We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
nutmeg extraction Options

vixintrex
#21 Posted : 12/2/2020 6:50:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

protip: cinnamon is nice

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#22 Posted : 12/2/2020 7:36:44 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

vixintrex wrote:
protip: cinnamon is nice

In all honesty, I already knew this when I was a small kid in the 1970's Wut? It's pretty much common knowledge.

But, seeing as you mentioned it, it's worth making sure you get true cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) - the expensive stuff from India - rather than cassia (C. cassia), typically from China and noticeably cheaper. The latter contains quantities of coumarin that can make it hazardous.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

vixintrex
#23 Posted : 12/4/2020 6:15:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it's like a hint of fireball behind the anise

so let's get back to the procedure

after the acetone was boiled off the remaining oil was washed thrice with lighter fluid. the lighter fluid was boiled off outside in a mason jar in a pot of oil. the remaining liquid was put in the refrigerator and the following morning had completely solidified.

Here's my conjecture: does the oil congeal homogenously? can I not like precipitate my goods separately? Borneol is a component of essential oil of nutmeg with an mp of 200c and seeing as the oil has gone from acetone to lighter fluid I guess this is it's first chance to precipitate. Safrole melts at 11 celsius. I can't get a number on myristicin but I'll assume it's similar. I'm gonna see about filtering off the borneol next.

source: no too bad my wife ripped my computer in half yesterday. And broke my heating mantle. And flasks. And sep funnel. And guitar.

vixintrex
#24 Posted : 12/4/2020 6:34:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

or yo the oil seems to freeze up 100 percent in the fridge and melt 100 percent at room temperature so it looks like it behaves exactly as would be desired so I think now the experiment proceeds to chlorination

vixintrex
#25 Posted : 12/4/2020 7:46:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so yo 20 ml of allylbenzenes out of 110 g of nutmeg seems a bit much right? I'm supposed to see like 20ml of oil and then 20 percent of that? Or ten percent. fifteen? Let's use optimistic numbers and give me 20 percent of 25 percent so I should be like 6 ml. Hm. Time for centrifuge? I think that if allylbenzene is denser than water and the terpenes aren't then this could be ok

vixintrex
#26 Posted : 12/4/2020 8:10:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yo so if this works I could write a centrifuge tek with no distillation apparatus for 2 g of amphetamines from 100 g of nutmeg maybe. next time maybe

lighter fluid soak
filter
boil off in oil pan outside
centrifuge
chlorinate
brominate
aminate

upon centrifugation test tubes revealed three layers from top to bottom amber milky and water. Let's assume the milky band is target

vixintrex
#27 Posted : 12/4/2020 9:24:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

now I give up

downwardsfromzero
#28 Posted : 12/4/2020 11:07:51 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
after the acetone was boiled off the remaining oil was washed thrice with lighter fluid. the lighter fluid was boiled off outside in a mason jar in a pot of oil. the remaining liquid was put in the refrigerator and the following morning had completely solidified.

Was this from a solvent extraction? If so, you've made nutmeg butter.

You could do with learning about analytical techniques before trying anything like this.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1084105#post1084105

Like I said, you're better off growing cacti.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

vixintrex
#29 Posted : 12/21/2020 12:07:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm back

Yeah an acetone rip is like straight trimyristin

I did it right this time. I think. The highest I got was like 140 c at -350 mmhg but the vacuum wasn't sustained. I had a bunch of (borneol?) clog the tubes up and I think right before my butane cut out I was seeing trimyristin clog up too so I think I got the stuff but like I'm not sure

PREV12