We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
On: DMT and Frequency of Use and Dosage of Use Options

Dasein
#21 Posted : 6/5/2021 5:35:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lately I have been using it only with harmalas. Today I took 60mg harmine sublingually, waited for 10-15 minutes and then vaped 30mg first, nothing happened! so after about half an hour I tried again with 50mg. I use the direct e-mesh method, set to 14-15 Watts in fixed wattage mode. But yeah perhaps it's a bit too high because I get that burnt plastic taste.

I haven't used used many drugs in my life, and I have a hard time tolerating most drugs (even lsd and mushrooms are a bit hard to enjoy). DMT has been the only big exception, and it has changed my whole life. I have struggled with crippling depression for over 14 years and I am still 26! DMT has... perhaps even cured my depression. I used to feel dead and exhausted all the time. I would wake up at 10 and stay in bed till 5 or 6 pm, often without eating anything. I have spent the greater part of the past 7 years just lying in bed. That has completely changed! Now I get up at 7, take no more than 15-30 minutes to get out of bed, and stay active the whole day. I take better care of myself, take my meals more regularly etc. A naive part of me wants to be rewarded for all this effort, I find it a bit funny! and that is the part which gets upset when denied that reward. But I have been rather obsessed with it, I cannot stop thinking about it even though I only do it once a week. Also, there is something I have been neglecting, my studies! So, perhaps I need to focus on that... but this is what I find annoying, the likely causes are infinite, and I cannot stop thinking about what the actual cause could be. Worse, that I am not even a materialist/reductionist anymore and cannot satisfy myself with purely scientific explanations. There is no paradigm which could offer me a limited space of possible explanations and cancel out the rest.

On my last breakthrough, I encountered something different. The entities I had encountered before were all very friendly but on that trip, there was this fabric before me on which the colors and patterns were appearing, and then something tried to pop out of it, something angry, but it couldn't pierce through. The rest of the trip was fine, but I experienced eternity... it came to a point where I was unsure if I have ever experienced anything other than this, I started wondering if I have been in this state forever, it was eternity in a very real and literal sense... so... did I just experience all there was?
این جهان با تو خوش است و آن جهان با تو خوش است
این جهان بی‌من مباش و آن جهان بی‌من مرو

ای عیان بی‌من مدان و ای زبان بی‌من مخوان
ای نظر بی‌من مبین و ای روان بی‌من مرو

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#22 Posted : 6/5/2021 5:48:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I feel you for sure on the depression front. DMT has been invaluable in helping me with mine too.

If DMT is in some regards synonymous with the infinite, then you will always be able to have new experiences. "DMT always has something new to show."

DMT seems to want to interact with us, but also wants us to live our lives. That said, balance your obsession (I think we're probably all obsessed with DMT, hence our presence here) but living balanced; engage those studies, develop a good diet and physical routine for yourself. Love yourself and those around you. Etc. Then revisit the Spice and see what it thinks.

You'll get back in sooner or laterLove

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Dasein
#23 Posted : 6/9/2021 11:19:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, I was let back in! had a breakthrough yesterday, met some time traveling/time altering twins and some other entities.

I figured out what I was doing wrong.
a) the wattage was too high, I turned it down to 13 watts and it worked much much better, no burnt taste, no irritation in the lungs, no bouts of coughing etc.

b) The dose was too high! the day before yesterday I vaped whatever was left over from my 50mg attempt, it was hardly 10mg and that too without harmalas and I still got to the waiting room. This time I took 60mg of harmine sublingually and about 15mg of DMT.

c) A month ago I had a very intense experience with a very quick onset, and that sort of set my expectations. The last few times, the onset wasn't as quick as before and that instantly made me start worrying about being locked out. This thought "oh shit, nothing's happening!" was the reason why nothing was happening. I have a feeling that there is a train you have to catch in the first 30-40 seconds after inhaling, if a troubling thought diverts your attention, you miss the train and are just left behind! Also, I was being a bit demanding in that way, demanding the experience I wanted, but it doesn't work like that. One must go there with hands stretched out and just take and be thankful for whatever's given to one.

d) I have become more familiar with the dmt world and I don't have the same body load as before. DMT is not physically difficult to tolerate anymore, my body can tolerate it much better, and perhaps that too contributed to this fear "oh shit, nothing's happening!". I mistook the smooth and gentle onset for "being locked out".

