We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
How safe is vaping weed in GVG? Options

murklan
#21 Posted : 2/3/2021 9:39:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes! Thanks a lot for all the info! Whenever I lay my hands on large quantities I'm going to do this for sure.

Has any of you done bubble hash, just for comparison with this 'honey oil/shatter'?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#22 Posted : 2/3/2021 10:22:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

murklan - bubble hash is wonderful stuff. The reason I stopped doing this method and chose to only go with ethanol as a solvent to extract was the amount of time and energy I had to input into my extraction. Also the clean and less harsh taste of the honey oil or shatter glass extract tasted much better than even the best bubble hash I made and much less harsh on the lungs. Bubble bags with ice were a large amount of time and effort for a little payoff. The end result, while nice, still had too much plant material in it for day to day consumption and of all the hash I got out of extracting from a quarter pound of high quality flower I only got a small amount of bubble hash out of it, the rest was medium to high quality hash, but not bubble. A the old saying goes, if it ain't bubble it ain't worth the trouble. When I used 195 proof ethanol to extract my hash I realized how much plant material was still in it as it gummed up a whole bunch of coffee filters with very small plant material. The end result was a clear golden shatter material that was extremely potent. One experiment I did was to put 20 grams of high grade bubble hash through the ethanol extraction process and I ended up with 17 grams of exceptional shatter glass concentrate. So there were 3 entire gram of plant material still left in my 20 gram chunk of bubble hash. It was much easier on my lungs with the refined concentrate than the bubble hash, and it tasted better and more pure as there were no burning plant materials. I also felt that I was getting a higher percentage of return using ethanol to extract from the same material as I did when I went the ice hash extraction method. Use whatever method works best for you and your taste. Experimenting with different methods always helps one to find what works best for your needs. Hope that info helps. ;-)
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

murklan
#23 Posted : 2/3/2021 10:35:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much 'Mitakuye Oyasin'!
I've looked into bubble bags, being curious of 'refining' the harvest. But I don't want to refine to much or getting to far into isolates territory as I want to believe that the whole plant have something to offer. But I guess the terpenes also get into the ethanol extract?

(this being said, I gladly extract and isolate DMT and harmalas Wink )

I'm on a Dynavap and am thankful of how much better for the lungs it feels. And I also have to use less weed. I have to read up a bit on how to do shatter in that (seems like people are using 'de-gummed hemp fiber'.. don't think I'll find that here).

Metta-Morpheus
#24 Posted : 2/3/2021 10:52:43 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

Mr. Oyasin: I am a big proponent of bubble hash as well. And understand very well what you mean about the time and effort put into making bubble. I was pondering the idea of trying the ethanol extract on bubble, and here I log in to see you have tried it with great success. Any tips on refining the ethanol extract itself? My extract came out a little gooey and hard to handle. Would another ethanol soak on the extract clean it up you think? It was far from a shatter, and I would like to get it more to that consistency.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Mitakuye Oyasin
#25 Posted : 2/4/2021 2:07:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

murklan yes, ethanol is a full spectrum solvent, so you are grabbing lots of terpenes and cannabinoids along with just THC-A. The final concentrate will be a full spectrum mix of Cannabis, which I believe to be the most beneficial.

Metta-Morpheus I actually prefer the soft Molasses like consistency like you are describing for my concentrates to the shatter like consistency. I believe it means that your full spectrum extract has lots of terpenes and cannabinoids and flavanoids in it, which give it this consistency, in addition to the THC-A which is the bulk of the extract. Shatter consistency I find to be lacking some of these components and actually harder to work with than the Molasses. With shatter, pieces often break off and shoot out and get lost or land on the floor where they become a sticky mess. I will usually gently heat my stainless steel dab tool which makes it easier to move the desired amount of concentrate out of my glass jar and into my dab rig. Hope this info helps. ;-)
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#26 Posted : 2/9/2021 2:43:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is a link to a pretty good video on making RSO, FECO, Phoenix Tears, whatever you might want to call full spectrum decarbed Cannnabis oil extract. Some people learn better by watching someone do the steps of a tek instead of just words on a page. Hope this helps. ;-)
How To Make Cannabis Oil With Mike Wise (Rick Simpson Oil, RSO, FECO, Phoenix Tears, High THC Oil) by The Mike Wise Show
https://www.youtube.com/...-RU&feature=youtu.be
— Terence McKenna

Egzoset
#27 Posted : 2/12/2021 7:48:53 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
The "G" in "GVG" is for Glass...

M'yeah, as if i never mentioned it before. Try to make holes in glass, great find.

Confused

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
There are many designs out there using these silicon carbide stones...

Facts instead of self-promoting fanboyism in disguise please, there's only 1 vaporizer like this, at least in principle considering it's patented anyway:

Now check how that's manufactured...

Rolling eyes

The rest on my dedicated page, on this update you'd rather forget all about, obviously.

So, next logical step is going to be e-Mesh, right?... Pleased

Good day, have fun!! Cool

murklan
#28 Posted : 2/12/2021 9:15:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Here is a link to a pretty good video on making RSO, FECO, Phoenix Tears, whatever you might want to call full spectrum decarbed Cannnabis oil extract. Some people learn better by watching someone do the steps of a tek instead of just words on a page. Hope this helps. ;-)
How To Make Cannabis Oil With Mike Wise (Rick Simpson Oil, RSO, FECO, Phoenix Tears, High THC Oil) by The Mike Wise Show
https://www.youtube.com/...-RU&feature=youtu.be

Thank you! It took a while but just now I checked the video. Great, informative, fun.. and more! Good to share easy techniques for making your own medicine. He was really into the thing and that's great to see. ... but I'm a bit skeptical about the quite hefty claims me makes about how effective it is to cure cancer. It became a bit conspiratorial there... but I mean it not that I don't think big pharma isn't corrupt (Totaly!) it's more about the claim that something can cure every terminal brain cancer.

Metta-Morpheus
#29 Posted : 2/12/2021 9:54:35 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

I agree murklan. When that part came on I said out loud, “easy there, bud.”

Show me some sources, right?

But good info on making concentrates.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Mitakuye Oyasin
#30 Posted : 2/12/2021 10:38:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

murklan & Metta-Morpheus the only thing I disagree with the guy in the video is using teflon coated pans or rice cookers for extractions or making tinctures, salves, balms, edibles and the like. I only use glass and highly suggest anyone making Cannabis concentrates only use glass as well. Teflon is dangerous and not food safe and when you are making medicine you do not want to end up with plastic or teflon or any non-food grade impurities or chemicals in your final medical product. An easy fix is to use the teflon coasted rice cooker filled with some water and a glass bowl semi submerged in the water with your liquid Cannabis material in the glass. I have used a pyrex 1000ml measuring cup that you can pick up from most markets and semi submerge that in the water and let the rice cooker heat up the water and contents of the glass. 'Double boiler' is what they refer to it as for gentle cooking. Hope this info helps. ;-)
— Terence McKenna

PREV12