We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
How aninals react to you while on psychedelics Options

Sophia5000
#1 Posted : 8/9/2020 3:47:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm really curious about other people's observations on animal behavior, during a psychedelic voyage. I know that a person's behavior patterns can change during a trip, which can make an animal (especially one co-habitats with you) pick up on a difference easily...but I wonder if there is something more to this?
In a normal setting, my eldest girl dog can be aloof and distant. When I am under the influence of psychedelics, she becomes a material nurturer. She checks on me or will just sit by my side for hours. However, my younger boy dog that normally loves to cuddle and lick looks confused and bit weary. He's not scared of me by far, but just looks like the normal pattern of understanding is murky.

Would love to hear your feedback and personal experiences.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Tony6Strings
#2 Posted : 8/9/2020 4:26:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is interesting. Years ago I walked past a K9 unit, dog was in the back of the car, they were in my neighborhood looking for someone. I was peaking on an eighth of mushrooms but had nothing on me whatsoever. That dog went absolutely berserk as I approached.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Ancient Mariner
#3 Posted : 8/9/2020 4:27:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting topic. It might be the difference of my perception, but when I'm trippin, I feel like there is a better understanding between me and my dogs. Even wild birds and rodents seem more in sync with me and are less likely to go away. If it's not coming from my own projections, I think that the reason would be that psychedelics bring people to a more natural state and therefore, achieve more clear behavior to animals. As for pet dogs, I think they might be detecting a change in emotion through scent and movements and act to this change in whatever way they feel is best. My dogs act very similar to yours, surprisingly. My older female German Shepherd acts therapeutic and spends more time with me. The younger male Shepherd turns his head and can't figure what's up with me. He doesn't get weary though. He's pretty silly and will just get excited to play with a ball.

dithyramb
#4 Posted : 8/9/2020 8:09:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had observed years ago how cats got attracted to me and dogs fearfully escaped me while on San Pedro.

With rue, all animals come closer to me.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Qux
#5 Posted : 8/9/2020 11:11:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

On LSD my cats were just chilling, I felt like they snuggled much more than when I'm sober, but that's maybe because I'm usually a bit busy so I might not spend so much time with them. I was wondering whether the cat knows I'm tripping, but I couldn't tell. It's interesting that they still keep on living their cat life and come and go through the trip, they just don't care that much whether you're tripping your balls off or not. I think I never thought about cat life as much as during that trip Very happy.
It is only by my hand, by my face, my heart, my spirit
that either I will wither, or I will bloom,
I will become as green land, as tilled earth
I will germinate, I will sprout.

dragonrider
#6 Posted : 8/9/2020 1:38:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
This is interesting. Years ago I walked past a K9 unit, dog was in the back of the car, they were in my neighborhood looking for someone. I was peaking on an eighth of mushrooms but had nothing on me whatsoever. That dog went absolutely berserk as I approached.

Maybe you had the smell of a certain plant on you...

PedroSanchez
#7 Posted : 8/10/2020 12:51:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i see a mix of reactions from animals, mostly the same two major reactions as others are saying. some animals seem to comfort me and protect me, usually they are my own pets, and others seem to stay clear of me, like they see something is wrong but cant figure out what.

sometimes i also feel like we can communicate in a telepathic way. im sure this is in my head, but it definitely feels real Very happy

yesterday i went on an acid journey and just as we were coming up there was a dog that was barking at us from about 10-20 meters away. we were sat on a field and the dog was across the grass, but it sounded like we were inside a house and the dog bark was coming from outside and miles away. it was so unrealistically distant and both people present experienced it.
it felt to both of us as if the dog was making sure we knew where we were going and asking us if we were prepared and all okay Very happy
he was such a considerate and caring dog <3

ColorfulElfBoy
#8 Posted : 8/10/2020 1:58:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

On lsa I've noticed my dog look a bit concerned or intrested. Perhaps he sees the massive pupil dilation.

But it's also quite likely the it's the fact I'm more open and connected. Giving me a different perception of just normal behavior.

OneIsEros
#9 Posted : 8/10/2020 9:13:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently stopped hanging out with animals while I am on psychedelics. For 13 years it was fine. Then one day a bolt of negative energy flew out of me and caused my dog to, from a dead sleep, jump - backwards. He then proceeded to start crying, and was very scared. He ran up to me and would lick me like he was scared for me, but he wasn’t doing either of us any favours, it just created a weird feedback loop.

Other than that, great. I would send energy around the room and trip cats out. But, I will not be doing so anymore. Vibes are amplified on psychedelics, and if negative energy comes out, it can be disturbing for an animal that has no idea what the heck’s up. Your bad trip may not be your own, given that animals appear especially sensitive to our vibes when we are tripping.

