We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
6 months post brain damage - a warning Options

some one
#21 Posted : 1/6/2021 11:38:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Hey some one, while this may be true for some substances like cannabis which has some science backing your statement such as CBD's antagonistic interaction towards the pro-psychotic effects of THC doesn't necessarily make it true for other substances like syrian rue or caapi which do contain toxic phytochemicals that potentiate the emetic effect of the active constituents, in this case the beta-carboline group of alkaloids and produce an emetic effect on there own. For all we know the OP could have suffered more severe trauma if he/she had tried full spectrum aqueous extracts.

I didn't mean full spectrum extracts (those are perfect - no need for misc. plant matter). I was referring to 100% isolated single compounds (eg. pure harmaline or harmala). In terms of science, the warnings on synthetic prescription drugs based on maoi /rima can't be ignored. I'm not saying that consuming isolates is what caused trouble for OP, just that in my humble opinion we shouldn't underestimate (the healing power of) full spectrum synergy effects.

Think about the difference in effect of drinking beer vs wine vs spirits. There's more to it than just ethanol, right?

An interesting discussion:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...px?g=posts&m=1025395

some = one | here = some | there = one

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ulim
#22 Posted : 1/29/2021 5:12:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

EphemeralTruth wrote:
justB612 wrote:
Huh, sounds difficult, hope you get through it.

Also, try black seed oil while you're at it, helps a lot off folks who abused opioid or serotonergic drugs.

Safe travels!

I'll give that a try, thanks. I'm starting to look into a large stack of brain-healing supplements like Lions Mane, PPQ, Vinpocetine, Pterostilbene, krill oil, curcumin, ginkgo biloba, Sensoril, Aurora Blue, melatonin, and others. I figure at this point I might as well throw everything I can find at it (in addition to diet, exercise, and meditation).

I am curious if anyone thinks microdosing mushrooms or LSD could be beneficial or harmful. Some conditions respond "better" to being pushed a little bit while others just need pure time. I know psychedelics are often purported to increase BDNF and other measures of brain health, so it seems like maybe very small doses could gradually help my brain towards healing.

Thank you all again for your support and advice.

I would recommend to just stop poking fun at your brain and go see a doctor. You shouldnt experiment any more. Even though these supplements are generally safe for healthy people in your state you should just avoid doing anything that will affect your brain.
Stop

Tomtegubbe
#23 Posted : 1/29/2021 7:34:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ulim wrote:
I would recommend to just stop poking fun at your brain and go see a doctor. You shouldnt experiment any more. Even though these supplements are generally safe for healthy people in your state you should just avoid doing anything that will affect your brain.
Stop

I second this opinion. A neurologist might be able to identify what your problems are about and tell how much you should worry about it. It's possible that your problems are caused by something different from what you think. Usually knowledge helps going forward.

Best of luck 🙏
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

PREV12