis found me. These are usually potent but in a friendly way. I never felt like it was a mistake to take them if you know what I mean. Even if the experience turned out to be much ore intense than intended.

Both mushrooms grow under the conditions that you are already familiar with, but Natalensis seems to appreciate a bit more FAE.
Fridge attached the following image(s):
IMG_20210131_103802.jpg (2,748kb) downloaded 79 time(s).
DSC_0007.JPG (4,419kb) downloaded 78 time(s).
...no need to worry...

Tony6Strings
#135 Posted : 1/28/2022 2:52:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fridge!! You are so good at those Natalensis!! Lots of people have trouble, even experienced growers, TCs and what have you, have had trouble doing well with Nats, from what I've read and pictures I've seen. I've read a lot of the Natalensis thread on Shroomery, and your tubs are some of the best looking I've seen!! Questions... Do you ever get crazy overlay with these? And have you bioassayed this overlay?

I have some Natalensis T1s and a T2 that are looking ready to send to grain, this will be my first time inoculating with agar. Feels damn good to do it correct!! Although it must be said, especially since this thread is for helping the newcomer who owns no cultivation gear and minimal funds: spores to steam sterilized millet has been very good to me. Mind you, I made all these syringes with prints, with the exception of the first grow which was a vendor purchased syringe. Reused the actual syringe, cut little 1ml markers in because the black print wears off with use...

I love the Smurf in the RW pic!! I have a RW print I want to get busy with.

I just spawned three shoeboxes during the last couple days. One is more Amazonian, 3 myco pints popcorn/millet mix. The other two are Albino Amazonian (Aa+), which is a parent of Rusty Whyte. 3 pints to one, 2 to the other. I am trying a smaller ratio of coir (1:1 spawn/coir plus a coir casing).

I also have some SWPE on agar, I am excited about these. A friend just mailed me an APE swab. I'm putting together a decent collection of spore. I plan on printing/swabbing everything I grow so that I can give away prints to the next newcomer or old hand who needs or wants. Please hit me up if you need a print, everyone should have access to this and it shouldn't cost a damn thing except the time and effort you pay into doing a good grow. Grain is less than a buck a pound. I bought 3 bricks coir for eight bucks from pet store when I first started this thread, and I still have a little.

Oh yeah, and... I learned a valuable lesson about varying potency between different varieties Ps. Cubensis. Just because I regularly consumed 8 gram doses of those specific variety Golden Teacher, does not mean that I should throw in similar amounts of every cube I grow just to try out. I think 3.5 grams would be a good dose for these Amazonian, which is more what I was accustomed to from previous experiences with cubensis.

olympus mon wrote:

Fridge
#136 Posted : 1/28/2022 6:09:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
Fridge!! You are so good at those Natalensis!! Lots of people have trouble, even experienced growers, TCs and what have you, have had trouble doing well with Nats, from what I've read and pictures I've seen. I've read a lot of the Natalensis thread on Shroomery, and your tubs are some of the best looking I've seen!! Questions... Do you ever get crazy overlay with these? And have you bioassayed this overlay?

Thanks for the kind words, Tony Smile. I believe the secret of my success with these is the clone culture I got and kept alive for about 2 years by now. There was a lot of luck and a bit of work involved. I always considered myself to have won the genetic lottery. This culture has never produced any overlay. It's exciting to work with mushrooms!
Once I got a colonized grain bag from a friend though, which produced some massive overlay blobs along with normal looking fruits. I kind of regret that I haven't tried any as I always went for the normal looking fruits.

Tony6Strings wrote:
I have some Natalensis T1s and a T2 that are looking ready to send to grain, this will be my first time inoculating with agar. Feels damn good to do it correct!! Although it must be said, especially since this thread is for helping the newcomer who owns no cultivation gear and minimal funds: spores to steam sterilized millet has been very good to me. Mind you, I made all these syringes with prints, with the exception of the first grow which was a vendor purchased syringe. Reused the actual syringe, cut little 1ml markers in because the black print wears off with use...

I love the Smurf in the RW pic!! I have a RW print I want to get busy with.
Agar work is a lot of fun. In the beginning I always felt like a mad scientist doing these things.
I see you had some decent success with the way you worked before! So far you worked with multi spore correct? Now you can clone the best looking fruits from your tub and the clone run will produce a tub full of similar looking fruits. I like consuming clones because the potency doesn't vary so much from fruit to fruit.

I am curious already to read what your impression of Natalensis. I find them so different compared to cubes when it comes to the experience. I really like moving around when I had Natalensis. I get kind of lazy on Cubes.

Happy growing!
...no need to worry...

Tony6Strings
#137 Posted : 1/28/2022 9:28:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I've been doing multispore syringes to jars of millet, wheat berries and popcorn. Before that I was doing syringes to pf cakes and shredding them. Had decent success each way I did it. I like grains. Specifically, millet.

Printing the Amazon. Notice my freeze precipitation Corningware doubles as a printing area. I can get the caps on the foil, get the lid on the casserole dish, then I can put it on a shelf, don't have to leave the SAB on the counter all day. Was how I did it before I used a SAB...

IMG_20220128_122611_MP.jpg (2,868kb) downloaded 63 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Tony6Strings
#138 Posted : 1/29/2022 7:37:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My stash. Seven ounces and change. Today I want to make chocolate for turning on the neighbors. Tonight I'm going to take some.
IMG_20220129_114033_MP.jpg (5,634kb) downloaded 54 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Tony6Strings
#139 Posted : 2/4/2022 4:16:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Agar, round two. By the way I am proud of round one!! One single plate contaminated out of sixteen! Here are some of my humble little cultures, and my pour tonite: slime green!! I get a more neon green by mixing the green and yellow in the regular colors package, but this green was from neon gel package. I like it, reminds me of slime. Nuclear waste from Simpsons. Feels like my sterile technique was on tonite, we will see. I've got an especially quick nice looking rhysmorphic sector on a melmac t1, I'm dying to punch out a transfer and get it on a new plate!!!

The color doesn't really matter much. Once the myc really gets going it eats the color right out of the agar and goes back to clear. Especially Natalensis myc. But I like colors, especially bold neons. Is psychedelic, man. 🤯🤩🥳🥰
IMG_20220131_194759_MP.jpg (3,948kb) downloaded 38 time(s).
IMG_20220203_193946_MP.jpg (3,985kb) downloaded 38 time(s).
IMG_20220203_195700_MP.jpg (4,003kb) downloaded 39 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Tony6Strings
#140 Posted : 2/6/2022 7:43:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Incoming!! Amazonian, popcorn with a little millet. Blobs on caps in abundance. I noticed last grow these went away in subsequent flushes. I don't mind I think it is neat.

I put a 1" coir casing on this Aa+ shoebox, and while it is taking it's time colonizing the casing, it is throwing out it's first flush in side pins. They are more of a beige, cream color as opposed to white. Still lighter than your average cube.

I've got ten pint millet jars going. Five Melmac five Natalensis. All were inoculated with agar wedge. All showing healthy growth. Excited about these grows!!

Also I punched out five transfers from the leading edge of a particularly healthy looking fast growing sector of rhysmorphic mycelium from a Melmac T1. The plate I nocd the jars with wasn't awesome looking, mostly tomentose with a large rhys sector. Clean myc. I just wanted to grow some macs. Excited about continuing work on this culture.

Natalensis has me excited too!! My crazy nat germ plate has a pin!! I'm cloning it this morning!!
IMG_20220206_110650_MP.jpg (6,471kb) downloaded 140 time(s).
IMG_20220206_112802_MP.jpg (5,312kb) downloaded 140 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

«PREV56789NEXT