feels a bit stupid, I was just standing at the door freaking out about being locked out even though it was open and I could've walked in anytime... but oh well, I know better now!
این جهان با تو خوش است و آن جهان با تو خوش است
این جهان بی‌من مباش و آن جهان بی‌من مرو

ای عیان بی‌من مدان و ای زبان بی‌من مخوان
ای نظر بی‌من مبین و ای روان بی‌من مرو

Voidmatrix
#24 Posted : 6/9/2021 1:34:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Eh, don't be too hard on yourself. Given that (probably) the vast majority of us Nexians are obsessed with/committed to the Spice. Most of us would be or have gotten freaked out at the prospect of being disallowed something that is so dear to our hearts.

More often than not, the Molecule (seems to) responds to our response to its effects, so if you feel you're going to far, have a disturbing thought, etc, it will dampen the degree of its effects to accommodate.

Advise from my experience: be receptive with limited expectation; the Spice will always have something new to show. And surrender...Love

I'm happy for you getting back in. May you have transformative and enlightening journeys.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Th3_tRuTh
#25 Posted : 6/9/2021 3:05:40 PM

Yūgen "a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe ... and the sad beauty of human suffering"

Voidmatrix wrote:
Eh, don't be too hard on yourself. Given that (probably) the vast majority of us Nexians are obsessed with/committed to the Spice. Most of us would be or have gotten freaked out at the prospect of being disallowed something that is so dear to our hearts.

More often than not, the Molecule (seems to) responds to our response to its effects, so if you feel you're going to far, have a disturbing thought, etc, it will dampen the degree of its effects to accommodate.

Advise from my experience: be receptive with limited expectation; the Spice will always have something new to show. And surrender...Love

I'm happy for you getting back in. May you have transformative and enlightening journeys.

One love

I couldn't agree more, and every day I fool myself into believing that I have some sort of control over it. Ex., I talked myself out of the medicine I knew I needed yesterday to deal with something specific that was coming up. I convinced myself that my mindset needed changing outside of that space and I will have a better experience when I do fly because I will have worked out that thing by myself, sort of earning my trip in a way. This is ridiculous because I do this all the time and I always end up with exactly what I needed, only a day to a week later and after having gone through more of the same cycle. So I choose to pass, torture myself, feel even worse the next day/week, then feel incredible and foolish when I finally journey because I could have spared myself the self-fulfilling prophecy and just taken my medicine when I knew I needed it. And literally every challenging experience started with a random thought that I let slip in and turn into the trip. This stuff is incredible, never ceases to amaze me.

Tomtegubbe
#26 Posted : 6/9/2021 3:57:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Th3_tRuTh wrote:
I couldn't agree more, and every day I fool myself into believing that I have some sort of control over it.

I think healthy attitude towards spice is like a healthy marriage. Neither one of you dominates over other. You respect what the other one wants to tell you and build mutual respect so that if you don't feel good about something you have your word to say.

You have to learn to know each other and each other's ways. Like the experience affects you, you affect the hyperspace experience. You can bring out both good and bad in each other and it requires effort and intention to work in unison.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Voidmatrix
#27 Posted : 6/9/2021 4:10:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:
Th3_tRuTh wrote:
I couldn't agree more, and every day I fool myself into believing that I have some sort of control over it.

I think healthy attitude towards spice is like a healthy marriage. Neither one of you dominates over other.

Solidly stated. Hence my expression "I embraced the Spice as it embraces me." I can't help but notice a beautiful reciprocity in my relationship Love

and @Th3_tRuth, I have recently moved out of such a cycle as you have described. I believe you will too.

One love

Th3_tRuTh
#28 Posted : 6/9/2021 4:28:19 PM

Yūgen "a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe ... and the sad beauty of human suffering"

Voidmatrix wrote:

Solidly stated. Hence my expression "I embraced the Spice as it embraces me." I can't help but notice a beautiful reciprocity in my relationship Love

and @Th3_tRuth, I have recently moved out of such a cycle as you have described. I believe you will too.

One love

Tomtegubbe wrote:

You have to learn to know each other and each other's ways. Like the experience affects you, you affect the hyperspace experience. You can bring out both good and bad in each other and it requires effort and intention to work in unison.