Squidfayce
#10 Posted : 8/10/2020 11:20:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I just had my cat disturb a voyage and try to cough up a hairball on me. The disgust invaded my trip so profoundly that everything became eyes upon eyes and just infected my open eye world with pulsating parasitic globules of eyes. It was absolutely amazing and fascinating! He will be getting locked away next time though.

Sophia5000
#11 Posted : 8/13/2020 4:05:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Squidfayce wrote:
I just had my cat disturb a voyage and try to cough up a hairball on me. The disgust invaded my trip so profoundly that everything became eyes upon eyes and just infected my open eye world with pulsating parasitic globules of eyes. It was absolutely amazing and fascinating! He will be getting locked away next time though.

That’s funny!

Sophia5000
#12 Posted : 8/13/2020 4:47:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Really enjoying everyone’s feed back! Thanks for sharing!

I have a 2 yr old Quaker parrot as well. She loves being around me and will follow me from room to room.
I was hesitant about tripping around her for the first time. I’ve had plenty of experiences with my dogs or the previous cats I have owned. For the most part it was familiar territory. I had no idea what to expect from my bird. I fantasized that she could be my spirit animal. Nope! Lol not so much. I learned pretty quickly we are like oil and water during a trip. Normally if I have my guard down and am not focused on her she will try to take a nip at my skin while she’s on my shoulder. It’s quite jarring when your tripping and drift off into a different space and feel a sharp bite. That definitely snaps you back to semi reality. Birds are nervous by nature and super perceptive to change, so I’ve also noticed a distance in her behavior.

If anyone else has had experiences around birds, I would love to hear your story.

Squidfayce
#13 Posted : 8/14/2020 6:40:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have a hahns macaw and a blue fronted amazon. I won't trip around these birds because of the same reasons you've stated. Though there is also a level of unpredictability in their behaviour. If they got spooked and flew into a wall or a window while I was out, I'd not be in a position to help. If they chewed through something they shouldn't and need attention, can't help them. Parrots are basically three year olds with a pair of pliers, you need to be able to supervise them. Also you'd hate to squish them while you were under.

Also if weren't already across this, birds have one of the most sensitive cardiovascular systems of all animals. They can be ultra sensitive to smells/fumes from chemicals and can actually pretty much drop dead from exposure to some of them (PFOA and PTFE for example). I would avoid having your Quaker anywhere you are exhaling smoke or vapour just to ensure their little lungs are not affected.

Blazon
#14 Posted : 8/14/2020 2:31:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am only having terrapins now,but my dog would pick up on my tripping even when on high dose of edibles.
My terrapins are in the garden where I normally trip so it is nice to see these ancient reptiles around when reconnecting with the universe.
Had tree frogs in the past and especially in summer months I would hear ther callings and crickets singing,very nice background

tripwire
#15 Posted : 8/14/2020 5:35:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I administered changa to a lady who had three dogs, two english staffies and one crossed with a jack russel. At first they all seemed alarmed, as if their pack leader was about to die. Then when she didn't die, they became all loved up and calm. A curious response that reminded me of the simulated death conjecture that such experiences may mimic.

PedroSanchez
#16 Posted : 8/21/2020 1:00:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Squidfayce wrote:
He will be getting locked away next time though.

this is my go-to method Very happy
well, i dont lock them away, i lock me away and give them the rest of the house.

Northerner
#17 Posted : 8/21/2020 10:44:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My staffy used to come up and sit by me if I was having a hard time, make sure I was okay. It's got old for him now though, seen it so many times, no more sympathy for tripping people. Just like my wife. Laughing
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

PsillyPsimon
#18 Posted : 9/3/2020 1:27:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have noticed that even people, especially women, react differently to me when I am on psychedelics, even weed. I think that even children can sense a difference.

PedroSanchez
#19 Posted : 9/4/2020 3:38:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

PsillyPsimon wrote:
I have noticed that even people, especially women, react differently to me when I am on psychedelics, even weed. I think that even children can sense a difference.

you just reminded me of when my daughter was about 6yo and i was particularly stoned. she said "whats wrong with you? you look like..." [made a stoned face] Laughing
her mom and i exchanged looks and laughed.

a couple of months ago i remembered it and told her (now many years later she knows what i do). it was quite relieving to tell her, like i had been keeping a secret all these years Laughing

HolySmoke
#20 Posted : 9/4/2020 7:34:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From tripping with dog:

Weed - he becomes chill and just observes nature with me. Or falls asleep.
LSD - does not seem to notice much difference.
Shrooms - becomes slightly worried and keeps checking up on me.
DMT - becomes very worried, acts like I am about to die. Becomes very happy when I stand up again after the trip.
Intensity increases exponentially until you reach the I of the storm.

12NEXT