Yes to both! All of that makes so much sense and I think is exactly what I needed to hear/read today. Thank you both.

Voidmatrix
#29 Posted : 6/10/2021 12:06:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Th3_tRuTh wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

One love

Tomtegubbe wrote:

Yes to both! All of that makes so much sense and I think is exactly what I needed to hear/read today. Thank you both.

I hope you blast off today Love

One love

Fridge
#30 Posted : 10/20/2021 11:07:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just wanted to make a similar thread, but I saw that a similar one exists already. Thanks voidmatrix for creating this as it has given me some sort of guidance already.

As a few of you know, I have really gotten to know what the DMT experience can look like. I fell in love with it and I can still feel it working within me in very subtle ways, but it's fading.
I got deep respect for psychedelics in general. I work with mushrooms for a long time now and I reap the most benefits from them, when I use them approximately every 4 weeks (if it feels like the time is right/they are calling). That's my sweet spot for mushrooms in terms of frequency. If I use them in shorter intervals, the effects become diminished and the magic gets lost.

Now, I feel DMT potentially can be as beneficial to me as psilocybin is, only in very different areas of my life. I would like the DMT experience to become a similar ritual to the ritual I established around the mushroom experience.
I honestly felt like I want to go back to the experience, I had on DMT the very next day already. But I didn't, because I know I need to work through what I experienced. It would have been disrespectful towards the molecule.

I wonder, is DMT as self regulating as mushrooms are? Will DMT let you know when one is overdoing it, by giving you a good slap? I feel doing it every 1-2 weeks seems appropriate but I would like to hear an experienced opinion on that idea.
...no need to worry...

Vangoghdream
#31 Posted : 10/20/2021 12:42:41 PM
WiFfLe In a WaFfLe BoX

Fridge wrote:
I wonder, is DMT as self regulating as mushrooms are? Will DMT let you know when one is overdoing it, by giving you a good slap? I feel doing it every 1-2 weeks seems appropriate but I would like to hear an experienced opinion on that idea.

It is. I have taken breaks for as long as two years after a harrowing experience. DMT pushes me away and sometimes it pulls me in. It is good to take breaks and really think about your experiences. I attempt to apply my truths I discover while on DMT to my waking life, which makes me feel like I am listening or at least trying to expand my perspective. I think of it like going to visit a teacher, learn a thing or two and then apply it. If I was to return to the teacher over and over, the teacher may well just stop the lessons until you apply. Respect for the teacher is wise.

Fridge
#32 Posted : 10/20/2021 1:33:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Vangoghdream wrote:

It is. I have taken breaks for as long as two years after a harrowing experience. DMT pushes me away and sometimes it pulls me in. It is good to take breaks and really think about your experiences. I attempt to apply my truths I discover while on DMT to my waking life, which makes me feel like I am listening or at least trying to expand my perspective. I think of it like going to visit a teacher, learn a thing or two and then apply it. If I was to return to the teacher over and over, the teacher may well just stop the lessons until you apply. Respect for the teacher is wise.

Thank you so much for your input, Vangoghdream. Two years is a long time, but it's probably not feeling like a long time, if one had a rough experience. I can relate, once I had such a difficult mushroom journey, that it left me with no desire for more for quite a while. It is good to know that DMT works in similar ways.

I like the analogy of the teacher. That brings up another question...
Mushrooms were the perfect teachers for me so far. Besides many beneficial aspects they make me reflect on areas of my life that need improvement or that I need to work on. They can do that in a very mercy less way. Basically kicking my butt, but once I got the message and agree to work on it I usually get rewarded by a blissful experience that glows in me for several weeks after the actual experience.

So far DMT has been different for me. DMT rather shows me things, then teach me things. At least when I compare it to the way mushrooms take me by the hand and teach me. Maybe I haven't yet learned to interpretate the lesson it wants to teach?
...no need to worry...

Voidmatrix
#33 Posted : 10/20/2021 10:23:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fridge wrote:

I would also say that it is. Potentially even more so than mushrooms. There are realms and areas of hyperspace that are simply uncomfortable, and there are some that can be terrifying. Don't read into that too much because it may never happen to you. This alone helps a great deal with self-regulation. All the same, there are people that have a DMT problem, though it seems to be rare, so may not have the same degree of self-regulation for all individuals. I would recommend searching the "hyper-slap" as well as the "lockout" phenomenon. These are often interpreted as cues from either DMT or something in the space that brings about these two kinds of experiences. The "hyper-slap" is commonly described as a very dark, uncomfortable, terrifying, and perhaps even torturing experiences. "Lockout" is when one cannot access hyperspace, often regardless of dose.

Vangoghdream wrote:

Very well said and beautiful analogy my friend. Love

Fridge wrote:
Mushrooms were the perfect teachers for me so far. Besides many beneficial aspects they make me reflect on areas of my life that need improvement or that I need to work on. They can do that in a very mercy less way. Basically kicking my butt, but once I got the message and agree to work on it I usually get rewarded by a blissful experience that glows in me for several weeks after the actual experience.

So far DMT has been different for me. DMT rather shows me things, then teach me things. At least when I compare it to the way mushrooms take me by the hand and teach me. Maybe I haven't yet learned to interpretate the lesson it wants to teach?

DMT can be sweet and hand-holding and whatnot. For me, more often than not, it is completely alien and transcendent to any type of pragmatic judgements I may normally make outside of being in hyperspace. This is why I find skepticism (in a variety of senses) to be a very powerful tool, aiding in traversing the spaces and surrendering to the experience. E.g. If I cannot commit to an assertion about what I "know" then any judgements made are to a degree superfluous. It's paradoxical balancing act. Anyway, DMT often gives lessons by causing you to ask more questions. Often times, you will probably come back with more questions than answers.

It always has something new to show you.

Love

One love

Fridge
#34 Posted : 10/21/2021 7:29:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:

DMT can be sweet and hand-holding and whatnot. For me, more often than not, it is completely alien and transcendent to any type of pragmatic judgements I may normally make outside of being in hyperspace. This is why I find skepticism (in a variety of senses) to be a very powerful tool, aiding in traversing the spaces and surrendering to the experience. E.g. If I cannot commit to an assertion about what I "know" then any judgements made are to a degree superfluous. It's paradoxical balancing act. Anyway, DMT often gives lessons by causing you to ask more questions. Often times, you will probably come back with more questions than answers.

Love

One love

This all makes perfect sense to me, thank you! I think I am approaching what I experienced in a similar manner as you do. Skepticism is a bit of a "safety net" for me. It helps me not to get lost in an experience. At the same time the experience itself makes me question views and opinions that have manifested in my ordinary everyday consciousness. I guess these are the questions that come up during and especially after visiting the DMT realms, you mentioned. I see now that it's these questions that harbor the lessons, I can learn from.

However this could become a thread of its own and I don't want to derail it too much. I really appreciate all the input, it helps a lot on my own little journey.
...no need to worry...

Voidmatrix
#35 Posted : 10/21/2021 6:43:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fridge wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

Love

One love

This all makes perfect sense to me, thank you! I think I am approaching what I experienced in a similar manner as you do. Skepticism is a bit of a "safety net" for me. It helps me not to get lost in an experience. At the same time the experience itself makes me question views and opinions that have manifested in my ordinary everyday consciousness. I guess these are the questions that come up during and especially after visiting the DMT realms, you mentioned. I see now that it's these questions that harbor the lessons, I can learn from.

However this could become a thread of its own and I don't want to derail it too much. I really appreciate all the input, it helps a lot on my own little journey.

Part of me kind of wants to delineate my method and personal philosophy with regard to skepticism on the forum in the hopes that it will help others. If I do so it'll probably within the next year, as I have told myself to consistently work on a treatise that I've wanted to write for over a decade revolving around paradox and skepticism.

The questioning of ourselves and our thinking is one of the reasons I find DMT in particular to be such a valuable devopmental tool. It opens the door and mind towards a recursive process of observing, questioning, scrutinizing, and augmenting thought and thought structures, and behaviors.

I'm glad to hear you carving out your path forward.

One love

Voidmatrix
#36 Posted : 10/21/2021 6:49:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also, I wanted to share with you some information about my personal frequency of use. There are some weeks where I will take some level of journey everyday. Other weeks it's far less frequent. In the past year, my use probably averages about once a week overall.

One love

Exitwound
#37 Posted : 10/21/2021 9:30:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Also, I wanted to share with you some information about my personal frequency of use. There are some weeks where I will take some level of journey everyday. Other weeks it's far less frequent. In the past year, my use probably averages about once a week overall.

One love

That's quite remarkable by my scale. I envy you and other featless ones and miss crazy fun journeys Smile

Edit, just saw replies to my other post and wanted to comment:

Quote:
I'm not sure I can agree with the assertion that simply asking the question is indicative of abuse. I feel this is going to be different for everyone and without asking ourselves the question we may not be able to introspect to see if it's so.
All the same I appreciate your prose in saying "maybe" and "possibly" rather than making definitive statements. And I commend your post in that it will hopefully cause people to really be honest with themselves about it.

I want to clarify my general intent in these matters is harm reduction. I'm always trying to recommend to slow down if I have a chance to do so. Of course everybody is free to decide for themselves, but I've seen too much playing with fire around me in rave scene and with casual drug eaters with these substances and not everybody comes unscathed from the other side. Some people just can't handle it and effup lives of themselves or people around them.
I judge no one, have no right to do so. I just will be more happy for everybody to take it slowly and with real, deepest respect. DMT deerves that.
After all, if smoking piles of DMT made you enlightened or teach you how to teleport to another dimension, the earth would already be half empty right now Laughing

murklan
#38 Posted : 10/21/2021 9:48:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

One love

That's quite remarkable by my scale. I envy you and other featless ones and miss crazy fun journeys Smile

Interesting. I've been taking it quite regularly since I begun 2 years ago. Once a week, or actually more like every 8:th day. With the exceptions of a pause during the two summer months (I want to be outdoors and the way i travel with the spice feel better indoors) and sometimes a bit more frequent when I want to try another ROA.

Really interesting to read about your relationship Voidmatrix. I've never seen it this way. Can I read some more about that here on the forum? If you've written more about it?

Voidmatrix
#39 Posted : 10/21/2021 10:34:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

One love

Edit, just saw replies to my other post and wanted to comment:

Quote:
I'm not sure I can agree with the assertion that simply asking the question is indicative of abuse. I feel this is going to be different for everyone and without asking ourselves the question we may not be able to introspect to see if it's so.
All the same I appreciate your prose in saying "maybe" and "possibly" rather than making definitive statements. And I commend your post in that it will hopefully cause people to really be honest with themselves about it.

I want to clarify my general intent in these matters is harm reduction. I'm always trying to recommend to slow down if I have a chance to do so. Of course everybody is free to decide for themselves, but I've seen too much playing with fire around me in rave scene and with casual drug eaters with these substances and not everybody comes unscathed from the other side. Some people just can't handle it and effup lives of themselves or people around them.
I judge no one, have no right to do so. I just will be more happy for everybody to take it slowly and with real, deepest respect. DMT deerves that.
After all, if smoking piles of DMT made you enlightened or teach you how to teleport to another dimension, the earth would already be half empty right now Laughing

Exitwound, my friend, thank you so much for sharing and clarifying! I have a great deal more understanding on your position and the initial statement of discussion. I have to say, when it is explained that way, I agree. In that context, most people are doing drugs to do drugs. The intention and direction is missing, and can thus lead to harm. It makes me think of those that state there's no such thing as a bad trip. I feel that is false. Some people do come out of these spaces traumatized by the experience. There are many factors outside of just the drug that can precipitate this, but all the same, trauma can be a result when we're not careful or mindful about our use and practice.

I am also with you in feeling more at peace knowing that people are interacting with DMT in a manner that shows the utmost reverence and respect and safety. For me personally, it's a very intimate, almost marriage-like relationship; the spice embraces me as I embrace it, we appear to work with each other, and we're open with each other and accepting. I have a ritual for engagement, as well as a specific invocation for my journeying with DMT. It's a sort of dedication and commitment.

And thank you, I think Laughing My use does fluctuate, but I am working with it often for a large plethora of reasons.

And yes, psychedelics don't lead to Enlightenment, merely powerful tools for such an endeavor Smile

murklan wrote:
Really interesting to read about your relationship Voidmatrix. I've never seen it this way. Can I read some more about that here on the forum? If you've written more about it?

I am confident there are definitely at least a handful of threads where I go into things of this nature. Pending on time I have today, I will try to compile some of these threads for you. It may take me a little bit since some things I have shared are in threads where the OP isn't from me. I'll see what I can do for ya Smile

Love

One love

PREV12